Things Remembered Employee Reviews

Found 1,064 reviews matching the search See all 1,098 reviews
Awful
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 16, 2019
Everything was awful about working here. They had unreasonable expectations of their employees and were not willing to accommodate for it. They were cheap and the management was ineffecient.
Cons
Worked with the best teamnates
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Horseheads, NYJanuary 13, 2019
Company is not one I would reccomend to work for unless you like to "fake it til you make" and the demands to get possible future advancements, are incredibly unfair and degrading. It's highly likely no matter how much you or how long you surrender to wanting a promotion, the company will go another direction than one promised to you. Politics are strongly important to the higher up management in the district/regional managers and completely unjustly run. THANKFULLY, I was able to work in a store where the boss is like no other, my teammates became my family, and the customer base and rapport is unforgettable and special. The current Store Manager, has put 35 years of her life into this company and poured her heart into the people that walked into her store every single day. It has been the most incredible and rewarding experience I've ever had in my life. Being my first job ever, started as an associate and worked my way to the Assistant, it's a bitter sweet reality to be one of forty stores chosen to close permanently. I've been able to grow professionally, mentally, and personally all under the experienced Manager advisement and the members of my team that became more than just coworkers. The manager took a chance on me and believed in me before I ever could and I have the most amazing people in my life who will share a special bond with me forever.
SO, NO I would not reccomend this ungrateful, misleading, and cruel company for employment.
Pros
Engraving, customer's stories, easy, employee discount
Cons
Higher up management, hours, exhausting
it wasnt all bad
Seasonal Engraver (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJanuary 13, 2019
t working environment but as time went but training was minimal of 2 weeks which in my opinion as a former engraver was not enough time improvement is highly needed in that area
Supportive Work Place
Manager (Current Employee) –  OHJanuary 9, 2019
This company has more tenure in the field than any other retail environment I've experienced. The Field Management is very supportive of Store Managers and staff and focus on skill development to further individual careers.
Okay part time job
Seasonal Engraver (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJanuary 7, 2019
It was slow before the holidays, there definitely should be more machines and space for engravers to work as to not get in the way of the sale associates. It was fun, would recommend as a part time job.
Sales
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Perfect seasonal job. Offers deals going on the store to the customers. Help the customer to fill out a form in order to engrave an item. Sometimes I used the register to check out the customer. Let the engraver know how the customer wanted the engraving on the item.
Place
Assistant Manager and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJanuary 6, 2019
I worked there off and on for like 7 years was a fun place to work enjoyed the customer base and my coworkers. Could have paid better and had better training
Very stressfull
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIJanuary 6, 2019
I worked for them for about 5 weeks before I quit. my main reason for leaving is because store management was terrible. they were good to costumers out bad to employees. on my third day there I had one of the shift lead yell at me in front of the customers and our ASM that I should not be standing around and be greeting customers as they come in to the store and that it is called multi-tasking and that I am a women and should know how to do it.. like I said this was my 3rd day and I was doing what I need and was told to do by the manager. I greeted every one who came in the store and was learning the lay out of the store and where the products that we sold were located.
Pros
was not required to take a lunch
Cons
bad managment
Not Good
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 1, 2019
No overhead or leadership available, minimal training, no breaks at all for 8-10 hour shifts, shifty management practices, generally was a terrible place to work.
Loved this job
Part Time Key Holder and Engraver (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 29, 2018
I truly loved working at things remember. We became one big family. Working holiday hours can be stressful but with this crew, we always made the best of it.

Want to know more about Things Remembered?

Ask a question
fast-pasted and it will stress you out but, it was so family oriented
Seasonal Engraver (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 27, 2018
Things Remembered is the store people go to when they wish to make sweet fond memories. I engraved the ring box man purposed with. However, the work conditions are not always great. You will stand at a counter for the majority of your shift if you are an engraver and bring a jacket it gets really cold. You will have incredibly petty customers in which to deal. You get no benefits if you do not work 40 hours a week ....you will not work 40 hours a week.On the other hand it can be very fun and the rest of the staff will have you nonstop laughing and the hours will fly by.
Pros
very funny bosses
Cons
to much or zero downtime
good company / a little confused
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeDecember 16, 2018
the company has a vision that they try to follow. typically direct management makes the effort to be involved. Payroll is non-existent, you WILL work alone for most all of your shifts. But the job is extremely easy if you have sales ability.
Pros
ok pay / easy job
Cons
no payroll / hard to fill open positions
Fast Pace Work Place
Seasonal Engraver (Current Employee) –  Ashland, KYDecember 12, 2018
Working as an engraver at Things Remembered was fun, fast pace, and sometimes stressful. The people there was great to work with, the manger works around your schedule if needed.
Pros
9$ an hour
Cons
Stressful
It's a good winter job
Engraver (Seasonal Associate) (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, IL 60462December 11, 2018
I'm currently working at Things Remembered. I am hired as a seasonal engraver. It's pretty chill. The only problem is that we aren't given many hours but it's understandable since the store is so tiny. There are only two engraver machines so there wouldn't be much sense in having more than two engravers on a shift. It would be better if the store had one more engraver machine so more engravers can have more hours but again the store is so tiny I haven't the clue where they would even put a third machine. The pay is decent for the hours I get. My manager did tell me I can come in and work in sales if I come in early. The managers are nice people. I would say it is a challenge to learn all the steps in engraving while also needing to work on customer's items. The learning process for this little position is "learn as you go" type of experience.
Pros
management is chill
Cons
not many hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 4, 2018
I learned a new skill on engraving the hardest part about the job was learning how to use the different engraving machines. I liked my old coworkers the atmosphere was very welcoming.
Pros
I like a challenge
Cons
No breakes
fun with ups an downs
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLDecember 2, 2018
Even though I ended with109% above goal my first year , single coverage is not what this company/store needed I could of increased my goal even more if I had more help. Love my customers hard to give them what they deserve on single coverage.Duties included Store Manager floor changes Engraving Selling and obviously customer service as well as dealing with time framed online orders to get engraved as well, all at same time.
Pros
fun and enjoyed making custormers happy
Cons
single coverage
One of the better seasonal mall jobs
Engraver (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MADecember 1, 2018
Worked here during the Christmas season pay was above minimum. Fast paced management expects you to know how to work an engraving machine as if you have been doing it for years in about 3-4 days but once you get it's not so bad. They are also very be the book when you first start out but once you've been there for a while they become like family.
Pros
Keeps you busy so time flies
Cons
Retail during Christmas season
Productive and interesting place to work.
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYNovember 29, 2018
I enjoyed my day to day tasks. Using machines to set up to personalize itmes such as jewelry, watches, flasks, glass etc was fun and interesting. Technology today is very surprising.
Great place to work. Super Satisfying.
Seasonal, Part-Time Engraver (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLNovember 24, 2018
Training wasn't bad at all, I got to learn a lot and felt accomplished almost every day when I left. I loved seeing peoples faces when they received their products and the process of engraving is actually very satisfying its self.
Pros
Learning and Experiencing a not so every day task
Cons
Holiday stress of the last minute shoppers, that think an hour is too long to wait for a custom engraving.
Enjoyed the customers, not to much the store's operation
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 16, 2018
Management was very challenging tasks that often left supervisors overworked with little aid due to the lack of trained employees on the job, however the overall customer experience was enjoyable. As an assistant manager I watched our store crumble in performance due to the lack of time and attention that would be put on employee who were trained in engraving. I really think that if the company focused on having a well organized and prepared training session with new employees, it would take pressure off of the store management so that they could focus on product sales and store operations