Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals Employee Reviews

Fantatic collegaues
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 19, 2018
Fantatic collegaues, I love my boss. She is such a fabulous mentor. Nice work environment. Great staffs. I am happy I got an opportunity to work under Compliance department I learnt a lot.
TJUH is an excellent institution to work and learn
Staff Inpatient Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 16, 2018
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital is world class, excellent institution. I had the honor to work among the most brilliant educators and providers of healthcare.
Very large university hospital with multiple affiliates
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2018
The Case Management department was understaffed and turn over was high. With the exception of the Manager of the Department, overall management didn't know that we existed. I was one of the RN's responsible for Denials and Appeals for Medicare, and other designated insurance companies. The department was very busy and productive. However, the atmosphere was cut throat, competitive and unpleasant.
Pros
salary
Cons
see review
Management at Lansdale Hospital is horrendous!
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lansdale HospitalNovember 13, 2018
The personnel at Lansdale Hospital are basically a bunch of nice people to work with. The nurse supervisors were the worst managers I've dealt with in over 40 years of employment. The COO never took suggestions seriously but, I guess she is very busy. In the hospital you are constantly observed by security cameras, supervisors/managers and security guards. Talk about a Big Brother feel in the work environment...Lansdale Hospital has that in spades.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Constantly being watched.
No room for career growth
Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 5, 2018
I worked for Philadelphia University before it became Thomas Jefferson University and have over six years with the university. I have been doing the same job for all six years, I have applied for positions and was never given any opportunity to move up in the company. As a university they encourage going back to school to help in career advancement but I have not seen that happen for me. I have a bachelors degree from the university and I can't get a new job with them.
Pros
You have a job and not out of work
Cons
Do not value employees
Manager
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 31, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company and the people that I interacted with with great. They were like family and if there was a problem they all wanted to help you
Cons
Productive and fun work environment
Payer Specialist/Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Outpatient SpecialtyOctober 30, 2018
Enjoy working here, Pay rate needs to be more comparable to other hospitals in the area however, our benefits are great very inexpensive. You can more throughout the organization but its not really worth it because it is always a lateral move. Hard to get a pay increase.
na
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 29, 2018
The job is a humbling experience it make you appreciate life more. I done seen/help people fight for their life. Making quick life calls. responding to different kind of codes. etc
fast paced
Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 26, 2018
The job was fast paced and very busy job. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. Everyone was very professional and always willing to help each other. We worked as team.
Pros
great co-workers
It was pleasant
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 19, 2018
From my perspective working at Thomas Jefferson University was a pleasant experience. The management was personable and lenient, while the staff was cooperative. I would highly recommend for anyone to consider a position with the organization
Pros
nice break in between work shift and pleasant management
Cons
if your coming from a temp agency the postion may not be solidified
The pros outweigh the cons
Critical Care Technician EMT (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 15, 2018
Basic big city hospital that has a good reputation on the outside. Very close to public transportation and great location. An individual's workday experience varies widely depending on department and unit.
Quick paced and professional
Environmental Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 14, 2018
I learned the importance of attention to detail when cleaning surgical areas and also how to clean, strip, buff, and wax floors. This is the type of job where you will learn multiple positions to become more valuable to the department.
Decent workplace
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Turnersville, NJOctober 10, 2018
Overall low pay, strong job culture. Jefferson Health is a good place to get you foot in the door for a career in medicine. .
Excellent place to work!
Clinical Research Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2018
My experience at Jefferson is wonderful. The staff and management, benefits, and adherence to the university/hospital's core values makes it a pleasure to be a part of the team.
Great position
Research Technician II (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2018
Never did I think I would be working with Astronauts on the International Space Station. We also work with human subjects on the ground, which is sometimes challenging but also rewarding. While I do work part time, it is an honor to work for such a great Dr. and program.
opportunites
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 4, 2018
Opportunities for growth and advancement within the institution. Health care and educational benefits are extensive and offered in a variety of areas.
Did not get to spend much time with preceptor
Pharmacy Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2018
This experiential rotation was with the hospital's director of pharmacy as my preceptor and most of the time, we were sent off going to the floors shadowing other pharmacists including the IV room, satellite pharmacies, etc.
Jefferson can and for the most part offers a good work place for those who are working in the field
Patient Flow Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 27, 2018
the daily work place at Jefferson is just what to expect from a hospital. As long as you are doing your job, keeping in mind that the patient is first and that you are there yo take care of them you will have no problems.
Nursing
Full time Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 26, 2018
Nursing at jefferson has changed so much over the past 12 years. I feel as though their respect for the nurses that work there has gone down. Staffing and significantly suffered since the joining of several companies.
It was a good experience
Conference Registrar / Speaker Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 26, 2018
For the most part working at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital was a good experience. The benefits were good and I liked my coworkers and I was good at my job. However, there is a lack of appreciation for workers from many of the higher ups in the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight