Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals Employee Reviews

Very large university hospital with multiple affiliates
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2018
The Case Management department was understaffed and turn over was high. With the exception of the Manager of the Department, overall management didn't know that we existed. I was one of the RN's responsible for Denials and Appeals for Medicare, and other designated insurance companies. The department was very busy and productive. However, the atmosphere was cut throat, competitive and unpleasant.
Pros
salary
Cons
see review
Nowhere to move up, absent management creates difficult workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2018
Work culture is its biggest advantage and disadvantage. Very laid-back environment between co-workers/management allows people to be themselves and not stress, but no firm line or accountability for work left undone or incorrectly allows workers to get away with "murder" and not worry about being penalized.
my review of this company is excellent
Campus Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 10, 2018
typical day consist of costant observation , attention to detail, having good customer servce skills, management was always fair and helpful, the culture wasw in a good enviroment with a good reputation of the history of the facility and area of philadelphia. hardest part of the job was dealing with individuals who wre intoxicated or under the influence of controlled substances, helping people was the best part of the job.
Great place to work, nursing driven
Oncology Nurse Navigator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 2, 2019
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital has Magnet status and is very nurse driven. They are always trying to keep key personnel and be competitive in the market
Pros
great benefits, good salary
Ok company
Patient Safety/ Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJanuary 8, 2019
This company provides good health benefits . Could improve in other areas such as employee advancement and bonuses . overall I would recommend this company to others.
management
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 21, 2018
Jefferson was once a great place to work however with management changes things got little different. They got rid of a lot of union jobs and are now contracting out. However in terms of over all experience there was good the culture there is very different.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
A lot of BS
Excellent place to work!
Clinical Research Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2018
My experience at Jefferson is wonderful. The staff and management, benefits, and adherence to the university/hospital's core values makes it a pleasure to be a part of the team.
High turn over
Epic team (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 13, 2018
Very low organization structure constant state of priority work which leads to employees burning out, very high turn over. Very political when it comes to advancement
Pros
Flexible schedule but long hours
Cons
Long hours, poor communication between teams
It is OK.
Postdoc research fellow (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 9, 2018
It is a nice place to work, but hard to learn and improve yourself to help you with your further career.The management is not very efficient and will take forever to get one thing done.
Great working environment.
Certified nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  CNA in the ORJanuary 2, 2019
Thomas Jefferson Hospital is a great place to work. They offer a lot of opportunities for people who are interested in advancing their careers. You made a lot of interest in awesome people. I’ve had a great great time working at Thomas Jefferson which I could’ve retired there. But due to job we construction going on chili laid off but however I have no regrets again if they called me tomorrow I will go back with no hesitation.
Pros
You meet a lot of interesting people.
Cons
You meet a lot of interesting people.
No room for career growth
Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 5, 2018
I worked for Philadelphia University before it became Thomas Jefferson University and have over six years with the university. I have been doing the same job for all six years, I have applied for positions and was never given any opportunity to move up in the company. As a university they encourage going back to school to help in career advancement but I have not seen that happen for me. I have a bachelors degree from the university and I can't get a new job with them.
Pros
You have a job and not out of work
Cons
Do not value employees
Not a bad place to work.
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2018
A good place to work, people are good, however the pay is low, along with no advancement. The benefits are good. You have to pay for parking, as it is located in Center City Philadelphia.
Pros
Good enviorment
Cons
Low Pay
opportunites
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 4, 2018
Opportunities for growth and advancement within the institution. Health care and educational benefits are extensive and offered in a variety of areas.
Decent workplace
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Turnersville, NJOctober 10, 2018
Overall low pay, strong job culture. Jefferson Health is a good place to get you foot in the door for a career in medicine. .
Compensation and Promotions
Practice Manager - Department of OBGYN (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2018
Jefferson has a policy that states an employee can only increase their salary by 5% regardless of new degrees or new experience. Jefferson does have a great tuition reimbursement program but upon obtaining graduate degrees - pay increases are not guaranteed.
Benefits
Cons
No culture for promoting Management
Jefferson is one of the top hospitals to work for in south jersey.
Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJanuary 9, 2019
Jefferson practices patient care first. and that is very important to me and the patients that we serve. We provide the best care possible and are always willing to answer any questions and help our patient at anytime if we can.
Pros
great location and several locations, great benefits and insurance
Cons
time off and sick leave is in one pot
Great place to start my nursing career
REGISTERED NURSE, INTERMEDIATE FLOAT POOL (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 17, 2018
I learned a lot here and enjoyed my time spent here. Worked on a busy cardiac floor and saw a wide variety of patients. The culture between staff is great, I really miss my co-workers. Hardest part of the job was just how busy and occasionally short staffed we could get. At th end if the day though, it was a great place to work.
It was pleasant
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 19, 2018
From my perspective working at Thomas Jefferson University was a pleasant experience. The management was personable and lenient, while the staff was cooperative. I would highly recommend for anyone to consider a position with the organization
Pros
nice break in between work shift and pleasant management
Cons
if your coming from a temp agency the postion may not be solidified
It is a happy place to work
Parent Child Assistant/Educator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 15, 2018
It's a great place to work. Everyday is a new adventure. The staff is wonderful. My Co-workers are always willing to help when needed or answer any questions that I might have. The clients are great and the children are unforgettable. It's a happy place. My only complaint is my salary.
Edit review
Pros
Watching the children grow.
Cons
When the children turn age 7, and age out of the Parent Child Center (PCC).
Stressful Busy department
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2018
Very fast paced department. Unfortunately very under/improperly staffed and incorrectly scheduled patients by scheduling department thats been like that for years. Management at times not respectful to staff., and play favorites. You will learn a lot of different exams. Good place to get experience and move on. With new CEO, no job security now. NO work/life balance. Cannot talk to supervisors due to their changing moods.
Benefits
Cons
Short staffed, lack of respect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight