Things Remembered Employee Reviews

Found 1,136 reviews matching the search See all 1,178 reviews
Great Place to work at and Convenient
Aida Chu (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11234June 13, 2019
I first of all liked the fact that I only had to walk 4 blocks to the Mall. I learned and improved my Customer Service techniques. I really Shined at the job.
Terrible place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHJune 13, 2019
Dont waist your time! What is good for one person is not good for the other...This company has no consideration for a death in the family let alone 2 deaths- they give you bereavement time and then take it away which is absolutely ILLEGAL...and then fire you on the day of your mother's funeral....ABSOLUTELY IGNORANT
Pros
Cons
Terrible
Many things could change
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Dundee, ILJune 9, 2019
There are many things that could change within management, very high turnover rate. There could be more consistency within management and better training provided.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 8, 2019
Working here at Things Remembered is amazing. The work environment is also really great, I look forward to coming into to work. Work schedules are very flexible, especially with school schedules.
ok work places
Packer and Shipper (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OH 44451June 6, 2019
I liked things remember as a temporary job but they go thur to many workers and they have to many problems that happens as your working .. but it was and ok job for the time being ..
No Breaks, Single Coverage, Stressful Work Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Attleboro, MAJune 5, 2019
If you enjoy high stress, no breaks and working alone when it is busy then this is the job for you. Employees are expected to do everything by themselves as you will work single coverage most of the time. When you are expected to focus on all the sales aspects of the job it doesn't give you much time to get engraving done. Especially when you are to promise customers that their items will be engraved in an hour and a half. The company regularly violates Massachusetts break laws by not offering meal or bathroom breaks. You are expected to work through breaks whether you decide to or not. (It is illegal to not offer a 30 minute unpaid meal break for an 8 hour shift) You will be expected to stay until everything is engraved which during the holidays will be about 3 or 4 am. The management gossip and will gang up on you especially if they happen to be friends. There was a lot of backstabbing going on in management. Overall this was a horrible job and I would not recommend working for this company period!
Cons
No breaks, Working long hours on single coverage, Too much focus on sales metrics and not enough on pleasing customers
Single Coverage
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJune 5, 2019
You never get a lunch break,
You work 6-8 hours by yourself
You have to do everything by yourself.
It's a very stressful work environment
We get crazy sales goals that are very hard to reach
Nice coworkers & manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 4, 2019
My manager was really nice and super easy to get along with and so were my coworkers. I did have a mishap when I first started because I didn't read the schedule correctly. I ended up not coming in on one of my shifts that fell on the same day as my brothers birthday ( I thought I'd requested it off and didn't read the right line on the rota). Despite that happening, by the time I had to leave for England in January, I was told to reapply for a permanent position when I returned in April.
Pros
I wasn't fired for missing a day of work.
Cons
I had a mini-panic attack during one of my shifts the week leading up to Christmas.
Long hours and last minute schedules
Production Worker/trainer (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHJune 2, 2019
In the busiest time of the year they have you work 10hr shifts with no days off for about a month and a half straight, benefits are good if you get hired in but pay sucks in their off season.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Management.
Very fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 1, 2019
I loved working at things Remembered. It was a very fun and relaxed environment. Management was great and so was the pay. I would recommend this to my friends
Pros
Easy fun workplace
An ok job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJune 1, 2019
Working here was sometimes fun. I enjoyed engraving and making keys. Had to travel to numerous locations to get hours. Managers were mostly nice but some were very nasty. Overall a fun job but only for awhile.
Pros
Fun, coworkers, engraving
Cons
Had to travel to get hours
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILMay 31, 2019
It was a great first job to have. It taught me how to connect with customers and take the time to listen to their stories. I loved learning new ways to be creative.
Managers
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 27, 2019
The managers are what made going to work worth it. At least the assistant manager tried to make it worth it. The Store Manager seemed to care less about safety.
Most of my coworkers/mgrs were great to work with
Sales Consultant/ Engraver (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 23, 2019
Overall the job itself is very easy. Unfortunately corporate made working for the company a lot more complicated than should have been. They had us change the sales almost on a daily occurrence. During the store closing, they did not give us an actual date of when we were going to lose our jobs nor did they give us our checks for staying with them until the end that they had promised us.
Something i liked doing.
Engraver (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHMay 21, 2019
It was something i really enjoyed , it was fun i acutally loved it. It it was something new that i learned how to do! I learned alot off everything inwas taught there.
Pros
30 min Lunch breaks
Cons
12 hour of work
Poor/Unorganized Management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 21, 2019
Management was all over the place, over-worked and constantly stressed. I remember working 19 days in a row, many of those shifts over ten hours. I do not recommend this employer.
Fast paced with no incentives
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAMay 20, 2019
Working as a seasonal member was stressful, quick paced and difficult. Rude customers almost every day coming in to complain about engraving, lots of product thrown out because of misengraves and not enough incentives to try.
A normal retail job
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 19, 2019
Things remembered was your basic retail job, with the added twist that you also learned to operate an engraving machine. Retail hours, less than ideal schedule. Stores at often left with barebones staff.
Pros
Fun work
Cons
Catty mall worker cliques
Mobility
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethel Park, PAMay 15, 2019
Upper management is accessible and reasonable, flexible schedule allowed me to graduate college with little debt, and work towards a masters degree while maintaining a healthy work-life balance
seasonal job
Sales and inventory (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 14, 2019
This was a seasonal job only. It was not a job I would like to peruse in the future. I am being forced to tell you more about the job when I have nothing more to say.
Pros
was paid
Cons
moved on