Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

great place based on my team
Senior Global Fundamental Data Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2018
I actually started at a startup firm (market guide/multex) that was bought out by Reuters, which ultimately merged and became Thomson Reuters. The downfall for our team and department was the merger, however my overall experience was great with my team and the department I started with from the beginning (Market guide/multex).
Pros
great benefits, ok pay
Cons
merger to thomson reuters led my department to be outsourced
Document Acquisition Position is a great freelance position
Document Acquisition Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAApril 24, 2018
The document acquisition freelance positions with Thomson Rueters for Westlaw are great for supplemental income or someone in between jobs or just out of school.

You are paid per document so if you are efficient you can make great money for short shifts.
Pros
Flexible hours / make your own schedule
Cons
Contract position so no benefits or room for growth
Thomson Reuters full-time?
Senior / Lead Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 22, 2018
Worked at Thomson Reuters full-time (more than 9 years, left on great terms, and worked with some great people). Over the years worked there, management continuity changed (from the top down), with this, the Team suffered from the overall lack of a Technically driven management team. Since this was a development area, the overall Projects to delivery and Product quality suffered greatly.
Pros
Good benefits, interesting work (sometimes), and leader in industry.
Cons
Work life balance, lacks willingness of flexible schedules, work place.
Great Company to work for
Sr. Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 20, 2018
enjoyed 4+ years working with them. Management was great. Autonomy was great as well as the management. Left amicably due to onsite support position replaced by remote support.
Pros
autonomy, enjoyed co-workes
Cons
working weekends for server downtime
Thomson Summary
Associate Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Saline, MIApril 19, 2018
I started as contract labor in the product support department and hired full time into the sales department. both departments were excellent, especially in terms of culture and management. heavily invested in staff.
Terrible Place to work....would not do it
SQL DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 19, 2018
Thomson Reuters was concerned with two things, upper management maintaining their jobs and the bottom line. So after 19 years of employment, they laid me off without a severance package and three weeks later, learned that they hired three new people for overseas in my place.

I'm sorry but that is business, but not the right way to do business.
Pros
They had a great on-site cafeteria.
Cons
Oh where do you want me to start???
Transitional
Senior Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 16, 2018
Our original office was purchased from Deloitte. The company was willing to transition new software changing the entire face of the company we all knew. We all learned a new software, dealt with the trials of transition and excelled in our ability to adapt
Pros
Stability
Cons
New Software
Great co-workers, POOR management
Senior Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 16, 2018
Management here is abysmal, it's why so many reps end up leaving. The pay is not very competitive either, and you are not paid time and a half for hours over 8 in a day or 40 in a week, although you are an hourly employee.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Nice working environment and a great learning experience
Technical Support Computer Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2018
Very good job to work at. Nice people and a good location. They have various applications and multiple servers locally and world wide. Some managers are better than others, just like any other large company. Some pressure when the systems go down due to client impact. Casual dress and friendly easygoing atmosphere. Plenty to learn and a continuous changing environment. Many courses that you can take online for free.They have several systems to monitor, problems to troubleshoot and release installations.
Pros
Easy going atmosphere, continuous learning experience
Cons
Not much advancement in our group
Decent place to work
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2018
Enjoyed time at TR, bad thing was the selloff of division to NASDAQ. Otherwise, great place to work. Learned a lot and with connections, enjoyed some social activities as well.
A collaborative and supportive enviroment
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 13, 2018
I spent the first 10 years of my career with Thomson Reuters and it helped shape me into the professional I am. It was a collaborative and supportive environment with many opportunities to advance and stretch.
A lot of room to grow
Senior Technology Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 12, 2018
TR was a great place to learn all areas of technology. Whether it is application, infrastructure, platform, etc. There is a lot of areas for a person to gain knowledge.
Company is reducing footprint
Manager, Technical Lead, Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 10, 2018
Thomson Reuters continues to consolidate operations with the latest sale of the F&R (Finance and Research) division to Blackstone. It is great to see a firm focus on core business, but F&R was the core business from a perspective shared by many.
Pros
Fairly compensated and a great place to work
Cons
Very political enviornment.
work life balance
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2018
Comfortable environment to work
Learned new technical skills
Typical day involves testing of UI applications, Web Services APIs, new feature enhancements
Eclectic demographics with ample time off
Tax & Accounting Senior Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 8, 2018
The time off and demographics were very interesting but the corporate structure and collaboration left much to be desired. Many times, the individuals must drive the job tasks instead of receiving a clear-cut task definition.
Pros
Online lunch facility, time off, benefits, employee demographics
Cons
Poor management and job definitions
Good place for work life balance
Senior Inside Sales Representative/CPE Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 5, 2018
Thomson Reuters is a great place to work. There are great benefits and very generous PTO. Pay is competitive. Office work environment was good. There were nice perks that they gave to employees (eg opportunity to enter a drawing for unused seats at company suite for concerts and sporting events.)
Good platfrom for learning and career development
Team Member (Current Employee) –  USApril 5, 2018
We were committed to give the deliverables within the stipulated time or within the deadline and need to support for the deployment till midnight and give minimal defect release for the production environment. There are lot of things which we learn day by day in IT sector, the new technologies which emerge in market every year and need to update our skillset for the current market requirements.management is good for the employees as they provide all the required facilities for the resources and we get good hikes for the better performance.workplace culture is good and we are professionals and we need to have good communication skills around workplace.The hardest part is giving less time time for a difficult task where we require more time to analyse and get back with the analysis and complete report. Assistance to the new technologies are given to the better performing resources and getting them out of the box and showcasing them for the trending ideas and technologies.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
need to extend till midnight during deadlines
Great Culture
Product Marketing Employee (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 4, 2018
TR is a great place to work, but there is clear dead weight in the company. Some managers are better than others. Find your niche, and you'll find people like you.
Happy to have had the opportunity
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sonoma County, CAApril 3, 2018
I enjoyed working here and did well. The issue for me was that I was located in rural Northern California and the opportunity to sell legal technology was limited after a few years of success.
Pros
Solid Company
Cons
Products were too expensive for small town lawyers.
Good place to work, lots of plusses
Senior Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 2, 2018
Interesting work, collaborative environment, nice people to work with. Salary and benefits are competitive with the market. The work is challenging, but rewarmding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomson Reuters. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

66out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Thomson Reuters.