ThirdChannel Employee Reviews

Startup Co w/ bugs in system.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAMay 17, 2019
Several missteps and poor communication. They required training before starting - passing test at 90%. Onboarding training 2 hrs plus and new hire paperwork 1 hr.

UNPAID TRAINING!

Only 3 or 4 hrs per week.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor communications
Great part time job while in school
Retail Intelligence Agent for New Balance (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 22, 2019
I am still in school so I didn't have too much time on my hands when looking for a part time job. This job is very open about scheduling and I get to choose when I want to work and everything is remote. The management is very nice, understanding, and helpful whenever I have problems arise.
Pros
Gas paid in part
Cons
No real advancement opportunities
Good college job, but thats it.
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 18, 2019
I've been working for them for about a year. At first blackout dates were minimal and I was basically given free rein over my schedule, now there is constant scheduling constraints popping up (only have job available on during a single week, no ability to work on weekends)
Not only that, the program mangers and support staff are rotating almost without any notification which leave the rest of us in the dark. The management is remote so its not a big deal.
It pays okay but don't expect to make a living off this job
Pros
"Make your schedule", paid mileage, remote management
Cons
not alot of training, blackout dates
great productivity on a daily basis
Field Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 3, 2019
Traveled to different locations on a daily basis, promoting and raising brand awareness on products and services, merchandising, daily reporting from each location @ 4 to 5 Locations per day.
Pros
Great Money and incentives
Cons
To much travel and not reimbursed
productive
Marketing & Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 27, 2018
Each day was filled with excitement and different. I enjoyed my time with the company and recommend anyone to work here to get introduction to media world.
time consuming, company is fake
Philadelphia Regional Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2018
don't work for this company. you are running around all week and they demand way more than they put out. management is all over the place. they would much rather avoid talking to employees if possible
schedule flexibility
Retail Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXNovember 10, 2018
ThirdChannel Brand Ambassadors get to pretty much make their own schedule as well as get work annual tax breaks due to position being a 1099 job. All work is done online remotely as ThirdChannel Corporate Office is in Boston, MA.
Pros
tax breaks
Cons
not much weekly hours
Great place to work, management needs improvement
Talent Acquisition Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 14, 2018
ThirdChannel offered an amazing ability to work directly with very high profile brands in an amazing work environment. The company restructured and as a result, there was a rapid decline in transparency, and the recruitment team management.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Poor management
Stay away if you don't want to waste time and money
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 26, 2018
Worst company I have ever dealt with. From the start to the end a complete disaster. The "managers" are unorganized and make promises that later turn out not to be true. The whole organization is chaotic. If you talk to someone be sure the next person will tell you something completely different. You never know where you stand. You get offered a certain salary that they will lower suddenly and if you dare to ask questions they get rude and upset. It's sad that no one seems to have a clue what they are doing. No integrity at all.
Pros
Zero
Cons
As explained above
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 19, 2018
This company doesnt really care about their employees. Only making sales matters. You are only a vehicle in doing so. You are easily replaced no matter how much you've put your heart into it.
There is no security.
And if thats not enough the competition will get you and leave you feeling hopeless and helpless.
The bigger this company grows, the bigger their heads in corporate grow.
Fun work environment
Vega Product Representative (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 18, 2018
I enjoyed this job because it's in line with my healthy lifestyle. It's nice when you can rep a product that you use and actually care about.

Pays decent for the title.
Good part time job, quick work, extra money
Market Research and Reporter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2018
Collaborative team, create your schedule, fair pay.
A large territory will require a lot of driving time. You will get driving comp.
You conduct market research, train associates, interact with consumers and managers, take photos and create reports using data gathered.
Pros
Flexible schedule, nice team and managers
Cons
Will add stores to an already large territory without notice. Lots of driving
Schedule Flexibility
Retail Intelligence Agent (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 11, 2017
ThirdChannel allows its employees to schedule work whenever they please as long as you complete all store visits required in the month and they day you plan to complete them. Supervisors are also very helpful and usually on-call during your work day.
Encouring and Productive
Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  New York State; New JerseyOctober 8, 2017
A great opportunity to interact with many store associates and customers. Helps one excel in public speaking and increase comfort in selling products.
Productive and fun work environment
Retail Intelligence Agent (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXAugust 19, 2017
A typical day at work included engaging and educating customers in formal demos about products while providing sales support to associates.

The management was very helpful, they were spread out across the nation so we communicated through web calls and texts.

Workplace culture was relaxed and enjoyable. Sonos speakers sells themselves, so you're basically the store's DJ
Pros
Paid Travel, Discounts, Business Cards
Cons
Cheap Prizes for winning sales contest
Easy and Flexible with personal life
Marketing Agent (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 6, 2017
The job was really fun and worked well with my life. The managers are easy going. The training was helpful and conveniently online. The customers were pleasant during the store visits.
Great pay, flexible schedule
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 14, 2017
As a college student, I loved being a brand ambassador for ThirdChannel. I was able to pick my schedule and make some extra money. The pay was good and the people in charge were informative and helpful.
Pros
Pay, Flexible
Cons
Not job security
Great for students
Oakley Retail Intelligence Agent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 2, 2017
Worked for ThirdChannel while complete school after the military and the company is super laid back. Made my own schedule visiting store and doing inventory for Oakley. Lots of driving so better to have a car that gets good MPGs.
Pros
flexible schedule, not too many working hours
Cons
not much room for advancement
Overall promises are lies
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 26, 2017
Discounts don't exist. They say its a "make your own schedule" but then continue to add "black out dates" on the calendar or change things at the last minute. They do not mention anything about "social hangs" but they're supposed to be mandatory and yet they don't get mentioned until short notice. They do not take out taxes from the pay. Started out with a good discount which was promptly taken away from everyone.
Pros
pay
Cons
pretty much everything!
Productive, fun and great learning experience.
DISTRICT/TERRITORY STAFF (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 7, 2017
Typical day of work was great. Learned a lot about consumer interaction. Management was great and helped me understand. My co-workers were amazing. really learned a lot about sales and retail intelligence. Very flexible and attentive to your needs.
Pros
productive and fun
Cons
Standing for long periods of time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ThirdChannel. Our community is ready to answer.