Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

Found 1,323 reviews matching the search See all 2,987 reviews
Slow relaxed and a lack of innovation
analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2018
Great work life balance. Management makes decisions that makes you scratch your head. Slow moving, prefer the status quo, don't challenge employees, do not encourage growth.
very good people to work for
QA Analyst/Tester (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2018
This is not for those who want to just stare at their screen and get paid for it. you have to know what you are doing and they expect perfection from you.
fun place at the main hubs; satellites are just ok
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 17, 2018
The main decision making is in NY and London. Those locations are great but outside of those locations you don't feel as much a part.
Good benefits; good people.
REGIONAL MANAGER- INSIDE SALES, SMALL LAW (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 16, 2018
I have thoroughly enjoyed my 7 years at Thomson Reuters. I have had 7 different jobs in 7 years. There is a lot of room for advancement and for lateral moves.
Challenging yet rewarding workplace
Technical Team Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 16, 2018
A good place to work. Invest in using new technologies to improve scalability, resiliency and performance of the systems. Feel engaged with all levels of colleagues.
Frequent reorganizations - thousands of people lost jobs over the past couple of years.
manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 13, 2018
High level management is much more concerned about making their yearly performance bonuses than they are about producing a good product or creating a healthy work environment. They frequently "re-organize" to purge higher paid more experienced employees. We were constantly needing to train new people to replace the experienced people forced out by the company. I was told several times by my director that as an experienced employee I no longer fit - the company preferred to underpay recent college graduates and simply replace them once they realized that they were being underpaid. OK place to get some experience but move on as soon as you can.
Pros
2 pieces of free fruit each week
Cons
poor management and poor morale among employees
Great people
Manager (Current Employee) –  BostonOctober 12, 2018
This really is a great company to work for. I have traveled across the globe with them and each office is different with it's own culture. People always make a company and this place has some good ones.
A great place to work that is currently going through some changes.
Director (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 12, 2018
Great people in a very enjoyable environment. Have had the opportunity for career progression and good opportunities. Hard work pays off here. Company is currently restructuring.
Dream Job
Senior Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 10, 2018
I was continually engaged and challenged with my role at Thomson Reuters. However, with the Blackstone acquisition, my role was sold and became obsolete. I loved my autonomy, relationships, benefits, compensation, and additional campus perks. It is a significant loss that my job is no longer available.
Super company
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2018
Everyone there was a polished professional. We worked well as a team and individually. Hours were flexible, lunchtimes were also.
Good sense of work satisfaction. Meetings didn't drag on.
Excellent Perks and great Organizational Culture
Government Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 4, 2018
This is a great place to work. The atmosphere is excellent and welcoming. There is enormous room for growth. I recommend this company to any won looking for career growth and development.
Great benefits!
Westlaw (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 4, 2018
Your experience here depends on your manager. I've had a great manager and a terrible manager. Either way, the benefits are amazing - PTO, health benefits, 401k, etc. etc.
Overall great company
Senior Coordinator, Training and Development (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 4, 2018
Overall this is a great company to work for. Would recommend employment at Thomson Reuters. This is an assessment on my part and everyone needs to make their own assessment
Great potential
Lead Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 4, 2018
Wonderful place to work if you are in the correct team. Lots of growth and learning opportunities. Just be careful to get assigned to a growing product line. My application was sunset and advancement options were then eliminated.
Pros
office, education, benefits
Cons
management
Fine place to work
Sr. Marketer, Small Law Firm Management Segment (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 3, 2018
Compensation is great, ability to move up not so much. Currently under a massive reorg. A lot of very talented people, good opportunities to go to workshops.
freelance work
Freelance Senior Corporate Writer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2018
Wrote for a subsidiary website, summarizing conference calls. Job got outsourced to India after Thomson Reuters took it over. Was sad to see it go, but not really.
Flexible work hours with a relaxed atmosphere
Sr. Trust Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, MIOctober 1, 2018
The Company allows remote employees and a flexible work schedule. Thomson Reuters provided a work environment that is not as high pressured as other companies.
Mission and core values are in synch
Senior Director, Internal Communications (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 1, 2018
A culture built on the core values of trust, innovation, partnership and performance -- with an emphasis on how all of that is put to work to help Legal and Tax professionals (from one-person firms to global corporations and governments) as well as customers of award-winning Reuters digital and print content.
Fast paced but very exciting place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  BerlinSeptember 27, 2018
I was in intern for a month and I learned a lot. I was able to work with great people who were passionate about their jobs and allowed me to learn from them.
Wonderful Place to work.
Office Assistant, Office Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2018
Reuters was an exceptional place to work. The management was always professional and helpful. I would recommend this company to anyone. The goals and missions are clear and precise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomson Reuters. Our community is ready to answer.

51K
41.2K

See reviews about

Diversity score

66out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Thomson Reuters.

Powered by Comparably