Thrivent Financial Employee Reviews

Hard to Sustain
Associate Representative (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Needs help in the area of training agents to be successful. So much focus was on getting hires through licensing, but not much support once launched. Great, faith based environment with a team mentality.
Autonomous Work Environment
Registered Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 8, 2019
Self-paced, opportunity. Independent Contract with full control over own schedule. Support in the field is talked about, but seemingly challenging to connect with other reps.
Good culture, poor management
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 7, 2019
In my personal experience, my manager had a personal vendetta against me and refused to move me up when I deserved it. I was the only person kept on the entry-level position and wound up training new employees for advancement for a year while they wouldn't advance my position at all. While working here, I felt like a number. I'm glad that I left. There were a few great people I would recommend working for at Thrivent but overall it was a bad experience with a hostile work environment.
not a good work place
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WADecember 28, 2018
was miss treated and not taken care of. I was not taken seriously, nor did they listen to any of my suggestions. I dealt with multiple issues while working for them
Great people with faith and understanding
Office Professional (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDNovember 20, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you are helping other Christians with their finances. The workplace culture is relaxed and kind. A typical day for an Office Professional is preparing files and documents for advisors meetings with clients. Following up on correspondence and actions. My boss is the best. Kind and gracious.
Pros
Common faith with clients
Excellent company culture.
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 20, 2018
Thrivent Financial has an excellent company culture. Thrivent Financial is a values driven and customer centric company.

You need to have a strong prospect list to start successfully at Thrivent Financial.
Amazing Company
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 23, 2018
One of the greatest company I have ever work with I am just thankful of the opportunity given to work with Thrivent Financial. I will always support this company
who you work with differs from who you work for
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 23, 2018
The co-workers are great for the most part; most are collaborative and helpful. The management is different. While not across the board, the area I worked in ruled by fear and intimidation.

The benefits and work environment are good. The emphasis on volunteering is also something worth being proud of. Just seeing things are moving in a different direction due to the leadership. Good people are leaving due to stress levels and required long term overtime.
Pros
decent PTO, volunteer time off, good benefits, good co-workers
Cons
stress level and management
The culture is changing.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  MPLS, MNOctober 9, 2018
Thrivent's culture is changing, and not in a good way. The company is an amazing company for what they do in the community, but they no longer value employees who have dedicated a much of their career to them. Changes to their workspace, benefits, and structure have most employees wondering where the company is heading.
Pros
Good retirement plan
Cons
Work spaces are the size of library cubicles
Quick paced job
Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 18, 2018
Setting appointments for investors and clients. I learned how to use a computer better and acquire better telecommunication skills. Management wasn't the best but they were there when I needed help.
Overall, a good company
Sr. Administrative Assistant, Communications (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 15, 2018
The feel of Thrivent as a workplace varies greatly depending on the area you work. Some areas are cutthroat, some super busy and stressful, and some laid back and fun.

Thrivent offers great benefits at comparable rates. The Ballard Rd. Appleton location also has onsite health care, a cafeteria with a great variety of foods and a fitness center. Another great benefit is the tuition reimbursement, which I took full advantage of to earn two degrees.
Pros
Benefits and people
Cons
Hard to advance or change career paths
Older Work Culture
Corporate Security and Business Continuity Intern (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 13, 2018
This company is a great place if you have a family. If you are starting your career, however, I recommend other places. The work culture consisted mostly of older folk; I did not get much exposure to other young professionals.
Great culture, not a lot of work
Application Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 10, 2018
I loved my experience working as an intern for Thrivent Financial. Everyone is extremely nice and wants what is best for you. The only reason I chose not to go back is because I felt like the technology was a bit outdated and wanted to learn newer skills. It also takes a while to advance without that much of a pay bump, and work moves slow causing things to not get done that quickly. They are also in a big transition trying to implement Agile.
Pros
Great people, good values, good culture, balanced life
Cons
can't pay that much, hard to advance, outdated tech
Great Ethics
College Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 10, 2018
This company sticks to its mission and values. In an industry that is watered down and so easy to find unethical practices. Thrivent works out of trust and understanding.
good company
Independent Financial Adviser (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 5, 2018
good company good morals The company has overall great qualities and stand for all great things, The corporate employees are very professional. The products are superior
The merger retired many outstanding general agents and placed many home office employees in the field that had no idea what they were doing!
Asso. General Agent (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 23, 2018
The field is a totally different situation than working behind a desk in the HO. Management should have realized that scenario! I worked as a financial associate and AGA. That experience level didn’t seem to have any place in the new Thrivent!
Pros
Christian values
Cons
Manager at regional level!
Good company with religious connections during my tenure.
Financial Rep (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILAugust 17, 2018
Good company. Enjoyed my time working there. This where I started working with the religious community and used this experience to further my tenure in the industry. Left to pursue other opportunities.
Na
Licensing Trainee (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNAugust 12, 2018
Did not work long enough to provide ample substance. I was on a self-study program that required me to be at home during the entirety of my "employment" with Thrivent. I was never in the office.
Fun working with families on financial goals.
Self-employed Financial Sales (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 9, 2018
Typical great day at work - finding and meeting with folks interested in their financial future. Difficulty? One-person office.
Met great folks; loved providing helpful financial advice.
great people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 29, 2018
There are many great people who work at Thrivent Financial. They are caring and helpful in all aspects of working. This company may have a slower methodical way of doing business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thrivent Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Thrivent Financial.

Powered by Comparably