Thomas J Henry Law, PLLC
40Low

Thomas J Henry Law, PLLC Employee Reviews

United States242 reviews
Productive and fun work environment
I Loved the attorneys i worked for and the teams i worked with. I loved working in a fast paced environment, working with deadlines, and always meeting new people.
I do not recommend working here at this time
Not a great culture from the perspective of the management in place, the pay and ability to meet goals. Due to turnover, it is difficult to manage cases effectively, as so much is not done before it is time to take the case to litigation and there is no way to make up the difference unless you are willing to donate your time without being paid overtime for it.
Busy workplace
I wish I would have been challenged at a higher level. My typical day consisted of doing one task as assigned by the attorney in charge for the purpose of catching up.
Try not to expect much
As a company all they care about is their growing client numbers.
They expect you to only answer the phone and be in your cubical all 7.5 hours, forget about going to the bathroom, stretching your legs or simply having a nice interaction with your co workers.

They will Fire you with no previous notice and their training is non existent. Every day they will handle you papers and papers and tell you to read them. Basically that’s your training.

They do not take responsibility for their actions or mistakes. They will tell you to do your job one way then the next day or two day later they tell you your doing it wrong, and they don’t realize your following their instructions but it’s still your fault and your doing it wrong. They don’t have any consideration.

The supervisor has the same amount of training as a new hire employee and that’s all I have to say in regards to that.

In my time there they fired 2 of the best people who knew how to do their job and followed every instruction. They got fired for doing their job correctly. According to the supervisor they where not doing things correctly when all they do is follow the book. Again they will Fire you for no reason even do you don’t have the fault or for following instructions.

They don’t care about their workers, all they care about is their numbers and numbers.

I strongly don’t recommend this company for anyone.
Lawyer lied to me and his staff about paying us bonuses. for several years he promised bonuses but never paid
management did selective enforcement of company policies and violations. My supervising attorney promised me and other staff members christmas bonuses for 2017, 2018 and 2019 and never paid us the promised bonuses. Instead he said he couldn't afford to pay us the promised bonuses. Then promised he would pay the bonus when the case settled but instead he had me fired when 3 of my cases settled.
Pros
Cons
my lawyer yelled at me, was condescending, lied about promised bonuses, lost his temper all the time.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Be mindful
This is not a hateful review because the job has its perks and stuff, but when it comes to management and humane acts this isn’t the place.
I personally didn’t have any bad experience up to the day I got fired which they did without any prior warning or anything.

You are literally expected to just remain seated and not even think about getting up to the bathroom, to speak to colleagues. Which brings me to the next point which is that team work here does not exist. They expect you not to care about your colleagues or help out... I don’t know.

I had a good experience until I got fired in a very public and embarrassing way.
Benefits are ok
Middle management in the business office is extremely unprofessional there are no leadership skills extremely rude and degrading to employees not a welcoming or professional environment at all needs major restructuring to function properly
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Pay and business office manager
Avoid if possible
This firm started making drastic changes in July of 2019, starting with firing 1/3 of the staff. The remaining staff was expected to pick up the slack on top of the workload they originally had. With false promises of a pay raise that never happened. To no surprise, employees started walking out - making it worse and worse for the ones that stayed
Ability to learn and grow
I work in the business office as an accounting assistant and enjoy it! I love being busy and helping others. It is a large office and it has helped me to grow.
Support & encouragement
I really enjoyed how the staff always genuinely cared and helped each other to succeed. There was always a sense of friendship between staff members but with an air of professionalism.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Thomas J Henry Law, PLLC?
Abundant Opportunity for Success
I aspire to make Thomas J Henry money after I pass the bar. What better place to have that opportunity than working FOR Thomas J Henry! As an intern I have been challenged since day 1. The firm provides the opportunity to learn every aspect of personal injury litigation. I would compare it to an advanced education that one cannot receive in law school. I am looking forward to continuing the learning process throughout all departments within the firm. This place offers an amazing opportunity to gain practical legal experience.
Toxic work environment
This company is extremely hard on the employees. The management style is toxic and abusive from the top down. You go to work every day not knowing if you are getting berated, scolded and even fired.
Fast paced and great place to work.
Thomas J. Henry Law is a great place to work if you are interested in fast paced environment. II was able to move up from reception to an intake specialist within the first year of being employed here. I am currently working with the intake specialist back office team and I love it.
Great place to work!!
TJH is a great place to work, always plenty of room for advancement. As well as lots of amazing incentives from quarterly top performers, paid time off, gym memberships, medical, dental, vision insurance and 401K.
Pros
No-overtime policy; but this is good in order to maintain the work life balance.
Chaotic
Chaotic, unorganized environment. Too many new bosses. Unqualified staff, then not enough staff. You have to do everything yourself if you want something completed. Little to no support from managers,
Cons
no time off anymore
Receptionist / medical records
If you are employed as either medical records, case manager, receptionist you will be lucky if you earn more than $12hr. I have over 6 years experience and got paid $11hr terrible pay ,stressful work environment, micro management.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Expensive insurance
Good Work Environment
In my experience, this is an enjoyable company to work for that offers many incentives and good benefits to their employees. The work environment is professional and friendly.
Excellent Place to Learn, Grow, & Be Challenged
I had no legal experience before working here but they truly value those who are willing to work hard, learn, and think on their feet. Each team is different but everyone is understanding and willing to help others grow and assist when needed.
Good Work Enviroment
Very good Work ethic, Very nice co workers, Work days go very quickly. Pays very well, Works with your time off needs, Very good prize giveaways and discounts.
Best company to work for
I have worked here for almost 3 years. It is the best company to work for because I was able to move up from positions and get the advantage to attend vip concerts, events, etc. Working here you also get highly rewarded for striving to do your best. I highly recommend to apply for an amazing job/career.
Cool
I should’ve never quit, LMAO. I quit cus I heard I was gonna get fired if I didn’t come back to work (family issue) so I just didn’t come back. But it was a fun job, I would love to work for him again. If I had the chance lol
Pros
Cons
Mm, none really
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomas J Henry Law, PLLC. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
4.2
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight