Thompson Employee Reviews

Overseeing building after hours.
Control Officer (Security) (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 21, 2018
Monitoring CCTV, filling out payroll for staff. Tour building, looking for irregularities in the labs, boiler room and mechanical room. Maintaining fire panel.
Pros
Quit environment
Cons
Low pay
Do not work here
Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 15, 2018
This is the worst place that I have ever worked. If you have any morals, ethics, or decency, this is not the place for you. The atmosphere is set that you will have to steal, lie or backbite to succeed in even the lowest paying positions. I have never see a company that loves to mistreat its own employees. These are the most ruthless individuals that I have seen from the owner to the cooks.
Learning and Supportive volunteering workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALApril 17, 2018
I love helping and mentoring youth, so I happily volunteer every other Saturday at my local church in Opelika, AL tutoring and feeding kids from 9:00-12:00 pm.
travel and work
Tower Hand (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMarch 30, 2018
It was fun traveling to different states to work in. The pay was Gerate and it is a small family owned business so you will learn and work with the owner of the company
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
no benifits
I worked for my uncle
Data Entry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAMarch 4, 2018
I worked for my uncle. It was just inputting data into Excel and making sure people's wages were accounted for. It was pretty basic stuff. I don't think others will have the same experience.
Great family company with culture of closeness
Retail Sales Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2018
I have had tremendous growth at this company. It's a casual familiar environment that pays you back in flexibility and growth if you are a go-getter type of personality.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of strong leadership
My position as a Telephone Sales Representative was a very enjoyable one.
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2017
A typical day included receiving national phone calls from customers ordering products from three different Linen Source magazines, checking the status of their orders, updating and deleting subscription list and proving product sales.

I learned how to communicate in a friendly manner with customers, while inputting information into the computer.

Management and the workplace culture was friendly and helpful. The job security was good and there was opportunity for advancement. I did not have benefits because I worked part time.

The hardest part of the job was providing enough sales for the company and the most enjoyable part of the job was talking with the customers.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
My sales production was not high enough for the company.
Engineer
ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 11, 2017
Was a great place to work the people are amazing and the path for anyones achievement is limited only to their own personal drive.
My dept. was the best I've ever experienced and are the type of coworkers and management team you would wish for. The experience was my pleasure.
Good Company well managed
Mechanical Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCSeptember 23, 2017
8 to 10 estimating mechanical jobs for the surrounding plants. Be competitive on my bids and scheduling man power.
CEO was closely involved with the estimating of mechanical jobs.
Pleasant workplace and each department supported the other. Hardest part of the job was traveling out of town and having to stay in motels. Enjoyed the manager being involved and supportive.
Pros
Pleasant workplace
Cons
Staying away from home at night
Overall okay
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Sumter, S CFebruary 9, 2017
The work was limited and not dependable, but I enjoyed working there until they laid people off. I worked outside most of the time and my fellow workers were pleasant and easy to work with.
Pros
Working outside
Cons
I was laid off shortly after beginning the job along with other workers.
Best Place to Work!!!!!!
Executive Assistant to President, CFO, Counsel (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHNovember 23, 2016
At Thompson/Center Arms, I was the Executive Assistant to the CEO/Owner, VP-Finance, and VP-Legal Counsel. My job was to handle calendars for all three, screen phone calls, set up meetings, act as liaison with outside counsel on various product liability cases, make travel arrangements, sort and distribute mail daily, interact with the sales department, Human Resources, and many others within the company. I approved invoices for Accounts Payable, researched patents at the US Patent Office, assisted Research & Development with various projects, sat in on depositions, and much more. I truly loved this job and all of the 500+ people who worked there, until the company was bought by another gun company from out of state, closed the factory and offices and moved all to Massachusetts.
Pros
Awesome coworkers and bosses; free lunch for 500+ people daily, much, much more
Worker (Current Employee) –  Waldo, MEJuly 16, 2016
Great place to work. Good employees and good management. Heating and building construction is there specialty. Take good care of there employees
a lot of travel
Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Ozona, TXApril 8, 2016
a lot of work traveled through out the county and state, got to do different types of work in different locations and states
pleasant fast paced workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMarch 30, 2016
open store , set up showcases , prepare food , delegate tasks to other co-workers , hardest part of job no time for breaks or lunch ,most enjoyable part for me is interaction with customers., close out register..daily receipts.clean and.close store , deposit made at bank.
Great place to learn
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 5, 2016
Supervisors always have work for you to do. Great for an internship and great opportunities. Offers opportunities when you are qualified.
private duty
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTSeptember 11, 2015
I loved working with my patient she was just such a good person. my boss was very flexible and understanding> what I loved most about this job was that most of my day required outside activities.
Pros
flexible Schedule
Cons
nothing to complain about this job
Great people to work with
Administrative Assistant- Survey department (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 18, 2015
Would recommend this company. Small business with large projects. People were great . Was enjoyable to go to work everyday.
Great People
Compton Jr. High (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 3, 2015
Micro-management in administration
Great Teachers and Staff
Lots of Extra Duties
Great Benefits and Good Students
Lesson Plans needed to be turned in weekly for review
Lots of paperwork
was a great place to work
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHFebruary 3, 2015
this was a great place to work. needed to do more safety training. Its to bad the company sold and new company came in bought it and went out of business
Pros
took care of employees
Cons
went out of business
great work experence.
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 20, 2015
Employees and staff is wonderful to work with . Honest and hard working. So is most of management .
Pros
students employees and most management
Cons
pay and additude of general manager