Thompson Construction Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Electrical Foreman over start-up (Former Employee) –  Darlington SCSeptember 11, 2018
I wouldn't recommend the guys to anybody. Your just a number. Sorry management, leadership and very very cutthroat. Just a one stop shop company. No place to stay and advance.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Everything else
Thompson is great place to work.
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCAugust 19, 2018
Thompson provided me with great hours and support with a wonderful work environment. I had a part time position that provided me with the balance I needed for my family.
Wonderful
Top Helper/ Welder/ Operator (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJuly 25, 2018
This is a good company to work for, but everyone is super competitive... Wages are good too based off of experience but also plenty of room to advance.
Instrumentation Technician
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 20, 2018
It was a fairly decent place to work, however I have been worse places! Management were cordial and respectful! The pay was ideal, but it was the going rate for technicians
Fast paced environment
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Racquette Point Road, Hogansburg NY 13655July 17, 2018
I enjoyed the fast paced and long days working at Thompson Construction. There was never a slow day, and I enjoyed being busy. I never called out or never was late for work in my 25yrs with this company. One thing I didn't like is never getting a paid vacation or time off and never received overtime $$.
Pros
Work
Cons
no healthcare, vacation, sick time
Fun work place
Technician (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, SCJune 25, 2018
Its a good place to work just it was part time.if you want a job there you I suggest that you to be ready to work and travel. Be on time and bring ppe
hard work in all types of climates
vacum/water blaster (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNJune 18, 2018
It's not a bad place to work jus travel can get old and the hights and tight man holes can be a lil scary at first loved my bosses tho really good guys
Pros
travel pay and perdem
Cons
hot weather cold warther job still got to be done
Productive and Competitive
Can hauler (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCApril 26, 2018
It is a great place to work. You must have speed and time management and must be able to fulfill duties. It has its pros and cons however it is enjoyable.
Great people hard work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, OHApril 13, 2018
Not for the weak or someone with fears of tight spaces and heights. But the pay is great and I've never met someone you can't get along with. Highly recommend this company as well as their competitors.
working hard, and having fun after
Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 6, 2018
A snow at Thompson Industrial outside working at a plant, I had to learned that you have to grow up and be a man don't work around this type environment. But one thing about Thompson Industrial Service you working round people that's not just going to let you do something you not used to doing, because they going to explain first. If you don't pay attention and ask question that would make the job hard, you can end up getting hurt, hurting others, or death. So its really not a hard part, and the most enjoyable part at Thompson after a long day work, everyone leave work safely, and we go back to hotel to BBQ, etc things like that.
A great atmosphere to work in
Tool Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 4, 2018
The day started as jobs where assigned. I learned about safety gear and PPE. I learned about confined space entry and related equipment. The variety of people was a constant change as per job. the hardest part was emergency call in jobs. Working with all the people
Pros
Freedom to do your job
Cons
Emergency call in jobs at all different hours
Relaxed atmosphere
Site Lead at Becton-Dickinson (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 2, 2018
The company treats all employees with respect, will without a doubt go to bat for their people no matter the circumstances. I will recommend to anyone.
think it's a good plce to work.
Supervisor and Equipment Transportation (Former Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LA 70776March 30, 2018
You can and will take care of your family by working there. and the people are great ,I missed my time there and would love to go back and my pay was good ,I worked and traveled with the company to bring on new business.
Pros
Cons
good people
Stressful work place
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 29, 2018
If benefits and a fit schedule becomes available it would be a dream job. Time away from your family is going to be a hassle. The type of work being performed is very dangerous. The job can take you to places and cities you never would go. The co workers are outstanding but stress cause bad relationships on your team
Pros
Travel
Cons
Hours of work
poor place to work at needs better leaders
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCMarch 22, 2018
Had to be the worse job I ever had in my carrer of electrical. No leadership. No morals for anyones believes or decisions made by any manger. Dont know how they have a company.
Pros
Cons
everything
It's construction so it doesn't last
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 21, 2018
Working construction, jobs are only temporary until it's finished. I chose this professional career at the time because I had a family to support. Job paid well
Pros
Great money
Cons
Working long hours
Fun workplace but busy
SAP Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 20, 2018
Medium Stress as it is a fairly paced environment yet work is manageable if time management is sufficient. Learned how to supervise employees, how to work with SAP UEP, how to work in a corporate atmosphere, how to plan for months ahead. Hardest part of the job is accommodating so many outside constituents. Most enjoyable part of the job is the culture and people.
I enjoy working with Thompson
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 18, 2018
Learned a lot at my job great attitude from all employees even working with the plant employees they have great benefits great atmosphere they help you when you need help with anything
Summary
Water Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 15, 2018
A very fast paced and harsh enviroment to work in. I learned a variety of skills and tactics of doing things in which I still carry with me today.Great management.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Competitive company to work for
Iron Worker (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMarch 14, 2018
Supervision is understanding, knowledgeable
Esay to get alone with,flexible with time off etc.
Very good safety standards and very good team
Appreciation programs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thompson Construction Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.