Things Remembered Employee Reviews

Fast paced
(closed) - Engraver/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAMarch 15, 2018
At things remembered you work on keeping the store presentable and how to keep the engraving machine in a proper condition. When working with customers you either help them engrave items they had brought in themselves or with items found and bought within stores (upon times you may have to make multiple engravings or redo any mistakes).
Slow
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMarch 15, 2018
Gets pretty boring unless it's during a holiday. Not enough hours offered to part time workers, but definitely enjoyed the clientele. Other than that, not much to say about it
personalized experience
store manager (Former Employee) –  New YorkMarch 12, 2018
The best part of the job is being able to make every experience a personal one, whether it be with the customer or with coworkers. It is a very unique environment which does not compare to any other retailer out there. It was one of the most challenging jobs I ever had, but could be very rewarding.
Fun place but not for a career
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 9, 2018
This place very much has a corporate mentality. Corporate doesn't care whats best for the employees or the customers only of themselves. They push so hard for sales that it takes the fun and all the reward out of the job.
best part are the customers
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LouisianaMarch 9, 2018
When interacting with customers and helping them find the perfect gift with the perfect engraved personal message, I feel like i get paid to shop with friends.
Pros
more benefits management and up
Cons
part- time hours are average less than 10 hours a week in most stores
Not the best but it will give you experience
Seasonal Engraver (Former Employee) –  WilmingtonMarch 8, 2018
Little training given with the engraver equipment then given a five hour shift and not being told til shift was supposed to start. Left alone twice when I was supposed to train. Had a family member experience a medical emergency and they were told ahead of time but was not taken seriously and was given another five hour shift that again was not told and was texted about my whereabouts. Granted it was during holiday season but was never busy to the point that I was really needed as I wasn't finished my training.
Cons
Unorganized, Weird hours
Fun Place to work but...
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 8, 2018
I love working here, I just would like better pay and more hours. I get 20 or less per week, or when major holidays come around at least 40. (Christmas is very crazy and sometimes stressful.)
Pros
40% Discount, Fun people to work with, flexible scheduling.
Cons
Pay, Hours
Friendly environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHMarch 7, 2018
It is a typical Retailer that every day is different.
Work place is very friendly and collaborative. It is a very small headquarters with less than 200 employees so we all have to help each other.
Due to it being a small company, the movement up is very limited.
Product categories and how we do product development is very fun and innovative, and very different than other retailers. The pro from being in a small company, you get to learn every aspect of the job and other functions too, so it does make you a well rounded merchant. The con is also from being a small company, you do not get the support staff typically in a larger company.
Every company has their own pluses and minuses. TR Management tried to do the best they can to ensure success for the whole team.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Limited promotion opportunities
Never a dull moment
Training Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 6, 2018
Being in a fast paced, detail oriented environment leads to a work day that is ever changing. Working with customers to create a lasting memory for loved ones and colleagues can be a lot of fun and rewarding since the engraving is done by you and your staff. The peak periods are hard sometimes - Christmas as well as spring from Mother's Day through graduation completion. Payroll is fairly tight and there are some unreasonable expectations put on the staff during peak. It is a hard job requiring multitasking at all times but can be very rewarding as you build relationships with customers.
Pros
Customer experience, engraving
Cons
long hours, low wages, tough peak schedule
Fast past and very competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 3, 2018
Real 1 on 1 with your shoppers and great customer service. You really have to get to know your customer and what there occasion is and what help them find what there looking for and suggest things you think would Ben better. Give them your opinion and personal touch.
Pros
Discount and manager actually notices your hard work
Cons
Fast, busy
Over all this is a great job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victor, NYMarch 2, 2018
I clock in and start engraving customers orders, Then I start to greet everyone that comes in the store let them know about our sales going on. Then I look to see if we have any online orders and print them out, confirm that we have the stock, Then I engrave there order and then when I am done I give them a call or text that there item is all set to be picked up. I help out customers to figure out what that they want to get engrave on there items. I also, cash customers out and help them fill out a work order with all there information that we need from them.
Pros
You can work at your own paces.
Cons
They are cutting everyone's hours.
great place to be crative with your work. must be multi tasker and able to do everthing.
Regional Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  NCFebruary 26, 2018
Payroll was the biggest struggle at TR. The store manager does most everything. It wouldn't be such a hard company to work for if they invested more in their people.
Pros
creative and fun
Cons
single coverage all the time and a lack of breaks.
Not Recommended
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  NVFebruary 26, 2018
Poor upper management with little to no training.
Poor people management skills with little to no direction from District Manager and Trainer.
Expected to maintain 10 different binders while still meeting payroll hours of less than 90 hours a week for a team of 4 people.
Cons
Upper management, allowable hours, customers
Horrible upper level management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 26, 2018
This was a good first job and I loved the people I worked with. However, the district manager and other upper level management was so disrespectful and unhelpful towards employees who were “below” them. If you want to advance in this workplace, yeah right.
Cons
No breaks, working alone almost always
Fun creative job , learn from it !
Engraver (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHFebruary 24, 2018
I enjoyed working there . Their was a lot of nice people I got along with , I was learning how to do new things and experiencing new things as well it was a success experience!
Pros
Got a lunch card
Cons
Short breaks
unique place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington StateFebruary 24, 2018
Enjoyable place to work if you can handle multitasking and are self motivated. Little to no contact and support with anyone outside the store you are in depending on your location.
Pros
each customer experience unique
Cons
working alone, lack of recognition
Mediocre
Engraver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 21, 2018
If you can work somewhere else, do so. You have to be a perfectionist to work here. Customers depend on it, and they pay for it. It's also kinda stressful.
Overall A Great Experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDFebruary 20, 2018
Working at TR is not like working anywhere else. Engraving is fun and creative and the customers were some of the best I've had. The staff felt more like a family and we always had each other's backs. I definitely learned how to adapt to any situation and developed stronger problem solving skills. Some days i had to work long hours, but we the team always checked in on each other and we each put in effort to make sure it was balanced.
Not your typical retail job
Co-Manager/MIT (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 19, 2018
Lots of customer interaction where you get to talk to them and hear life stories and about what brings them into the store. Good creative outlet in the engraving portion of the job. Low hours save for manager, decent salary but no room for upward mobility. Coorporate level often expects too much of the stores/management.
Pros
Creative outlet, customer interaction
Cons
Poor management
Poor management no home life balance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 19, 2018
Very little training, management only cares about what they want to work so be prepared to work every weekend. They don't care about any time off needs you have and they can not keep assistant managers because they are horribly taken advantage of. You work on your own most times and it doesn't matter if it's busy or not you have to do it all on your own.no lunch breaks , not allowed to have your phone.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Too many to list.