Thrive Autism Solutions Employee Reviews

Fun, energizing workplace
RBT (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 28, 2019
Management and employees are understanding, compassionate, and VERY helpful! Every day is a great day to come to work! I really enjoy being here and interacting with the clients.
Poor Management Forced Me To Leave
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJanuary 26, 2019
I'm not sure if this goes for all Thrive locations, but this review definitely goes for the STL area.

Those in charge do not take any employee concerns seriously, the BCBAs are very arrogant and unhelpful, and the company acted more as a sorority than an appropriate work place. Many of the BCBAs would gossip and act antagonistic towards behavior techs, which made it awkward and uncomfortable for us to ask for help (about a client's program, scheduling, etc). You get your weekly hour requirement for the most part, which is nice, but you risk having long work days with awkward 1-2 hour breaks in between each client, or clients right after the other leaving no time for a lunch break. Driving long distances grew to be mentally draining since, as opposed to some other companies, there isn't a cap on how much driving (frequency nor distance) we are obligated to go. You do get compensated for drive time and mileage though, which again, is very nice. The turnover rate is high, not because ABA can be a draining field (which it is), but because us techs aren't being respected and compensated fairly for the work we do/did.

I want to note that not all of the BCBAs were intimidating, there were a select couple that made me feel like I wasn't crazy and I learned a great deal from them; however, there were still enough that made it an awkward and uncomfortable work environment for everybody. I feel it's worth noting here that I understand BCBAs worked and trained very hard for their positions, but the cattiness, lack of approachability, and superiority from their side was condescending,
  more... disrespectful, and extremely unprofessional. Instead of developing us to be better techs, we were made to feel too embarrassed and awkward to ask any questions. And, if we did, we wouldn't always get an insightful and helpful response anyway. We're constantly brushed off as if anything we said or asked was a waste of time.

It's a shame the turnover rate is so high and that the work environment is so hostile, because this oftentimes then affects the clients. I know I speak for myself, and many other techs, when I say that if the work environment were more healthy, and schedules more sustainable, I would have stayed.
Pros
compensation for drive time AND mileage, fellow behavior techs, amazing clients
Cons
management, hostile work environment, scheduling
Great Job
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 24, 2019
I love Thrive! I have learned so much here! I have actually decided to make this my career. It can be stressful at times but working with kids is the best reward. We all work together as a team and everyone watches out for one another. This place has changed a lot for me!
Pros
iI
Collaborative & Supportive Work Environment
Board Certified Behavior Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 24, 2019
Incredible place to work! No day is ever the same, I am constantly learning something new. All of my co-workers are supportive and I feel valued as an employee. The BEST part about working with Thrive is the opportunity to change kids lives each and every day in a way that is meaningful. I would recommend this job to anyone who enjoys a friendly, collaborative environment and making a difference!
Positive work culture & excellent management
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 24, 2019
Beginning work at Thrive Autism Solutions was a seamless transition. I was given checklists, training materials, and the opportunity to ask questions. A large part of being comfortable in any job is knowing what is expected of you, and the Little Rock director is excellent at this. If you are looking for a career with kids with disabilities, and you are looking to grow your career and build your resume, Thrive is the place to be. We are a leader in providing ABA therapy in central Arkansas.

I work behind a desk, but I love being in a supportive role in ordering supplies for the behavioral technicians and getting them what they need to be successful, so they give their clients the treatment they need. The program director here selects candidates carefully and intentionally, and it shows. Everyone here has a positive attitude because they're doing what they love (and the director is thorough in training her staff).

I came from a job where I feared hard work would go unnoticed (and it did, ultimately), but at Thrive, you are noticed and appreciated for a job well done. It's a great company with excellent benefits, and I'm very happy to work here.
Great place to learn and grow
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJanuary 24, 2019
I came to Thrive without specific knowledge about autism. I'd worked with children in many different contexts but only had brief interactions with those who had autism. In the early days, I was given the opportunity to learn about the work we do at Thrive through formal training (which could be a little dry) and observational sessions. Our jobs are not easy as we are always searching for the best way to teach and the expectations of us are high but the payoff is great. Seeing children learn and succeed is very special. Everyone at Thrive works daily toward that goal!
Pros
friendly atmosphere, support from supervisors and peers, helping children learn new skills
Cons
demanding physically and mentally
Do Not Apply
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOJanuary 17, 2019
I cannot stress enough how much of an unhealthy environment Thrive is! Insurance not offered, lied to about hours from beginning, constantly changing schedule even day of without notice, some improper use of ABA, manipulative atmosphere to silence employees, driving long distances (sometimes 45 min to an hour), made to work holidays like Christmas if you did not request off weeks in advance, sometimes could not get days off even with 2 weeks notice, thrown in with clients that you did not have files for, continuous badgering for calling in sick (Would keep asking over and over again on how exactly how you were sick even when your not usually sick), clients scheduled one right after another at times making it impossble to take breaks, sometimes a lunch was not included in on schedules, left alone in clinic with client sometimes in evening hours, not always paid for some mileage, disregard for legitimate concerns made by employees, scheduled long hours (sometimes 10+hours in a day). Thrive begins like a dream come true and turns into your worst nightmare. I only stayed as long as I did because I convinced myself that somehow I could ignore all of the above things and so much more because I loved every single minute with the children I worked with.
Pros
The children
Cons
Everything else
Awesome Job
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 3, 2018
Basically, Thrive is a great place to start your career or further it if you are a BCBA. Almost all the BCBAs there are kind, will work with you, and care a lot about their clients. The director is great and kind as long as you stay professional and are a team player. It is a great work environment with a TON of encouragement, praise, and reward for your hard work. No good deed goes unnoticed at Thrive! Typically as a Behavior Technician you work with clients one on one for usually no more than 4 hours with one client at a time doing ABA therapy. The clinic is an awesome, fun place to be with all the activities and toys around, and the pay is more than fair for a starting position. Come work at Thrive!
Pros
Amazing team, great environment, good managers
Cons
Not a lot of breaks, hard work, behaviors from kids
Work hard, play hard
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 4, 2018
Thrive does important hard work and has fun while doing it. Services are focused on increasing the happiness of each client and their entire family. Team members in all positions are continuously provided with professional development opportunities. The culture and quality of services at Thrive are the best I have experienced. Providing ABA treatment to children with autism can be intense - team members have to be consistent and "on" 100% of the time. For me, the hardest and the most enjoyable parts of the job is the emotional energy highs and lows.
Stressful, but full of good people
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARApril 1, 2018
Several stressful parts about the job including the hours, and insurance, but very good people work there, and the experience is very beneficial for anyone.
Fun Place to Work with Children with Disabilities
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARFebruary 28, 2018
Thrive Autism Solutions is a great company that provides ABA therapy to children diagnosed with autism. Behavior technicians receive training and give ABA therapy to clients in the clinic, home, and in some schools. If you are interested in special education or working with children with disabilities this job will be a good fit for you! During a typical day I get to have fun with children, play games, celebrate milestones both big and small, and interact with great families and coworkers. It can take a lot of energy to work one on one with clients and keep sessions fun and engaging, but as you see them make progress it is completely worth it! I feel like I'm making a difference in someone's life every day.
Pros
Work with children, Supportive environment, on the job training, fun, fast-paced
Strong Values, Incredible People, Fantastic Opportunities
Program Director (Current Employee) –  NorthWest ArkansasFebruary 28, 2018
I have had the pleasure of working alongside Thrive leadership as the company has grown over the years. It has been a joy to watch and participate as Thrive employees have worked to realize our goals while staying true to our core values. These values drive every interaction we have with our clients, their families and with each other.

I'm proud of and grateful for the company Thrive has become. The talented behavior technicians, clinicians and clerical staff make Thrive the warm and inviting organization we are today. The therapy we provide is truly life changing!

Core Values

Give hope through knowledge
Create fun and happiness
Be passionate and determined
Learn from everyone and everything
Celebrate growth and success
Set standards for integrity
Develop every client and every team member to her fullest potential
Apply science by making data based decisions
Pros
Leadership, dedicated employees, life changing work
Challenging, but rewarding position
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARFebruary 8, 2018
I learned so much about autism and ABA therapy in my time as a behavior technician. I did not have prior experience in the field, but the company provided all the training I needed to succeed. This included initial online training and meetings, and then ongoing supervision and training on each of my caseloads. I found the workplace environment to be extremely positive and encouraging. The best part about this job was seeing noticeable, exciting progress in the lives of the children and families. There is something so rewarding about celebrating milestones, no matter how big or small. Working one on one with students during back to back sessions does require high energy and stamina. Challenging situations are bound to happen and require patience. It is tough work, but it is rewarding and inspiring work to be a part of.
Love my job and Co-Workers!
Board Certified Behavior Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 8, 2018
I love working as a BCBA for Thrive! I have worked for many other ABA providers in my career, and Thrive is by far the best company with which I have ever been employed. Thrive endorses an environment of cooperation and collaboration. Technicians and Behavior Analysts work together to create an amazing organization for both our clients and employees. I always feel supported in my job and feel as though I can offer my co-workers the support they need and deserve. There can be later evenings, but that is the nature of working with many families, especially those who have children in school during the day. Although there can be some later days, I still find that I have a fair work-life balance with this organization. I receive fair benefits at Thrive including medical, dental, and life insurance, as well as PTO and sick time. My weekly goals as a BCBA keep me busy, but my expectations are entirely manageable, which is not always the case in this field. I wouldn't trade my job or co-workers for anything. The best part of the job is seeing children learn new skills and do things their family or they themselves may have never even imagined were possible! I would recommend this job to anyone who is looking to make a difference, is eager to help others, or wants to work with children.
Pros
Friendly environment, working with kids, collaboration
Rewarding Place to Work
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARFebruary 7, 2018
Thrive Autism Solutions is a great place to work if you are interested in going into the field of special education or behavior analysis. The supervisors at Thrive really care about the happiness of their employees and take the time to train their staff members on each individual client. If you love working with children and want a job that is rewarding and meaningful, this is definitely the job for you :)
Pros
Rewarding, paid drive time, free supervision hours
Not what it appears
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 31, 2018
Working at Thrive was stressful to say the least. Staff schedules were never completed on time, some clients lived over an hour away from where you lived, late nights and long weekends. Management was unapproachable, and there was not sufficient training. Would not recommend Thrive as a job.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Schedule, drive time, management, training, professionalism.
Rewarding and Great Environment!
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJanuary 30, 2018
Thrive is an amazing place to work! Working with kids is beyond rewarding, and you get to be a part of teaching them new skills. They are willing to work around your school schedule or other obligations. You work as a team, and the supervisors are always there to answer your questions or help you out during a session! Definitely recommend it as a place to work!
Fun creative team of people who care about kids & families
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJanuary 29, 2018
Challenges: For me the most challenging part of this job is the physical and mental energy it takes to do one long session of therapy with a child. This is no fault of the company; this is just the nature of Applied Behavior Analysis as a Behavior Tech.

Atmosphere: To me the team at Thrive is fun, and they really seem to hire the right kind of people: everyone is creative, funny, hardworking yet easygoing - we're working with kids so you have to be able to laugh at yourself! The management, support staff, behavior analysts and techs are always sending emails of shout outs to coworkers, etc., to me a sign of a healthy work atmosphere. I don't find Thrive to be a place where you'll hear griping around the office. At most coworkers are venting about a taxing day but no major complaints. Of course schedules can never be perfect, due to the nature of working around multiple families' calendars, but I've always felt that office staff has been approachable and work hard to get things better for you if a concern comes up.
Pros
Fun coworkers and atmosphere, awesome kids
Cons
Not for the easily exhausted!
Awesome Job working with Kids
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2018
Thrive is one of the best places I've ever worked. The job we do is awesome and important, but hard - it's not for everyone, but the kids are what make it great. The team I work with is supportive and helpful, esp with coworkers covering for each other if you're sick or need off. Some people start part-time, but can end up working full-time when there are hours (and get PTO, holidays, insurance). Management cares about techs and clients, and helps with problems with schedules or sessions. I've seen kids start talking, and graduate!! #thriveninjas4life
Pros
paid drive time/mileage; free coffee; working with kids
Cons
tantrums; changing diapers haha; late hours
Great services but less than ideal management
Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARDecember 31, 2017
Thrive provides some of the best therapy I have ever seen fro children with autism. However, while we excel in customer/client satisfaction, we lack in employee happiness. Thrive's management is chaotic and unhelpful and thrive in general is unorganized.
Pros
experience, friendly coworkers
Cons
management, unorganization