Thompson Health Employee Reviews

been a long time
Nutrition Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NY 14424August 19, 2018
Since i worked there, but it's making me review this place. just dont work here. Stressful environment, stressful people, often unsanitary depending
This was also a contract assignment
Ellen True / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJune 16, 2018
I loved working with these people. They were really great. Very funny, warm, and very inviting. I learned a lot here as well as all of the travel assignments that I worked.
Pros
great people
Cons
very small town
I enjoy helping our patients and really like my coworkers
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJune 12, 2018
Although I have enjoyed my years at Thompson Health, I feel it is time for a change. As well as a position closer to home.

I feel I have grown professionally and personally during my tenure. I feel I am more than prepared for a new endeavor.
Fun place to work
Utilization Management Clinical Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJune 8, 2018
Great people with strong management materials. The expertise i worked under was fantastic. The team worked well together and were very engaged in further development of career.

I left only for family reasons.
Pros
Great small environment, friendly
Cons
advancement slow
Great Place
Thompson Way Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYFebruary 12, 2018
Great people, great culture, good benefits. Family atmosphere. Employees are empowered to make changes. Great work/life balance. Thompson Health invests a lot into their employees.
Pros
culture
Cons
pay
Materials Management
Stockroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJanuary 23, 2018
Responsible for daily stocking of medical materials for patient care for ~200 bed facility, also requisitions for off-site doctor's offices and labs...
Pros
Fast-paced environment
Cons
Inflexible work schedule
have to love your work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJanuary 16, 2018
if you enjoy working with the elderly and those with dementia then being a CNA is for you. Great teammates and managers. Very fast paced work environment.
Pros
helping those who cant help themselves
Cons
always asked to do more then you can handle
Tough Place To Advance
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYDecember 20, 2017
The team I worked with at the time, worked very well together, we always tried to help each other out when we could. We relied on ourselves more than anything. Advancing was difficult for you needed very specific requirements, which were hard to obtain.
Awesome Work Enviroment
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYDecember 11, 2017
I enjoyed my job at Thompson Health it was a great place to work and they treated you with respect and tried to accommodate your needs as well as there own. It was like a big family... great place
Pros
being ablle to use your badge to do payroll deductions
Cons
short staffed
Excellent supportive community setting
Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJune 29, 2017
Thompson Hospital is an excellent hospital within the Canandaigua area. While dedicated to providing the best possible care for the community, Thompson also works to provide the best possible environment for their associates. It has been an honor to work for Thompson Hospital.
Great Place, Great Culture.... poor DON for management
Assistant Nurse Manager/Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJune 26, 2017
I loved my job at Thompson Health and would never have left had new management not taken over as the DON. The culture at Thompson is wonderful, they care about their employees as a company. It's just one person can have such a negative affect.
Lovely residents
personal care aide (Former Employee) –  canandaigua nyApril 6, 2017
This was my fist time working w/ the elderly and I enjoyed it very much,but the work environment was not very healthy due to the hostile Manager who would yell at the employees in front of residents and visitors.I was told this was normal,and I would have to get use to it.I STRONGLY disagreed w/ this so I had found another job where I am treated better.I was shocked that THOMPSON HEALTH will let this kind of behavior happen.
Pros
working w/ the elderly
Cons
Bad behavior from Manager
stressful
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYDecember 19, 2016
very stressful environment, pay is not suitable compared to other facilities, management is not ideal, benefits are reasonable
Fun place to work
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Ferris HillsAugust 31, 2016
Love the residents, a little too much drama in the kitchen...pay soso..paid time off is awesome!residents are awesome!
Good Place To Work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYAugust 10, 2016
Friendly staff are the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part is saying goodbye to residents that you are attached to. A typical day at work includes : Managing care for 42 residents and supervising Certified Nursing Assistants. Medication passing, order reconciliation, running reports, assisting with resident's activities of daily living. Training of new associates.
Pros
shift differential
Cons
unsafe working conditions
Autonomy
Cardiology Technician / Department of Cardiology (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYApril 5, 2016
I love my job and the team I work with: We have an extremely hard working group of people who truly care for people and patients which is extremely important to me. I love each and every patient we stress test in Cardiology! The culture at Thompson Health is very relaxed and comfortable. My leaders are incredible people and I have the utmost respect for them. I am thankful that I am able to work in such a wonderful environment with a great group of health care workers. It is a true blessing !! There is NO hard part: I am passionate for what I do: if there is hard part it is knowing someone is very sick and we have to react to the illness in a sensitive way with empathy and compassion.
Pros
Culture, Autonomy, Education and Leadership
Cons
Not much growth potential or Wage increases
Clark Meadows
personal care aide (Former Employee) –  personal care aideJanuary 22, 2016
Enjoyed working w/ the elderly however,did not enjoy working for the Manager who was hostile to the staff and the residents.Many staff members had quit while I was there do the AWFUL behavior of this Manager.There was no one to turn to so pretty much you had no choice to find another job.
Pros
Many hours but not enough staff.
Cons
hostile manager
Former employee(Ferris Hills)
pca (Former Employee) –  Ferris HillsAugust 27, 2015
Working w/ the elderly was great and rewarding,they become like family.The nursing staff made their own rules and push them onto the aides along w/ the manager.The manager will yell at employees in front of others,very unorganized,lovely facility,would not return to this job would recommend working at the hospital.
Great workplace however needs some work in the management department
Patient Care Tech. This (Current Employee) –  HospitalAugust 22, 2015
Loved my job and what I did, however I was not happy with managers playing the favorites game. I felt like when I really needed help there was never anyone to turn to.
Fast growing and paced
LPN (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua NYFebruary 24, 2015
I enjoy working with in the Thompson family and have grown myself.
I have learned to use Medent, T System and McKesson systems.
I have worked Urgent Care and the family practices.
Pros
Flexible schedules, accesibiltiy to management
Cons
Room for growth in position