Thompson Construction Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and Competitive
Can hauler (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCApril 26, 2018
It is a great place to work. You must have speed and time management and must be able to fulfill duties. It has its pros and cons however it is enjoyable.
Relaxed atmosphere
Site Lead at Becton-Dickinson (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 2, 2018
The company treats all employees with respect, will without a doubt go to bat for their people no matter the circumstances. I will recommend to anyone.
poor place to work at needs better leaders
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCMarch 22, 2018
Had to be the worse job I ever had in my carrer of electrical. No leadership. No morals for anyones believes or decisions made by any manger. Dont know how they have a company.
Pros
Cons
everything
Fun workplace but busy
SAP Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 20, 2018
Medium Stress as it is a fairly paced environment yet work is manageable if time management is sufficient. Learned how to supervise employees, how to work with SAP UEP, how to work in a corporate atmosphere, how to plan for months ahead. Hardest part of the job is accommodating so many outside constituents. Most enjoyable part of the job is the culture and people.
I enjoy working with Thompson
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 18, 2018
Learned a lot at my job great attitude from all employees even working with the plant employees they have great benefits great atmosphere they help you when you need help with anything
Competitive company to work for
Iron Worker (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMarch 14, 2018
Supervision is understanding, knowledgeable
Esay to get alone with,flexible with time off etc.
Very good safety standards and very good team
Appreciation programs
Great Job
Painter (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 28, 2018
The job was a temporary shut down that lasted a minimum two weeks. The employer expected fast accurate performance and it was delivered by the employees.
was a construction job
Pipefitter in roughing mill (Former Employee) –  Mobile County, ALFebruary 25, 2018
was a standard construction job. We was building steel plant in Alabama. I was pipefitter and welder on piping and machines going into plant. Was a good job.
Productive and great chances for advancement
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARFebruary 7, 2018
Thompson is a fun and productive place to work. I like the fact that there is no one constantly over your shoulder so you are free to complete task unencumbered.
Pros
Cons
Assignments can be too short.
mediocre
Manager (Former Employee) –  USJanuary 29, 2018
pretty standard construction company. Lots of nepotism, poorly trained managers and lack of respect for anyone who is on their tools. In a bind they are okay but not a career.
Very professional company
Construction Worker/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Coldwater michiganJanuary 20, 2018
I wpuld reccomend this job to anybody very professional place to work very careing an ready to work employees leaders an co workers everybody ahows up on time they know exactly what has ro ne done if they are not sure thhey make aure they find a leader or somebody that has been there for awhile to figure out what they need to do
Very good company to work for
Journeyman Pipe fitter (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 17, 2018
very good company to work for hated to see the job come to an end. Very relaxed and good people to work with. worked with good people and hard workers.
Pros
They show appreciation by buying us lunch some days
Cons
there are no cons
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAJanuary 8, 2018
Loved working construction building stuff being with people who worked there was easy to drive to the job. All the people in charge was nice an respectful
Pros
Got to build
Good place
Instrumentation/Controls Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Moore, SCJanuary 4, 2018
Company as a whole is a great group of people, I have worked with them before and had a great experience. There was one man that worked there that just needs to figure out how to treat people and learn what a leader really is. Mr. Thompson and his management team are great though. I enjoyed the time I worked for them too.
Stressful
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 26, 2017
Stressful work environment constant pressure to get jobs done great safety personnel and safety cases yearly Christmas party attendance rewards programs and terrible medical insurance.
Cons
Short breaks
good enviroment
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Revere, MANovember 19, 2017
Learned a lot from a well trained staff, great working environment. Opportunities for growth are limitless. very motivational crew and company. love this company
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
The managers suck, they don't help with anything and they are always talk w 2 toungs
Fueler/Washer (Former Employee) –  Charleston SCNovember 15, 2017
They talk a good game but in the end they will not hold there end of the deal and they will try to get you out the door after 90 days watch your back.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Benefits high
Stressful work environment, with constant unneeded pressure from the client.
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 8, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Thompson and loved the people that reported to me. The culture was difficult to manage because of the turnover rate. Constant retraining and pressure applied by the client caused low morale and a hostile work environment. The thing I enjoyed the most about my job was watching my reports succeed and become leaders for our company.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Management by fear
Thompson Construction Group
Project Controls Manager (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCNovember 7, 2017
TCG could be an amazing place to work. I can tell at one time it was, but growing pains are heavily impacting this company. In an effort to staff jobs, they have hired numerous people who are grossly under-qualified. If the upper management would take the time to do 360 evaluation on their employees and themselves, they would realize they have some amazing underutilized assets that are pulling the weight of the grossly under-qualified

This poor management will lead to the loss of some of their best people. These people care deeply about the company, but will not risk their own personal integrity for the company.
Pros
Wonderful benefits
Cons
Poor management
Management not helping employees
Insulator Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCNovember 7, 2017
The client we worked for done away with my craft.Me and 4 others were terminated.Not offered placement on another jobsite so we could continue with our benifits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thompson Construction Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.