Things Remembered Employee Reviews

Found 1,141 reviews matching the search See all 1,183 reviews
Not much room to grow in the company and the pay for sales associates is not worth the effort required for the job
Production Lead/Keyholder/Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIJune 25, 2019
The job itself is okay but the company is really tough on making goals and puts that mostly on sales associates who don't even get a bonus from making said goals. Recently payroll has also been getting cut back so right now there is mostly single coverage in stores and hours keep getting cut too. They have also have been decreasing the number of openings for assistant managers and managers so there is not much room for growth. Pretty much stuck making $10/hr and only working maybe 20 hrs a week.
Pros
Engraving is fun to learn
Cons
No breaks, Single coverage
Unrealistic expectations
Manager (Current Employee) –  USJune 24, 2019
Without the hours needed, it is hard to maintain the level of expectations for the customer and management. This company has gone through many challenges and is still going through many challenges after its bankruptcy. Management has set goals that are impossible to reach in the retail world these days and their expectations are to surpass last year's sales.
Very stressful
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIJune 21, 2019
I worked 15 weeks as manager in charge and did not receive any extra pay for doing manager job and my job which was assistant manager. This job interfered with my home life as well.
Can use some work
Seasonal Engraver/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJune 20, 2019
Working there was good for the most part. Manager she is understanding and can relate to everybody. Job was easy I am definitely more comfortable talking to customers thanks to her putting me on Sales, engraving wasn’t my thing and she fixed that problem. But the pay and the hours aren’t worth all the hard work. A lot of pressure on sales and the store always needs to be arranged. The company messes up online orders a lot and customers take it out on us. Company needs to take more responsibility and less pressure, a better pay!
Pros
Manager
Cons
Pay and company
Sucks the life out of you
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 20, 2019
As a store manager, I had no work life balance. I was constantly coming in on my one day off a week to cover shifts at the store. I couldn't rely on anyone. Associates probably have a better feel for the company as they were all mostly part time and straight out of high school, so it wasn't really a true job for them. Definitely wouldn't recommend going into management there.
Great Place to work at and Convenient
Aida Chu (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11234June 13, 2019
I first of all liked the fact that I only had to walk 4 blocks to the Mall. I learned and improved my Customer Service techniques. I really Shined at the job.
Terrible place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHJune 13, 2019
Dont waist your time! What is good for one person is not good for the other...This company has no consideration for a death in the family let alone 2 deaths- they give you bereavement time and then take it away which is absolutely ILLEGAL...and then fire you on the day of your mother's funeral....ABSOLUTELY IGNORANT
Pros
Cons
Terrible
Many things could change
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Dundee, ILJune 9, 2019
There are many things that could change within management, very high turnover rate. There could be more consistency within management and better training provided.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 8, 2019
Working here at Things Remembered is amazing. The work environment is also really great, I look forward to coming into to work. Work schedules are very flexible, especially with school schedules.
ok work places
Packer and Shipper (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OH 44451June 6, 2019
I liked things remember as a temporary job but they go thur to many workers and they have to many problems that happens as your working .. but it was and ok job for the time being ..
No Breaks, Single Coverage, Stressful Work Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Attleboro, MAJune 5, 2019
If you enjoy high stress, no breaks and working alone when it is busy then this is the job for you. Employees are expected to do everything by themselves as you will work single coverage most of the time. When you are expected to focus on all the sales aspects of the job it doesn't give you much time to get engraving done. Especially when you are to promise customers that their items will be engraved in an hour and a half. The company regularly violates Massachusetts break laws by not offering meal or bathroom breaks. You are expected to work through breaks whether you decide to or not. (It is illegal to not offer a 30 minute unpaid meal break for an 8 hour shift) You will be expected to stay until everything is engraved which during the holidays will be about 3 or 4 am. The management gossip and will gang up on you especially if they happen to be friends. There was a lot of backstabbing going on in management. Overall this was a horrible job and I would not recommend working for this company period!
Cons
No breaks, Working long hours on single coverage, Too much focus on sales metrics and not enough on pleasing customers
Single Coverage
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJune 5, 2019
You never get a lunch break,
You work 6-8 hours by yourself
You have to do everything by yourself.
It's a very stressful work environment
We get crazy sales goals that are very hard to reach
Nice coworkers & manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 4, 2019
My manager was really nice and super easy to get along with and so were my coworkers. I did have a mishap when I first started because I didn't read the schedule correctly. I ended up not coming in on one of my shifts that fell on the same day as my brothers birthday ( I thought I'd requested it off and didn't read the right line on the rota). Despite that happening, by the time I had to leave for England in January, I was told to reapply for a permanent position when I returned in April.
Pros
I wasn't fired for missing a day of work.
Cons
I had a mini-panic attack during one of my shifts the week leading up to Christmas.
Long hours and last minute schedules
Production Worker/trainer (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHJune 2, 2019
In the busiest time of the year they have you work 10hr shifts with no days off for about a month and a half straight, benefits are good if you get hired in but pay sucks in their off season.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Management.
Very fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 1, 2019
I loved working at things Remembered. It was a very fun and relaxed environment. Management was great and so was the pay. I would recommend this to my friends
Pros
Easy fun workplace
An ok job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJune 1, 2019
Working here was sometimes fun. I enjoyed engraving and making keys. Had to travel to numerous locations to get hours. Managers were mostly nice but some were very nasty. Overall a fun job but only for awhile.
Pros
Fun, coworkers, engraving
Cons
Had to travel to get hours
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILMay 31, 2019
It was a great first job to have. It taught me how to connect with customers and take the time to listen to their stories. I loved learning new ways to be creative.
Managers
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 27, 2019
The managers are what made going to work worth it. At least the assistant manager tried to make it worth it. The Store Manager seemed to care less about safety.
Most of my coworkers/mgrs were great to work with
Sales Consultant/ Engraver (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 23, 2019
Overall the job itself is very easy. Unfortunately corporate made working for the company a lot more complicated than should have been. They had us change the sales almost on a daily occurrence. During the store closing, they did not give us an actual date of when we were going to lose our jobs nor did they give us our checks for staying with them until the end that they had promised us.
Something i liked doing.
Engraver (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHMay 21, 2019
It was something i really enjoyed , it was fun i acutally loved it. It it was something new that i learned how to do! I learned alot off everything inwas taught there.
Pros
30 min Lunch breaks
Cons
12 hour of work