thredUP Inc
Coronavirus update
Information from thredUP Inc:

thredUP Inc Employee Reviews

United States203 reviews
The pay was alright, especially if you had gotten a raise before they took away the job progression system, which allowed you to get a raise the higher your numbers were. Really what made this place so bad was all the other employees who would always be involved in some kind of drama or gossip. It’s true supervisors would gossip around as well, I witnessed it on multiple occasions. You better be able to be a class clown or kiss the supervisors a**, ‘cause that’s the only way you’d ever get a position worth keeping.
Pros
Good schedules, occasionally extended lunches, good HR
Cons
Work culture, advancement opportunities, management
Always had a lot of work It was a lot of walking Everyday. we would pick and after Get Orders To be ready to be packed and shipped To our customers online.
Pros
Cool place for brake
Cons
Short brakes.
This is a start up company. Things are constantly changing. I wont lie and say its not frustrating. Just like any other job. There are people who make the work or job awful because of their attitude towards life itself. With that being said, i struggle with mental health issues. I have always been up front and honest about my needs. In doimg so they have been able to work with me.
Pros
Repurposing. Thrift. Music. Fun atmosphere
Cons
No pay incentive currently other than an annual raise.
I worked here for a year and half and it was one of the worst jobs I’ve ever had. They refuse to promote people to a lead position even with seniority and prior work experience. They change policy and procedure so much, it’s impossible to keep track; if they even bother to tell you about it. And if you complain about it other employees will tell on you to management for it. The people who are in management have no clue what they’re doing and are really petty. You could be a model employee: never take off work, always on time, hitting your numbers everyday, training people etc, and suddenly the supervisor decides he doesn’t like you, so now you’re being pulled into the office and written up all the time. Seriously, they wrote me up for a mistake THEY MADE and had the audacity to tell me there was nothing they could do about it. I would NEVER recommend for anyone to work here.
Pros
the music I guess
Cons
employees, management, culture, benefits
The workplace isn’t that bad. But the people there make it 10 times worst than it is. All they do is gossip about eachother and pretend they are friends, it’s more like a high school than a workplace. All the managements quit and they brought in new, “better” people, who are controlling and it’s either their way or no way. Even The management gossip about people. All in all it’s a bad place to work at.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything that company has to offer
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Relaxed work environment, let you listen to music while you work.
Pros
pet insurance
Cons
dirty
They ignore emails and refuse hard workers. Not understanding at all. They obviously don't understand the troubles of life. I can't stand this company. They're selfish and unprofessional.
It sounds great, looks great, and does seem pretty great at first...then you stay and you see what it's really like. They don't care about you, your opinions, your good ideas, or anything else although they say they do all the time. They will not work with you. If you feel sick because of the lights and are literally about to pass you, you will still get pointed to go home. Don't think you'll be saved being taken away in an ambulance either; you'll still getting a point. They don't care whether you do your job well or poorly as long as you hit your number. Some people get away with anything, others get harassed over every stupid thing imaginable. The gods help you if the manager decides he/she doesn't like you. If you have anxiety of any kind, run. They tell you about yourself ALL THE TIME. I never thought my anxiety was bad until I worked here. Training is basically non-existent. And since trainers don't get paid more to actually train you, most of them don't exactly do their best. Any benefits like pay increases you have heard about for learning more ended in June 2019. You only get a petty yearly increase. Managers may have moved up in the company but they are clueless and say things to employees that no manager should say to an employee EVER. I've worked in retail a long time before this and had my share of bad management...these are some of the worse. The charismatic junk you're subjected to makes any treatment seem even worse. They take good employees and make them bad employees because it doesn't pay to be a good one. Turn over rate says it all. I've been there for nearly - more...
The DOTS company culture that runs Thred up Inc is a lie. Well at least in the Mechanicsburg distribution center. When you get hired management and the supervisors talk about how they want to help you move up but in reality they are just picking out who they need to target due to fear of losing their jobs.
Amazingly one of the best places to work a simple 9 to 5 job. It was my favorite place to work in the last 5 years, but, the management are terrible! They do not respect hard workers and reward slackers, and people who waste time goofing around instead of working. They have managers that micro manage and nitpick everything you can imagine! Would go back in a heartbeat if this was fixed.
Pros
Great pay, extremely easy work and they play music.
Cons
Manegment and lack of actual support.
ThredUp is still open an hiring during the pandemic. The Mechanicsburg PA team is very welcoming. My personal opinion... weekend shift is the best team.
If you want to be lied to on a daily basis by management then thredup is the place for you! Four years I’ve been with this company and I have never seen such blatant favoritism, blatant lies and blatant coverups. Management is a complete circus and you will NEVER get a straight answer about ANYTHING. Thredup doesn’t care about its employees one bit. They keep finding loopholes to stay open during this pandemic and swear they their employees come first.
The job is very repetitive and boring. They play music but trust me its the same 10 songs every day so you'll get very irritated and they don't allow you to have your phone or even listen to your own music. The people there are great, but it's like going to high school and there is petty drama. you need to make friends or your gonna hate it, even more, the leads are pretty chill and I made some good friends. If you're in need of easy money(13.00-13.75) and don't care about doing the same thing every day this is the job for you. I would say you get tired being on your feet all day, but it's still easy. Oh ya and your gonna hate the point system you can't even be sick and call out without getting a point. Overall this job is not a career it's just a job get that money and get out sis.
I worked at three up for 4 years was one of the best employees ever but if you don’t kiss as* or snitch on other employees which is not your job but you will be fired so fast , the work environment is ridiculous you for people doing drugs in the building Nd parking lot the favoritisms is beyond ridiculous and sad to say don’t work here don’t waste your time they don’t care about you nor the time you put into
Pros
Non
Cons
Have to be a snitch in order to keep ya job
This was my 2nd job but ended up being my only job. Nice people, supervisors will listen to you when you need it and help.
I got raises so fast and NO other company would raise you $2 for good numbers!!!

Not a perfect job as life isn’t but I loved it here.
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Schedule change every year...
There are some really great people at ThredUP, and there are the not so great people. But in my honest opinion theres more people there to help you and encourage you to be your best and achieve whatever it is you want to than there is the bad. I have been an employee for all but 6 months and have only had 3 "bad" things happen that have made me question my employment. i have seen others thrive and grow in this company and they do have a great culture here.
Pros
advancement opportunities, caring people, fun atmosphere
Cons
not paid lunches
I’ve been here a while and I promise you it isn’t what you think it is. They gaslight you when you interview and make it seem like a great place and then they badger you to the point of ANXIETY when you aren’t perfect all the time. Management does NOT care about you or your family. If it’s not about ThredUP- they couldn’t care less.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
thredUP has grown so much and I was able to grow along with the company. A lot of opportunity, you just have to be flexible with change. Great boss and management. Very inclusive and team like environment.
It started out with a great deal of hype. Not long after, it went dropped faster than a stone. I truly regret leaving a decent company, and joining in on the lies that were told to us on our start date.
You get points from fellow peers to waste on branded items. People steal while management focuses on metrics. The only way to hit metrics is to not measure clothes properly or guess on material.
work environment was very high school like. All the leads care about are numbers. Leads and SUPS spread rumors about employees. Honestly worse company
Ask a question about working or interviewing at thredUP Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight