Thomas Nelson Comm College Employee Reviews

Great work environment Low Pay
Administrative Office Specialist II P-14 (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAAugust 31, 2018
I actually loved working a Thomas Nelson I've considered going back. Working at Thomas Nelson was great, the people there are awesome to work with,stress-free work place, but the salary and hourly pay isn't equivalent to the cost of living in this area. I was struggling working 2 jobs when I worked at TNCC . When I was laid off my second job I was forced to look for another job. If the pay was better I'd go back tomorrow, only for a full-time position with benefits.
Pros
Great work environment, stress free
Cons
Low pay, Part-time workers don't have benefits including no healthcare
Very happy at Thomas Nelson
Adjunct Faculty- Psychology Professor (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAApril 6, 2018
I loved working here even though the pay was so low. I worked there almost a decade. Loved every minute, loved the students and the staff. Wish I was nearby so I could go back.
Pros
Very satisfying work
Cons
Not paid enough
Management problems
Director of Vocational Services (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 1, 2017
New management team. Many persons had next held directorship in a college setting before. They had difficult making management decisions. Poorly executed at times.
Pros
Acted like pros but were not.
Cons
Played the con game to get over on job they knew nothing about.
It is a nice place to work
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAApril 24, 2017
Many of the people are very nice and willing to help you. It is a good place to work.Sometimes the students feel like the professors are too difficult, I see many students get discouraged. The staff works hard though.
Excellent for work experience
Administrative Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 21, 2017
Just don't get stuck. There are limited opportunities for growth from within and the pay scale for those without at least a Masters degree is abysmal. Excellent for gaining entry level work experience and educational opportunities are available to get you to the Masters level. Make it work for you.
Pros
They pay for you to take classes at the college and other schools
Cons
Pay
Thomas Nelson is a great learning experience for me.
lab assistant (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 23, 2016
This is a very fun and learning experience for me. I get to use the computers and the Wi-Fi at the school. There is a great gym here that I have worked out in plenty of times. The staff here is so amazing and supportive. If I need anything I can go to them for help. They are always willing to help with no hesitation.
Pros
Great food
Cons
Short break
Friendly Environment and excellent work experience
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Communication, Humanities, and Social SciencesOctober 5, 2015
Enjoyable and fun place to work. Plenty to learn about the diversity of different people and how everyone correlates with one another. It's a wonderful learning experience as a current student, as it helps with maintaining my school work and personal life while assisting others in need.
Pros
Lovable working environment and pleasant individuals
Cons
Large amount of traffic and not enough individuals to assist
Productive & great place to work.
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 6, 2012
Productive company . I enjoyed working at Thomas Nelson Community College. I learned alot.