Thread Employee Reviews

Fun environment
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 6, 2018
Thread creates an environment that is perfect for professional and personal growth. The motto is to fail forward which means that even if we fail we win because we learn something from that experience to push us forward.
Nurturing and supporting
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 14, 2018
At Tread we created small networks( Family) around each student to provide the support needed in school and at home. We were to connect with the student at least 3x a week. The most enjoyable moments for me as Leader of my group was reassuring that the student was in a safe environment and excelling in school. The hardest part was orchestrating meeting times with other volunteers because of different scheduling because most volunteers were college students as well. Also, working with outside factors that the student was connected with such social workers, foster parents, and real family.

What I've learned while my time at Thread is that every child has a story to why their story exist. Most of the kids we helped were kids part of the 25% in Baltimore city who were expected to fail and not graduate, but having the nurturing needed, they succeeded.
Pros
Free food and Support
Mentoring
Family Member (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 16, 2017
If you love mentoring youth, this is an opportunity for you. I am paired with a phenomenal high school student with a few other "family members" and I feel like I am a positive light in his life, as he is in mine.
Pros
giving back
Cons
Volunteer
Family Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 31, 2017
• 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides academic and social support to youth struggling with poverty, drugs, and violence in inner city Baltimore
Cozy and personable work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 21, 2014
Style clients, give exceptional customer service, secure sales, attend events, steam and tag clothing. I love the staff- so friendly and personable. This is a wonderfully fun place of employment with much opportunity to grow, learn, and develop in the fashion industry.
Pros
Fun, Fashion, Friendly Staff, Events
Cons
N/a