Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals Employee Reviews

Sometimes stressful. Management gives to many task to do while working at the front desk
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2018
This position would be less stressful if management organize the work flow in a proper manner by allowing the front desk to focus and concentrate on the patients and their needs
Pros
good coworkers at the front desk
Cons
short breaks, no overtime allowed, not effective training
ok work place
Commuter Operations Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2018
I learned a lot at Thomas Jefferson. Work skills as well as interpersonal skills that will help me in the future. I worked in several areas and feel confident I them all.
Rn
RN (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2018
I still haven't completed the first week of orientation but I am very excited to work here. I agree with the core values and mission statement. The atmosphere is very conducive to learning.
Morale and opportunity
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2018
Currently there is a lack of employee morale and very few advancement opportunities due to budget and position cuts. The communication is also very poor which is frustrating.
Not a bad place to work.
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2018
A good place to work, people are good, however the pay is low, along with no advancement. The benefits are good. You have to pay for parking, as it is located in Center City Philadelphia.
Pros
Good enviorment
Cons
Low Pay
It is a happy place to work
Parent Child Assistant/Educator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 15, 2018
It's a great place to work. Everyday is a new adventure. The staff is wonderful. My Co-workers are always willing to help when needed or answer any questions that I might have. The clients are great and the children are unforgettable. It's a happy place. My only complaint is my salary.
Edit review
Pros
Watching the children grow.
Cons
When the children turn age 7, and age out of the Parent Child Center (PCC).
Jefferson
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 14, 2018
Good place to work to get experience in the healthcare field. It's a big hospital and very diverse. Opportunity for growth is always available at Jefferson.
High turn over
Epic team (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 13, 2018
Very low organization structure constant state of priority work which leads to employees burning out, very high turn over. Very political when it comes to advancement
Pros
Flexible schedule but long hours
Cons
Long hours, poor communication between teams
Perfect place to work for a scientist
Postdoctoral fellow (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 6, 2018
Thomas Jefferson University is a perfect place to work for a bio scientist. My PI was very helpful, labmates were friendly and supportive. Good benefits
Good experience
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2018
Jefferson is a good place to obtain healthcare related work experience but not necessarily to build a long-lasting career unless you're on the clinical side of business.
Over worked
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 30, 2018
Under staffed overworked and pay is low as a CNA it is very challenging being very understaffed all the time you would get pulled to all different units all the time.
Team oriented facility
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 27, 2018
If you do your job you can’t go wrong.. I was happy at Jefferson everyone helped each other out I strongly recommend patient to get care from this hospital .
Pros
You get to me all kinds of wonderful people..
Cons
Short breaks
PT weekend position
Admission/ER Registrar - PT (Former Employee) –  Stratford, NJAugust 27, 2018
I really enjoyed working at the Stratford facility as a registrar as well as the weekend hours. It was a pleasure working with the weekend employees, they were very helpful and team players.
Pros
Teamplayers and some pleasant employees to work with
Cons
Technology used could have been better
Great facility
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 22, 2018
A good place to work. Teamwork exists. A teaching hospital, and the nurses really caters to the patients. I was just a student, so I don't know any management side.
Extremely serious and productive job
Staff Nurse Interventional Cardiology (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 16, 2018
I worked in the Cardiac Cath lab with some of the finest clinicians in the world!
They were super kind during orientation, understanding and open to questions. I loved this job and the people I worked with. It was a very close group of people who cared for one another and respected each other professionally.
My managers were incredible, fair, honest, available and approachable. If there was an issue they would come to you and correct it. It was always a pleasure seeing our managers knowing they were looking out for everyone.

They would also pitch in to help.
Pros
Great Professionals
Cons
Long drive for call
my review of this company is excellent
Campus Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 10, 2018
typical day consist of costant observation , attention to detail, having good customer servce skills, management was always fair and helpful, the culture wasw in a good enviroment with a good reputation of the history of the facility and area of philadelphia. hardest part of the job was dealing with individuals who wre intoxicated or under the influence of controlled substances, helping people was the best part of the job.
productive
Critical Care Nurse, Medical Coronary Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 2, 2018
Thomas Jefferson University Health system is a wonderful company to work for. There are many opportunities to learn and grow professionally. The teams are all great. The only reason to leave was to continue education and growth.
The Old Guard
EXE ASST, ADMIN COORDINATOR & OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 1, 2018
Jefferson, despite all the advertising about being innovative is some what stuck in the dark age as far as employee relations. Too much of an old boys club.
Pros
Located in center city
Cons
Old boys club
Love working there
Lead Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 27, 2018
Best place i have ever worked. Don't think that I have ever work at a place that was more than amazing. If i could turn back the hand of time an go back i would go without any hesitation.
poor management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  frankford, torresdale campusJuly 26, 2018
The people in charge of security from jefferon torresdale, frankord, and bucks are just running the department to the ground. Shifts are constantly short. too many lies. Have to pay for your uniforms. low wages. Managed horribly.
benefits
Cons
managed horribly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight