Threshold Giving Employee Reviews

a lot of manipulation to make the job seem great
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAJune 17, 2019
1. its $15 / hour NOT $20-30
2 Saturdays are MANDATORY NOT OPTIONAL. Unless you meet your 6 for the week, you HAVE to go out.
3. Management will lie about you and misinterpret everything you say. They do NOT care about your safety and honestly I genuinely feel as though management would prefer I suffer a severe car accident and injury rather than just go home because of severe weather threats that are giving me EMERGENCY alerts. They never, ONCE checked on me even when I hadnt dropped a location pin in over an hour because of talking to a door or something, they are NOT keeping track of your safety

BUT i did really enjoy my teammates and became really good friends with all of them. This was the friendliest work environment I have ever worked in. BUT i cannot forgive the awful, bully-like atmosphere of the management team.
Great pay, management, and cause
Canvasser (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 10, 2019
Was interviewed and hired and in for training all within a weeks time. They pay pretty good and for people who are passionate about helping and making a difference in the world. The management are great. Very open and honest, they focus on constantly helping you be better and grow in the position. One of my managers, she literally calls and texts me throughout the week to see how my week is going and anything that can help me. I love that they care about their employees. There is walking and having to push yourself to be the best you can be so definitely being motivated is a must.
Pros
Great management Pay cause and benefits
Passionate Opportunity
Professional Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 4, 2019
Threshold Giving is a very unique company. I was actually recognized and rewarded for my hard work. There's a ton of incentives, so you pretty much make your own pay besides the base $15. My paycheck was typically about or over 1k for 2 weeks.

The management lifts you up and is constantly rooting for your success. The manager in Raleigh is young, but she really cares about you as a person, not just an employee. We had a lot of fun.

The only downside is that yeah, it can be stressful. You have to be passionate about animals and making a difference. Otherwise, you're out in the weather.. facing rejection. You can meet that 1 to 4 people that are so glad you came! But it's tough when you don't find them. Every job comes with it's cons though. You shouldn't take the position if you hate the weather.
Pros
Team and independent work, hour break, group activities, petting animals.
Cons
Weekly goal, self-motivated, requires passion
Positive attitudes and teamwork but no job security and low pay
Cavasser (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 19, 2019
It is NOT 25-30 dollars an hour. It is 15/hr and the incentives for getting members are only valid if the customers stay on past 3 months... If not you owe them back! I love protecting animal rights and this is a very noble cause but walking around in the cold and rain to 50 houses a day in hopes of getting 1to 2 yeses was too overwhelming.
Pros
Team work, positive manager
Cons
Pay, hazardous conditions
I will always remember my time on Team NYC!
Field Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2019
I absolutely loved working for the Humane Society on the NYC team of Threshold Giving. From the fun we had in trainings to the feeling of success that came from setting and achieving our team goals. The friendships I made are what I'm most grateful for. The job is tough but with practice it becomes a lot easier, like the managers always said to me the more fun you have the more you connect with people !
Lots of drama
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 22, 2019
The people who work for this company are great people but love to talk behind peoples back. The girl who was manager is very young who is the same age as a lot of the other works. This leads to conflict between the canvassers and her. She is a great trainer I do have to give her that but just doesn’t know how to manage a group of people.
Pros
Great opportunity
Cons
Drama weather
Amazing work for a great purpose
Professional Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2019
If you don’t like being stuck in an office and like talking to people, this job is amazing. We have a great team as well so our meetings are always fun. Not to mention the fact that you can go home at the end of the day knowing you’re doing great things. Also, keeping a positive mindset going door to door will get you to have you having that mindset everywhere else in life. Overall super amazing job and opportunity
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJanuary 8, 2019
I find that this is a good job for someone who loves animals, who loves to be constantly moving instead of sitting down in a desk. The pay is good and unlimited but it’s up to yourself how much you really wanna make. However it is tons of walking .
Pros
It’s a quick days of work
Cons
You’re in the weather
Relaxed yet productive work environment
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 6, 2018
The work environment at threshold giving was absolutely incredible. It’s definitely a team-oriented job, which results in a strong bond with coworkers! There is also some healthy competition involved which always keeps the workday interesting and the fundraisers motivated. The pay is good and the job is very rewarding! The manager is great and is always keeping the team well-informed and motivated. She is always willing to address any concerns anyone has without hesitation. If you are friendly and passionate about change, this job is perfect!
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
A lot of walking
So much fun, great team, pet animals
Professional Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 5, 2018
I honestly love this job and this company. This is the best job I’ve ever had and my team is amazing. We work hard to motivate each other and help our teammates improve each day. Our manager is so understanding and super fun. She’s always willing to go the extra mile to make sure we’re doing our best. I get to talk about a huge passion of mine, pet animals all day, and work in an environment where my hard work and dedication are appreciated and rewarded. Couldn’t ask for a better company to work for.
Pros
Outside, great management, animals!, rewards and benefits
Fun workplace environment
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 5, 2018
Good company culture, they made a effort to make sure everyone felt comfortable and supported. Healthy competition between team members to keep you motivated.
The best company!
Canvasser (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 7, 2018
This job is fun, fast paced, inspiring, and helps the world. We make long lasting change, get to speak and meet tons of people everyday, and build long lasting friendships in the work place. Every single manager in this company cares about their employees and really pushes them to succeed. The best part of the job is your team and getting to meet the animals. The commission pay is great and is really based off the effort you put in, but you always have the comfort of hourly as well. We have insurance, benefits, and if anything ever comes up emergency wise— management is so understanding. Seriously one of the best jobs and companies out here!
Pros
Team Based, High pay, Meeting animals, Fun
Great!
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 17, 2018
Management is amazing!! They really focus on making you as successful as possible. It’s a job that requires you to bring passion and dedication to the position. The TL here is wonderful!
Pros
Cons
Goal Oriented
Part time position
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCFebruary 2, 2018
For a part time position the pay is fine. You really would have to be passionate about the welfare of animals to perform well. Most difficult sales role I've encountered.
High Pay, Purely self motivated
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  jerseyNovember 3, 2017
This is a great job if you need money and are willing to talk to people for hours on end. Not for everyone, this is the typeof job that will wear you down physically, certainly not for people who are easily pushed. The only people who naturally succeed at this job, are self motivated people. If you have an "off" day your paycheck will reflect it.
Pros
high pay, some markets have PTO
Cons
tedious, physically demanding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Threshold Giving. Our community is ready to answer.