Thriftway Pharmacy

Working at Thriftway Pharmacy: 16 Reviews

United States16 reviews

Ok

Thriftway pharmacy was a good company but was sold to cvs so they are no longer open for business as of July of 2015. There is no more pharmacy there

Respectful and Exciting

I worked for Thriftway Pharmacy for 8+ years. i worked in most of the stores owned by Thriftway and if they needed me to would go. i loved all my coworkers/friends there and still keep in contact with them.

Thriftway Pharmacy insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues

tech

work is great.its so easy to find out meds and fill counting etc.the people of inside working there also so friendly and helpful enough.i love that place

fun workplace

awesome to help people around at the store and just getting to have the chance to help people with certain things. usually I am restocking on items that are low in stock .

Like A Second Home

Thriftway was easily one of the best jobs I've ever had. The managers were stern yet made an effort to relate to the employees. All of the workers got along and treated each other like family. The workload was challenging yet fun, and there we had very close bonds with our customers.

Good place to work the customers were tough at times . Employees were great very friendly ,they had alot of diverse products for the differnt walks of life that came in to shop

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Health benifits were not that good

productice and fun work place

The most interesting and amazing place to work at. The managers are wonderful and the employees are very nice and helpful. Love working there and love the community.

I always look foward to work everyday its never a boring day, there is always something to do and everyone work together.

I have been working at Thriftway Pharmacy for over 4 years now and i really love the job everyone there is like family. I love helping the customers there so friendly.

Pros

Close to where i live

Cons

There is no benefits

Fun place to work

I learned a great deal from the pharmacist. He was although hard on me, I feel as tho it did pay off.

Pros

Good people

Cons

The store closed.

Family Pharmacy

Family oriented environment. Small Community-based pharmacy. Typical day would be setting up for deliveries. Taking care of customers questions and taking prescriptions from the front counter. Taking inventory from the storage and back part of the store to the shelves and registering over-the-counter products on the cash register. Taking phone orders from customers whether deliveries or anticipating refills on prescriptions. Filtering phone calls from doctors and nurse practioners. Translating for customers if necessary in Spanish. Ocassionaly inputting of financial information into customer reference books. Deliveries would average from 11am to 5 pm but not limited to these hours. Pick up prescriptions from patients and if necessary. Wheelchair deliveries to commercial hotels or resident's home. Fast paced workplace and very little socializing and lunch time. One Supervising Pharmacist on premises at all times.

Pros

Relatively simple work, flexible scheduling

Cons

No growth, limited spacing

a good place to work

very busy pre filling prescription,enter prescription in computer,calling insurances,answering phone ,communicate with customers,put away the drugs when order comes in daily.my co-workers >good to get along with, hardest part>nothing,my most enjoyable experience is when customers appreciate and thank you ,that what make my day a happy one.

Very productive

Hired and trained staff, enjoyed merchandising, and plan-o-grams

Pros

Dealing with customers

Learning experience

I started at this company as a cashier and quickly moved up to a pharmacy technician, everyone was willing to help me succeed in my certification exam, really hated having to relocate and leave that job.

Family type environment with nice people

it is pretty busy and there is always something to do the best part is helping the customers and how friendly they are

Learning and productive environment

Working for pharmacy by far was one of the most cultural developed and well managed job i have ever had. It had good benefits also, co workers were very communicative between each other. We had a short staff not to many people per shift switches which made your hours more fruitful. it was well organized and managed and it helped me understand the business criteria

Respectible Environment

I liked this job mostly because I learned things that I never thought I'll ever learn being that it wasn't in my job criteria. I'm very happy to say I learned how to do money grams, lottery for hopeful winners, alongside inventory and pricing. This was all a one man's job besides being a cashier checking out customer items. The people were very friendly and this was a well kept neighborhood with no drama. I was actually excited when customers came in because without them (having no coworkers to talk to) I was completely bored.

Pros

easily assecible

Cons

short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thriftway Pharmacy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits