Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

Decent work atmosphere, but chintzy on pay and benefits.
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 22, 2018
The job is steady, I didn't receive the training I needed - had to learn a lot on my own. It seems that the larger the company, the worse the benefits, and TR is no exception. For example, The insurance has a decent deductible, but no copay.

The "Christmas party" was a catered meal during business hours, and a drawing for some door prizes. A "Carnival" during the summer was a few lunch wagons and some games set out to play with each other (beanbag throw, etc.).
fast paced, team environment
Regional Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2018
Enjoyed my time working at Thomson Reuters. Company had good benefits and enjoyed the people that worked for the organization. The team I managed worked worked well together and we were able to come together as a team to divide workload to meet deadlines as needed.
Pros
Good benefits; good management
Cons
Short lead times once decisions were made
Great place to learn a lot and get paid well.
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10014January 18, 2018
Reuters is a very large and stable company that has been around for hundreds of years. They have great people, great benefits, and fair compensation. I would have stayed at Reuters and moved up through one of many channels they have for growth, and advancement but I left New York City for personal reasons and returned home to Raleigh, N.C. where they do not have an office.
Pros
A lot of opportunity for broadening education and advancement potential
Cons
Administrative processes can slow things down too much.
Excellent company
Director of Network Engineering and Implementation (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJanuary 18, 2018
I found Reuters to be a very fast paced and performance minded company. The work enviroment was excellent with lots of opportunity for growth and training. Lots of technology growth as well.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Great Company, People really care about the company and co-workers.
Global Customer Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 18, 2018
I loved working at Thomson Reuters. I learned many skills, and had the opportunity to work with many talented individuals. The structure of my group was goal oriented to achieve results that exceeded the established goals.
Pros
Face Paced, Results Driven.
Lead Oracle QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJanuary 17, 2018
I had a great learning experience working for Thomson Reuters. Workplace culture as good. Con was that there were no growth opportunities for me there.
Fun and laid back place to work
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 17, 2018
1) Employees are empowered to make and take decisions.
2) Work/life balance is awesome. Employees are allowed to work from home.
3) Pay could be better. I don't think it was competitive enough.
No Activity
Data Entry / Quality Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 16, 2018
Work day were base on log in all legal documents, You have to monitor each an every document that came into the office. Copy, Scan, File, Entry Data, look over ever step.
Pros
Nothing were free
Cons
Very short breaks.
For a large company I would recommend them. Good atmosphere
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI 48108January 13, 2018
If you don't mind being stressed almost daily about meeting deadlines this job is for you. Did not like the blackout for time off during the holidays nor did I like the extra work stress and hours around the holidays. Other than that the coworkers were helpful and fun to work with and the management was becoming better was well. Would recommend this to friends
Pros
Great time off package
Cons
Stressful environment especially around the holidays
Excellent Company
Senior Account Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2018
I LOVED working for TR as the people were amazingly supportive and nice! It felt like family working there and was VERY hard to leave. Unfortunately, the division for which I worked did not have a clear strategy.
Pros
Excellent Benefits and corporate culture
Cons
Lots of paid travel
Productive and Extremely rewarding place to work
Law Firm Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 7, 2018
I really have no complaints, I would suggest making the training more focused on the sales process, and should be lead by a Sales Professional who has some experience selling the products. This will help make sure reps when they hit the streets are more prepared to deal with the challenges of reaching Quota.
Pros
Great Pay, Benefits etc.
Cons
Training needs to improve.
Pockets of good areas
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 4, 2018
Do your due diligence on the area - some have great management; others not so great.
Good benefits and vacation; pockets of work/life balance; depending on the manager there is opportunity to work from home occassionally.
Pros
People
Cons
Great company with outstanding income potential
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 3, 2018
Truly a place where your results are recognized and rewarded. Very low base, with the vast majority of income derived from commission. The true potential is derived at performing at President's Club level, (which I achieved 9 out of 11 years). About 20% of sales team qualify for President's Club.
Fast-paced environment with a focus on results
Product Support Contractor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TX 75006January 3, 2018
Big emphasis on keeping accurate time while working as many cases as possible. Management was good at rewarding hard work. Can be stressful dealing with frustrated clients.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Great place to work and learn. Also company had training courses every six months to help improve
Self worth.After course complettion company gave bonuses.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Outsourced
Fast paced and always changing
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Company continues to grow and morph as a global organization, provides ample opportunity for many career paths. Recommended as a place to work and grow your career.
I love writing for Thomson Reuters
Author (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 3, 2018
I have a contract with Thomson Reuters to research and author certain books. I work on at least one book for 6-7 months of the year, but I do this at my own pace.

I did not answer many of the questions on the employer review because the inquiries are not relevant to my work as an author since I work from home and do not have any type of hourly requirement or hourly pay. I am paid royalties on the sale of the books I author and co-author.
Pros
work from home at my own pace with great editorial support when needed.
Thomson Reuters summary
Product Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2017
Thomson takes care of their people, but they have a culture where they have layoffs every six months. This creates a very uneasy atmosphere and a lot of turnover.
Pros
Good benefits and a relatively relaxed culture
Cons
Continual layoffs.
Both good and bad
ProLaw Client Partner (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 29, 2017
Workloads could be insane at times. Management worked in a very corporate manner meeting statistics on paper rather than assessing real-life operational needs. This created stress with staff and periodic staff turnovers that just created more stress. Not enough emphasis on training. Still, the co-workers pitched in and were supportive of each other making each workday worthwhile.
Pros
Co-workers support each other
Cons
Stressful workloads
Learning environment and good benefits
First Level Real time Market Data Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 21, 2017
The day started with turnover from the previous shift and follow up of any outstanding issues. The team began setting up for scheduled or unscheduled task that will continue to give outstanding service to our clients. I learned to always be prepared for critical situations and respond immediately to issues that may arise even three minutes prior to shifts end. The hardest part of the job was when multiple critical issues arise either back to back or simultaneously. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the team worked together and resolved those issues.I met some very dynamic people that was a pleasure to work with, both coworkers and management.
Pros
This is an environment where you can learn plenty.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomson Reuters. Our community is ready to answer.