Thornton's Employee Reviews

Too much trouble for too little compensation
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 12, 2018
I was hired on at Thorntons as a part time after applying for full-time. After working there for two days with almost not training, I was pretty much left on my own. After 3 months I was put on overnights only and was scheduled 43 hours a week. I was never switched to full time so they didn't have to pay any benefits.
Pros
Free soda and grill or deli item while working, free uniform shirt
Cons
Only one person in the store overnight, Overnight was responsible for all of the cleaning in the store, No chance of a break overnight
great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 11, 2018
Loved my customers, coworkers where great and easy to get along with. I had a great manager miss being there busy working environment love working with people
Cons
Corp needs to change some policies
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 29, 2017
They don't know what they are doing. Massive turnover asst the corporate level. Multiple initiatives started and then abandoned. Lack of empathy for employees at the store level.
employees
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 15, 2017
the employees are amazing to work with alwasy friendly nice and helpful. the store was always clean. i did not like that the boss would get supoer mad if you had to call in or when we had a bad audit
Productive, Good place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHSeptember 19, 2017
The only thing I didn't like about working here is that they would change my schedule without telling me until I came into work that day. No call to ask me is it was okay with me, they just assumed I would do it.
Pros
Nice co-workers, great manager.
Cons
No scheduled breaks.
H E double hockey sticks On Earth
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2017
the location i work at is surrounded by homeless and drug addicts so on top of doing my job I have to watch for thieves and shoo people of of the lot because im told that if we dont we will get in trouble.
Pros
free food/drink
Cons
the area and management
Best place I've worked so far!
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 10, 2017
I absolutely loved working at Thornton's! It was a pretty easy and fun job. The only part I didn't like was how busy we got on holidays. I enjoyed working with everyone there. I told them that if I could've taken everyone with me when I moved, I would've.
Pros
Free drinks and friendly environment
Cons
Night shift
Typical Day at Work/Work Environment
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNMay 24, 2017
I was honestly excited to work at Thornton's simply because I had not worked in a convenience story before. However, as time went on, I did not feel welcome by my fellow coworkers or my GM because I would get sick frequently and have to miss work. During this time I would give at least a 24-hour notice, but when I returned to work I was given the cold shoulder and not treated as one of the team. Needless to say, I tried to leave on good terms.
Good place to work for only part time hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMarch 14, 2017
This was a good place to work if you only wanted part time work. The pay and hours were terrible. Management was fine but they didn't seem to are too much about their staff.
Pros
Cons
Pay and benefits
Productive and busy
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 4, 2017
Pay could've been better but I enjoyed my time there. Management was great. Gave you time to learn about the lottery and more about cash handling.
Terrible job. Now closed.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fulton, NYNovember 22, 2016
Long hours, low pay. No room for advancement. Hard to get any kind of raise. You feel unappreciated. Now closed so this review doesn't really matter.
Questionable Management
GSR/Guest Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Galesburg, ILNovember 20, 2016
Management has a lot of issues- blaming other staff for things they didn't do (because it wasn't their job to do management work), promising promotions for long periods of time only to skip them and give it to someone else, no communication skills, pick favorites, etc. Cutting someone's hours because they decided to hire a new person and then be overstaffed was uncalled for. After 2 years, I now get 13 hours per week.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No promotions, favoritism, management, poor communication, overstaffing
best part about being here is the customers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 5, 2016
at first i came into this job knowing it was temporary. but after working long enough (Less Than 4 Mns) I builded a bond with my customers that i seen on a regular basis. besides that the mangaments sucks the hours were never the same two weeks in a row one week 39.3 hours next week 28 or 33. they dont want to pay over time so the break up your hours at 40.3 to what every is left into the next week weather it a few minutes or 2 hours i've been threw both. but i got to say working over night was fun as well when you have good people working with you things flow smooth but everyone i worked with left after i did and we stay in communication. that say a lot but hey its a decent 9.25 when you have nothing and looking to build your resume with customer service
ok place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 6, 2016
no room for advancement, but good people. alot of family in this business. Dont pay very well, but will help if they can. Its not a place that dos alot of hiring.. most people stay for a while its easy to work there.
Shift Leader
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLMarch 28, 2016
Promoted to Shift Leader. Overall simple job, learned skills that would be beneficial to transition to store manager position. New management was terrible.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Poor managment training
Very productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 16, 2016
Over worked and under appreciated by management. excelled beyond expectations and was still mistreated. inquired about higher positions in my field of study and was rejected on the spot due to personal opinions.
Pros
great work and fast paced
Cons
management.
Plenty of room for advancement
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 10, 2015
I climbed the ladder as quickly as I wanted to. You are required to work HARD for your money! As a manager we were required to do more than you can reasonably accomplish in one day. I was never in trouble but often felt like I was drowning when short staffed.
I loved MY team, but I did not like the politics in this company. It didn't promote a team atmosphere. It was often a blame game between other stores/upper management.
The most enjoyable part of my day was interacting with customers, and teaching my team to become better at customer service.
Pros
competive pay/benefits
Cons
Demanding schedule. Long work days at times. Must be able to answer phone 24/7
Work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 12, 2015
Typical day, to work hard. Management is another matter in itself. Co-works were good to wok with. Hard part of the job, the cooler. Enjoyable part of the job was to be able to work.
Very dificult place to work
Manager, Account (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 8, 2015
Customers were top priority
They tought me how to run a store
We had great teamwork
We all worked well together
The hardest was being open 24 hours
The customers were the best
Pros
pay was good
Cons
never closed
Hard work, fast paced,fun work environment
Customer Service Represenative (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLNovember 10, 2014
Customers line up quickly