Thrift City Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
wonderful place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  amarillo texasDecember 9, 2017
everyone there is wonderful everyone works to together to make it a sucess the executive director is the greatest they help so many people in the community and are so good to the people that work for them
Pros
good enviroment great people
Cons
job doesnt last long enough
Not a good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2017
The work load itself was not horrible, however, the system in which it was managed was chaotic and the employees who had been there when I began working were in fact quite rude and did not present a good work ethic.The management was poor in the sense that they did not seem to care too much about employees. While working there I felt very shunned by all employees, including management and the overall work culture felt very biased and unprofessional.
Workplace culture
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLAugust 26, 2017
Stressful environment!!! Owners seemed unfriendly to associates. Not very respectable and treated employees like they were beneath them. Company would be profitable if they could keep employees and treat them like the humans they are.
Gets tedious
Sorter/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 2, 2017
They are pretty flexible in their scheduling, and are good about letting you do your job independently. There is slot of heavy lifting for everyone, as everyone helps unload the trucks. It is hot in the summer. Fast paced ,for the most part, but adequate breaks. Not much opportunity to advance in the company.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Cant shop
Great People
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2017
Thrift City has a great work staff. Everybody is welling to help one another. They are very understanding as well. Welling to work with employees. Great Teamwork and very honest work environment
Cons
Not enough hours
The store manager was very unprofessional!
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXApril 19, 2015
There was no communication in the workplace, no one informed anyone about anything when the working process was going downhill, I'd had been informed at the last minute that someone else was carrying my workload...

Most thrift store managers are not professional enough to communicate to employees about the working process...
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Energetic work place where there is always something to do
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 6, 2013
A typical day at work was cleaning the dressing room, cashier, greeting people and help them find something, put back clothes to where it belongs.
Pros
great coworker and manager
Cons
healthcare
Same as Texas Thrfit
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 28, 2013
Management was handled unprofessionally, and very poorly. There was no communication between us co-workers, whatsoever...the supervisors were extremely unprofessional, and incompetent in assigning tasks, and unfair in payroll.
Fun and team oriented environment
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 22, 2012
My days at Thrift City were complex from unloading trucks, to pricing items, cashiering, etc.I learned how to be an effective team player. The store manager was very much involved with the day to day store operations. My co-workers were awesome and very easy to get along with. the hardest part of the job was unloading trucks. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with returning customers.
Pros
some charity work
Cons
the closing of the store
Amazing Customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 3, 2012
I did the Store Managers job, never had enough time to focus on my job responsibilities, My employees enjoyed working with me because there wasn't a high level of stress. What I enjoyed about my job is that my costumers would come in and look for me personally and to bring a smile to there face always made my day
Pros
great customers
Cons
no life