Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care

nurseavailpediatricpatientfragilebenefitamazemedically

Home Health

Featured review

Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care selected this as a representative review
The work environment depends on each families home. The families are grateful for quality/qualified help and the clients are a joy to serve. The office support staff are very supportive and always available.

Pros

Build relationships with clients and their families, help medically fragile clients meet their wellness goals and thrive

Cons

It is not easy moving on from a client, If the nurse needs a different assignment or the family needs a different nurse, there is a bit of loss from separating that bond that was formed

February 5, 2022
Thank you for this review. You've hit on one of the bittersweet parts of home care. You get close to families and leaving them can certainly be difficult, but the bonds you make and the difference you make in these families' lives is such a gift!

Great management.

Nurse administrator was easy to work with and accommodated my scheduling needs. Need to balance work and home life was possible and encouraged. Supportive team

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Driving distance

Good if looking for low stress or new grad

If just starting as a new grad, or looking for a break from the bedside good place to be. Low stress. Don't hear much from office/management. Pay could be better. having flexibility is nice.

Pros

low stress, peds, flexibility

Cons

pay is average, benefits lacking

Fulfilling job

I've been at thrive for 1yr. When you are assigned with a family that you really enjoy it makes working pleasant. The staff are all educated professionals who make the working for them easy.

Pros

Great staff!

Cons

No career advancement

Great Culture

I love my job and all the people I work with. There is growth opportunity for anyone who seeks it. Everyone cares deeply for the nurses and the families.

Good job

Good job, good pay, good manager. Schedule and benefits were good, great communication. There was plenty of work available if you were able to have flexibility

Pros

Good job

Cons

Pay

Great management

Working for this company was wonderful. Everyone had a positive vibe from management to my fellow home nurses. One of the best companies I’ve ever worked for!

Overall I was happy working there, only down side is having to be on call at night and on weekends. Pay could be a little better for some positions. Management does try to take care of employees.

The mission of the company is very compassionate and what is attracted me to the organization.

The hiring manager quit before my first day and that should've been the first red flag. Initially you're told that it's all about the sick kiddos that we care for but quickly you learn that it's all about the hours staffed and profit. I had two new managers in less than a year. The CEM is expected to work miracles with recruiting despite the low pay rate offered to the clinical staff.

All kinds of patients not just pediatric

Fair company, has hours with travel, parents are difficult and at times don’t know to expect you. Tablets in home don’t work, some cases barely have supplies. Stay turns over a lot on cases not as much continuity of care

Pros

Some cases are local with more than 4 hours

Cons

To far travel, no case management that know the patient

For my first start to home health I am pleased with the company . I interviewed with another , but pay was less .

Thrive was my first home health experience. I am overall very satisfied and happy about leaving bedside/hospital nursing . Burnout since Covid is real and almost made me leave the profession for good . I am a single Mom and this works perfect for my children’s needs. There was a slight decrease in pay , but the benefits of walking away from hospital drama far outweigh any pay cut . And the need for home health nursing allows you to work ALOT of overtime if you wanted it.

Pros

Flexible hours, in home setting, low patient ratio

Cons

Some disorganization in staffing and HR things, But nothing so severe as to change my mind about employment elsewhere, I wish pay were a little more, but the opportunity for overtime is unlimited, I am unable to take advantage of it due to child care reasons .

February 5, 2022
Thank you for the honest feedback. We cannot fix what we don't know about. We are always looking at our onboarding and seek to provide a smooth and positive experience for new teammates. We are delighted you made the move from hospital to home care with us; welcome!

Love working for Thrive! Awesome Culture

At Thrive SPC, there is a sense of teamwork with every single person. We all work together and no one is unsupported. There is room for professional growth, learning and development. The benefits are great. Working here as a single mom makes it easy to come to work.

Pros

Support, Open Communication

Cons

Lower pay than what is desired. But it is a great company so it balances out.

February 5, 2022
Go Beaumont! We are so pleased to see this team growing together.

Great company to work for. Management is great and always there to help.

This is a great company to work for and get some experience in authorizations and insurance verification. But very repetitive and no room for growth. Did not give us a raise in 2021 while expecting more work.

Pros

Remote, great manager and coworkers

Cons

Pay and no room for growth

Strong company culture

Thrive SPC is a great place to work. I like the sense of belonging and the team communicates and works well together. The new management/leadership in NC is much better and collaborates to help each other be successful. I’m proud of our team.

Pros

Culture, plenty of work, fun, understanding management

Cons

The pandemic is wearing on all of our industry

February 5, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share this positive review. Our industry has certainly been hit extraordinarily hard by the pandemic and it will take strong teams like those in NC to keep us growing and thriving!

The leadership and directors staff great honest and caring.

Best company in San Antonio to work. StAff caring and work with u. Money great flexible hours. Patient load easy. Good holistic environment. Best home heath angency to work with. Caring about patients and staff.

Pros

Great company good leadership

Cons

Busy needs more staff.

January 24, 2022
Thank you for this positive review! San Antonio nurses, we definitely need more caring and compassionate teammates to care for our patients! Join us; visit https://www.thrivespc.com/locations/san-antonio-tx/

Communication

Communication is terrible! It’s not about patients it’s about money and themselves. This location doesn’t care about its staff or being kind to the clients family.

December 20, 2021
Our NC team is extremely dedicated to our patients and teammates and communication is a priority but certainly a challenge, especially in home care during a pandemic. Please reach out to me directly if there is a specific concern that you have that I can help to address. Sincerely, Julie, Thrive SPC Communications Manager

Incredibly Flexible

I love working for Thrive b/c it offers so much flexibility with my schedule and hours, even the location. I can work for one family or multiple. I can work FT hours or PT. I can work as few shifts as I want or as many. There are no limits. I can pick clients close to home or drive further if I'd like. I can develop a great relationship with the caregivers and my client. If I don't connect well with a client, I can choose not to return to that home/client. There are nights, days, flexible hours, etc. Typically families are so appreciative. There are frequently bonuses offered too b/c there are more clients in need than nurses available. Administration seems sincere and helpful. I have no complaints!

Pros

Frequent bonuses, overtime available, flexibility, purposeful

Cons

None so far

December 9, 2021
Flexibility in scheduling and making a difference in the lives of families are two of the many perks of working at Thrive SPC! Thank you for taking the time to share and for the care you provide to medically fragile children.

Great Company that cares about their staff and patients

Worked there as an LVN for almost 3 years. The office staff and my nursing supervisors were all approachable and friendly. I enjoyed working there, it was an honor to be able care for the little ones.

Pros

Flexible scheduling

Cons

None! If you wish to provide pediatric home health care, this is a good company to choose.

November 22, 2021
Thanks, "Austin"! It is an honor to care for the little ones. Thank you for your work and dedication to them.

Overall a good job

Loved building relationships with patients and family. Many cases available so the job is flexible. The office was very understanding if you had an issue with a case.

December 20, 2021
Thank you for the positive review! As you know, we are continually working to support as many patients as we can with Thrive SPC care--the best care. Please reach out if you would like to work with us again, even part-time, and let your colleagues know how accommodating our Hickory team is.

Thrive respects our chronically ill children, their families and myself

I have been with Thrive for about 6 months. I’m a retired RN, who needed something fulfilling after retirement. I have found this itch this company, children and their families. Thrive stresses respect of our clients, their families and staff. I would recommend any nurse’s or aides to check out Thrive. I would not hesitate to refer any of my grandchildren to Thrive for care if the need arises

November 22, 2021
So happy to have you on the team! Thrive SPC is the perfect place for nurses who are ready to move out of the hospital system but not ready to hang up their scrubs! There is no higher compliment than saying you would trust your grandchildren's care to us. Thank you!

Excellent support from office

I gave been fortunate to work for Thrive. The management in my area is excellent. The work is hard, but you have your client one on one for your shift. This company recognizes that the parents of your client know the client the best, but also realizes that situations may occur. The only thing I do not like is the fact that benefits take a lot out of your paycheck. PTO also not the best.

Pros

Wonderful management

Cons

PTO benefits need work and benefits take a large bite of your paycheck

Common questions about Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care

Answered by current and former employees at Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits