Think Mutual Bank Employee Reviews

Strong commitment to its mission but immature leadership
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 20, 2018
Many of the executives have spent their whole professional careers at the bank. This lack of outside experience has tinged the culture with an insider/outsider mentality and this factors heavily when weighing the validity of opinions in meetings. Insiders know the bank and are treated favorably. Outsiders need to adapt to the culture and internalize it before they can be seen as having valid opinions.

Avoid working for the VP of financial planning. The department suffers from a fear of speaking up. The bully pulpit is the primary means of motivation within that department.

There is an overall sense of smugness within the organization that stems from being affiliated with IBM. The bank is a medium sized fish that thinks it is a large fish in the small pond of Rochester, MN.
Pros
Better than average pay for a bank; no commission or sales targets
Cons
Insular and immature leadership culture
Loved working here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 16, 2018
I never once woke up and dreaded going to work. They give you the tools to learn your position well as well as advance into other positions. They are not pushing to customers or cut throat at all. The culture of the company is responsible for it's growth, not hard core sales.
Career advancements are scarce.
Mortgage Closer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNNovember 14, 2017
If you are not "in" with the upper management, you will not go far. It is a fun environment, for the most part; but fun can only last so long until you need to think of your family and your future.
Pick your battles
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 17, 2017
If I had filled this review out 6 months ago I would have a very different answer. I was very disgruntled, but that has changed. Some locations and managers are great, some are terrible. There seems to be very few that are average. At times it can be kind of cliquey, but usually, most of the co-workers are nice and friendly. Management at least listens to your concerns, even if they are not able to change anything. Most customers are also easy to get along with, and management speaks to escalated customers promptly. There is a lot to remember, which is probably the hardest thing. Training takes a long time. The most enjoyable part is probably the company get together's and meetings, but they happen rarely. Day-to-day the customers are a pretty nice benefit, too.
Pros
not competitive, friendly, laid back dress code
Cons
disorganized, high turnover rate, little room for advancement
Great Place to work for people looking for developing on the job.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNAugust 22, 2016
Think Bank has an amazing work culture. Management does their best to invest their time and energy into developing their employees into more capable team players.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Benefits package can be expensive
Think Mutual Bank
Customer Service -Phone Center/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 8, 2016
Loved working for Think Mutual Bank. I would have never left had we not moved so far away. Great place to work. I worked in the bank and the phone center and both were great work environments
Unique culture and great people
Helpdesk Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day at work for me would involve taking support calls for the majority of the morning, then spending the afternoon working the more difficult tickets that had come in or assisting with project work or things like machine builds.

The variety in activity day to day was what I enjoyed about the job, the fact that I did not always know exactly what to expect when I got there in the morning.

I was able to work both in a team and on my own at different times, and also was a key component in planning and deploying several projects.
Pros
Varied work environment, competitive pay and benefits.
Cons
Highly bureaucratic management, little opportunity for internal advancement.
Ok
Technology Systems Manager/Director (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 19, 2014
The most enjoyable part of working at Think is when people are given the latitude to be creative.
Core Values
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 11, 2013
Model of care for our customers is excellent here. Employee retention is important to management. Team work is highly successful here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Think Mutual Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight