Thrivent Financial Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
1099 Position
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJuly 20, 2018
This was a disappointing employer as I felt I was not properly informed about the role or the compensation structure in the interview process. My role was straight commissions which is challenging and I did not like it at all. I would have liked to have the opportunity for benefits and retirement savings. The people at Thrivent were very kind and thoughtful and the culture was friendly.
Have a nest egg
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 6, 2018
As a Financial Advisor, Thrivent wants you to work from your natural market, i.e. your friends and family. It's very difficult to get started as a new person with no experience. Basically no financial help is offered and it's fully commissioned based. Good luck if you choose this career.
Good place to start working.
Designer (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 25, 2018
Management are good. Supervisor is nice and helpful. Room to grow. Challenging but manageable. Agile environment. Room for learning and developing skills.
Friendly environment driving to meet customer needs
Manager, Tools and Information (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 13, 2018
A great place to work for individuals looking to make a difference in their communities and build their careers. Focus is on moving the ball towards achieving the overall objectives of the organization.
Pros
Alignment of work to the strategies, workforce satisfaction, financial strength.
They will help you sell to your close family and friends
Registered Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COJune 6, 2018
then you get nothing. 100% commission, they don't help after you've sold to your natural market. They try to cover their vulture-like sales strategy with a guise of religion and charity; don't be fooled
Thrivent
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 31, 2018
It's a great company as many of the employees have been here longer than I have been alive, but that will also cause employment issues in the near future as people retire. It would be nice to see more equality in pay for all employees
typical day at at work
NEW BUSINESS ISSUE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 31, 2018
New Business had a 1 day standard for all work
Sign on to computer - go through emails
Divide work in the day
complete all work while answering calls from internal as well as external customers.
attend mandatory meetings
Ensure all work done prior to end of day
Pros
generous PTO
Cons
restrictive PTO use - ex. one person off at a time
It was a nice workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 23, 2018
I enjoyed working here for the short time of time that I was there, I learned alot. Everyone is very helpful and willing to give you tips it's a great place to grow.
Pros
Everyone was very friendly
Cons
Shirt term
Wonderful company
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wernersville, PAMay 23, 2018
My success or lack of success was not a result of Thrivent lacking any type of support. I would recommend anyone that is interested in becoming an FA to be a part of this wonderful organization. They support you like no other. Unfortunately, the career is not for everyone.
Pros
Tons of training available, mentorship, and support from Home Office and locally
Cons
The inconsistency of a commission based business
Fraternal is for Christians Only
Partner (Former Employee) –  USAMay 22, 2018
If you are a Christian who wants a "Christian Company" Thrivent is a great fit for you. Fraternal Products are Life and Health based, and can only be owned by Christians.
Great company not a great job description
Financial Associate (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMay 22, 2018
Great company that does great things with the money they bring in. That being said I feel a little misled with taking on the job I did. I was told I would be a Financial associate but was under the impression I would be given a book of business to sustain myself. Instead I was reliant upon my own contacts to attempt to convince them to use Thrivent as their Financial Services company.
Pros
Cons
100% commission based
Good company to work for. Faith based.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 21, 2018
Getting ready to move into a brand new building. Lots of things going on in preparation for the transition. Change is hard for a lot of people there because a lot of things don't change often.
Pros
Discounted cafeteria
Cons
Lack of parking
Strong Company Culture
Investment Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 15, 2018
Interning at Thrivent gave me the opportunity to improve upon multiple technical and interpersonal skills. The internship program provided me with exposure to company executives and gave me flexibility in the projects I was assigned. Overall, a great experience.
internship
Financial Internship (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 15, 2018
The company is very religion focused which makes it hard for people of outside faith to find and "in" within the community you are in. Other than that they were great to me and offered great training!
I made many friends.
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 14, 2018
I made some fantastic relationships working at Thrivent. They gave me many opportunities for advancements and learning opportunities. I enjoyed working with my friends.
lots of work
Financial Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 14, 2018
You need to put in 50+ hours a week for years in order to truly make a living at this. The company is great and will support you, however, it is commission only.
I didn't giive it a fair shot
Financial Associate, Alexandria (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 14, 2018
The work can be rewarding but it takes years to build the clientele. For personal reasons, I did not stay with it long enough to achieve success. It was a great learning experience and I believe I am still benefitting personally from what I learned about financial management.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Poor pay until you have built the business
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 11, 2018
Great place to work. Management is great, the benefits are exceptional, and the culture is superb. I really enjoy working for Thrivent and really recommend as a great place to work.
Great work environment
Mutual Fund Accounting Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 30, 2018
The people at the company are great, management can be spotty in certain areas. Overall, Thrivent Financial is a nice place to work. I enjoyed the daily tasks.
100% Commission
Financial Associate (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIApril 13, 2018
Its hard to live on 100% commission. Trying to get someone to commit to an appointment , alot of cold calling, and traveling to homes you don't know the customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thrivent Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight