Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

Found 1,388 reviews matching the search See all 3,113 reviews
One of the best places I ever worked.
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 20, 2019
You work with a lot of great people and management is very attentive to the needs of employees. The most difficult part is that it is a sales-focused job and your job security depends on making your numbers. The atmosphere is laid back and you can even wear jeans to work. You are given lots of opportunities to learn and advance if you are interested. I would probably still work there if I hadn't gone back to school.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Job security depends on making your number
Good place too work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2019
Good place to work. They offer a lot of free online training. Managers are fair depending up the department you work for. Good pay. Good benefits. Vacation time is fair. Bonus are good. Reviews..... they need to come up with a new way to review employees
Badly need operational structure
Sales (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 19, 2019
There are many good things about TR, but where they fall short is that they are disjointed between departments. there is no operational structure connecting the dots, and no flow charts or processes on how to get things done. The lack of processes creates a very inefficient workplace. Most sales people have to figure out processes for themselves.
Great Managers, Great Products
Desktop Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2019
Was in a client-facing account management role in both jobs I had at Thomson Reuters. Company did a good job of setting up hourly shifts to provide life balance (7 AM shift, later shift) where team members took turns. Also, instead of loading difficult projects onto the team to fit in their day, they would ask for volunteers to come in on Saturday and offer a small payment (($150) to help with testing, etc.
Management did a good job of providing communication around changes as well.
Pros
Good team setup
N/a
Data Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 16, 2019
I really don't want to talk about my past employment at this company. I had a good time, met some great people, and left there with more knowledge that what I had when I began working there.
Productive and fun place with supportive colleagues
Strategy Associate - Minneapolis (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2019
I was with the company at a time of deep cost cutting due to a recent divestiture so didn't get the ideal picture. However the nature of most of the senior executives was very supportive and they would make time for a chat even during the most busy days.
Collaborative culture
Director (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 11, 2019
Fantastic people working together to drive customer success. Collaborative culture that promotes risk taking and innovation to achieve business objectives.
Lots of learning.
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2019
Have learned quite a lot from the team members and my ex-Manager. Some projects provided good work-life balance. I can confidently take on more responsibility in new role(s).
Good place to learn and grow
Manager (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJanuary 8, 2019
Fast paced, intense, exciting. Good place to learn and grow. The team members are fantastic and really make the company what it is. I have never met a better group.
Position provided opportunities to experience different jobs within this global organization.
Senior Business Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 6, 2019
Enjoyed my job very much. I was able to work with numerous teams of various types of people from across the globe. Retired after almost 40 years of service.
Good company
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2019
I had a good experience at this company. I would work here again if they had a bigger presence in Chicago. They provide good benefits and there is job advancement.
Prepare to be challenged and rewarded for hard work
Manager - Training Operations (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 3, 2019
Thomson Reuters provides you with the opportunities and space to challenge yourself and in turn, rewards you when you go above and beyond. Management is responsive and adapts well to change.
Pros
Opportunities to grow
Benefits
Lot's of opportunities
Technology Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 2, 2019
Thomson Reuters is a large organization with a lot of different opportunities available. Offered flexible work schedules with remote options. Very good maternity and paternity options.
Typical Big Corporation
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2019
Pros: Freedom to work on own terms without micromanagement. Cons: Company couldn't care less about its employees. Its just another big corporation where decisions are made based on financial gain, not employee satisfaction or loyalty.
Great campus, fun environment
Project Manager - Technology (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 30, 2018
Loved the opportunity to work from home. Networking engineers are great to work with. Infrastructure and network projects are challenging and exciting to work on.
Executive - Specialty Sales (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 28, 2018
Usually a pretty low salary but generous commission structure. Not much room for promotion based on my experience, overall culture is good but goals can get very aggressive very quickly.
Pros
team building activities
Cons
low salary, not much room for growth
Good work life balance
QA Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 20, 2018
Good work & life balance.

Provided training opportunity. Good mentorship. Up to date technology.

Good Ethics and teams spirits.

The management team has a good sense of direction.
Devolution of Job culture
Client Success Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 20, 2018
The culture devolved over time. From the early days it was wonderful, but it devolved into a more challenging environment to work in, given how much I was being paid and the amount of work I had to do.
Great place for project variety
Senior Art Director (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 18, 2018
During my time at Thomson Reuters I had the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects which gave me valuable experience to take with me on my next adventure.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Isolated Campus
Excellent Experience
Global Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 16, 2018
Excellent job experience. It was a great opportunity working for Thomson Reuters. I would recommend this company to other and if the opportunity presented itself I would consider working there again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomson Reuters. Our community is ready to answer.

51K
41.3K

Women's ratings

4.1Fairygodboss Score

82%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

97%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss