Thompson Hospitality Employee Reviews

Not what I was expecting
Cook (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 30, 2018
Basically the chain of command needs a lot of work they are unsympathetic to any of it’s employees and the way they treat them as well as the cleanliness of their work areas
Pros
Working with the students and providing them with good food
Cons
Belittling staff in front of others
Dysfunctional
Regional Executive Chef, Compass Group (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 29, 2018
In my opinion, Thompson Hospitality operated in a continuous dysfunctional manner on a daily basis that benefited neither the staff or the organization. I am glad that I had the opportunity to move on.
good second job
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNOctober 11, 2018
it is a good laid back job, but if you will like more hours and have better management you should go elsewhere. sometimes it goes by very quick. but i would like a job that will keep me busy so i can have more hours
Pros
free lunch, laid back
Cons
messy, not professional
Learn to say no
Executive Catering Chef (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 12, 2018
I was the executive catering chef. I left my position do to lack of staff, help and resources to do the job properly. When ask for help I was told it wasn't there and just to make it happen. As much catering as they do you can't even have a staff to back you up. It is always "just make it happen". I've worked catering before and it was nothing like this. They will make changes hours before there party adding stuff you don't have. The add on's was ridiculous with no sense of care to see if we could even do the party. I was also told by upper management when asked for staff that "it's not my problem". The catering department there is like a red headed step child. You get no help support resources nothing. So who ever they get now to do this job just expect you will be working by yourself most of the time.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Everything else
Learned how to work together as a team, washing dishes by yourself, some foul language,,
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Princess Anne, MDAugust 27, 2018
While working at Thompson Hospitality I learned how to work and communicate with others. Dish washing was okay at first but then it became to much. Working with my coworkers and their foul language habits it only made working harder for me because i found myself arguing back and almost getting into altercation with my co-workers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Poor management, they won’t give a raise. They hold our bonus checks
Swing/ Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Princess Anne, MDJuly 12, 2018
Sneaky management. They show a lot of favoritism. They try to work employees like slaves for nothing. Jobs that require 2 or 3 people the have just one person doing all the work.
Pros
A job
Cons
Rip you out of your money
Productive fast pace and easy going
Front desk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 7, 2018
My review to to psi on hospitality s that it was a very easy going place with great environment great people and also over organized center with wonderful management.
treated employees bad
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  MarylandJuly 4, 2018
I wouldn't recommend working here. They treat employees very poor and then they go by seniority and all the older people are evil and don't let you work at all.
You are only as good as your team
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Valley, GAJuly 1, 2018
My experience with this company is a fast pace and very professional environment. And always looking for employees with the quality for advancement. Thompson Hospitality if you are a hard worker is a good place to workers for.
Pros
Good customer service
Cons
Must work long hours some.
Prep Cook
Cook (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 11, 2018
Cool company to work for but can be cheat with employees benefits and compensation. I gain valuable experience in the culinary field just coming out of culinary school.
Bad company to work for
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Virginia State University, VAJune 4, 2018
stressful, could never keep good workers. work load was overwhelming . you get paid for 40 hours , company wants you to work 50 plus for management . GREAT PEOPLE BUT CORPORATE WANTED MORE AND MORE.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Too many hours
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 30, 2018
good time , great people, customers were always satisfied, nice productive work place, lots of happy people , great school to work at and attend, there was always something to do
Dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 8, 2018
I would prefer anyone at Norfolkstate Thompson hospitality the employees work as a team everything is very organized properly the management was great
Pros
Sanwhich
Cons
30 minute breaks
The hardest part of job
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMay 8, 2018
Working with Thompson was a great job, just a lot of turn over with food service director no major problem because every year was the same. I truly loved working with Thompson and look forward to one day working with another college food service.
it was a nice time
Culinary Innovator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 4, 2018
Good opportunity at Thompson . If the opportunity to work with Thompson presented its self again i would. most definitely consider the possibility....
Fun productive place to work with wonderful people
Line Cook and Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Institute, WVMay 1, 2018
A typical day at work for me starts a 2:30 pm I work nigh shift we don't usually get out till around 10:50 pm it stays pretty busy most of the day. I learned a food handling skills and correct temperatures how to be a good team member.
Pros
Free lunch
Fun work place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Farmville, VAApril 12, 2018
I like my job I enjoy the students. I don't have anything bad to say about Thompson. I'm a hard worker. I just want things to be fair and work around good people.
Pros
Nice
Cons
Some times no breaks
terrible company
Senior Utility/lead prep (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 12, 2018
poor management works aren"t respected nor treated fairly constantly short staffed due to call outs or miss scheduling. lack of communication between management and employees
It was a fast pasted job.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 7, 2018
I'm very grateful for the job opportunity but there was no room for advancement. I really like housekeeping I stay busy and I help others.. I really like helping other people.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Break when ever I wanted
Not worth the headache
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Howard UniversityMarch 11, 2018
I would only advise kids fresh out of high school or just entering the work world because that company and the way they operate are simply ridiculous. They simply took over the new contract and immediately took $4.00 from everyone's pay. For instance under Howard University my ending pay was $19.50 per hour Thompsons Hospitality took over and my pay was $15.50 per hour.... Soooo you do the math.