Thirty-One Gifts
63Average

Thirty-One Gifts Employee Reviews

United States359 reviews
Thirty One Gifts is the premier home storage direct sales company in the United States. They have strong training and support through a team leader model.
Pros
Own boss
Cons
Need to hustle every month
I love being a Thirty One consultant because I can make work as much or little as I want depending on my families needs. The hardest part is building enough clients to keep the sales going. After that I think it is pretty easy.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Commission only
The company has a great culture when it comes to acceptance. You can wear most things (within reason), and you can feel more like a family there.

After that, it is just stress. Company constantly shifts ideas at last minute and constantly have to struggle to react.
Cons
I've worked here for over a year. Things were good at the beginning but slowly declined. Employees were told "it's really common to see low sales after Christmas" yet didn't ever tell us that meant we would have our hours demolished. They let go of several supervisors on the spot with no notice-- as well as a bunch of employees right after the holidays. No notice given, just walked out. Managers are okay but rarely care. One employee was told "you are the lowest of my priorities right now" when he asked a question. HR rarely answers phone calls or emails and you can only see them during the work day with an appointment. The warehouse portion is hot, especially during Texas summer. Picking aisles are cramped and crowded with no fans in the aisles. Used to give us Gatorade, not anymore. Many supervisors from Ohio told us it's not the same anymore so they left.

The pay is okay, around 13-14 bucks but you can find better at another warehouse. They are introducing production incentive pay for workers but only if you are part of production. If you are maintenance or inventory control or a clerk, someone else will be making more. At least there is paid holidays and accrued PTO-- if you aren't forced to use your PTO to cover Regular hours that were cut. Also there is no yearly raise, we've learned.

I worked in Monogram so it's interesting and somewhat cooler than the warehouse side. But we are constantly asked to hit unrealistic goals without having enough people to even do it. Also you will be sent to other departments to help them do their work. If you sign up for Monogram or Inspection
 - more...
Pros
Warehouse money but only like 14 bucks an hr, Lots of overtime during peak season if that's your thing, Coworkers generally nice
Cons
Mandatory overtime at very last minute notice, Management is bad, No improvement in work environment, People going to ER all the time for heatstroke, Social distancing is a joke here
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Horrible work experience. Terrible work life balance no ability to share ideas and never heard. Company does it listen to experience the owner destroyed the entirebbrand with greed and ego
Pros
Cupcakes
Cons
Everything else
A very relaxed and decent working environment, where free interactions is promoted among workers, yet highly productive. New ideas are appreciated, and learning of new things is encouraged at every point in time.
Pros
Hard work is appreciated periodically. Everyone matters
Cons
Odd hours of work; and shift structure does not always favor everyone
You are terminated even if you are sick. No sick leave. You can't take work off even your spouse and kids are sick. Please think before to work at Thirty-one.
Stress levels were high in my area as the management team is constantly changing directions. We were not officially allowed to work from home unless they overworked you or needed favors after hours. The workplace was more fun when we were receiving bonuses, but that stopped years ago and won't be back anytime soon. IMO, too much money was spent on executive salaries and their severance packages, conferences, expensive trips and cruises to places like Hawaii and the Bahamas, even though sales were plummeting for years. There were lots of good times and friendships made there. My co-workers were kind and thoughtful. My salary was good, so I accepted the ridiculous stress levels and micromanagement for longer than I should have only realizing that once I was laid off due to Covid19 and horrible sales. A change in upper level management would be helpful. The same people are the ones in charge as sales continue to drop. Perhaps new perspectives and experience would turn things around. I hope the best for my friends that remain.
Pros
Salary, bonuses when given out, co-workers, cupcakes once a month for a few years
Cons
Stress, Salaried positions work over 40 most weeks, Micromanagement, constant changing of directions and plans, executive team not capable of increasing sales, Only 2 weeks of maternity leave in woman-owned company
10 hr shifts not needed. They force full time this job could be done part-time. Warehouse is hot no fans at workstation. People judging you. Don’t ask questions you’ll never get answers. Pay is not worth it! People pass out and they talk bad about them. Plus COVID19 positive cases and nothing was shut down or cleaned.
Pros
Ice cream
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Thirty-One Gifts?
One of the worse ran organizations I've ever worked at, filled with racism and nepotism. The HR supervisor is by far the most incompetent administrator I've dealt with, and the companies true colors started to show close to the end of 2019 and progressively got worse. Supervisors get positions because they can be controlled not because they are right or qualified for the job, and they find a way to run off the good supervisors. Not only do they play favorites, but they openly promote bigotry and racism by promoting people that possess those qualities. This summer they refused to fix one of the ice machines for the employees with temperatures constantly exceeding 100 plus in the warehouse. I was there at the very beginning and we constantly asked the powers that be to have the building cleaned, because it was filthy and they refused. The warehouse has filth and dust stacked on top of the boxes in the racks and the employees are constantly breathing in air that can make them sick along with the Covid19 pandemic.It was business as usual in 31 when Covid19 hit and things were shut down, and they did not start practicing social distancing until Flower Mound PD and city inspector came in and saw the mess that was going on in the building. They did not comply and the city came back again and threatened to close the building and fine everyone $1000 for not closing. Somehow they found a way to be labeled an essential business and was able to stay open. I've heard supervisors make openly racist remarks, berate employees, and put their employees in harms way. I've seen managers openly - more...
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Bad management, bad supervisors, racism, nepotism, incompetence, unsafe practices, lack of communication
ThirtyOne is a fun direct sales company with flexible hours that allows you to work at your own pace. Work your business from your laptop or phone wherever you go.
Thirty-one moved the Distribution Center I worked at. I only got 5 Weeks Severance Pay. I should have gotten 9Weeks Severance Pay. I worked for the company 9 Years. They moved the DC to Flower Mound, Texas. I hope they found the cheaper work force they wanted
Management doesn’t care about employees they just care about production. They let themselves get so far behind where we’d have to constantly do mandatory overtime, they don’t care that we have lives. And people never really took safety seriously because they tried to get their jobs done faster for supervisors who are never satisfied. Don’t waste your time trying to get a job there, it’s not worth it, trust me.
I really like it because of the diversity. I also like the way the management manage the company and let all the associates fill comfortable. They care
Pros
N/a
Oh My Gosh!!!! I have never worked at a company that was so disorganized and so mismanaged before in my entire life, but thirty one gifts is one of the worse companies I have ever had the displeasure of working in. Everything and I mean everything at this company is an F rating. Just awful through and through.
Dont get too comfortable here. Its a good place to build experience but if youre planning on moving up or expecting bonuses or consistent/steady work hours with constant overtime, DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH. I also think most of the managers forget what its like to start at the bottom and show minimal appreciation for the employees that work under them.
Pros
Have M-F shift
Cons
Management needs work
Productive and Fun workplace. No work pressure. Very cooperative and helpful team. Very flexible work culture. We can learn new technologies and can work on our preferred area of expertise.
Friendly, collaborative environment. The culture is hard working but fun loving I learned and enhanced many management skills and was able to support my team and build future leaders
Pros
Freindly, collaborative, goal focused
Cons
layoffs
They're constantly hiring and thus they're constantly firing. It's a very dirty place to work for 10 hours. And remember: don't work too much, you'll be fired!
Poor decisions were made for many years contributing to the decline in sales thus leaving many people displaced.
When Thirty-One was in it's peak it was a great place to work and the culture was incredible.
Pros
Meeting and talking to different people
Cons
Poor management and decisions which impacted many jobs
I was a long time customer and loved the products so much that I chose to be an Independent Consultant. I was able to make money and get the products I wanted. It was a Win-Win situation!
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
No complaints