Thompson Hospitality

Thompson Hospitality Employee Reviews

It was a job
I got the experience I was looking for. No more, no less. I learned that not everyone lives by the same ethics/moral standings that I do
Cons
ethics
Interactive, fun, productive surrounding; needs improvement in management.
Great place, but can improve management !
Student environment at college is great and communication is great.

food related, fast past.

exposure to food service related production

stocking required
Do not value you as an employee
Unfair working conditions, unprofessional administrions, high employee turnover, minimum wage and no benefits. Working for this company was not a good experience
Pros
Family owned business with a lack of family feel.
This company did not value me. They pay everyone very low. I did not enjoy working for this company. None of the people who worked here were friendly.
Bar Manager couldn't bar manage his way out of a paper bag
When we opened some of us were told we would get paid extra cash to make up for a new restaurant being slow. That happened for 2 days. Was paid under minimum wage and averaged anywhere from $6 to 37 in tips a shift. HR paid me back half of what they owed me but by then it wasn't even worth the wait or effort to pursue further. In the meantime owners sailing up to the restaurant to party on private Yacht while staff walking out with 20 dollars in cash lol.
Pros
Didn't really have a boss and did my own thing
Cons
underpaid
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Wasn't what I thought it would be
Overall, my experience was not fruitful financially, or progressively. The turnover rate to workload ratio is absolutely ridiculous, and completely disorganized. I would not recommend to someone seeking to grow.
Pros
Most coworkers were students and peers.
Cons
everything else.
Good place to learn and get experience.
Food prep and cooking for faculty, students, and staff.
Learned good prep skills for menu items; recipes and cutting skills.

Good work environment but poor prepping equipment and old cooking equipment.
Horrible company and managers
Not a good place to work based on my experience , employees are used and overworked , and based on how your supervisor or manager is feeling they
take it out on you
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Thompson Hospitality?
Inconsistent
They make changes frequently. If you don't adapt well to change and you aren't a fast learner this isn't the job for you.

It's a nice family work environment. You will love the job just cause of your coworkers.
N/a
Here I also serve food and i cook and clean for the student there, i do catering when it available or any work that they may need help in if people dont show up sometime I do the Lot and that's parking people when the college have games and ect.
Thompson hospitality
Thompson hospitality is a great place to work. I wish I could rewind time to be back Working there If I didn’t let the anger get the best of the year which was my fault and I know I was wrong. But the food service is definitely good one thing I love about that place is Thursdays Fried chicken dayIncluding our events when we have DJs coming through
Worst job ever!
Yoooo the management sucked. It's just as if he rolled out of bed EVERY morning with the intentions of running the business into the ground. He would always put the wrong people in charge. It was like working in "Holy Moly's Donut Shop" with the flies🤢🤣. WWF (not E) with the way employees would get handled by one another AND customers.
P.S.: I didnt even wanna give it 1 ⭐ but Indeed made me.
Pros
Food was decent if you made it yourself 👀
Cons
MANAGEMENT (Boosie voice)
Worst Job ever
This was the worst job of my professional career first off they had a Food Service Director who was doing so much stuff Stu u would not believe it’s sad. No to mention she and the Chef created a hostile environment! They did this for years until they were eventually fired. Even the other good mangers left the chef and Director because of the environment created! So much more I will choose to leave off . Now u would think they would hire a better replacement well little do they know they lady they have there now has very close ties to the previous director so it’s the same thing all over again! Just bad judgment and does not care of the well being of there employees! Run Run Run I’m telling u now
Pros
The students u server
Cons
Some good staff
They need to do better
Need to start caring about they employees more then they do cause at shaw university they dont seem to care just want to work you as much as they can.
Very nice place to work poor management
Thompson not a good company to work at poor management very unprofessional, rude. Employees are lazy very rude to the students and faculty. Management showed favoritism toward very few employees. Work environment were hostile at times and management ignore it.
I’m glad for the time I spent at TH, and I’m ready to start the next chapter of my life.
I gained a huge amount of retail knowledge from different coworkers throughout my time with TH. In the beginning I was blessed to be a part of a team that actually understood the concept of being a part of something greater than themselves. It was amazing. As time went on, people left for one reason or another, new people with new objectives came.
Pros
They will pay you a good wage.
Cons
They expect you to be at their beck and call for that good wage.
Horrible
Nasty company at current location feel bad for the customers and employees who goes into the establishment. Management is absolutely horrible , they keep losing accounts to unknown companies .
Company sucks
Don’t recommend anybody else work there , too many chiefs and not enough indians, nothing but lazy people running the show for this company and not having the best interest of the employees that they have
Pros
Employed
Cons
Not worth going to work
Busy and very productive place to work at.
This a very busy and fast place to work at. You will learn Alot of cooking skills that will profit your cooking skills. You will work under many professional Chiefs.
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Work at a busy place.
Food service
Great place to work, great co-workers. I like the job not cause of the job. But the people that I worked with made the job much easier to do. Good starll
Fun workplace and getting to interact with the students.
A typical day at work would be greeting customers, and conversing with them while taking their orders. Preparing their drinks and anything else they may need.
Pros
Discounts on your lunch/breaks
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thompson Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight