Thrifty White Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stressful environment
Pharmacy Clerk/Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Moose Lake, MNJuly 10, 2018
Stressful environment with poor management and inadequate pay. Management was not compassionate when I had an illness to my child and needed to take time off to care for her.
Poor management but flexible schedules
Pharmacy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 20, 2018
No real management. Unfair pay scale. Been working there longer than anyone else in my area, but get paid less than new hires. Lots of laziness and screw ups that I have to fix and take up the slack. No pay raises. Most people are fun to work with, but some obviously show up just for the paychecks.
Pros
Flexible schedules, pot lucks
Cons
No pay raises, poor management, unfair pay scales, unfair work distribution, favoritism
Stressful cut-throat environment with cheap labor
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  ND/MNJune 16, 2018
Not too long ago, over 75% of pharmacist staff was cut out and since then they are always hiring cheap labor such as increasing residents to 4 this year plus millions of interns and technicians working down in 52 (nursing home production) and 61 (central fill site production mail order). They are always asking salaried workers to work overtime without getting paid, especially the already underpaid residents. Job security isn't good as turnover rate is very high and employees quit left and right, or Thrifty finds a way to let good employees go and keep the bad ones on board. Not many people smile at this workplace and it wasn't fun to work at. Definitely do not recommend working for Thrifty. You will be better off a different pharmacy retail company for sure (besides CVS, probably). Management is also fake and full of lies. They just want to hide the truth and Thrifty's ethics are on the low totem pole. Small mistakes made are also reprimanded heavily on the employee, even though unintentional and mostly due to the system's fault plus poor management. Thrifty values quantity over quality when helping patients: they would rather help more patients just a little (or even not at all- they just want their business and will break whichever ethical law there is to get them to fill with Thrifty) than to give patients the proper help and respect they deserve. I disagree with their policy and ethics in helping patients.
Cons
short breaks, short staffed
Was a fun place to work.
Pharmacy Clerk/Tech in Training (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 28, 2018
this job was okay. i enjoyed it mostly because of the people i worked with. my boss was very great all the way until the end but that’s what happens in real life i guess
Productive and Fun Workplace
Pharmacy Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Denison, IAMarch 29, 2018
Great feed back and always efficient work environment. I enjoyed walking in everyday and learning something new even when least expected. Positive employees and all are always ready to jump in and be the team player.
I liked working there
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNMarch 7, 2018
My first job after finishing school. Very nice people to work with. Very busy at times. Always things to keep you busy. They gave you time off if needed.
laid back and easy job
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Forest Lake, MNMarch 2, 2018
it was a fun, upbeat job. i helped the customers. I helped the pharmacy. i took phone calls. i always had a project to do when i came in. alot of cleaning jobs
Professional
Technician (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 23, 2018
Good Company with a professional atmosphere. Can be stressful at times. Management does not seem to trust with additional duties so there is down time.
Love it
Data Entry Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 9, 2018
I love working at thrifty White so much. It is a super laid back and chill place to work and I feel really grateful for the opportunity. I’ve worked a couple different pharmacy jobs and this is the best
Pros
Hours, benefits, pay
Cons
I wouldn't work there again if they wanted to hire me
Senior Technical Developer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 12, 2017
Non Management people were really nice and helpful. Got a discount on prescriptions. Nice summer company picnic. Nice Christmas party. Easy free and close parking .
Amazing, Friendly,Outgoing
Pharmacy Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Denison, IAOctober 14, 2017
At Thrifty White Pharmacy they are very kind and friendly individuals. They are very patient and organized. I enjoyed so many things there especially how friendly all the staff were to all of their customers. I would recommend this job to absolutely everyone.
I was only a toter
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 22, 2017
I was nice to be hired into this job because I was only in high school how ever I was treated as such. It is a very fast passed enviroment in which I liked but if there ever was a mistake they always looked at the toters first as if we were always the cause.
Stressful and lack of communication from corporate
Store Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cloquet, MNSeptember 19, 2017
They do pay well compared to other pharmacies in the area. The vacation time is nice also. The medical insurance is not the best, but their isn't many that are now days.
Decent place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  MNAugust 30, 2017
Decent place to work. Good pay and benefits are really good. No work on major holidays and paid time off and sick leave after your first year. Only problem is that there is a ceiling to how far you can advance unless you have formal education, but that's to be expected.
Pros
Pay and benefits are great
Cons
Not much room to move up unless you are educated
Internship Details
Pharmacy Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Denison, IAAugust 4, 2017
Although the time I spent at Thrifty White was short, I had a lot of fun working with the staff and filling prescriptions. The workers were friendly and willing to help me learn.
Demanding but rewarding
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 19, 2017
The company strives for the best of all markets that it works with. There are constant changes to workflow and what is expected for the productivity. In the pharmacy the communication is something to be desired with the management.
diverse, LTC and retail facility
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNMay 23, 2017
fast paced, customer oriented. not paid what worth. manager had a non assertive attitude, let things slide that should not. with right team very productive
Only job I ever walked out on in 40 years!!!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 29, 2017
Hated to go to work! You were not allowed to sit even if order entry. So much favoritism. I was a smoker at the time and had to hang my jacket away from everyone else. One tech had a kitchen timer and would set it whenever anyone went on break and watch for them to come back
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Favoritism
Favorite place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDFebruary 27, 2017
This was honestly the best place I have ever worked at. Aside from a couple of rude employees it was amazing. I absolutely loved every bit of the company. The only reason why I left was because I had moved.
Pros
Would order lunch on Saturdays, amazing staff, understanding, willing to work around schedule, discounts
Cons
A couple of bad employees
An excellent place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 26, 2017
A great place to work. Flexible schedule, positive co-workers and management. Good compensation and benefits. Much opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Positive co-workers and management
Cons
Work can get somewhat repetitive