Thompson Pipe Group Employee Reviews

Unorganized
Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 17, 2018
All about production, and i think the supervisors dont care about employees, its just do what we told u even if we dont kno what to do ourselves, and i didnt like it
Pros
Sundays off
Cons
Had to work 2 sunday
Absolutely Terrible place to work. Upper management has created a hostile work environment.
General laborer (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 5, 2018
I cannot speak on behalf of all the TPG plants but I can speak about the Grand Prairie plant as I have been here for more then 5 years. I have been there two name changes and two buy outs. This plant use to be the American Dream had huge opportunity and great benefits with the most recent buy out and this plant becoming a TPG plant the employee moral has only gotten worse I have never seen moral so low. I personally lost quite a bit of Vacations hours they cut 3 paid holidays and that’s just the beginning. TPG hires new management that has turned this place hostile. Everyday people walk around in fear that they may lose their job for anything we are threatened to get suspended for not having our shirts tucked in. There is no training given and if you can’t perfomr the job that you weren’t trained to do the. Your job is threatened. You spend more time fighting to try and get the supplies you need then you should have too. They can’t give you a roll of duct tape but you better have your shirt tucked in because that’s more important then having the resources you need to do a good job. You are expected to use trash to complete the job a lot of the times. The management claims to care about safety and moral but we’ve had more accidents in the last year then any other time I can remember and it’s always the employees fault regardless of the supervisor telling you to do and threatening to fire you if you don’t. Everyone I’ve spoken to claims to be unhappy here and feels that management mistreats the employees I’ve even seen people get threatened for voicing this opinion. Bottom line  more... this company or this plant rather doesn’t care about its employees we are disposable to them. The turn over rate is unbelievable. You are expected to complete unreasonable expectations while the company doesn’t give you the resources to do it. The HR department is non existent you can’t find them they don’t answer their phone and if you happen to reach someone they never have an answer. Supervisors are responsible for doing HR work and I know of several employees who missed enrollment into benefits because Boone has any idea what’s going on. The schedule changes day by day you can work 8 hours one day 12 the next and then be sent home the day after that. You are expected to work Saturday and Sunday when they need you to but they don’t tell you until right before you leave the day before. It’s a mess nothing is organized. This place went from being the American dream something you could be proud of to a nightmare that I would not wish upon anyone. Break rooms are trashed out and located right next to septic tanks that are almost always over flowing as well. Enjoy your lunch. It’s always the people across the street who have no idea how the job is done dictating what you do. They spend 0 time at the plant making promises for the people that do the work to fulfill. Why we are working weekend and 60 plus hour weeks they are home enjoying their family.  less
Cons
The company need to work on there people skill
Welder / Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Alvarado, TXAugust 25, 2018
The department I work in was very disrespect sexist and races. I was really disrespect in my department I try to talk to management but it was never handle
Pros
Cons
being direspect
Terrible
Operator (Current Employee) –  TxJuly 24, 2018
Terrible company to work for, they don’t care about employees, low wages and machines always breaking down, they’re are all old and rusty. Dirty and dusty management is a joke. They have no idea what’s going on .
Pros
None what so ever
Cons
Pay, management
It's a job. Nasty chemicals and dust, Management could use improving but I did earn some much needed experience here
Electrician/ Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAJuly 1, 2018
They make a great product, I would definitely recommend the job to a maintenance hand that is just starting out and looking for experience. The mill was busy the entire time I worked there, and there wasn't many days off, and not many opportunities to take off.
Great plant, job. Horrible company.
Maintenance Technician II (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 20, 2018
The plant is great. The job is great. The management team has taken a great crew and ruined it. Tore us apart, enforced ridiculous rule, took away our raises, vacation, and freedom. They try to force 6-7 day weeks. Promise things then never deliver. Worst company I ever worked for.
Pros
All the overtime you could want and good benefits.
Cons
Management team is inexperienced. Dirty and load environment. Always exposed to the elements.
Fast paced, hard work.
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Railto CaliforniaMarch 28, 2018
A typical day in the Quality control department of Thomson Pipe Group consists of Sampling raw materials used to make the concrete and testing the concrete used to make the steel reinforced concrete pipe and steel reinforced concrete Box culverts.
Pros
Paid training.
Cons
Low wages
Too relaxed
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alvarado, TXOctober 25, 2017
Too relaxed. no direction for office employees and some take advantage of this. need feedback on work, training on all office duties, and some guidelines to follow for missing time.
Your day goes by fast
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAAugust 31, 2017
Thompson Pipe Group is a good company to work for and provides a fast paced work environment. I find myself always busy with something, which leads to the work day flying by. Room for growth, family oriented, business is business, and enjoyable. I feel challenged daily, but I go home with a sense of accomplishment every day.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
long work days
Great people
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alvarado, TXJuly 25, 2017
Great place to work, if you like the family feeling. They take care of their employees to the best of their abilities. Family first company. Nice and friendly people
Fast paced environment.
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAApril 18, 2017
This was a good stepping stone for myself and I learned a lot but I felt I was compensated unfairly. It was a very fun place to work and i met good friends there but I myself felt that I would not be able to advance in the company.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Unfair compensation and work hours
very nice place to work
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAFebruary 8, 2017
employees are realty appreciated, they always have cook outs for the employees, the HR manager is very understanding and is always willing to cooperate with anything that he can.
Was a real nice place to work till they changed management
Heavy Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 10, 2017
Its overall a decent company i woulnt make a carrer working there forever but its a good steeping stone. It just seems like there are two many chiefs and not enough indians.Everyone there means well.
Pros
Not very many
Cons
Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thompson Pipe Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9