ThirdLove Employee Reviews

alright
Fit Stylist (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAAugust 15, 2019
I worked here for more than 8 months and people who got trained after me and had lower scores than me were getting uptrained and getting raises. The management here sucks and we don’t receive half the things the SF office does. Management doesn’t do anything by the book and try’s to play themselves and their employees.
Not what it used to be.
Customer Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 26, 2019
When I started at ThirdLove, I loved my job. I worked with all of my friends, I was able to work at my own pace, we got Christmas Eve and Christmas day off, free snacks, and morale was probably the highest I've ever seen in a workplace. (Not a very high bar, but, you know.)

Granted, there were issues. Upper management purposefully kept themselves as far removed as possible, hours weren't great, the customers are mostly middle-aged, ultra-entitled white women, and there is a company culture of "positivity" that comes off as disingenuous and saccharine.

When ThirdLove decided to change software, and the goal of management moved from "making sure things are running smoothly," to "meticulously micromanage our underappreciated and overworked staff, while remaining unbelievably vague about what it is we even do and avoiding eye contact with lessers."

People starting quitting left and right, and there is a very high amount of stress in the office, coupled with a thick air of resentment. Morale is incredibly low and instead of making policy changes, management chose a few of the least outspoken people in the office to hold a Q&A, but did not actually change anything.

Managers absolutely will not help you with anything you request from them unless you are their friend. Your numbers can be through the roof but unless you spend your days brown-nosing and faking over-the-top enthusiasm, you will go nowhere, and get nothing.

Recently, ThirdLove stopped promoting internally as well. Their reasoning? No one in the office is qualified. Qualified for what, exactly? No one seems
  more... to know. I don't understand how we're supposed to maintain morale when any opportunity we have is stripped from us and no positive changes are made.

To add fuel to fire, many Fit Stylists were voicing their concerns to our Support Specialists (who are not technically management and are twice as overworked, but still above us) when management suddenly decided that they didn't want to look like "villains" and Support Specialists look like "heroes," and barred them from submitting feedback on our behalf. So now, we literally have no way of voicing concern without fearing backlash and retaliation from management, which is a very real thing in the office at ThirdLove. (Recently an email was sent out, essentially blaming Fit Stylists for our own unhappiness, due to "gossiping.")

Every day, people are crying at their desks or in the bathroom and many times, management is callous or indifferent. There is a huge backlog of customers awaiting reply and we are expected to sit and let them rip us apart for $14.00 an hour. And if the customer asks for a manager? The manager will throw you under the bus completely, to make their entitled customers happy at any expense.

ThirdLove will cut out it's own heart for it's customers, but will not move a muscle for any of it's "lower" employees. I guess because there are more Fit Stylists than anyone else in the company, we are less deserving than anyone else, right? We have to work holidays, we get paid less, we have 0 flexibility in our schedules, we are beaten like a dead horse over our "statuses," we get write-ups for using the restroom too much, we are WAY understaffed, we have to let the customers berate us, and we are expected to smile about it all.

I am considered a "tenured" agent, and I am trained on multiple channels of support, my efficiency is very high, and I am treated with the same disrespect as a new hire who can't tell up from down. Even if I wanted to advance out of my position, I couldn't. If ThirdLove had any care for it's Fit Stylists, it wouldn't throw all of us under the same blanket and beat us all with the same stick.

Almost everyone who works here has depression, anxiety, or both. Coincidental? Try being bullied nonstop by middle-aged women for 40 hours a week and get back to me. ThirdLove has absolutely no standard for how it's employees can be treated by customers, and it shows.

In summation, ThirdLove is a great job if you value free bagels over your mental health and well-being.
Stressful, ticket crunchers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chico, CaJune 19, 2019
The pay between a Fit Stylist and a manager is unbelievably extreme. Overworked, understaffed. Miscommunication with changes policies. No room for advancement.
Pros
Free bagels and cream cheese
Cons
Consistency within Leadership.
Demand too much
Employee (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 5, 2019
They demand such unrealistic “goals” from their employees that it is a stressful environment. People end up snapping at others just because they are so stressed.
Pros
Free food, free products
Cons
Couple unpleasant people in Managment
Not what they claim to be.
Fit Stylist (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMay 23, 2019
I have worked at ThirdLove for around 8 months now. I'm going to be completely honest, its not what I was expecting it to be. The training is stressful, we were told that if we cant pass the mocks they will fire us. The trainers are cool and fun but the training was not enough for some people. In nesting we were forced to create linked in profiles and to rate the company. Being new most people gave ThirdLove a positive review because they didn't have bad experiences yet. The job itself is pretty easy, you talk to customers via live support, phone, chat, text and email. THE PAY IS HORRIBLE. 14hr is not enough to live on in California let alone Chico. They don't give raises unless you are trained on multiple lines of support (which even after 8 months we are still waiting). When you try to apply for other positions, even if your stats are good it is based on who you are friends with not experience or stats. The new system is the most stressful thing they could have put us through. No one knows what going on with the new system and we had like 2 hrs of training before being thrown on. They also recently changed the dress code. ThirdLove is supposed to be a positive company but we arent allowed to wear certain items
and I quote "becasuse we have men working here now" which is ridiculous and against everything we promote as a company. The only good thing is free stuff, food and allotment. Most of the stylists are cool but have the same issues as I have as well.
Pros
free food and bras
Cons
not much room for advancement, pay is horrible
You can love your job, while not loving all of it.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 18, 2019
I have been working at ThirdLove for awhile now. The office has seen many ups, and downs, but we are sticking through it, and progressing as a team. There are the obvious positives to this company, as many people have listed them. Everyone is kind for the most part, there are snacks always stocked, a generous 50% employee discount, a quarterly allotment of a free bra and underwear. This job is a lot of work, a lot of active research and really connecting with customers, and a lot of remembering and constantly keeping up to date in a quickly and ever changing environment. I love my job, and I adore my coworkers.

Free snacks and a slide no one uses, does not make up for where pay could be improved. First, there should be two to three 15 minute breaks. You are really asking your employees to sit at their desks, a whole 8 hours, and only get up twice, a combined 20 minutes, which is enough time to use the rest room and be back to your desk, and that is it. There are "plenty" opportunities of advancement, but you will generally only advance if you're close with the right people. While the Chico office and San Francisco office both have different purposes, the Chico office is definitely not treated as fairly as deserved in comparison. Tell me why your San Francisco team gets 9 days of CAPSL, and your customer experience team should feel "lucky" to get the minimum 3 days? ThirdLove would be nothing but a basic bra company without their team of "Fit Stylist" constantly available, and being overworked and pushed to their limits. You can love your job, while also agreeing your being
  more... under-compensated for the work/effort you put in, and your team is highly understaffed. Just because the Chico team is in a poorer region compared to the San Francisco team does not mean we don't deserve the same privileges they get. We are not ungrateful for wanting to feel as appreciated as the rest of the company, and treated the same. We all work for the same company, yet it is obvious the Chico team is seen as less.

They also decided to put in a dress code in the Chico office. We do not interact with customers face-to-face ever. There is no reason that an employee should not be allowed to wear sweat pants when they come into work at 4:50AM and are expected to only leave their desk on their 30 min/two 10 min breaks. And now we can't wear spaghetti straps, shirts that "show your mid", a plunging shirt, distressed jeans. Are you kidding me, did I get sent back to my high school? Apparently not, because at least in high school your shorts were allowed to at least go to your finger tips. Not here at ThirdLove! Blistering Californian heat? Better show up in your 'Bermuda' shorts. But don't worry, if you're a favorite, or on the thinner side, you probably wont get talked to!

Lastly, the San Francisco office is required to compost and recycle, and these are not even options at the Chico office. There is no recycling available at all, we have reusable plates/bowls/cups yet they continue to purchase paper dishes, and while I understand the silverware started going missing, they are going through a saddening amount of plastic silverware daily. The planet as we know it is in distress. You would think a company like ThirdLove whom presents themselves as such a step-forward company, would care a bit more about the environment. It would be to your benefits to care about these things a bit more. Apparently it only matters in San Francisco, where its trendy.

Yes, the company has a great message, the office has fun dress up days and we occasionally get "gifts and prizes." This does not make up for lack of staff, the lack of pay coming from being so understaffed and overworked, environmental struggles, and the comparisons between the San Francisco team CAPSL and Chicos. The CAPSL difference is honestly slimy of you as a company, a shame.
Pros
Allotment, Free Snacks, Employee Discount
Cons
Short breaks, Understaffed, Very cold, Dress Code, Unfair CAPSL Comparison
Great place to work. Management plays favorites.
Fit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 3, 2019
I enjoyed the short time I worked at Thridlove. I recognize me being let go was entirely to my fault and not the company’s. The people were nice, with the exception of the woman in charge of HR. She’s sorely lacks soft skills and often come across as rude and condescending. She will resort to trying to dispel concerns or questions with dead statements that aren’t necessary to say. This just seems to be in the effort to dispel you it seems.
Pros
Good benefits, and pay.
Cons
Short breaks.
Fast paced
Customer Experience Associate (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 31, 2019
This job is good for fast pace workers, however, I do think that they audit way too hard. The trainers don't really teach you jack besides what apps you'll be working on and the styles of bras. I wish the hours were more flexible, I feel like my whole life is dedicated to this job and finally, when it's my weekend I feel like I constantly dread going back because who wants to work at 4:50 am or until 10 pm. I constantly felt like I was bugging everyone around me asking questions due to the poor training. Also, I feel like we should be getting paid more due to all the active research we have to do as well as following all these policies and all the push back from customers. Step up your game ThirdLove you promised a good work environment.
Cons
short breaks
Fun Place to Work
Fit Stylist (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 28, 2019
Overall I enjoy my job. Everyone is friendly and ready help when needed. It's a bit daunting when you first start out because there's so much to learn, but once you get it down it's quite simple. If you ever have a question about how to handle something, someone is always ready to help.

You are pretty much glued to your desk all day long with three screens in front of you, which can be a bit tiring. If you have to leave your dest during unscheduled breaks or go to the bathroom you have to post it in the internal chat room. You a feel a bit micro-managed at times.

The office support staff do a great job holding fun giveaways, contests and celebrating holidays in the office. They make it fun to come to work.

My biggest con of this job would have to be the pay and cost of benefits. The benefits are great if you're single or just need coverage for yourself. However, it's extremely costly once you add a spouse / dependents.

Overall I enjoy my job and the people I work with and would probably recommend it to people in college looking for a part time job or those just out of college looking for experience.
Pros
people are nice, fun atmosphere to work in, free snacks, frequent giveaways
Cons
short breaks, costly health coverage if adding any dependents, frequent seat changes
Great workplace with lots of supportive teammates
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 28, 2019
I've been at ThirdLove for over a year now and see no end in sight! I would recommend ThirdLove as a fantastic workplace! Everyone who works here is extremely positive and uplifting.
Pros
Great snacks, peers, and office
Cons
Schedules, pay comparable to similar jobs in the area
Love this place
Fit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 28, 2019
ThirdLove has changed the way I view what I want or need to thrive in a job. I didn't know that a company would listen, care, and change based on the employees feedback. If you do your job well, you do get rewarded for it and if you don't then you receive plenty of opportunities to grow and learn how to do better.

The customers can be a bit much sometimes, but not any better or worse than other service industries. 9/10 of my customers are amazing and not stressful at all, and they make me happy about the work that I do.
Pros
Free coffee, snacks, and sometimes lunch, amazing benefits, discounts
Cons
No vlear path for advancement if you don't have experience before working here
Great place to work if you trying to get some sales experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 25, 2019
Great place
I had a great time working there as the first male fit stylist.
The managers were nice and easy to get along with.
Everyone was kind and did there own thing.
Pros
Free food and good pay
Cons
If you dont pass the training course you will probably hate ThirdLove.
I never thought going into work would be this easy
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 25, 2019
ThirdLove is a great place to work. There is nothing better than feeling supported by the people you work with day in and day out. I love being part of a company that does their best to empower every woman in so many ways.
Wonderful workplace!
Fit Stylist (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 24, 2019
This is a great place to work, people are so supportive here. You will always be helped if you need it. Very fast paced but also very fun work. I've learned so much about bras that I didn't know before and that will something I will always carry with me. We get a really good discount and a fully stocked kitchen!
Pros
Free Food, Discounts
It's more than just a job..
Fit Stylist (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 24, 2019
Being a Fit Stylist at ThirdLove presents many challenges at first but once you settle in and get your workflow down the work itself is quite enjoyable and rewarding. There are many policies and procedures to memorize and the workload can be stressful at times. Still, the company culture makes me feel like my work is valued and I am part of something more. Being a part of ThirdLove has inspired me in many ways and has made me excited to advance with the company. The desk area is very nice, the office space feels warm and energetic and its always very clean. The kitchen has free snacks and coffee/tea available for all employees as well. I wish they had a work from home remote option available. You could do this job from home as long as you have access to your Google account and a nice desk set up.
Good company
Fit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 23, 2019
Overall I’ve enjoyed working here and will continue to recommend ThirdLove to my friends for the pay, secured hours, and perks around the office. The company’s values are great and I feel like I’ve learned a lot in my role. There is a fully stocked kitchen, rewards for maintaining good scores, and occasional fun work activities. Most days are good. There are some cons of course, some expectations are simply unreasonable and they haven’t been promoting the hard working employees for positions they’d love to learn to do and instead hiring from other companies for higher up roles. Wven when someone has direct experience for that role. Which is frustrating after you’ve given so much time and effort maintaining good scores for a company. Overall though great company great job that some downsides but hey that’s all jobs and they seem to try to improve when they’ve heard feedback.
Pros
Free food and coffee good pay free gifts
Cons
Minimal opportunities for growth
Fantastic place to work
Real Time Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 23, 2019
Fantastic place to work if you are just starting your career, or if you've been in the industry for a long time. Great leadership that are open to suggestions and change. Still a young company so it's an exciting time to be part of the team. Very customer focused, and willing to go out of the way to ensure that their customers have the best possible experience. It is an absolute joy to work with this company.
Productive and Fun workplace!
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 22, 2019
ThirdLove has been a wonderful place to work.
The people are great, and the products are AMAZING! I love that the support we're able to provide in house, and to our amazing customers!
Come work here!
fit stylist (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 22, 2019
The employees are treated very well, we get a great discount and free products, free food and snacks! It is fast paced, but that makes the day go by pretty fast.
ThirdLove is my perfect fit
Fit Stylist (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 22, 2019
This is a fast paced, highly adaptive, collaborative work space. The benefits are great and advancement is an easily laid out process. The company is flexible and does a good job of balancing worker needs and catering to customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ThirdLove. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

ThirdLove Reviews by Location