thredUP Employee Reviews

ThredUP is a great place to thrive and grow for "industrial athletes."
PM Shift Dock Lead/Procurement/Inventory (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 13, 2018
ThredUP is a great place to thrive and grow for "industrial athletes." What I mean is the folks who do best at ThredUP are those who can meet and exceed Units Per Hour metrics. The training staff and on-floor management are committed to coaching everyone towards meeting on-station and production metrics.
Pros
Winning company wide production goals gets free lunches, Management is always available for discussion.
Cons
Regular schedules by shift can sometimes incorporate weekend hours. Some mandatory overtime.
Has air conditioning
Zone Sort (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 17, 2018
Have worked for many warehouses. At least this one has air conditioning. That is a big plus in the summer time! The breakroom is nice and they do try to decorate appropriate to the holidays
Pros
Wonderful workers
Cons
Management is terrible. 30 minutes for lunch and 10 minutes for break
Growing and change
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 11, 2018
As a Startup company, Thredup was always good with trying to identify new ways to grow and change its current operations to better support the customers.
Clothing warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJune 6, 2018
ThredUP is a cool place to work. Relaxed work environment, friendly management team. Opportunities to grow within the company. Can interfere with personal life.
Excellent place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJune 6, 2018
Management team cares about your money. They want you to get your raises as frequently and as often as possible. They want you to succeed. THredUp also has an excellent training program.
It was pretty relaxed and welcoming.
Team Distribution Member (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 31, 2018
I believe they thrive on keeping you feeling comfortable and wanting to stay. They have great team members who help you advance through the different positions. It's very upbeat but at the same time, fun. I would recommend this job to anyone
Pros
3 breaks, great vending setup.
Cons
On your feet a lot
Fast paced
Picker/Packer, Stylist (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMay 25, 2018
Moving up is very easy as long as the managers like you. The leads and supervisors seem to pick favorites to promote rather than people actually working hard.
stressful, slow paste
mercher (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMay 21, 2018
a typical work day, its really hot in the summer and really cold in the winter. No central air or heating, i learned that you're not allowed freedom of speech at that job. Managers weren't as helpful as you'd think. Everyone did there own thing, the hardest part was giving up my whole day. The schedule isn't flexible. the most enjoyable part is going home and you get Saturday and Sunday off.
Pros
Saturday and Sunday (off days)
Cons
Schedule is not flexible
Thredup is the job for you if you love clothing
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMay 21, 2018
I,ve worked at thredup for 6 months and love the staff were very friendly and helpful. the job is not hard at all very easy and fun and even more fun if you love clothing.
Dont work here
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 16, 2018
They only give you 10 minute breaks and rush you to come back after 7 minutes they always make it seem like you're lying if you have a reason to leave early or miss a day and there's sooo much favoritism it's crazy. High school all over again. Management does not care about any employees except for the favorites
Pros
Wear whatever I want
Cons
Low pay short breaks poor management

Want to know more about thredUP?

Ask a question
Fun workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 10, 2018
I enjoyed everybody in the workplace , it was stress free and I felt right at home . Supervisors work well with other staff and gives everybody a chance
Pros
Group activities
Cons
No cons
Sucked
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAApril 16, 2018
Lack of communication
Lack of management
They didnt give me the call off number so i had to email the HR rep and she acted like she never got it so they fired me and said it was a no call no show and it wasnt, yet when i showed them proof in my emails they still went with the HR ladys word
They play music just not back in the carousels.
They rush you back to work after breaks
They clock your bathroom time
They allow people to do whatever but then punish others for doing the same thing.
Pros
Played music
Cons
Everything else
Not what it is all cracked up to be...
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAApril 3, 2018
ThredUp to begin with I tried to be as enthusiastic as possible about the job but the longer I stayed the longer I felt I needed to get out asap. The management was kind of crazy with so many people getting fired including them lol. It was crazy. Work days are long especially when working 3-11:30 every day your day is gone. There's a lot of culture but there's a lot of favoritism and its like high school sometimes I felt there were cliques lol.
Pros
free catered lunches, donuts, pay if you hit your jps
Cons
3-11:30pm, expectations, favoritism
Overall, great experience working for thredUP
Distribution Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMarch 8, 2018
I worked at thredUP this past summer and I thoroughly enjoyed working there! It was definitely a change of pace compared to my previous places of employment, but I have no negative complaints! It was really cool to be able to see what goes on behind the scenes of the website! So much more detail and thought is put into online companies that I would have imagined.

The leads and all of the management were very positive and encouraging. They would bring in little treats for us, like ice cream sandwiches and candy, rewarding our hard work. They also provided dinner one day each month to celebrate those who had birthdays!! They truly take a personal interest in their employees.

The atmosphere in the warehouse is so fun. There is always good music playing and getting to know your co-workers is awesome. There is a Culture Club and they create different themes for each week and that really creates an energetic, positive environment. At thredUP, there are Unites Per Hour (UPH). It is based on how fast you work and that really motivated me to work harder and faster and in turn, made time fly by!! We were allowed two breaks in addition to our lunch break!

I think the greatest thing about thredUP is all of the opportunities that are available. You start off picking and packing clothing items that are to be shipped and then you can move up to being a stylist, captain, handbags, accessories, flatbed, merchandiser, and so much more. Additionally, you have the opportunity to be cross-trained in styling and other areas! For example, I was a stylist cross-trained in handbags
  more... and then I was also trained to crop the photos that are taken and the pictures I cropped were then to be uploaded to the website! It was so fun to see all of the different clothes and to learn what type of quality they are. There are a vast amount of opportunities offered through thredUP, which makes working there never boring! It's all about how much effort you put in. Additionally, thredUP offers many different benefits which is awesome!!

Overall, working for this company has been outstanding and I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes an energetic, fast-paced environment!
Pros
Management, breaks, benefits, environment, opportunities, pay
Don't.
Distribution Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 17, 2018
I felt content at first, but advancing and moving up in the company is difficult because they DO play favoritism. I was one of the new hires that reached production goals with ease, I am a great employee wherever I am put to work. For some reason, they took so long to have me move up in the company even though my numbers were higher than many. Don't work here unless you want to stay in the same place for a long time. They play music at opposite ends of the warehouse. So, in the huge part in between where I was working it was just silent or buzzing noises from outbound. You're not allowed to have earbuds in or have some sort of music playing so the day goes by horribly slow.
It’s a ok place to work temp not perm
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 11, 2018
I accepted this job as a job to have until I found something better while I was on severance pay from my last job. It’s quick hiring process, the work isn’t hard at all. The people that work there are mostly early 20s, play around a lot, call out often, walk out of work, even argue with coworkers and management. I’m not sure what management does there other then walk around and find stuff to complain about. I would recommend this job to someone that needs something quick, somewhere easy to work to pay bills off, pay for a vacation, or a college student. It’s def not a career. Fridays are the worst for 2nd shift!! 2:30 pm-1am. By 11pm everyone is drained and stops working.
Pros
Quick hiring process, weekly pay, music while work, wear anything
Cons
young people, gossip, parking, can’t have water at work station, no training
May be fired tomorrow
Lead Stylist Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 8, 2018
If you want to work for a company that doesn't care about its employees then please work for thredUP. Corporate really needs to learn how to treat their employees especially the ones doing the labor!!! (DC's and retail locations) Business model is successful but horrible leadership.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
No job security, misleading to customers
Nice job if your a robot
Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth GaJanuary 5, 2018
Breaks are very quick, very fast paced. Must be able to work very quickly. Not be able to say anything to management. Everyone is scared of losing their job. The tension is so high you could cut it with a knife.
Pros
Catered food on holidays, and different theme days. Like cupcake day.
Cons
2 ten minute breaks and a half hour lunch. People that train for your job, really don't know the job themselves.
Great workplace
Picker/Packer/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILDecember 18, 2017
Great to work here, really enjoyed the music playing, the way your pay and fast pace depend on what your going to get paid and how well you do your job.
Cons
Sunday through thursday
Okay place to work if you need EXTRA money
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 14, 2017
It was s decent place to work. At the time there were only part time positions available and I felt like I was there to pick up the slack of the permanent employees (the stuff they didn't get to). The pay was not all that great nor were my peers. Although, I did love the music as it kept me going throughout the day.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally, music
Cons
Favoritism, Not really a job for people with bills/goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at thredUP. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7