Thomas J Henry Law, PLLC Employee Reviews

Dont work here
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 23, 2019
This is the place is toxic, the employees are all after each other, gossiping, telling lies, saying that something where you show compassion is called gossiping.
Management is a joke, instead of believing in they're employees they turn on them, then they tell the employees friends that they have no contact with the employee or they'll be fired!!!

This is against the law.
Cons
A Firm that goes beyond it's reputation
Admin (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 10, 2019
Working for Thomas J. Henry has been nothing less than a beneficial and profitable experience for myself, as well as my family. While the pay and Insurance policies are more than appropriate, which allow me to provide for my family and then some, the day to day operations surrounding the workplace allow me to fully apply my skills, talents, and give me an opportunity to accomplish good hard work, that in the end gives back to my community.

The most enjoyable aspect of the job is being able to work a solid 160 hours per month, and still have time to devote to my family and live a fulfilling personal life.

Working for a firm of this magnitude and reputation, has in some aspects given me more of a purpose. Moreover, I grow in my work ethic daily. Management, as well as my co-workers, appreciate the perseverance and reward me for my hard work.

A firm dedicated to going above and beyond, as well as giving back to its employees and community..DAILY!

Superb place to work and grow!
Pros
Great work environment, very fulfilling
Cons
In need of better parking, Firm is growing and deserves a larger lot.
A great and positive work enviroment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 10, 2019
Thomas J Henry Law is a great company to work for. The pay and hours are great, and the benefits are amazing, such as the health care, life insurance, free gym membership, and paid time off. I work with a great group of people and management helps a lot too. Mr. Henry is VERY generous and kind employer, and the staff is friendly.
Pros
Staff Giveaways
Cons
Stressful, never knew what kind of day you were going to have
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 25, 2019
Very micro-managed and never felt appreciated. The negativity always outweighed the good. Bonuses are not that great. Have never worked for a company that has such a huge turnover. Would not recommend working here.
Great Place to Work with Limitless Opportunities
Receptionist Lead (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 20, 2019
Great benefits and management, job expectations are clear and there is plenty of room for advancement for anyone willing to work towards it. The recognition and events that take place for employees are like none other!
Pros
great benifits, vacation, opportunity for advancement and good management.
Cons
No cons
Horrible
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 13, 2019
I would not recommend working here to anyone. HR only cares about themselves and NOT the employees. You are expected to sit at your desk for 8 hours and not move.
Pros
Cons
No breaks
Best Learning Environment
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 12, 2019
Great learning environment. There are many people that are willing and able to help you to strive to be the best that you can be. The management team and the human resources department are thoughtful and they strive to help build you as a person. One of the many great aspects of working here is the free gym membership. The healthier you are the happier you are and the better you are able to help the clients with a positive outlook.
Cons
No overtime. The company has grown to such a great extent that we are in a tight work environment.
Great Place To Work !
Medical Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 12, 2019
Great place to work, great benefits, free gym membership. Recognition is earned. Time goes by quick and there is always something to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are doing your best to help the client.
Pros
401k, Health ins. Sick Time off Vacation Hrs
Cons
Pay could be better
Overworked, no guidance, high client volume
Pre Litigation Attorney (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 22, 2019
Each pre lit attorney can be assigned upwards of 120+ cases which isn’t too unbearable but then management requires daily quotas on insurance calls and PNC calls which impede from providing true customer service to actual clients. There is 24/7 expectations with no extra compensation. Very pathetic $55k base salary with rigid and unattainable bonus structure. There is no cost of living adjustment for living in San Antonio/Austin compared to Corpus Christi. Lastly, if you see 5-star reviews out there, TJH incentivized employees for those.
Pros
Cons
24/7 work, poor management, high turnover
Very productive and a great place to work!
HR Clerk (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 15, 2019
I enjoy my job here at the firm on a daily basis. From my co-workers to the daily opportunities to learn and be a part of the bigger picture. A typical day is very busy but does make the day go by. This is a firm that provides plenty of opportunities for advancement, which I think is great! Mr.Henry is extremely involved with the firm and with our local community; that was an unexpected perk for me, just to be able to know that he has not lost himself with the daily grind. I have no problem referring people to the firm, for employment or business.
Pros
Offers medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, Christmas parties, gym memberships, paid parking, 401 K, and opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Parking can be on a lower level
firm is in state of growth
admin (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 20, 2019
plenty of opportunity to move up if you are willing to put in the dedication and focus. pay increases are fair for each step in career development. days go by fast. lots of work. good management.
Pros
good peers. you learn a lot. managers are great.
Cons
crowded offices.
Excellent
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 19, 2018
TJH gives you the tools you need to be great. You will learn everything there is to learn about the law and processes in the legal field. The abundance of good attorneys makes it a valuable tool in learning and being as productive as possible.
Fast Environment
Litigation Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 17, 2018
Fast work Environment but I Defiantly enjoy what I do. My fellow staff and attorney I do work for are awesome. The only downfall is I wish the Hourly pay was higher.
Pros
401k, Health ins. Sick Time off/Vacation Hrs.
Cons
Hourly pay should be better
Working at TJH
Medical Clerk (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 17, 2018
Great place to work, great benefits, free gym membership. I have been with the company over a year and have learned so much during the process of being employed here and I am still very eager and excited to learn more. Management is awesome here, Recognition is earned and give, they listen to there employees and every suggestion is taken into consideration. One of the most enjoyable parts about working here is the work environment and atmosphere, also knowing that at the end of the day all our hard work does pay off, knowing you did you absolute best for your yourself, your team, for the firm, for the client.
Pros
Gym Membership, Luncheons, Holiday Pay, Benefits and More!
Cons
None what so ever!
I Love Working for Thomas J Henry I Love my Job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 14, 2018
I love working in fast paced environment, I have learned so many new things and I am happy that there is room for advancement. You have many opportunities to move up to different departments if you are willing to learn new things. Everyone is very helpful and there is great management and staff.
Pros
Great Benefits, Pto, Free Gym Membership, and other many perks.
Cons
Parking
its been great working for this growing company
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 14, 2018
I've worked for this company for 4 years in 2 positions, the benefits are great and now they have pto and 401k. He sponsors so many events so there's always a chance to win free tickets. he gives a Christmas bonus every year and the Christmas party is always amazing. The pay could be better but the incentive make up for it a little. You have the opportunity to move up in positions and learn new things
Pros
paid holidays, weekends off, pto, vacation, incentives, events, bonuses
Cons
the pay, no ot, no part time positions
Medical Clerk
Medical Clerk (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 14, 2018
It is a good place to work. Pay could be better. Health insurance is outrageous when you add your spouse or children. Practically working for free. Depending on where you are placed, as far as, who you will be working with, can determine how you feel about the work place. Some teams are not so welcoming and if they don't like you, you will be assigned to a different attorney or fired.
Great place to work.
File clerk (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 14, 2018
It’s a great place to work for, I love my management and coworkers. It’s always busy and makes the day go by fast. I like that I learn something new every day.
Pros
Great incentives
Cons
Low pay, no overtime
Overall I like my job and my boss.
File Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 14, 2018
Everyday is always a busy day with files and contracts which is good to make time go by fast. I've learned a bit more about the law and how it works. I would have to say the hardest part of my job is moving furniture and boxes. But overall I like every aspect of my job.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
low pay, no overtime, not getting raises on time
Great place to work!!!!
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 14, 2018
Everyone here is so nice. I have been here 3 months and everyone here has been so nice. Mangers here are helpful and understanding.
TJ Henry takes care of his employees..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomas J Henry Law, PLLC. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Thomas J Henry Law, PLLC Reviews by Location