Thorpe Enterprises

Thorpe Enterprises Employee Reviews

United States54 reviews

supervisormanagerpaycompanyemployeedaypeopletime

Fun place to work

They will let you get all the over time you want but when your check start to look like the bosses it's a problem and the job not hard just the co-worker you work with make it hard

Pros

No lunch break

overall positive and enjoyable work experience

it was an overall great experience working for Thorpe. CPR training was completed in house and was very important to me, personally. Management was very helpful and very friendly. I believe they genuinely care about the employees well-being and overall experience while employed. I was stationed on Lake Lanier and found it to be a fantastic experience on how to communicate with the general public…while they’re intolerably intoxicated!

Thorpe Enterprises insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • General feeling of work happiness
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Officer

Thorpe Security the City Of Atlanta site is a terrible place to work the supervisor shows favoritism to bad workers and treat Good workers wrong they promise you pay raises that u never get terrible place to work may be another contract is better

Thope Enterprise

As a former employee my work schedule fitted my life and I work with a good staff. Overall Thorpe is a great company to work for, and I enjoyed my time with the company

Unorganized & unprofessional, would not recommend.

Management was awful. The employees & supervisors didn't know how to separate their work life from their home life & were always in someone's business or spreading rumors.

Great job

Great job, great people . Good culture people are treated fairly. There is room for growth. There is flexibility in scheduling, and there is compassion and understanding to life situations.

Great jon

Had a family emergency trying to go bk cause thery were a grest company never the least i have nothing bad to say about this great company thirpe was an experience of a life timr

Thorpe had a variety of assignments

This job allows for you to mingle with all types of people. Benefits were not great at the time. If your in transition in the work force this company helps you get on your feet. The different areas you can work in allows you to get different experience all under the same company.

great job to work for

I loved working for this company, they was great people to me. they very understanding. the only thing I have to say if they could pay more that would be wonderful.

Great place

Thorpe is a great place to work if your in need of job. Long term success this is not the best place to be there's no room for growth after a point. There needs to be more meeting between employees and managers. There are no lunch breaks you have to eat if there's time. If you are retired did is a awesome place to work.

Pros

overtime

Cons

Pay and benefits no room for advancement

All work work and no thank you..you get a check that is your thank you.

Working at Thorpe Enterprises is great when it comes to get a schedule you can work. The pay is not that great and the company really doesn't care about there employees. No place to advance unless you kiss butt not by your knowledge of the field but how much sucking up you can give to receive the position.

Pros

you will get the schedule you say you can work.

Cons

Na

Enjoyed working with associates and residents

I provided a professional attitude during stressful situations. Daily duties included access control, informing residents of delivery and visitors, securing the building and parking area, keeping a daily log on the activities throughout the property. One of life most difficult task is pleasing people, I found it to be a challenging endeavor, nevertheless I found it enjoyable when I was able to complete this challenge.

Pros

Meeting people

Cons

Not being able to please everyone

Previous Officer

As a company, there could be improvements with the Supervisors and Project Manager for the Atlanta Watershed Department account. Management needs work

TERRIBLE place to work!!!

City of Atlanta Department of Public Work Site Project manager never answer, respond to texts, meeting requests or address concerns. Manager will defend the wrong doing of supervisors. Manager will defend what he doesn't know. Supervisors constantly violate the Code of Conduct. Supervisors become friends with S.O. and show favoritism. Thrope Enterprise is a terrible place to work. They have a high turnover rate and hire Every Tuesday... it's a reason they can't keep anyone. Work for them and you'll more than likely resign or get fired within 3 months of your start date.

Pros

Cons

hourly "check-in", incompetant and rude supervisors, no communication, unorganized, poor management

Worked in command center

Need to be able to multitask. Working in the command center can either be fast paced or relaxed depending on shift. Bonuses were great and benefits not so much. No paid vacation time but you had the opportunity to work other shifts if they were available to make up for lost time.

Pros

Bonuses

Benefits

Decent wages and work environment

Overall the post that I was assigned to was a positive environment. The shift was manageable and you were able to meet new people everyday. The clientele helped the day to go by faster.

Productive abd fun work place

A Typical work day consisted f Checking on site supervisors and their subordinates to ensure the accounts were running at the highest level. I learned a lot about the business side of contract security work and gained confidence to interact with clients or potential clients in a professional business setting. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I was able to help employees and co workers become better in their jobs and in their personal lives. The hardest part f the job was dealing with a no good, cut throat snake of co-workers which there are in any job setting.

Pros

Overtime is available for houryl workers. Advancement is possible

Cons

It is contract work so you could be left unemployed atanytime.

Productive workplace

Signing in Atlanta Police Officers onto the property to ensure they have the proper identification upon entering facility . We also signed in city of atlanta employees onto the property as well. Secured a gate so people who do not have identification cannot access the property

Pros

Great site to work at.

Cons

Na

Guard

• Monitored and secured facility, while performing random vehicle inspections for daily reporting. • Confronted trespassers to prevent vandalism and theft. • Reported all suspicious activities identified to the appropriate law enforcement agency and assisted with investigations. • Recorded data, such as property damage, theft, violations or unusual occurrences and provided reports to the supervisor for appropriate action.

safe work place

this job is not very demanding. they almost always have overtime shifts available. you must call the aps command center and the aps police to report when your on and off duty.

Pros

you always get paid on time

Cons

no lunch breaks

Poor management

Use to work for the company but due to poor management, lack of communication, outside post in poor weather, fearing i would be robbed, low pay, terrible benefit, i have to move on to bigger amd better things

Pros

Straight hours

Cons

Poor management, lack of commincation from management

Common questions about Thorpe Enterprises

Answered by current and former employees at Thorpe Enterprises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thorpe Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits