Thompson Health Employee Reviews

Great co-workers
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJune 2, 2019
Poor management, things went downhill once U of R took over. I enjoyed working with my coworkers that's the only thing that made it bearable. When things went bad with the higher-ups it trickled down to the clerical staff. The job was not hard they were very picky about how it should be done and there was no consistency. Everyone was overworked.They would not listen to our needs, they didnt care. I do not recommend them for employment.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Vacation freeze, Insufficient training though they will tell you different, only cared about their ratings, constantly walking on eggshells, very stressful environment.
Nutritional service associate (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYMay 10, 2019
It was a good place to work. I just left to enlist into the marines. It fit my schedule at the time to still have plenty of time to do my own things I wanted. Aside from that I wouldn’t have left
Pros
Flexible, great people
Cons
Not enough hours in a day
Fast Pace Hospital
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYMarch 29, 2019
Fast pace hospital. Requires confidentiality and patient care. Must be empathetic to vast variety of situations affecting patients. Must balance hospital budget vs. patient care which can be hard.
Overall, the work endured was very satisfying.
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYFebruary 14, 2019
Extremely busy, was in charge of a 24 room nursing home facility. I learned to clean extensively. It was extremely grueling. There was not enough help to maintain the nursing home floor.

The hardest part was the pace of cleaning was intense. Too much area to cover and not enough help.. The floor had to be passed by the State each year. It did pass.

The most enjoyable part was working with the elderly and the enjoyment of seeing them smile.
Pros
Working with the elderly.
Cons
Breaks too short.
Do not recommend
N/A (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYFebruary 10, 2019
I was hired and fell in love with my job, From day one I notice that one employee I met showed she did not like me. about a month in I was talked to her to squash the issue she had with me and for a while we were fine then she reverted back. She then decided to sabotage my position. Due to her actions I got suspended and wasn't allowed back for a couple days. In front of the HR my supervisor told me the job wasn't for me and I should look for another job. When I came back the supervisors tune completely changed to I want to keep you here. This employee didn't like that so she struck again. She lied to my supervisor and because I had been suspended they terminated me two days later. And AGAIN in front of HR supervisor talked down stating my employment was a mistake and that I surrender my badge and leave the premises. I would not recommend this company to anyone searching for employment.
Pros
Hours, Badge Charge System, Benefits
Cons
Management, Co Worker Maturity
Poor Management
Business Office (Former Employee) –  Business OfficeFebruary 2, 2019
I loved my job and my coworkers but was held back from advancement by management irregardless of experience or knowledge. Favoritism was a big issue. On the surface it appears the Thompson organization tries very hard to understand employee needs, desires, and job intentions, but direct supervisors hold the key to employee retention. Management does not practice the CARES values which are the moral compass of Thompson that employees are encoraged to follow.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Inflexible schedule, hostile management
Great coworkers but no support from upper Managment
EMT/Emergency Dept. Tech/Rep (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJanuary 25, 2019
I loved working here because of the people. Felt like a family with your day to day workers. Unfortunately felt the opposite with upper managment. Focused went aware from patient care to customer satisfaction.
Competitive and stressful environment
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYAugust 29, 2018
Constantly under the criticism of immediate supervisor on a daily basis - did not mentor or positively reinforce any of the skills I performed daily - inconsistencies with policies - worked only short period of time in the area I was actually hired for
Pros
enjoyed pt care skills I performed daily for the people I treated in the hospital
Cons
constant emphasis by managers on productivity numbers vs pt care
been a long time
Nutrition Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NY 14424August 19, 2018
Since i worked there, but it's making me review this place. just dont work here. Stressful environment, stressful people, often unsanitary depending
This was also a contract assignment
Ellen True / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJune 16, 2018
I loved working with these people. They were really great. Very funny, warm, and very inviting. I learned a lot here as well as all of the travel assignments that I worked.
Pros
great people
Cons
very small town
I enjoy helping our patients and really like my coworkers
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJune 12, 2018
Although I have enjoyed my years at Thompson Health, I feel it is time for a change. As well as a position closer to home.

I feel I have grown professionally and personally during my tenure. I feel I am more than prepared for a new endeavor.
Fun place to work
Utilization Management Clinical Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJune 8, 2018
Great people with strong management materials. The expertise i worked under was fantastic. The team worked well together and were very engaged in further development of career.

I left only for family reasons.
Pros
Great small environment, friendly
Cons
advancement slow
Great Place
Thompson Way Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYFebruary 12, 2018
Great people, great culture, good benefits. Family atmosphere. Employees are empowered to make changes. Great work/life balance. Thompson Health invests a lot into their employees.
Pros
culture
Cons
pay
Materials Management
Stockroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJanuary 23, 2018
Responsible for daily stocking of medical materials for patient care for ~200 bed facility, also requisitions for off-site doctor's offices and labs...
Pros
Fast-paced environment
Cons
Inflexible work schedule
have to love your work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJanuary 16, 2018
if you enjoy working with the elderly and those with dementia then being a CNA is for you. Great teammates and managers. Very fast paced work environment.
Pros
helping those who cant help themselves
Cons
always asked to do more then you can handle
Tough Place To Advance
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYDecember 20, 2017
The team I worked with at the time, worked very well together, we always tried to help each other out when we could. We relied on ourselves more than anything. Advancing was difficult for you needed very specific requirements, which were hard to obtain.
Awesome Work Enviroment
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYDecember 11, 2017
I enjoyed my job at Thompson Health it was a great place to work and they treated you with respect and tried to accommodate your needs as well as there own. It was like a big family... great place
Pros
being ablle to use your badge to do payroll deductions
Cons
short staffed
Excellent supportive community setting
Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJune 29, 2017
Thompson Hospital is an excellent hospital within the Canandaigua area. While dedicated to providing the best possible care for the community, Thompson also works to provide the best possible environment for their associates. It has been an honor to work for Thompson Hospital.
Great Place, Great Culture.... poor DON for management
Assistant Nurse Manager/Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJune 26, 2017
I loved my job at Thompson Health and would never have left had new management not taken over as the DON. The culture at Thompson is wonderful, they care about their employees as a company. It's just one person can have such a negative affect.
Lovely residents
personal care aide (Former Employee) –  canandaigua nyApril 6, 2017
This was my fist time working w/ the elderly and I enjoyed it very much,but the work environment was not very healthy due to the hostile Manager who would yell at the employees in front of residents and visitors.I was told this was normal,and I would have to get use to it.I STRONGLY disagreed w/ this so I had found another job where I am treated better.I was shocked that THOMPSON HEALTH will let this kind of behavior happen.
Pros
working w/ the elderly
Cons
Bad behavior from Manager