Thrasher, Inc. Employee Reviews

The hype isn’t real
Installer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 25, 2018
While working at thrasher I came to find out that the so called hype wasn’t all real. In town 1 week out the next, share a room with the other guy on the truck. Hourly pay is a joke, upselling is where you make more money. Was promised at least 40 hours a week and the only time I hit 40 was during a week long training course. They talk up safety which isn’t a joke to them but at the end of the day depending which crew your on you can throw that out the window. Corners cut on work again depending on the crew you’re on. Some leads were great at what they did, others not so much. Installers quickly pushed to leads because of lack of bodies to fill the trucks with little knowledge of the actually job. 2 months in and I was bumped to lead on a out of town job with enough experience to BS a customer but not a quality job left behind. They really hype you up in your training class, but once you get out there it’s not what they say. Average 33-36 hours a week, you get a per diem pay which doesn’t add up since you don’t hit your hours. Jobs out of town cost more then in town, so a job in town that costs 2500 could cost 6500 out of town. The crew I was apart of was great, tried his best to make sure I was comfortable and knew what to do. Other production guys were good too, production managers were good. Laid back environment. The family “feel” I got was office people to office people. New main office with a kitchen, gym and some other things but as a production employee you really just get to park your vehicle in their multimillion dollar parking lot.
Pros
Good production guys
Cons
Pay, benefits, no hours
Solid Leadership - Great Culture - Always Bucking the Status Quo
HR (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 2, 2018
I worked for Thrasher for over 8 years. Now, I work for Thrasher's sister company, but we are in the same building and we collaborate on many things. I have a front row seat to how they do things. I know Thrasher's management team extremely well and I can tell you these things: they are always looking to make things better for customers and employees, they are always looking to stretch and grow their employees, and they are very committed. A person who would do well at Thrasher is someone who has high integrity, is willing to go above and beyond in their work, is willing to be stretched, and values having a work family. I couldn't be more thankful for my time at Thrasher. It wasn't always easy because I experienced the "stretching" I just talked about, but I am a better person for it. I have exceeded what I even believed for myself when I first walked in the door in 2007, and that is in large part to the training and growth I had at Thrasher.
challenging and rewarding
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 27, 2018
Thrasher is a company that prides themselves on serving their internal and external customers. It is a challenging yet rewarding and fun work environment that is value oriented and understands that employees are their most valuable asset. Thrasher invests tremendously back into the company to insure employees are happy and have the tools, training, and skillset it takes to serve the customer in a way that is redefining.
Pros
great benefits, healthy positive work environment
Cons
some out of town travel
Best Place to Work
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 27, 2018
I joined Thrasher because of the company’s great reputation. After joining the team, I was able to see the company truly lives up to its reputation and values. Thrasher is a place that treats everyone like family. We have an amazing culture that you have to experience to believe. Everyone is genuinely positive, happy, and truly wants the best for you as an individual. Our #1 priority is making sure our customer are happy with the work that was completed and wowed by our service.
Where Purpose, Mission, and Values Aren't Just Words on a Page
Training and Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Papillion, NEJune 25, 2018
When you walk into Thrasher to start your day, you are greeted with a brand new beautiful building - designed with the employee in mind - equipped with warm breakfast, hot coffee, comfortable accommodations, and picturesque views. Spaces are designed specifically for collaboration, creativity and camaraderie.

Every day is met with challenges. Not the grind of challenges I've experienced with other employers I've worked for in the past, where our intention was to focus on more than fixing what's broken and rectifying poor customer experiences, but where we only had time (or made time) to do those activities. Conversely, challenges at Thrasher are geared towards how to redefine our industry - for our customers and for our employees. THIS is made a priority. The work is inspirational - as the company believes at the core of who we are - that there is only ONE right way. We don't always get it right, we have moments where we need to fix what's broken and rectify poor customer experiences - BUT we are quick to apologize, we are quick at making things right, and we are quick to learn from our mistakes and use them to make things better!

Leadership is well respected, live out our purpose, mission & values themselves, and are well connected to not only the work of their team members, but to the employees themselves - personally. Depth of relationship is placed in high regard here.

At Thrasher you are given the gift of high expectations, but you are also given the coaching and training & development to rise to them. I have grown immensely (personally
  more... and professionally) in the 18 months I have worked for Thrasher. I feel part of a greater purpose and am able to go home BETTER at the end of each day. That makes me a better wife, mother and neighbor.

Thrasher isn't what you expect. It's not only redefining for our industry, but redefining for business, in general.
June 26, 2018

Thank you for your words. As stated in many of the posts we bestow the gift of high expectations and we are glad to see your growth both personally and professionally.

Work Hard, Play Hard
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 25, 2018
Thrasher is a family business that has experienced tremendous growth over the last 10 years. The culture of the team is extremely important to the owners and the team as a whole. They bestow the gift of high expectations on their employees and you will be rewarded for hard work. They are innovative and willing to challenge the way they've always done things in an effort to provide a better overall experience for the customer! I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Not your typical contractor. Family oriented, strong morals and values.
June 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and recommending Thrasher to future employees!

All smoke and mirrors
Head Service Technician KS (Former Employee) –  Eldorado, KSFebruary 27, 2018
Where to start...
Thrasher has a whole, is all about the Mighty Dollar. There quote on quote specialists have zero working knowledge of Construction, foundations, or proper waterproofing measures. The entire company is designed to feed off of the lack of knowledge customers have and will fearmonger customers into purchasing a multitude of systems they do not necessarily need. Staff are placed on hard scheduling and are reprimanded, wrote up, or fired if any job is not completed under allowed time frames, so it's safe to say many corners get cut. Their service department is a joke none of their service technicians have physical working knowledge or installation knowledge of any of their systems and their service technicians main role is to upsell more systems to you to meet there ADS (average dollars per stop) which is added sales on top of their already standing service fee. Crew wages are pathetic, bonus system they have in place is designed to make you fail, their turnover rate is easily over 85% in all fields. They only offered to healthcare plans one high-deductible one low deductible the cheapest is still almost $600 a month for a family.
Pros
401k, Eto, Laborers are decent
Cons
Managment, pay, career advancement
March 13, 2018

Thank you for taking time to make this post. While I am disappointed to hear that you were frustrated during your time here, your feedback is important and I want to take the time to address some of your comments. While we can't disclose why employees leave our company, we do not tolerate poor performance, bad attitudes or when decisions/actions leave us questioning one's integrity (i.e. lying to customers or lying to employees). Over that past year, we have trained service technicians on products and services to best help our current and past customers. We have not done a price increase for our customer for almost 3 years, if anything, have combined products to best serve them, while making them less expensive. Our production teams now have a higher hourly wage with the opportunity to earn bonuses if they take care of the customers all of the time. Our 2018 retention rate is 95%+ so the fact that turnover is greater than 85% per department is inaccurate. In addition, the statement on health insurance is incorrect. We comply with the federal government in offering affordable health care to all of our full-time employees. We do offer two health care plans and have one available that is nearly half of what is mentioned above. Lastly, we do not have, nor have we ever, had someone with the title “Head Service Technician”.

If you have more feedback that you would like to share, I would encourage you to call me directly so we can have an open and honest conversation.

Great Company, Great Employees
Thrasher Employee (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 22, 2018
What a great place... Thrasher is a place that treats everyone like family. I think from your individual department to the entire company we make up a big family who want's to provide a wow experience to both internal and external customers.
Tough decisions are made which is not always easy, but you can tell it is for the betterment of that individual and the company as a whole. The employees that make up this company are truly remarkable and I am grateful to work with them all.
Pros
3 weeks of vacation from the start, solid benefits, 401k match, good training
Cons
change is inevitable so be able to adjust and adapt. growing pains from time to time
N.A
Construction Foreman (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 16, 2018
Hard work long hours, good management, good team members, sometimes lack of communication, some inexperienced staff, overall is an okay place to work.
A company that shouldn't do electrical period...no idea how to bid or retain skilled electricians
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 28, 2017
If you love to travel this job is for you!! However the promised $60k is for anyone doing 72 hours a week and upsells everything imagineable! Commission based....base is around $40k only! Anyone who has a journeyman license should know better than to take a job like this!
Pros
Job security
Cons
Hours, travel, lack of knowledge in the electrical field, pushy management who is clueless on how to do electrical
This Place Makes Me Better...
Lead Installer (Current Employee) –  La Vista, NESeptember 22, 2017
I love being able to come to work each day knowing I'm helping homeowner's to protect their largest investment. My team is very helpful when the workflow increases to step up and help each other. Management regularly recognizes us for our achievements. I am fulfilled through my work and feel very fortunate to work here.
Pros
Team oriented culture.
Cons
We are always looking for a better way to do things, it leads to change, some people struggle with this.
Enjoy hard work.. this is the place for you
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 4, 2017
Thrasher is a place where you need to be ready to come to work hard, day in and day out. As a Team Leader the work is not easy but it is rewarding. You get the opportunity to help and provide a solution to home owners who are protecting their largest investment. I am emphasizing the hard work here because it is. It is a physically demanding job but has some great rewards. Some changes have happened recently, which has allowed us in production, the opportunity to work a 4 day week (sometimes we still work on Friday’s but work isn’t typically scheduled that day) this change happened to allow us to spend more time with our families!
Pros
Co-Workers, Benefits, Management, Pay
Cons
Production travels 30 or so % of the time-- make sure you and your family is truly okay with that
Buyer beware
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 29, 2017
There is a lot of hype surrounding this company, from the job descriptions, to the interviews and the "reviews" on job sites. Don't buy into it. Management is a joke, nepitism, turnover, constant shift in company messaging from the top. Extensive travel and below average compensation for production employees. The leadership of this company needs to get out of the self-help books, stop preaching about culture, and actually listen to the staff. In my time there I saw so many good, quality people simply leave due to the reality of this job, after understanding what was promised during interviewing was not going to happen.
Pros
Quick advancement due to employee turnover/retention.
Cons
Leadership, travel, pay.
Truly a top notch company that cares about its employees!
Sales (Current Employee) –  La Vista, NEJuly 10, 2017
I love that everyone is passionate about creating a wonderful experience for the homeowner's we serve while working together as a team to complete the highest quality construction projects! Going to work each day is like getting to be part of a family that challenges each other to be their very best!
Pros
Great work environment because of the great people
Cons
None.
Everyone is on commissions. Impossible to make goals
Installed sales (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 16, 2017
Thrasher is a good company but they need to change their commission system. Everyone is on commissions. They tell you what you can and will make but less than 5% of employees ever hit those marks.

The travel is unbearable. Instead of building a kingdom in Omaha, Thrasher needs to build satellite offices. It is not reasonable to expect employees to be out of town so often.

There is way too much turnover and change. You never know who you will be reporting to each day. It makes for a very uncomfortable environment.

Stop preaching about how good you are and start working at being better,
Pros
car washes and co-workers.
Cons
salary, constant change
This is a top notch company!
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  La Vista, NE 68128January 3, 2017
I worked for Thrasher for a little under a year and gained a depth of valuable experience. This company cares for its employees as much as any I have worked for. If you are looking for an awesome culture in a unique industry check Thrasher out!
productive
Construction Flagger (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2016
having the opportunity to work with the crew that provided the service that they provided showed me things that may be required in the field that I may be assigned to do within the job Im applying for
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 30, 2016
Amazing culture that you have to experience to believe. Everyone is genuinely positive, happy, and truly wants the best for you as an individual. They provide all the tools, equipment, and training needed for a team leader to succeed. Our #1 priority is making sure our customer are happy with the work that was completed and wowed by our service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thrasher, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about