Thrivent Financial Employee Reviews

Quick paced job
Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 18, 2018
Setting appointments for investors and clients. I learned how to use a computer better and acquire better telecommunication skills. Management wasn't the best but they were there when I needed help.
Overall, a good company
Sr. Administrative Assistant, Communications (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 15, 2018
The feel of Thrivent as a workplace varies greatly depending on the area you work. Some areas are cutthroat, some super busy and stressful, and some laid back and fun.

Thrivent offers great benefits at comparable rates. The Ballard Rd. Appleton location also has onsite health care, a cafeteria with a great variety of foods and a fitness center. Another great benefit is the tuition reimbursement, which I took full advantage of to earn two degrees.
Pros
Benefits and people
Cons
Hard to advance or change career paths
Older Work Culture
Corporate Security and Business Continuity Intern (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 13, 2018
This company is a great place if you have a family. If you are starting your career, however, I recommend other places. The work culture consisted mostly of older folk; I did not get much exposure to other young professionals.
Great culture, not a lot of work
Application Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 10, 2018
I loved my experience working as an intern for Thrivent Financial. Everyone is extremely nice and wants what is best for you. The only reason I chose not to go back is because I felt like the technology was a bit outdated and wanted to learn newer skills. It also takes a while to advance without that much of a pay bump, and work moves slow causing things to not get done that quickly. They are also in a big transition trying to implement Agile.
Pros
Great people, good values, good culture, balanced life
Cons
can't pay that much, hard to advance, outdated tech
Great Ethics
College Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 10, 2018
This company sticks to its mission and values. In an industry that is watered down and so easy to find unethical practices. Thrivent works out of trust and understanding.
good company
Independent Financial Adviser (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 5, 2018
good company good morals The company has overall great qualities and stand for all great things, The corporate employees are very professional. The products are superior
The merger retired many outstanding general agents and placed many home office employees in the field that had no idea what they were doing!
Asso. General Agent (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 23, 2018
The field is a totally different situation than working behind a desk in the HO. Management should have realized that scenario! I worked as a financial associate and AGA. That experience level didn’t seem to have any place in the new Thrivent!
Pros
Christian values
Cons
Manager at regional level!
Good company with religious connections during my tenure.
Financial Rep (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILAugust 17, 2018
Good company. Enjoyed my time working there. This where I started working with the religious community and used this experience to further my tenure in the industry. Left to pursue other opportunities.
Na
Licensing Trainee (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNAugust 12, 2018
Did not work long enough to provide ample substance. I was on a self-study program that required me to be at home during the entirety of my "employment" with Thrivent. I was never in the office.
Fun working with families on financial goals.
Self-employed Financial Sales (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 9, 2018
Typical great day at work - finding and meeting with folks interested in their financial future. Difficulty? One-person office.
Met great folks; loved providing helpful financial advice.
great people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 29, 2018
There are many great people who work at Thrivent Financial. They are caring and helpful in all aspects of working. This company may have a slower methodical way of doing business.
Did not like
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 22, 2018
Did not like. No support from corporate. Nothing was as promised. Things/policy changed after I started and it applied to me. Not employee friendly at all.
1099 Position
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJuly 20, 2018
This was a disappointing employer as I felt I was not properly informed about the role or the compensation structure in the interview process. My role was straight commissions which is challenging and I did not like it at all. I would have liked to have the opportunity for benefits and retirement savings. The people at Thrivent were very kind and thoughtful and the culture was friendly.
Struggling industry
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Malvern, OHJuly 9, 2018
You need to be teamed up with another vet to learn the ins and outs. Be prepared for commission only pay with 1099's. Work life balance is up to you but plan on working a lot of hours to be successful including evenings and weekends. The financial industry is a struggling industry to work in
Have a nest egg
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 6, 2018
As a Financial Advisor, Thrivent wants you to work from your natural market, i.e. your friends and family. It's very difficult to get started as a new person with no experience. Basically no financial help is offered and it's fully commissioned based. Good luck if you choose this career.
Good place to start working.
Designer (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 25, 2018
Management are good. Supervisor is nice and helpful. Room to grow. Challenging but manageable. Agile environment. Room for learning and developing skills.
Friendly environment driving to meet customer needs
Manager, Tools and Information (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 13, 2018
A great place to work for individuals looking to make a difference in their communities and build their careers. Focus is on moving the ball towards achieving the overall objectives of the organization.
Pros
Alignment of work to the strategies, workforce satisfaction, financial strength.
They will help you sell to your close family and friends
Registered Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COJune 6, 2018
then you get nothing. 100% commission, they don't help after you've sold to your natural market. They try to cover their vulture-like sales strategy with a guise of religion and charity; don't be fooled
Thrivent
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 31, 2018
It's a great company as many of the employees have been here longer than I have been alive, but that will also cause employment issues in the near future as people retire. It would be nice to see more equality in pay for all employees
typical day at at work
NEW BUSINESS ISSUE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 31, 2018
New Business had a 1 day standard for all work
Sign on to computer - go through emails
Divide work in the day
complete all work while answering calls from internal as well as external customers.
attend mandatory meetings
Ensure all work done prior to end of day
Pros
generous PTO
Cons
restrictive PTO use - ex. one person off at a time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thrivent Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight