Three Rivers Park District Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work at
LINE COOK & SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 9, 2018
Awesome place to work at, employees were fun and worked well as a group and management took care of you. It was like working with a family and the energy was great
Very friendly Colleagues
Richardson Nature Center Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 8, 2018
Responsible for the supervision and care of all the animals which include reptiles, amphibians and in some cases, raptors. Administering medication, animals diet, health, and safety. Experience with several different types of native species in Minnesota. In addition, I was also given the opportunity in leading school programs and summer camps.
Great place to work but most jobs are part time non-benefited
Interpretive Naturalist (Current Employee) –  Osseo, MNFebruary 16, 2018
I work part time - 24 hours per week - with little chance of becoming full time. There are no benefits for my position. I tend to do a lot of elementary and preschool teaching and very little actual naturalist work. I'm more teacher than naturalist.
Pros
pros good pay for part time naturalist work
Cons
non-benefited
Good place for seasonal work
Seasonal Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 16, 2018
Had a great time working here while in college. Good atmosphere and great coworkers. Wish I could keep working here after college but it doesn't align with my career path.
Team-based fun workplace
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNJanuary 8, 2018
Collaborative based workplace that allows you to work as a team to effectively create the best experience possible for customers. Management puts a lot of trust in you to allow you to do your job.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Pay
Fun work environment. Allowed for growth as person and a staff member
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 8, 2018
A typical day would all depend on what department you were working. If you were in office you would check guest in and help them with anything that they needed. If you where at the boat rental you would check our boats for people to use, and help them with anything related to the boats they might need,
Pros
Great management
Cons
Can get busy which cut into break time
Three Rivers: a place to balance nature and your nature
Custodian - Cleaning and operations of facilities (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 12, 2017
Three Rivers Park District offered a vast array of professional, introductory level and part-time seasonal opportunities for a person to reach out into nature. Advancement opportunities are available for talented and earnest individuals. Generous benefits and moderate compensation packages are grounded in diverse and solid income streams. A stress-less environment in which one can literally reach out and touch nature is serene and life affirming.
Pros
Nature, solid benefits, excellent job culture
its a place to work
snow dude (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNOctober 11, 2017
I worked there part time as life operator. Pretty fun job. Ride for free. paid pretty well for the amount of work we did. Spend a lot of time out in the cold.
L'atmosphère était sympa
Maintenance du Parc (Former Employee) –  Hennepin County, MNOctober 1, 2017
Tout le monde était gentil et il n'y avait jamais une dispute entre moi ou mes coéquipiers.
Pros
On a toujours travaillé dans la nature.
Cons
Quelques fois l'emploi était un peu ennuyant.
good
Hyland Ski and Snowboard Area Rental Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 30, 2017
Very cool job. got along with everyone very well. fit in very nice. general tasks/cleaning. filling out rental forms and setting up ski or snowboard gear for cutomers.
Great job to work at
Hyland Hills (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 20, 2017
Three rivers is a great community to be a part of. All of the management was great and all of the coworkers were amazing people. It was a fairly easy job but the culture was great and my days flew by!
Good place to work, PT in the winter
Ski Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hyland Hills in Bloomington MNMarch 24, 2017
I have worked at Hyland Hills for 10 seasons and will keep coming back. I work on the "Sixth Grade" program where we bring in as many as 350 kids on any given day, and teach them (mostly never-evers) to make turns and come to a stop on skis, such that they can be turned loose to ski the runs accessible via the chairlifts.
Some schools are tougher that others, and not every day is completely taxing. It is very rewarding to see some struggling 4th to 7th grade children make it through the course and get their "Blue Smiley Faces!"
It is a good place to work, mostly because the manager of the 6th Grade Program is a great people manager. She encourages input from all of her people, and listens to it. She also has excellent support from the Ski School Director.
Pros
Discount on meals.
Productive and fun!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Medina, MNJanuary 12, 2017
My typical day would be I arrive and either start working the register or go out and pick up golf balls. I learned how to interact with a customer and how to follow instruction. The management was phenomenal. My co-workers were also phenomenal. Hardest part of the job was having to leave at the end of the season. The most enjoyable part was being out on the golf course.
Fun place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNNovember 11, 2016
Love the company. Management is great and helpful. The work is hard especially in harsh weather, but it is still enjoyable. Many chances for advancement. Many different departments to work in.
fun workplace
Snowboard Instructor (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJune 8, 2016
lots of connecting with co workers by snowboarding during breaks going tubing and learning how to ski. great break room food. I learned a lot about dealing with small children
Pros
free season ski hill pass
Cons
weekend work
Engaging and ever changing work days.
Invasive Species Forestry Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 17, 2016
As a invasive species technician, I assisted the coordinator with planing and executing the management of various invasive plant species. My main responsibilities included:mapping new or existing invasive plant populations, guiding Conservation Corps groups of 4-5 members to the management sites, and ensuring the management plans were carried out safely and to the best of my ability.
Pros
Flexible hours, great staff
Cons
Low pay, no room for advancement
if you love skiing/ snowboarding work here
Snowboard Instructor & Snowboard Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 9, 2015
great place to work. great people. great perks (free lift ticket). opportunity to learn and grow. amazing people. definitely come work here if you love the outdoors.
Pros
you get to ski for free
Cons
long days
Passionate people doing what they love to do.
Outdoor Educator ~ Seasonal (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 22, 2015
I am lucky enough to work with people that have a passion for educating, the parks and people. The Park District is a place where I have been able to grow my passion and skills in outdoor education while learning from people who have an incredible amount of time and energy devoted to the field. I would recommend the Park District to anyone interested.
Pros
Do what you love!
Cons
Obscure hours serving the public's needs
Very poor place to work!
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 22, 2015
Management is not experienced enough to handle money they receive from Hennepin county. Very top heavy for a District Park. One might suggest the wealthy just get wealthier. Workers get nothing, the good employees leave or senior management has HR fire them. Not much for the honest worker! Very difficult establishment to work for.
Pros
Cons
Human Resources
Fun work atmosphere
Rental Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 20, 2015
I have worked at this job since I was 17. I love the atmosphere of the place that it provides for all ages. I enjoyed working with such a wide variety of people that you can learn from in some way or shape.
Pros
Free season pass
Cons
Seasonal job