Threshold Enterprises Employee Reviews

Unfair
(Temporary) - Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CASeptember 3, 2018
The front office staff was singled out to wear special smocks even while dressed professionaly while everyone else could wear whatever they liked. It was written on my performance that I wore a tee shirt, under the button up smock. I feel that I was unfairly singled out as being bossy to my fellow employees as I was expected to train them. This company needs a LOT of work.
Hired on full-time with benefits after 90 days
Special Order Processing (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAAugust 24, 2018
Picking up and sorting packages of product for shipping of parcels across the nation and arround the world. Good moral with the people there in Santa Cruz, CA. Management was attentive and present a all times. Opportunty for advancement for those who wish to excell.
Pros
More than one shift to choose from
Cons
Lots of walking, good shoes necesssary
Long hours and stressful hard work
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAJuly 8, 2018
Required overtime, 6 days a week, long drive and traffic. The company was really good about approving my requested time off. Just became too long of a drive.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
lots of hours
Temporary position
Temporary Research & Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAJuly 3, 2018
I worked in the Research & Development department scanning research reports into MS Sharepoint. This was a tedious job in that all I did was scan documents 8 hours/day.
Great oppportunity for learning
Vendor Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAJune 17, 2018
I have learned a lot working at Threshold. There are many opportunities to learn about supplements and natural products.
Threshold has a very family feeling between employees. The owner and CEO are always around and are involved in the day to day.
Come Help us transform and grow!
Manufacturing Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAMay 28, 2018
I've been with Threshold for a year now and can say that the company has and continues to transform. The changes at Threshold have been very positive for the employees. Threshold is growing extremely fast and has many new and exciting positions and opportunities as a result of this growth. They also provide many internal opportunities for training and advancement to existing employees as well. Of course with this growth comes a little chaos which in normal. Manufacturing and Packaging employees have enjoyed recent wage increases, implementation of production incentive and bonus programs along with other employee recognition programs. New plant management has brought new perspective, safety, training, professionalism, energy and excitement to the company. The culture of the company has gone through an amazing transformation and is truly an awesome place to collaborate. Aside from the goal of the company to help people be well through Wellness education and award winning products, it's simply a great place to work! The future is very bright!
Pros
Fun and exciting place to work
Cons
Fast paced and challenging work
Staff was great to work with..
Shipping/Receiving/ Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAMay 27, 2018
Seems like at times, they'd hire ANYBODY!

Some people are just not cut out for the working environment. To be honest, upper management sometimes would hire just because they knew a person personally who just needed a job, but weren't cut out for it!
A New Day at Threshold Enterprises
Vice President, Distribution & Logistics (Current Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAApril 12, 2018
I've been with Threshold for several years now and can say that the company has and continues to transform almost daily. The changes at Threshold have been very positive for the employees and the company. Threshold is growing and has many new and exciting positions and opportunities as a result of this growth, and has also provided many internal opportunities for training and advancement to existing employees as well. Warehouse and Manufacturing employees have enjoyed recent wage increases, implementation of production incentive and bonus programs along with other employee recognition programs. New management in many areas over the past couple of years has brought new perspective, energy and excitement to the company. The culture of the company has gone through an amazing transformation and is truly an awesome place to collaborate. Aside from the goal of the company to help people be well through Wellness education and award winning products, it's simply a great place to work!

A New Day at Threshold Enterprises...
Pros
Amazing Team, Great Culture, World Class Products
Cons
No Complaints
Great opportunity to advance
Executive Administrator (Current Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAApril 11, 2018
This is a 40 year old company under new management. There are a lot of positive changed being made. There are brilliant, talented positive employees that all collaborate well together. If you are looking for a place to grow and work in a team environment in a great location this company as huge potential.
Pros
Convenient commute, great opportunity to learn
Cons
A bit of growing pains and lacking in diversity of employees but trying hard to improve
Executive Management - Pulling it Together
IT Director - Senior IT Executive (Current Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAMarch 4, 2018
Through a lot of team building the executive team is really pulling everything together, we have turned things around from several years of difficult reorganization and the Company is on solid footing and moving things forward. The future is very bright for Threshold.
Pros
Company Culture
Cons
A lot of legacy issue with systems and processes.
management
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAOctober 30, 2017
Management's job was to push low paid workers $11 per hour, to work as 3 people. Boss didnt use metrics, cruel to employees. Cutthroat employer, worse than Amazon.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Reviews not given in a timely manner.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CASeptember 29, 2017
Some of the people are fun to work with and others will look to stab you in the back just to try and cover their butt. Reviews were never given annually as promised.
Typical warehouse bad management
Employee (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 20, 2017
Don't expect to be treated like a human being. Expect to be belittled daily in morning meetings and reporting anything you are offended by to be quickly dismissed. The place has high turnover based on management and their inability to speak with employees with any resemblance of respect.
Pros
incentive checks based on facility production
Cons
Incentive checks are used as against employees
very stressful environment if u get to overwhelmed
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAAugust 11, 2017
While working at threshold ltd. I was trying to earn a higher level of experience to pursue more areas to work which I did learn more and moved up 2 more jobs to full fill and earned a good raise after a half year it was great!!!
Pros
employee BBQ for the whole shift
Cons
no communication at all
relaxed
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAAugust 7, 2017
you work 10 hours a day per day but its a really relaxed vibe. you work mainly only on your own. it basically like shopping. you get a list you find the items and then you package them
desperate times call for desperate measures
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAJuly 19, 2017
This was a 6 day a week Graveyard shift job. It kept me busy but i also had no life for the month and a half i worked here. I would start work at 10pm and get out by 6 am. I never really saw my friends and had to make due with my employees. Some of those employees were ex-cons so it was never a truly trustworthy environment. I remember an employee got his new computer stolen from the lockers and they never really tried to follow up on finding it.

Typical day was cut up into 2 breaks and a lunch with an alarm to inform everyone. I mainly cleaned up the rooms after they were used for vitamin production. Later i started helping with the mixing and milling processes. It was a lot of manual labor involved and also the working environment was very loud. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing macro scale synthesis first hand and learning about the QC/QA part of this industry. That is something i can use for the rest of my career life. Other than that though, this was through a temp agency and i was not paid properly. I'm glad that temp agency went under and got sued, they were violating so many rights just to exploit people and their pay. One of the reasons i quit.
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
Not a professional environment, even with the long time employees there
Interesting field
Administrative Assistant-Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAJune 27, 2017
Interesting co-workers
the campus needs to be renovated
I learned new skills
Some Managers were challenging to work with
Need to spend more on infrastructure ie: better A/C kitchenette facilities, etc.

l
Pros
somewhat flexible schedule, nice catering
Cons
lower pay, not great healthcare
Room for advancement
AR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAJune 23, 2017
This a great place to work with a lot of room to advance. I started on the floor packing boxes. Became a lead then was given my own team to run the warehouse needs. I finished off in accounting.
Pros
Advancing possible
Cons
Communication
Recent changes in upper management are significantly improving Threshold
Manager (Current Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAJune 8, 2017
Departments at Threshold vary widely, so prospective candidates should evaluate the department they are applying to, and not rely solely on the reviews posted here, many of which are only relevant for manufacturing and warehouse positions, which have been justifiably described as difficult and undercompensated.
Recent changes in upper management are significant and are already leading to improvements in work conditions in most departments.
Now is a good time to join Threshold and to take advantage of the improved work conditions and to help push for continued progress.
Pros
Flexible hours, kind coworkers
Cons
Pay scale is low side for many still.
great place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 24, 2017
great place to work, excellent management, hardest part of working is being on our feet for 11 hours, i enjoy my coworkers. and a typical day work!!!!
Pros
awesome people
Cons
short breaks