Thrivent Financial Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
internship
Financial Internship (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 15, 2018
The company is very religion focused which makes it hard for people of outside faith to find and "in" within the community you are in. Other than that they were great to me and offered great training!
I made many friends.
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 14, 2018
I made some fantastic relationships working at Thrivent. They gave me many opportunities for advancements and learning opportunities. I enjoyed working with my friends.
lots of work
Financial Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 14, 2018
You need to put in 50+ hours a week for years in order to truly make a living at this. The company is great and will support you, however, it is commission only.
I didn't giive it a fair shot
Financial Associate, Alexandria (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 14, 2018
The work can be rewarding but it takes years to build the clientele. For personal reasons, I did not stay with it long enough to achieve success. It was a great learning experience and I believe I am still benefitting personally from what I learned about financial management.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Poor pay until you have built the business
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 11, 2018
Great place to work. Management is great, the benefits are exceptional, and the culture is superb. I really enjoy working for Thrivent and really recommend as a great place to work.
Great work environment
Mutual Fund Accounting Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 30, 2018
The people at the company are great, management can be spotty in certain areas. Overall, Thrivent Financial is a nice place to work. I enjoyed the daily tasks.
100% Commission
Financial Associate (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIApril 13, 2018
Its hard to live on 100% commission. Trying to get someone to commit to an appointment , alot of cold calling, and traveling to homes you don't know the customers.
Great company with a purpose
Regional Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 5, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Thrivent and was saddened to be laid off as part of their field restructuring recently. However, I am a firm believer in the strategy behind their mission and objective! I worked remotely with occasional travel and had the best leadership team.
Pros
Flexible, autonomy, great leadership
Cons
ever-changing industry
Great Place to Work
Insurance Associate and Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Spearfish, SDApril 4, 2018
Working for this company is one of my greatest blessings. My bosses are amazing and very flexible with hours and my family. I have learned so much and have even earned my Insurance License.
Financial Advisor
Financial Associate (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 25, 2018
As a financial representative in Thrivent you spend a large portion of your time calling clients or prospects to meet and run them through what they know as a "connect" where they introduce the company and the benefits of becoming a member and how the advisor can help guide them towards financial security. Based on client needs and wants you sell them Thrivent products (most likely life insurance if your starting off) and get paid on the commission of those sales.
Enjoyable work environment with a great work/life balance
Medicare Supplement Agent (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 24, 2018
Thrivent Financial pays a lot of attention to each employee, and does a great job of making sure you have a good balance between work and family. They put effort that is easy to see into promoting diversity and generosity in the workplace.
I no longer work there.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAMarch 17, 2018
I no longer work there. Management stinks. They leave you hanging out to dry.

I don't know what else to write because I haven't worked there in years.
I reported my boss to senior management for dishonest dealing
Financial Advisor, (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 27, 2018
I reported my boss for dishonest dealing. He told me he didn't have clients they were employees and their job was to pay for both his houses and his yacht. I later found out I was the 3rd person that had worked in his office that had documented and exposed his dishonest dealings. They waited 6 months and then let me go. What a great Christian organization.
Pros
Faith based investment firm
Cons
My office was run by a crook.
Office worker
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 24, 2018
Loved my boss, great place to work, positive work environment. Incentives and bonuses were offered for your performance. All the employees were helpful.
Pros
positive work enviroment
Competitive workplace
Broker/Producer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MOFebruary 20, 2018
Very enlightening environment of helping others increase their financial and personal goals. Great family atmosphere. The lack of ability to advance is a major hurdle for field representatives.
Excellent work environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 6, 2018
I enjoyed working at Thrivent Financial and would continue to work there but my position was eliminated. It is an excellent place to work with good benefits.
Pros
good benefits and working environment
Cons
too many layoffs occuring
Productive and mission driven
REGIONAL PARTNER (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 6, 2018
Nice place to work. Great mission. Helping people with their finances and inspiring people to live with generosity. High expectations for performance and help to achieve those expectations.
Great Culture
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Thrivent Financial is a great place to work. My only advise before you start is be passionate about networking and working with Insurance and financial products.
Could help clients with financial planning.
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 4, 2018
It was rewarding helping clients when they had a need. By using the"advisory process" I could help clients meet there financial goals and help them avoid road blocks that could harm them financialy.
Pros
Make my own schedule
Cons
Many night appointments after appointments during the day
Fraternal company, pays dividends
President (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 20, 2018
Thrivent is a terrific company to work for, with mid western values and a stellar reputation in the financial field. The tempo is more laid back than a traditional insurance/financial company. God is central to everything they do, which is crucial to the Christians that work there.
There is nothing hard about working for Thrivent. For a Lutheran, there is no other company on earth that can offer what Thrivent offers.
Pros
Great culture and HUGE financial upside.
Cons
The water fountain is very difficult to drink from.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thrivent Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight