Things Remembered Employee Reviews

Found 999 reviews matching the search See all 1,028 reviews
worse place ever
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 18, 2018
this the worst place to work the manager was no manager all she did was complain and gave us no hours she kept them all to herself is why we could never meet our quotas
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Productive and fun workplace with excellent staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ‘Aiea, HIAugust 15, 2018
On-site training available. Helpful staff with flexible hours. Favorite part of the job was helping customers create personalized items. Holidays were busy, but it helped with customer service abilities.
Productive environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 14, 2018
Things Remembered is not only a comfortable work environment but also somewhere to show off your creative skills. You gain a lot of room for expression and creativity to go into your work!
Pros
Flexible scheduling, easy hours.
Cons
No breaks, no part time benefits
Very relaxed until Christmas
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNAugust 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at things remembered. The only thing that was bad was the pay. The job itself was pretty easy and enjoyable. I also enjoyed the family feeling between the co-workers since there was only 4 or 5 of us at a time.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Low pay
decent
Sales Associate/Engraver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 13, 2018
Had fun working there. was very easy but not sure if that is just for the location i worked at. up selling things was greatly encouraged but if the customer didnt bite you werent in trouble for not getting the extra sale.
SoSo
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 13, 2018
Assigned the responsibility of opening and closing the store, including counting cash, and opening and closing cash registers. Served customers with a sense of urgency. “Up-sold”. Maintained friendly and professional customer interactions.
Nice to doing something in the mean time!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 12, 2018
Looking for a full-time job out of college was difficult, but it was nice to have something keeping you busy while looking for your future job! The people are welcoming and management was understanding.
Pros
People were great and the manager was amazing
Cons
Not enough hours
Relaxed space
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2018
Good place for students. Flexible schedule, lots of standing but very slow when its not holiday. Customers can be good but most very annoying but I all depends on where your located. Staff you'll work with is the best.
Pros
Relaxed job
Cons
Short staff, pay, very slow
Standard Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHAugust 7, 2018
This is a pretty standard retail job. My store manager was awesome she cared very greatly for the employees. It was fun to learn how to engrave the products.
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
No raises
enjoyed it
engraver (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHAugust 7, 2018
i enjoyed working here. everyone was helpful. it was very fast paced keeps you busy during your whole shift. get to make pretty cool things. i would go back if a position was available.
Went through three mangers, empty promises, and stressful work environment
SALES LEAD (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 6, 2018
I worked there for a year. When I was trained, it was half-assed, I had to train myself. I went through three managers, ran the store by myself and one other co-worker, who mind you, didn't like the fact that she was being scheduled so much, for two months. Was promised the ASM (assistant store manager) position if had past the assignment. Passed it, but it took me three months to hear back from my DM about it. Was even told that if I didn't get the position that I would at least get a raise. But nothing happened. I find out that my current manager sat there and lied to my face about pushing for me to get that promotion. And then was getting paid the exact same amount (because Oregon put their min wage up to $12) as someone with no work experience.

I was forced to work open-closes because when someone would up and quit without giving notice those shifts were giving to me because my manager didn't know how to be a manager.

Working for Things Remembered was awful. I shouldn't feel dread, anxiety, or stress at my workplace. I understand that at most jobs, you'll have times of stress and stuff, but not ever shift. I shouldn't be made to feel guilty because I was finally putting my foot down about not overworking myself because I was only part-time. They refused to fulfill their promises, so I refused to their puppet.
Cons
A diffetent kind of retail
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 31, 2018
Things Remembered is a one stop personalization store. As a sales lead, assistant manager or store manager you will work by yourself 9 out of 12 months. So daily care of the store is soul your responsibility. Upper management is friendly and not only listens but eants to hear store members ideas. The company os trying to keep up with the times by streamlining online and in store purchasing. Their biggest problem is insisting on charging per word for engraving when most other personalization companies charge by the line or one lump price.
Pros
Friendly and fair upper managemeNt
Cons
Working alone, no breaks
Low Pay
retail sales (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 21, 2018
When I worked for Things Remembered, I was told by the managers there that I outsold all of them in my first month. I asked them if I could be paid commission instead of just minimum wage, and they refused.
workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 18, 2018
its very nice place to work and has nice coworkers also they selling alot of really nice items and the customers get to engrave there item the manager was very nice it was a seasonal job
Overall great place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHJuly 17, 2018
The only reason I'm no longer there is b/c I wasn't hired on. But as far as factory/warehouse jobs go, TR is pretty decent. In my opinion, the work is pretty simple; you get trained for about 2 weeks if you're an engraver/sewer and a week or so if you're a QCer. The cafeteria has AVI & offers a variety of food/snacks for break time. There are multiple set shifts, but even then they will usually accomodate you with what hours you need (at least in my experience). It can be pretty boring during the fall some days but business will really pick up about right after Thanksgiving. I also wouldn't get my hopes up about being hired in. They do keep a few people but there's no guarantee. Usually right after Christmas/New years is when seasonals are let go but they'll call you back for spring. If you're looking for an easy side job during the holidays or just a job in general, I highly reccommend applying here.
Pros
Employee discount, overtime opportunities, 3-4 days off a week
Cons
You don't know when you'll be let go ahead of time, don't know when exactly you'll be called back
Productive place to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 16, 2018
I loved making the customers happy. Having the customers tell me that I made their day, is truly one of the best feelings knowing that even though they are going to some tough times.
Worked off of commission
Seasonal, Retail (Former Employee) –  Fashion Square Mall and Florida MallJuly 15, 2018
Typical day at work would be helping customers find what they need, write out orders and keeping shelves stocked. I learned to organize by sku numbers and learned what each product included in the purchase. Manager was great gave us help but also gave space. The hardest part of the job was being on. your feet all day and the most enjoyable part was the discounts you got if you happened to like any of the stuff.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Limited Customers per Employee
Enjoyable
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Exton, PAJuly 8, 2018
Typical day is engraving, answering the phone, taking orders, placing orders, helping customers, cleaning as needed, helping my manager do the schedule. Love the work life working at Things Remembered. It is enjoyable and fun to work there.
Productive, fun work place
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 2, 2018
On a typical work day its very slow and we make our goal, I also learned to work better with customers and it helped me with my own goals that I had set for myself.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible schedule
Cons
Great during season, Slow during off season
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJune 30, 2018
Things Remembered is a wonderful company to work for especially around certain holidays. IE: Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc. I was able to work up to 40 hours per week when we were busy. The downfall came in the days between seasons when sales and hours were minimal.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Off season