Thompson Creek Window Company Employee Reviews

It's gave me skills to advance
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJune 4, 2018
This is a company not meant for longevity but if you're willing to work the opportunities are there. Like many organizations the bottom line is money.However the family culture and bonds make it a pleasant place to be even amidst chaos. It was a great experience for me to make lifelong connections, get management training and mature as a leader. It was not always enjoyable but I would not change the experience
Good job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDApril 11, 2018
overall workout lifting windows created a system to make easier nice group of guys to work with pay was decent for me at the time no complaints and close to home
Team leader, marketing manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 28, 2018
Thompson creek is an amazing place to work. Insane pay , relaxed days you have to work. And hours work great if your in college. As a Field Marketer I had a chance in only two weeks 5 days a week working for 6 hours each day to make $1600 (before taxes) after the 10 days working. This job is by far the best job I have ever had and I promise you, you wouldn’t be making a mistake by becoming a field marketer espiecially now that it’s becoming spring. Absolutely amazing!
Pros
Chill hours, great pay, great management
Great Company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDMarch 27, 2018
TCW is a great company with many different cultures within the organization. They have plenty of work year-round, as business does not slow down – which makes for great job security but heavy workload. In addition, my co-workers are great and really enjoy doing things together. And compensation is great!
Pros
Continuous growth, great compensation, provided company vehicle and great co-workers
Cons
Heavy workloads, different treatment between in-house and field staff, becoming too corporate
Challenging but strong team approach levels the load and creayes winning environment.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDMarch 27, 2018
You are encouraged to be successful. Supportive management and fellow employees are keys to success in your day-to-day. Fun work environment with a great product to sell, install and service. A rewarding position is here for those who are serious about their performance and enjoy being part of a winning team.
Pros
Feeling appreciated by other team members and supervisors.
Cons
Field positions don't have as much opportunity to enjoy the fun stuff at the company locationa
Positive atmosphere, heavy workload
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MD 20706March 24, 2018
Working at TC is a labor of love. You work hard; you drive to company-generated leads (2-3 per day), and you provide demonstrations to complete strangers who may or may not buy your product. Your commission is based on whether or not they buy that day and the products that are purchased. If you do well, the pay, benefits, and atmosphere are wonderful. If you don't sell, you're gone.
Tc is a fun place to work and an even greater place to build social relationships
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDMarch 21, 2018
Tc is a great place to work. The company is fun, offering company events such as the infamous fish-a-Palooza and the holiday party as well as the march madness festivities.

The people are excellent and fun as well.

We are currently expanding into new markets which is amazing and exciting which offers new positions and job opportunities.

The coolest thing of all is when the company does well, we employees do well. They offer bonuses and even provide lunches when we break records.
Pros
Culture: company parties, luncheons, the people, new facilities
Cons
The hours
Apply Today...really
Factory Representative (Current Employee) –  LanhamMarch 9, 2018
This started as a temporary job in my mind, but the culture of the company kept me there. If your want to sell and know that your customers are well taken care of, this is the place.

Integrity is everything here and they are good to their employees as well as our customers. Are we perfect? No. Do we stand by everything we do? YES

I'm a single Mom and they work with me on my family needs. Sales is HARD. It's a lot of driving, but it feels good to solve customers problems.

We are expanding, they promote from within and they are fair. We have some technology upgrade needs, but it's only growing pains.
Pros
Food, fun, advancement
Cons
For outside sales, long hours
Fun enviorment, amazing people
Project Coordinator/Manager (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDFebruary 25, 2018
The creek is an amazing place to work for, and I absolutely love the people I work with. The entire company is like one big family. TC is the company where all employees work hard and play even harder. Our company events are always amazing, and the company has various activities throughout the year to keep work fun and exciting. Throughout my career here, no matter the challenge or the obstacle, we all come together to exceed all goals. All of my mangers and colleagues have invested in my growth and development, really making this a career/home for me. I couldn't ask for a better company to work for.
Pros
Culture, flexibility, teamwork, opportunity for growth, events
Cons
System can take some time to master
Great environment where satisfying customers is first and foremost
Management (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDFebruary 13, 2018
My typical work day allows me to meet and engage with new people in their homes. Challenges include selling them on the Thompson Creek culture and ensuring they feel confident in the lifetime relationship that we will share. I have learned many things related to the industry. The company is very good about providing continuing education.
Pros
Great co workers, fun envioronment
Cons
Becoming too corporate. Too many rules and regs.
Fun but demanding
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 12, 2018
Outside sales requires a lot of driving but allowed for independence and freedom. Doing well makes you feel great but when things aren't going your way it can be stressful. 30% closing rate required to be maintained which seems high but is an obtainable goal.
Pros
Independence
Cons
long days with lots of driving
Excellent all around
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDFebruary 12, 2018
People come to work at Thompson Creek because of the reputation, but they stay because of the culture. The people help make this job exciting and you'll look forward to going to work everyday. I've grown tremendously with this company over the last 3 years, and there's a clear defined path for me to continue moving up within the company. Upward Mobility is one of the largest advantages for myself. The job can be time consuming at times, but it always pays off and I'm a firm believer that you get what you put into a job.

They provide a top notch training experience which will benefit anyone from the candidate with zero experience ranging to the veterans who have done this their entire life. It doesn't just stop once you graduate the training class, they're great about continuing that training throughout your career to keep you sharp and help everyone continue to improve.

As a sales rep, you'll do a bit of driving, ranging from 50-200 miles a day, sometimes more and sometimes less. The benefit is you're capable of making well over $100k in your first year.

Success in this role is directly tied to the work you put into the job, which is another advantage of working here. They're vertically integrated and are in the process of expanding across the country, so there's a LOT of opportunity within the company!

I could go forever, but Thompson Creek is a great option for anyone looking to learn and grow in their career.
Great sales experience
Assistant team leader (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 6, 2018
Great work environment, great sales experience with management opportunities. good culture within the company, pay and benefits are also a nice perk in this company.
Pros
Discounts, Sales experience
Cons
work outside
make your difference at the Creek!
GM of Sales (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDFebruary 6, 2018
Thompson Creek is a truly unique place to work. I would not even call it work, we are like a family working towards a common end goal to make our customers HouseProud. That is a coin termed by the owner of our company and we live it out daily. Focused on customer service and manufacturing our own windows we have a dynamic, hard working, motivated team that gets things done and done right! We recognize and celebrate success, massive opportunities for growth and more money if you work hard and have new innovative ideas. Perfect place to start out of college or if you are looking for a change in careers. Now is the time to join us as we are expanding. Never been more excited to work somewhere and seize every opportunity along the way. Our new office is also a very neat space that allows for collaboration, competition, and a higher productivity from all departments. I love Thompson Creek!
Pros
brand new office space, family like culture, rewards hard working employees, sales incentive trips, company parties, work-life balance is amazing!
Cons
maybe a pinball table in the chill zone?!?! not much to complain about at the Creek
fun and exciting
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDFebruary 6, 2018
great place to work at and awesome employees. great pay and work great around school hours. very flexible never had any problems working here. they care a bout you over all
Pros
free GYM
Fun environment. I enjoy coming to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDFebruary 6, 2018
Thompson Creek is a fun place to work. Each day is different. As we continue to grow, the pace gets faster, and I really enjoy that. I look forward to seeing my coworkers every day.
Pros
Team environment, new office space, easy commute
Cons
Benefits could be better.
Great place to make a career!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDFebruary 4, 2018
Thompson Creek has positioned itself as a pioneer in the home improvement business and has exciting opportunities for all team members. This company is growing fast and is continiously looking for people to take us to the next level. Applying at TCW was the best career move I ever made!
Pros
Competitive and fun.
Great Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDFebruary 4, 2018
Thompson Creek has the best work environment of anywhere I have been employed. Amazing culture, loyalty, teamwork, fun, and always striving for excellence. The beautiful new buildings are an added plus.
Amazing place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  4200 Parliament Place. Lanham MDFebruary 1, 2018
The culture at Thompson Creek is everything you could ask for. Thompson Creek works for you, you don't work for them. We are always looking for new and better ways to do things. We hold company events and parties thru out the year. It is a true team working towards one common goal.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Great culture with endless oppurtunity
Field Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDFebruary 1, 2018
I've been employed at Thompson Creek for almost 8 years. Their level of integrity and true concern for their customers and employees is amazing. They allow every employee to be part of a system that truly makes you proud and happy to go to work everyday while still enabling you to have a happy and fulfilling home life. Management encourages you to come up with new ideas that will help the greater good. Everyone in this company from the owner on down is accessible and always willing to address any of your concerns. If your looking for a great career with endless opportunity this is definitely a place you would want to work at !!
Pros
Honesty, Integrity, great overall culture
Cons
some days can be long

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thompson Creek Window Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Thompson Creek Window Company Reviews by Location