Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good company to work for.
Private Duty Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 2, 2018
It is a good company to work for. They are willing to train you and work with you on learning new skills.
Flexible schedule. Pay rate is low and not competitive with other private duty companies.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low rate of pay, not competitive with other companies
Worst job ever!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 5, 2018
I would not recommend this company to anyone! They ask you to go above and beyond for them and do nothing in return! They don't even thank you! Horrible staffing and supervisors!
March 29, 2018

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your employment with Thrive. We’re sorry you did not have a positive experience. We openly solicit feedback from our new and existing employees on a regular basis and wish you would have given us the opportunity to address your concerns prior to terminating. We provide high quality clinical homecare to medically fragile children so they can grow and flourish to their full potential. As such, our children sometimes require care beyond regularly scheduled hours. Our field clinicians are never forced to “go above and beyond” to meet the scheduled needs of our patients. Rather, they are given the opportunity to provide care as needed. We hold our clinicians to the highest standards when it comes to the provision of excellent care and strive to value and appreciate them and provide a supportive working environment. We will share your thoughts with our team.

Strives to provide excellant service to patients
Employee (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 3, 2018
Technology driven. Willing to invest in resources for staff to ensure a seamless provision of services and DME to patients. Patient care is top priority.
Great management and training
LPN (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMarch 1, 2018
Training and communication with employess is fantastic. Unfortunately they did not have enough patients in my region to give me enough hours to stay employed.
Purpose Driven
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 28, 2018
The thing I love about Thrive is that it always comes around to the purpose, To Provide High Quality Clinical Home Care to Medically Fragile Children So They Can Grow and Flourish to Their Full Potential. This purpose is repeated over and over so as to keep employees focused on the end game.

All tough decisions can be made easier by considering this purpose.

A lot of small mom and pop home care companies believe in this purpose, but larger companies do not. With Thrive, it is the best of both worlds.
Pros
Meaningful work
Cons
Sometimes the work is tough on the heart
Great core values
Private Duty Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 14, 2018
Great people., caring, helpful and available. Please are really nice. They are available 24/7. Can be reach easily at any time when questions. Nice people.
Pros
Great values
Cons
Changing to electronic
Since being bought out by Thrive there is not much work for CNAs.
CNA II (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 8, 2018
Thrive was formerly Health & Home but since becoming Thrive they only take on Pediatric cases. There is no room for advancement. The RNs take on the new cases and stay with them, leaving no work for the CNAs to do. CNAs still continue to serve existing adult clients when needed.
Pros
RN Supervisor is a very caring & helpful person.
Cons
Low pay, low hours PRN, since Trive took over Health & Home, case load decreased.
March 27, 2018

Thank you for your comment. We will continue to serve all of the patients we have taken on through our new partnerships, but our focus going forward will be on the pediatric population. We value all of our teammates in the field and thank you for your service to our company and the patient(s) you serve. And we are always available to speak live if you would like to discuss.

HR Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 2, 2018
The Pediatric Connection is well known in Virginia for excellent home healthcare for children. The employees have a true sense of compassion for all the children in our care.
Pros
Care for children in their home
Cons
The insurance is high priced
Productive and fun at times.
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 5, 2017
The company can be kinda stressful at times. Placing reorders for the company was an easy task.The hardest part is making sure they get their delivery on time especially if they call at the last moment. The most enjoyable part of the job was a completely organized day with all orders for that day delivered on time and clients call back thanking the company for such a well job done.
Pros
always had celebrations, parties, company bus trips and jackets, rewards, great benefits
Cons
Turnover was very high, had to relief the front desk, had a company dog some people was not comfortable with
Changed names, changed culture don’t believe anything promised
LVN (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 3, 2017
I think that this is one company more worried about the bottom line than employees or clients. There are shifts uncovered, but there are not any incentive to switch days so that someone can cover or to pick it up. Some companies offer bonuses this one may offer but doesn’t deliver.
Pros
Working with babies
Cons
Schedule is unprofessional, unpredictable not enough to make a living
January 30, 2018

All of the Directors at our locations have the latitude to create incentives for our awesome caregivers to take those hard to fill shifts. We encourage it and we support it and those incentives work. As we all know, matching the clinician with the correct skill set to the client and family for a specific shift in a specific location takes planning and communication, but we always try to be creative with incentives in order to accomplish that.

Stressful and poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 22, 2017
There are quite a few employees there at fall in to the good old boy system and those employees are the ones that succeed. Everyone else works there tail off in a very stressful Environment with no extra compensation or reward. There is an utter lack of
ltraining And too many managers who themselves don’t even know how to do the job of the employees they manage. The pay is minimal for the difficult jobs that are expected out of the employees.
Pros
lots of lunches and parties. casual atmosphere.
Cons
low pay. lack of training. Too many chiefs
Too many cooks in the kitchen
not applicable (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 10, 2017
Even with so many managers in different departments, there was still a lack of management. Ownership seemed to check out about a year ago and focus on only themselves and not the struggling company. Very large struggle to get anything done. Always being threatened with lay-offs and/or sale of the company. As the years went on, more and more "benefits" were taken away. Big spending problem and expectations of employees to participate in activities that required them to pay money out of their own pockets and during non-working hours.
Cons
Lack of leadership, empty promises, no advancement
Dedicated to providing high quality care to a medically fragile population
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXOctober 29, 2017
I am part of a hardworking team that gives all of our heart and soul to do all that we can to improve the lives for medically fragile children. The hardest part of the job is that it is never done.
Pros
Meaningful work
Cons
Stressful, Consuming
January 30, 2018

You're right! That is one of the hardest parts about what we do - it's never done. There will always be more children to serve and more families whom we can provide some relief for. I can think of no more gratifying or rewarding work! And for all those shifts we fill, we can celebrate that we have fulfilled our core value of compassion. And for the shifts we have not filled, we can only try harder, improve every day and eventually succeed. So proud to be part of this great company!!!

Stressful nonsupportive nursing support. No training provided.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 15, 2017
Poor management. No training. Nonsupportive environment. Would not recommend this company to new nurses or families seeking treatment of their medically fragile training.
January 30, 2018

Our Scottsdale location has continued to grow month-over-month, both in the number of clients and families we serve as well as the number of clinicians who have joined us. We're very proud of that, and it speaks to the ongoing support we provide our clinicians as well as our reputation as a provider of quality clinical care to the children and families we serve.

great place to work
Field Nurse (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 22, 2017
great place to work. flexible work schedules. can take off when you want. no hasseling from internal staff. pay is good compared to other home health agencies
Pros
flexible
Cons
Great company and great people to work with
Pediatric Private Duty Nurse / Home Health (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Private duty pediatric nursing care in the home setting. Supervisors and office staff are always helpful and available when needed. Thrive is a family oriented well managed company.
a struggling company in need of direction and more knowledgable employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAAugust 1, 2017
There were too many bosses and none seemed to agree with the other. Priority was not on customers/and/or patient. It was very stressful to work under constant scrutiny and insurmountable demands.It was also difficult to deal with the loss of a patient especially since most were premature newborns. All employees of this company should have an extensive knowledge of pediatric needs of newborns
Pros
weekends off
Cons
threat of job loss at all times
Pediatric Nurse
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 13, 2013
Provides nursing care according to the plan of care derived from physician's orders and Registered Nurse assessment. Nursing Care includes physical care, emotional support, and patient and family education. Recognizes and reports symptoms that indicate changes in the condition of the patient to the Case Manager. Provides nursing care and services that is in accordance with Agency patient care and general medical policies. Adheres to strict aseptic technique when performing treatments requiring its use. Provides patients with the knowledge and assistance to learn appropriate self-care techniques. Accurately records patient's condition in the Nurses notes. Observes records and reports to the appropriate professional the symptoms, reaction and changes including: Assists with the rehabilitation of patients according to the medical care plan through being aware of and encouraging the interests and special aptitudes of patients
Pros
Seeing the patient enjoying life
Cons
Lost a patient