THINK Together Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Different Site-to-site
Program Leader/Tutoring (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 10, 2018
THINK Together tutoring program was very well organized, though it did occasionally send you to multiple schools with only 10 minutes between sessions. The after-school program, however, differed from site-to-site. Some sites were helpful, well-organized, and caring, whereas others were more like daycares, or had clique-ish staff who refuse to offer assistance or information to newcomers. The best schools were ones focused on the mission of helping the students by working with their teachers to enrich their curriculum, and adapting to the child's learning methods, as well as giving them the tools to learn; not all sites believed in this to the same extent, however, and some insisted on all curricula being taught in an exacting method, and those who fall behind just being moved on midway-through.
Still making their mark
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 4, 2018
Working for a non profit can be tough! but this place was a real stpe in the right direction for those who want to go itnto education and want to see what its like. Helpful tips, though not much prep time.
Amazing.
leadership (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJuly 23, 2018
Great job. Wish I would of been able to stay but personal issues arose and I had to leave. Kids were great and I was able to attend school full time while working for this company.
Fun environment, room for advancement,
Lead Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 22, 2018
Loved working for THINK together. You’re able to manage your classroom with guidelines as well as adding your own input to lesson plans. Build relationships with coworkers as well as students. Leave a lasting impression on students. You get to see students grow as individuals.
Pros
Fun, high energy, loving environment
Cons
Not many hours as program leaders
Good entry level
PROGRAM LEADER-Salary (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 18, 2018
Good to get your feet back into the workforce. Hard days if you aren't use to working with kids. Build a good relationship with your supervisor or lead its important
Best for kids who just got out of high school
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 2, 2018
This job was stressful. You have 25-30 kids to yourself and then there are lesson plans that you need to go by and sometimes you need to think quick on how to teach the kids the lesson plan that was provided. Managers were okay but you need to at least work 3 days or they won't provide work.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
stressful and chaotic
What can I say I love think together
Lead program leader/ site coordinator interim (Current Employee) –  Adelanto, CAJune 26, 2018
What can I say I love think together but I just recieved word that my district is not renewing our contract so there are alot of us are out of a job. I am trying to stay with the company.
Pros
you can advance with the company
Cons
there is no job security
Fun place to work with children
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CA 92553June 12, 2018
A day at Think Together comes with a lot of responsibility. I was a Program Leader having to care for twenty-five children. It was not easy but not difficult as long as I was being attentive to every child and giving them the help they needed everything was fine. What I learned here is that working as a team is what gets the program ahead. The Think Together program at May Ranch Elementary was very united and I enjoyed working with them very much. The hardest part of the job was when all one hundred children were together and me and the team had to keep out a look out for them when there was a group of kids needing to go to the bathroom and a child had just thrown up, while one of us needs to clean it and the other needs to get things organized for the rest of the children. That is just an example of how hectic things could get there but we always managed to get things done. I enjoyed teaching kids things they did not know and helping them with their struggles. Kids are great and I enjoyed every single moment with them.
Pros
Working as a team and mini celebrations
Cons
No breaks
Only Work Here If You LOVE Kids
Substitute Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJune 8, 2018
I'll admit I took this job despite not being fond of kids, a big mistake in my part. I believe kids can see the cracks in your armor and take full advantage of them. It doesn't help that THINK Together has very strict conduct policies, which constantly put me on edge since children by nature can't adhere to them, and all failure to uphold these policies are completely on the employee's shoulders. Work here only if you have nerves of steel.
Okay Workplace
Substitute Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 3, 2018
It's a great place to begin work although as a sub you go to different schools and don't really have a set place. Patience really is a must. You're surrounded by kids so be fun. Hardest part is getting the the kids to pay attention.
Pros
pay, benefits, no work when no school
Cons
standing, 5 work days in a row, policies strict
interacting with kids
Frontline program leader (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CA 92553May 31, 2018
a typical day at work involves the children < they are really what makes the program . we as program leaders lead it but the kids really take charge its great.
productive and fun work enviroment
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAMay 30, 2018
I some what enjoyed working for THINK Together. Students were very disruptive a lot of the times and I got very little support and training from the first site coordinator I worked with. Q. A. C. went about discussing students bad behavior the wrong way and a result of that I resigned due to mental health reasons and was told I was able to re apply and have not been able to start working again with for THINK Together as of now due to no call back.
Pros
interacting and helping students
Cons
no job advancement
employment
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 28, 2018
shine light on your employees get to know who they are and their background. pay them equally and what they are worth. give reasons not excuses. employees make this organization.
As a Site Coordinator
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 23, 2018
Overall, this company is badly managed at the QAC and Frontline level. The experience that I had coming in as a none internal candidate to a supervisory position was horrible. I was given two days of training before they put me in a position to take control of a group of 4 brand new staff members and 90 students. When I would reach out for support I was met with criticism instead of guidance, especially from a company that is huge on staff support and socio-emotional learning. After four months of being in the position I resigned as I did not see any more support coming in and I was burnt out.
Pros
Great people as your peers.
Cons
Management.
fun to work at
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Bellflower, CAMay 14, 2018
Working with kids is fun but stressful, worth the experience of helping students succeed academically as we help them improve their skills with the academic games we provide them with.
Job is okay
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 9, 2018
I got this job through school, so I thought it would be perfect while I was still in school. However, the leaders at my location were not the best with trying to help teach the children. And some of the replacements did not even care about tutoring, they were pretty much on their phone 24/7.
Good work environment
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 8, 2018
Think Together was a good place to learn about guiding children in a classroom environment. The team was supportive, and training was enjoyable. Time spent at Think Together help me with my skills as a teacher.
Pros
lots of school environment interaction
Cons
no lesson plan or guidelines in teaching
Great Work Environment
Student Leader (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAMay 2, 2018
It was a great place to work. My manager was amazing, I got along with all of my co workers very well. It helped my social and problem solving skills.
Benefits
Cons
Few hours
fun and exciting
Whittier - Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 27, 2018
THINK TOGETHER was a good experience for me. I helped tutor many kids and supervised them. The kids were amazing and such a pleasure to work with . I got along very well with the other PRs . Everyday was a new experience.
undisgruntled employee
Youth Program Leader (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CAApril 26, 2018
Think together provided and fostered an environment for students that developed positive relationships, fun and academic achievement. However, the management was not as enthusiastic and it made it difficult to provide top service for the students. Overall, I enjoyed being a program leader but would have desired more support from the management.
Pros
n/a
Cons
wages, hours, management