Thomas & Hutton Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Productive and fun environment. Great people.
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCMay 15, 2018
very good company especially for young people getting started in the industry. Training programs are outstanding and provide solid initiation to work environment.
Civil Engineering Inter
Civil Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCFebruary 28, 2018
Overall a great company to work for. Really cares about it employees would highly recommend them. One area for improvement is having a more defined role for new interns.
I just want to apply to a job
Survey Instrument Person (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 14, 2017
A typical day at work includes I just want to apply to a job. I learned I just want to apply to a job, but now I have to fill this out about a company I don't really work for
Thomas & Hutton is a family oriented workplace with good life/work balance. Great benefits and friendly work atmosphere.
Marketing Graphic Design & Communications (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 15, 2017
Fantastic company to work for. Rapidly expanding, yet maintains the small company, family culture. Good benefits and opportunity for growth as an engineer.
Pros
Benefits and Health & Wellness program
Awesome company! Gives back to the community
Civil Engineer (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 26, 2017
Thomas & Hutton genuinely cares about it's employees and their success. I'm also happy to work for a company that gives back to the communities where we operate. T&H provides volunteer opportunities, fun events like Office Olympics, and 5K races for employees to give back.

We also have the latest technology and software, so it's easier to do our jobs. We get to work on a wide variety of projects, so it's not the same thing every day. The company provides very challenging and interesting work, along with great pay and benefits.

I'd highly recommend it.
Pros
Great Benefits, cool perks like gym membership reimbursement, and fitbits for wellness
Cons
N/a
Amazing company!
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 17, 2017
Thomas & Hutton (T&H) has a fantastic work-life balance. T&H's benefits are beyond expectations. There is a engaging comradery at the company and the potential for growth exist for those who wish to further their careers.
Amazing Work Environment with Equally Amazing Benefits!
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 10, 2017
Working for T&H has been the best step in my career so far. The management allows for a supportive, but hands off work environment that allows for stable steady growth. The benefits are 100% paid for and there are great perks like the wellness program where you can receive different rewards and prizes that really encourage a healthier lifestyle. The most enjoyable part to my work experience here are the people. Coming a long way from home for my career, my co-workers have turned into a second family for me. There never seems to be any limits here. If you want to learn something, all you have to do is ask and be willing to put in the effort. My effort is always seen and acknowledged here. I enjoy the volunteer opportunities T&H has to get out in the community as a group to make a difference in the city that we live in. It really amazes me how much T&H cares for their employees.
Pros
Company pays for healthcare, family work environment, great wellness program, career advancement, good work life balance
Cons
N/a
Good Work/Family balance
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 10, 2016
Overall this company has a focus on balancing work and family. Leadership within the company could benefit from Management training courses such as 7 Habits of Highly Effective Leaders. More time should be spent on training individual leaders providing them with an abundance of knowledge in regards to how to effectively lead, how to communicate, basics on training, evolution of a team along with an understanding of how long it takes for a new employee to adapt to a position vs properly training current staff. The company as a whole is good in regards to communication however individual offices need work. Good pay and benefits for individual positions. The company could also spend more time training new employees while effectively communicating expectations.
Pros
100% paid benefits
Cons
Leadership isn't properly trained on how to be a leader
great place to work enjoy very much the people i work with
Land Surveyor (Former Employee) –  savannah gaMarch 6, 2013
this job i enjoy the people i work with very much ..the hardest part of my job was mesuring land through swamps
This is a great company to work for
Civil Design And CADD Tech. (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 21, 2012
A typical day starts with reviewing the project at hand and determind the next step for completion. I learned that the entire team is important in order to achieve the best product. Management is very cooperative and will answer any and all questions I may have in order to complete the project properly. My co-workers are eccential for communication with every project I am working on. The hardest part of the job is making sure every question and idea the client has has been answered and met. The most rewarding part of the jod is seeing a smile of complete satisfaction on the clients face.