Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great company
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2018
They take your input well. Though they decide if they agree or not. sometimes we were run in circles to finish the final product. They need to take the advice of experts rather then their assumptions.
Worse dept ever to work in because of the manager
Transplant Financial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2018
I worked for the worse manager/person I have ever work for in my life in my last position at Jefferson. I was racial attack, belittled ever moment possible.
Pros
patient's and loving the job I did
Cons
the manager
Opportunity for Growth
Exec. Assist. to the SVP & Chief Diversity Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2018
While working for TJUH I quickly realized that the opportunities for growth were endless. People in leadership roles were very willing to provide information and help with career development and advancement. Having such a big name company on my resume definitely helped further my career.
Hardest park of the job
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 2, 2018
Office is very understaffed with people constantly leaving. Very high turnover. Very stressed out and feeling like I am unpaid to handle all the stress.
Beautiful hospital to work at
Sterile Processing Department - Linen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 29, 2018
A typical work day varied on what task had to be done. I learned that you are going to work with people not on the same level as you are so you have to manage and work with what you got
Pros
Located in the middle of Center city
Cons
Short lunch breaks
used to be a great place to work
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2018
Need a better compensation benefits and more time off for maternity leave . Ultrasound department in great need of building renovations. Looks very ancient, and state of the art equipment does not save its appearance.
Good place to work, we had Small meeting every day to discuss the care of patients
Critical Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 26, 2018
I worked there almost 18yrs and I received a lot of experience, they work with your schedule to go back to school and give to Titution reimbursement.
Pros
Room to grow
Productivity was good
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 21, 2018
I wish I never left. they increase everyone salary after I left. I also wanted to be closer to home because my children was young now that they are older I can travel
Pros
I left before they increase our pay
Cons
If i go back I probably would have to take a pay cut
management
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 21, 2018
Jefferson was once a great place to work however with management changes things got little different. They got rid of a lot of union jobs and are now contracting out. However in terms of over all experience there was good the culture there is very different.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
A lot of BS
Great
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 17, 2018
A Great Place to work with flexible hours and great pay. One must be a team player to fully enjoy the work. The work is busy and sometime can be hectic, but at the same time there will be downtime as well. Great coworkers are found here.
Highly demanding and rewarding employer.
Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2018
Jefferson is a fast paced and challenging employer that compensates their employees very well. They provide extensive training and development for their employees.
Pros
Wonderfully progressive employer!
Professionalism in all fields.
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia PAJune 14, 2018
Thomas Jefferson University is a very good working environment with great leaders: Doctors/Nurses/co-workings. Very professional medically caring hospital/university.
Pros
very professional
Cons
sometimes a long commute.
na
Supervisor, AR Follow-Up Vendor Management (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2018
A typical work day includes reviewing productivity for my team, answering and send e-mail to various vendors, reviewing Quality Reviews. I've learned to have patience.
great health system
Academic Associate Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2018
The thomas Jefferson health system allows for great career development and advancement. It provides great opportunities for learning and welcomes all students.
It can be alot more better in the future
Registration Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 25, 2018
Productive exciting excellent lots of opportunity and career development program for advancing your career through their educational institutions to move forward
Pros
Able to speak your mind and help each other move forward
Cons
N/a
Growing Experience
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 24, 2018
Jefferson Health, formerly known as Kennedy Health, has been a great growing experience for me. It's my first job after receiving my Bachelor's degree and I continue to learn more everyday, especially on the unit I'm currently working on.
great people, limited upward mobility
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 24, 2018
TJU is getting too big too fast, piling work on without compensating for it. You are limited internally to a 9% increase in salary when moving within the enterprise.
Jefferson Emergency
Lead Registrar (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2018
Its a steady pace daily. Patients are in and out of the ER to be seen from minor issues to extreme serious condition. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the rapid pace.
Productive and challanging place to work
Administrative Assistant /Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2018
Working at Jefferson was a very wonderful working environment. It is difficult to move to other job opportunities because the current department could hold you back.
Turbulent Healthcare Environment
Finance (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 20, 2018
Good Work Life Balance
Turbulent Overall Healthcare Environment
Continuous Mergers / Acquisitions
Short Staffed
Corporate locations fragmented but will be consolidated soon
Pros
Work Balance
Cons
Short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight