Thompson Creek Window Company Employee Reviews

Claims to be a great place to work but it is all false, they only care about ripping off their customers and training you how to do it.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 14, 2019
not great people, they profess to be good to work for but all they really do is rip off customers by telling them they will do a better job than anyone else and charging more than anyone else and really doing less for the customers.
Work life balance
CP (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDAugust 12, 2019
Thompson creek is one of the best places to reward its employees with great work and life balance. I enjoy working at Thompson Creek because of the friendly culture.
August 15, 2019

Thank you so much for your feedback and your commitment to our values here at Thompson Creek.

What a great company!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDAugust 1, 2019
I love this company and am so glad to be here. It is rich with employees from all different cultural backgrounds and experience levels. There are fun breaks for ping pong or hoops and more, as well as a couple of big events during the year - Fishapalooza and a great holiday party. There is competition and you are expected to work hard and deliver results, but you go home at the end of the day knowing you accomplished a lot and feel good about yourself. No wonder it wins awards as a great workplace.
This place doesnt seem to be working out for anyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJuly 29, 2019
Day by day, things just seem to get worse at Thompson Creek. Every department...sales, even HR, Project Coordinating, Warehouse has issues which are constantly leading to people getting fired or quitting the company in less than 6 months! There are some employees that have been there for a long time but everyone else is always new. Something is terribly wrong. I left in less than 6 months and since then I have heard that over 40 others quit this company. I would recommend if you are not employed and desperate for work. There is no growth here, no raises and there is a lot of political, drink the kook-aid, slightly racist stuff going on there.
August 5, 2019

Thanks for your feedback. We are proud of the tenure of many of our employees, and, yes occasionally some are not the right fit. We are a company that thrives on personal accountability, teamwork, supporting one another and a "can do" attitude. There are plenty of opportunities for growth, but you have to be willing to put in the work and focus on a great customer experience, and how you can contribute in a positive way.

It's Alright.
SERVICE/PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJuly 25, 2019
There are many positions within the company. Things vary by position. I worked 2 separate positions. The 2nd position I had to strongly chase after. Even with all my hard work and someone as a work reference, they still tried to low ball me with pay. There is much work to be done and you can gain some skills you wouldn't expect, but this is not the place for growth. Slightly hard to stem out.
Very team oriented great environment to work
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 24, 2019
Everyone is rooting for you to do great. If you work hard you will reap all the benefits that’s for sure. You do a lot of driving but you interact with many people and it’s super fun
August 15, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and for your hard work and effort. You are right, we ask our employees to work and put in effort, but they are well-rewarded for the effort. Glad you enjoy it here!

Amazing company
Field Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 6, 2019
I worked at the new VB branch, everyone is extremely professional and goal oriented, training is always ongoing and management is always down to earth and realistic. The amount of care that goes into everyday in the company is staggering. You will meet some of the nicest people here and secure your financial future in the process. Always room for promotions. Only reason I left is because of moving out of state. If you get a position here you will not want to leave.
August 15, 2019

Thank you for your comments and for your appreciation of our values and work ethic at Thompson Creek! All the best to you in your future endeavors and please check back if things change!

I would not recommend pursuing a career at Thompson Creek
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJune 4, 2019
This company is long on promises and short on strong long-term opportunities. Entry-level positions are ok. some mid-level management opportunities exist, however stable long term employees at the company are very rare.
Pros
pay is dependable
Cons
treated with mistrust, no attempt to keep valuable employees.
June 10, 2019

Sorry to hear you did not find the role fulfilling. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Productive Work Enviroment
Sales Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDMay 16, 2019
Interactive and busy work environment. Enjoy talking to friendly customers and being able to fulfill their needs. Flexible work schedule. Playing work related games.
Pros
Long lunch, Bonuses
Cons
Na
May 29, 2019

Thank you for your comment and please know we appreciate your loyal service to TCWC!

June 10, 2019

Thank you for your comments and your effort and loyalty to Thompson Creek Window Company the great company it is!

Fun workplace with a lot of benefits
Sales Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDMay 16, 2019
Thompson Creek is a great place to work at, management is very easy to get along with and very understanding. All of the employees are great to work with and everyone gets along.
June 10, 2019

Thank you for your positive review and your effort in making this the rewarding workplace that it truly is!

May 29, 2019

Thanks for your positive feedback! We do our best to live up to our award-winning reputation as a top workplace.

Not secure for most people
Office (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDMay 15, 2019
It wasn’t the greatest place to work. But it wasn’t the worse. Job security is low. They let a lot of people go with no warning a couple of years ago.
Pros
Holiday parties and Employee Functions. Fish Palooza
Cons
Work/Life balance. Job security
May 29, 2019

Thank you for your review. We do expect a lot from our employees and are an award-winning workplace that many would like to join.

Unorganized. Every customer wants to sue
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDApril 27, 2019
Have you ever worked at a place that is so relaxed on the rules and regulations that it’s stressful? I didn’t believe it existed until I worked for Thompson Creek.
No training. Answering the phone was managements priority, not providing the caller with accurate information. Phone ringing as soon as you hang up with the last customer. Every customer is angry. Glorified call center. Ever wonder why you get a different answer each time you speak to a customer service rep? NO TRAINING.
I take pride in doing my job well. If the tools aren’t provided to proficiently do your job; customers get angry (I don’t blame them). Customer service is a big deal to me and you can’t provide good service if you don’t know the service you’re providing.
**All the new hires (about 20 of them when I started) over heard hiring managers say ‘we just need bodies’ and they did because the turnover in this place is for the books.
Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere!
May 29, 2019

Thank you for your comment. It is unfortunate you were unable to enjoy working here. Many others do and we are recognized as a top workplace for that reason.

a typical day at work
windows assembler (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDApril 5, 2019
Very unprofessional mostly of the times,
Very stressful and It is not a great place to work,
One of the main floor's manager(in the assembly floor) change his mind every 5 mins regarding the job and because of that, time, material and labor its wasted making it start over all the same batch and then they rush everyone because of that
May 29, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience working at TCWC.

Field Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maryland marchetvilleMarch 20, 2019
They hired too many people that weren’t all about the job which was frustrating when some people on your team didn’t meet its goal. We always had team goals we had to meet and it would always be like 4 of us out of 10 doing everything getting all the sets so we had to try harder because we knew our peers wouldn’t meet the expectations .
May 29, 2019

Thank you for your review and for the effort you put into your role here at TCWC.

Hard but great experience
Field Marketer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 12, 2019
Gained a lot of experience in the field talking to random homeowners house after house. It really is hard to start the first couple days but after it gets easier. It trains you not to get down on yourself after one bad experience.
Pros
experience gained
Cons
worked in freezing temperatures in rain
May 29, 2019

Thank you for this good review. Field Marketing is a challenge, you are right, and it sounds like you had a good mindset for it. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

Poor management and stressful/toxic work environment
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDFebruary 2, 2019
Manager was very unprofessional at times, especially if your production was low. Instead of helping you grow management would constantly berate you with insults along with creating policies aimed at punishing you for low production. This job taught me how to communicate better but the culture was so toxic that talk of quitting was common among employees. Management would refuse to give a fifteen minute break if employees ate during work.

Typical day at work included meeting up at designated spot (usually a parking lot) and heading out to neighborhoods to canvass in. You're either sent alone or with a coworker depending on the manager's preference. You have a fifteen minute break after about 2 hours of knocking.
Cons
15 min break (no food allowed), poor management
May 29, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. Field Marketing is a tough role and offers some valuable life lessons and a great deal of challenge. Many succeed and go on to enjoy successful careers here at Thompson Creek. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

not for me
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJanuary 16, 2019
I was hired to go knock on doors in different neighborhoods everyday and we had to memorize a 5 minute pitch to tell them. I started to feel uncomfortable knocking on peoples doors with unsolicited offers to give them a free estimate. If you are a salesman this could be a good job for you, you can make decent money.
May 29, 2019

Thank you for your review of the role as Field Marketer. It is a challenging position and not for everyone. For those who succeed, though, it is a really lucrative job. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Buen clima de trabajo pero malos jefes
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJanuary 15, 2019
El trabajo es bueno pero no es necesariamente perfecto bajo salario muy poco respeto de algunos jefes hacia los trabajadores y además de eso no hay futuro en un trabajo que no te dan oportunidades
Pros
Nada
Cons
Don freddy
May 29, 2019

Multumim pentru feedback-ul dvs. Avem oportunități de dezvoltare a carierei și mulți dintre angajații noștri au profitat de promovarea noastră din filosofie pentru a se muta în alte roluri și departamente. Mult noroc pentru tine în eforturile tale viitoare.

(Thank you for your feedback. We do have career development opportunities and many of our employees have taken advantage of our promote from within philosophy to move into other roles and departments. Good luck to you in your future endeavors.)

Laid back work environment
Field Marketer (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJanuary 15, 2019
Learned many interpersonal skills by walking door to door and interacting with potential customers. Would knock four hours per day on weekdays and five hours per day on weekends.
May 29, 2019

Thank you for your comment and for your effort in contributing to Thompson Creek's success as a company. Good luck in your future endeavors!

Stressful
Manager (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDDecember 12, 2018
Very stressful. It is suppose one of the best places to work. Not true. Only certain were asked to participate in the survey. It is not a great place to work. They should use an outside auditor for the truth about working there.
Pros
People were friendly
Cons
Long hours, under paid and under appreciated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thompson Creek Window Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Thompson Creek Window Company Reviews by Location