Thomas Petroleum Employee Reviews

If you dont need sleep go for it
Transporter/Helper (Former Employee) –  Robstown, TXFebruary 20, 2018
I left because the average day was a 12 hour shift preceded by a 2 1/2 hour drive to the work place in a crowded van followed by the same drive back. My last day there I was required to drive a shuttle van to a job site only a couple hours earlier and nearly crashed 30 minutes from town.

Before that I was required to go into the work environment without proper personal protective equipment. some of which detect harmful gasses that are not detectable by humans.
Pros
ability to make a good paycheck
Cons
no breaks, long hours, poor working conditions
A good Company
Fuel and Lubricant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 8, 2018
no. I do not wish to do this...I left this company in 2014. There is nothing I would say adverse about them. I left the company due to family issues, Nothing more.
Weekly Pay
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJanuary 3, 2018
The job is OK at best, If you Love to be Mico Managed this is the place for you. You will be forced to travel in horrible road conditions, Poor Management. No Communication. You will be Belittled.
Pros
6 day pay period
Cons
Too much to list
Good
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 30, 2017
Driver that fueled out on the fracsite. Make sure all equipment stay topped off at all times. Transferred fuel from tank to truck. Conduct a safety meeting
Very good job, enjoyed working there
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Robstown, TXSeptember 2, 2017
It was a great job to work at, but it just didn't last. I got laid off due to the oil field going down. But i learned alot there and liked all the people i worked with. That was a good company to work for.
Pros
Free lunches, always real good to there employees
Cons
Got laid off
Stay far away
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJuly 12, 2017
Management Sux
will force you to come to work even if the roads are bad, Heaven forbid if you call in sick, you will get put on the worst run to perform.
No room for Advancement.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
full of lies
Great high paying job.
Fuel Specialist / Frac Hand (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 24, 2017
Loved my years at thomas petroleum made a lot of money. Very demanding physically and mentally. supervisors were great. Stayed out of town constantly with few to none days off.
Pros
High paying
Cons
Never home.
Terrible place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCMarch 14, 2017
Poor management, double standards, broke HR laws, unfair treatment, verbally abusive manager, and poor pay.

Will never recommend a person to work here.
you have no time to play ping pong.
Mechanic Helper (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMarch 3, 2017
inspecting trucks and repairing them before they hit the road .that some driver can brake their truck so they do have to go out on the road,and manage ment sucks they think theyknow everything but they dont know boo,not being able to get the parts you need to fix the truck with,when you can get the parts to fix the trucks with and it works after you put the parts on.
Pros
knowing that we have a service or 2 do .
Cons
oil change superearly in the morning or after we get off from work
This was a good place to work and see regular customers everyday,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Helena, ARFebruary 21, 2017
Though this place has changed since I worked there I did love my job and my customers. I looked forward to work most days it got me away from home. Loved seeing the kids come in and buy their own candy with a handful of change. I used to stock the coolers make tea, coffee, and pizzas. On the weekends I had to run registrar, make breakfast, make pizzas, stock cooler, check stock in our store, and once a month I had to clean all the walls and counted in the front half of the store. I learned to add new lottery books in the registrar, and change gas prices.
Pros
Discounted lunch
Cons
Drug test failing for marijuana
Not much to say
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXFebruary 14, 2017
Working hours are always changing. No confirmation or commitment from management or other employees. Too much management/employee favoritism.
Good Job with Great People
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXJanuary 3, 2017
I wish I could of stayed at this job longer. It was a great experience that taught me a lot of beneficial skills for the workplace. A typical day included greeting customers, answering phones, dispatching drivers, updating the delivery board, creating and printing driver's tickets, inventory control, organizing documents, creating or updating spreadsheets, etc.
Pros
Free lunch occasionally, free coffee, fun people to work with
Cons
Busy Busy BUSY!
Loved our company
Dispatcher/Customer Service/executive assistant (Former Employee) –  Damascus, ARSeptember 8, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. Management was great, benefits were great and the employees were wonderful people to work with.
Miss Thomas
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMay 13, 2016
Great company. Merged and now the culture is gone.The new identity will be played out. So far not that great. Most of the people have been laid off including me. Very few original people.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Management very divided
Trained to be the best in the buisness
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Damascus, ARApril 29, 2016
Although Thomas Petroleum has now merged with another company, my origins started with TP. I was trained to understand that we do not tell the customer no. That accountability was necessary to make us all better. Safety was always first, last in everything we do. Although it was excruciating at times, that was because of the growing and stretching I did as a manager and person in the oil field. I will always owe my strong base of training due to Thomas Petroleum. I love and miss everyone from that group.
Pros
Strong accountability, room for advancement, safety minded.
Cons
Work load is heavy
Get the job done.
Pilot Thomas Logistics (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 10, 2016
When I started it was all about getting the job done. The people in lead positions talked about safety but didn't walk it. Trainers where the worse ones they did not follow DOT regulations. Lead mechanics would not want to fix trucks and would give you an attitude about having to do something.
Pros
Good money
Cons
lots of poeple trying to get you fired
A great place over all
Driver Fueler (Former Employee) –  Robstown, TXJanuary 8, 2016
worked hard sometimes too hard but it was worth it. The hardest part was the changes from the merger and all the supervisor changes .

its not an easy job for anyon much less a female but I was always treated with repect.
Pros
Coworkers, catering, they supplied uniforms
Cons
all year all wether sometimes short handed
3 Star
Office Manager- All receptionist duties (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LADecember 23, 2015
Enjoyed my job and manager along with all employees.When a sight manager was brought in he was very outspoken about different races and also played favoritism with drivers to that effect
Pros
The actual job
Cons
The prejudice and discrimination
Strict Guidelines, Locked Doors, No windows
Senior Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXDecember 14, 2015
Busy work schedule. No windows or natural light, always under key pad lock. Favoritism played roll in managerial choices and other situations.
Work was great before the merger
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 22, 2015
I absolutely loved working here before the merger. After the merger the morale of the company went down as well. No support from HR when issues arise with upper management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomas Petroleum. Our community is ready to answer.