Thriveworks Employee Reviews

Scheduler Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 4, 2018
I love working here, the environment is great and very relaxed but up beat, we may get a lot of calls during the day but we always find a way to have a good time and our management keeps it very light and happy during the day as he knows we have some stressful days. The hardest part of the job is Mondays very busy! Most enjoyable part of the job is the family, as a team we grow so close we become a family and we all look out for each other and make sure everyone is happy.
great coworkers
Individual and Group Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 5, 2018
I work with great psychotherapists and clients.

My hours are not consistent. Pay is not dependable either. Benefits are not as positive as possible. Not much room for advancement.
Great team, horrible management
Crednetialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 9, 2018
Management was inexperienced and immature. They played favorites and made mountains out of mole hills. The drama surrounding them was like that of a high school.
Our four person team had the work load that should have been spread among a dozen or more. We were encouraged by management to lie to clients or find whatever excuses necessary for hundreds of unmet deadlines.
CEO actively encouraged lying and bending the truth to get sales then did not address concerns or provide refunds when promises were not met. The team was blamed for a missed deadlines and excessively overdue work yet management would not address basic concerns needed to complete tasks.
Team was amazing, few within management could have been better had they not been stifled by upper management. My teammates were the best part of my job.
Pros
Teammates, downtown location.
Cons
Management, unethical (and likely illegal) practices
Love working here
Fellow Clinician (Current Employee) –  Richmond VADecember 11, 2017
I have a positive relationship with the management and colleagues at Thirveworks Richmond. I came from private practice in another state and I have always had a good relationship with my clients and the professional staff that I worked with and here at Thriveworks it is no different. I get to make my own hours, work with helping people manage their mental health disorders or adjustments in their life. Although I have been here for a short period of time, I really see no downside to my employment here at Thrivworks, and I look forward to continuing to have a rewarding career with them in the future.
Pros
Flexible hours, great professional staff
Cons
None that I can see of right now
Being a Nurse Practitioner for Thriveworks North Austin and Westlake Hills
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 1, 2017
I enjoyed working as a Nurse Practitioner for 2 Thriveworks Austin locations (Westlake Hills and North Austin).

I had amazing and supportive coworkers. Working side by side with many therapists was excellent. It was tremendously convenient to cross referral with trusted coworkers.

Building a client base at Thriveworks was quick and simple. Excellent support staff would set initial consultations. Within weeks, I felt like I had a full patient schedule, which followed with growing compensation. I was very comfortable with the compensation I received. I was never required to be "on call."

I was given incredible freedom regarding my schedule. I chose to work 4 days/wk, about 10hrs/d. I was given the option to work as few or many hours as I chose. Another NP worked at one of the practices as little as one Saturday/month.

The EMR was very user friendly. It was the easiest one I've ever used of the 5 I've previously had to use. One potential drawback, is the EMR does not have e-scribing at this time. However, if you are a provider who is not very tech savvy or prefers to avoid the hassle of e-scribing (which can be a huge pain with some EMRs), this is a non-issue. Also, I hear that the EMR system currently being used (as of 8/2017), is working on adding e-scribing as a feature.

I was sad to part ways with Thriveworks. I had to relocate due to unforeseen circumstances. I miss the beautiful office space, easy to use EMR, and camaraderie with the other professionals who worked there. The Thriveworks locations that I had the pleasure to work at (North Austin and Westlake
  more... Hills) were excellent. If you are interested in taking a position s an NP at Thriveworks North Austin or Thriveworks Westlake Hills (or other locations managed by those owners), do not hesitate to ask for my direct contact information from them if you would like to know more.

-MB
Pros
Great coworkers, beautifully pre-furnished office, flexible schedule, user-friendly EMR, quick to build client base, no "micromanaging, " comfortable compensation
Cons
EMR doesn't offer e-scribing
Great Place to work
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 18, 2017
Great staff, clinicians and environment. I couldn't find a better place to work for. The owners really try to take care of their staff and make sure everyone's needs are accommodated.
A place to truly THRIVE.
Client Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COMay 31, 2017
I am so grateful to Thriveworks Counseling in Littleton! The company has an amazing culture and is thoroughly pleasant to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing each day that I will be in a supportive and consistent environment. The management is thoughtful and extremely positive. i have learned so much about the world of counseling and have seen what a life changing experience it is for the clients and counselors as well. I highly recommend Thriveworks.
Pros
Great consideration for well being and care.
Great Environment
Clinician Intern (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 21, 2017
This has been a great place for me to intern and treat patients with hands-on, professional experience. The therapists and owner are very kind and helpful. I would recommend this place for your treatment.
Pathetic...Chaotic....Stressful.....Unprofessional
Credentialing (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 21, 2017
Soooo where do I start?? This company is a complete joke, they have zero training for the chaotic stressful job you are about to embark on. You will be thrown into a pile of projects that you have no idea how to work. You also use the most unsecure programs such as Gmail for your business email platform that the healthcare providers are sending personal and sensitive documents through, and half the time can't even open them due to the computers not having adobe so your job becomes that much harder. They promise you that the workload will be manageable once they get staffed properly which will never happen becuase no one stays, as the most tenured employee has only been there a little over a year. The pay is terrible (way below the national average) for the amount of work you have and the micromanaging and drama you have to deal with... but the best part is when they pay new people with no experience more than what their current employees are making (you know the employees that have been loyal and stuck with them through the "tough times".) The credentialing manager is the biggest liar, hypocrite and joke that ever walked with zero experience in the credentialing job. They claim they want people with degrees but dont have degrees themselves. I have never seen such an unprofessional company in my life. The amount of projects you will have to work that were sold merely to make a buck is ridiculous and then it becomes your job to let the provider know that they paid a bunch of money and we can not get them on anything they want. You will quickly see that this company is all about  more... the money in their pockets and does not care if the employees are suffering. They will flaunt a laid back atmosphere, Parties, Champagne, Pizza and Donuts to paint a picture of the dream job we all want however this is a nightmare you can't wake up from. All the 5 star reviews have been written by family or friends of management please be mindful of that before applying to this outfit.  less
Pros
Co Workers who share the same pain
Cons
The lack of training, Pure Chaos, Low Pay, Management, Basically the rest of the company
Lies and more Lies
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  VAApril 3, 2017
I find it interesting that most of the positive reviews are written by family members.

This company is completely a sham. You are promised many things upon being hired and then thrown into a chaotic, stressful, mess of a job. You are not trained. You are paid poorly. While all jobs are stressful, you should not go into work dreading every single day. Most employees at this company feel this way. The reason why the employees are close is because they all commiserate over hating their job and looking for new ones. The amount of turn over speaks for itself. The amount of disgruntled former employees tells you that you shouldn't apply. There are MANY other options that are going to benefit you more than this particular job. The company does not help people, it lies to its patients and to the people that purchase services in order to make an extra buck. STAY FAR AWAY!
Pros
Nice Coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Best Place for Counselors
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 14, 2016
Thriveworks offers the best environment for counselors to focus on what's important to them; working with client's. There is a sense of autonomy that allows counselors to flourish and grow professionally. The benefits of working in this environment extend to the quality team members that work within Thriveworks. There are competent staff to manage day to day operations and sufficient support clinically. Thriveworks offers a solution for counselors who truly enjoy therapy focus and master their craft.
Warm and inviting atmosphere
Fellow Clinician (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 5, 2016
My experience at Thriveworks has been a positive one. From my interview on, the atmosphere has been very welcoming. A feeling of relaxation is promoted upon walking into the office. The warm and inviting atmosphere allows me to provide quality counseling services to individuals.
Pros
Positive atmosphere and helpful coworkers
Cons
Credentialing takes a long time, but this is no different than other employers of this nature
One of the most caring companies to work for
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 5, 2016
Thriveworks is a company where if you do your job,and are a hard worker, you will realize how much opportunity there is to grow with the company and will see just how much they care about each and every employee. The CEO in particular is down to earth, generous, really cares about the well being of the employees at the same time making sure that the company is successful. What other company do you actually get to say you not only see the owner on a weekly or even daily basis but that they know you by name?!?! Hard work and dedication is rewarded within the company and personal praise is given all the time.

It may be a demanding and hard job, but nothing in life is easy, you are successful based on the work you put in and this company is one that makes it known to it's employees that with hard work comes growth and opportunity.

The rest of the staff and co-workers are great, always trying to put a smile on eachother's faces, very caring. Management is always there and available to their team and wants to be sure that they are happy within their position and are in the right position as well so that they can shine.
Pros
CEO is awesome!, management awesome, work hard play hard atmosphere
Cons
Stressful times can be stressful (but so is any job)
Efficient and Enjoyable
LPC (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 30, 2016
I've worked here at Thriveworks as a Licensed Professional Counselor for the past several months. The atmosphere is light and friendly. Everyone I've met has been helpful and engaging, making it a pleasure to come to work. While this is a challenging field and emotionally draining at times, Thriveworks has cheerful and energetic employees and management that are quick to respond and encourage. I truly appreciate those who work behind the scenes in a supportive role as well as my fellow clinicians. I frequently have clients comment on the atmosphere and mood of Thriveworks. They are always impressed with the office and comment about how comfortable it makes them feel. We are truly all working together as a team to provide the best services in the area.
Pros
laid back, friendly atmosphere, helpful employees
Cons
Excellent support for Clinicians!
Senior Fellow Clinician (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 29, 2016
I have been working at Thriveworks as a licensed clinician and by far this is the best experience that I have had working in a professional environment.
Pros
Good benefits package for full time staff
Cons
Great place to work with endless room for growth
Corporate Finance & Franchise Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 28, 2016
I love working at Thriveworks. This is an exciting, relatively young, quickly growing company with enormous opportunity for growth. I've been with the company a little over a year and I'm about to receive my third promotion. If you're willing to work hard and go above and beyond, it will certainly be recognized.

The culture at Thriveworks is one of fun, light-heartedness, and inclusion. The job can be stressful at times (as with any position), but every member of the team is willing to help out at a moment's notice.
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 2, 2016
A typical day: answer calls from clients who want to schedule a counseling appointment, or change or cancel a session. Co-workers: are all very helpful. I'm glad I'm in this department, I really like everyone. Sad when people leave/quit. Hardest part of the job: there are times when everyone decides to call at the same time and we get backed up. not fun but lasts less than 20 minutes. Some of the counselors we schedule clients for have way too many rules and special requests. Most enjoyable part of job: it's really a fun place to work. Laid back, even thought there's a lot of work. Never a dull moment. The company is growing like crazy. Mngt is always present and supportive.
Pros
Coworkers, office location, laid back, friendly place to work
Cons
lots of work, compensation
Wonderful Corporate Culture
Clinician (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 5, 2016
Though there is always encouragement and an expectation to deliver quality services, the working atmosphere is relaxed and supportive. Teamwork is emphasized and achieved while individual accomplishments are celebrated. It is an excellent company to work for.
Pros
Quality work is supported. Teamwork emphasized
Not as great as it seems
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 12, 2016
At first this company seemed to be fun, laid back, and great company to work for. After a month or so I learned that it was and awful place to work. I really regreted giving up my other job to conme there. The CEO was extremely rude. Also there are some more than questionable things that go on there. I thought that working at a counseling office would feel great because your working for a company that helps people, but No I felt like all Thriveworks did was rip people off especially with the subscription fee! Then there is no one who ever stepped up and tried to figure or fix things. They always wanted to play the blame game. I would not recommend this company to any one. If you do take a job here make sure you take instructions from the director of health care opperations she is the only one who knows whats going on.
Pros
Coworkers, donuts, pizza
Cons
Benefits, work load
Hard to give clients the care they deserve
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Not VirginiaAugust 23, 2016
I love providing therapy. I thought Thriveworks would be a great place for that as a young therapist. Well decorated offices, and they manage all the billing and credentialing, which was extremely valuable. However, being a franchise, I felt lost from day one. It felt like I had to call Virginia to discover where the extra kleenex was. Which was irritating, but I still got to see clients. However, the billing and scheduling staff is so over-worked, that there were many mess-ups. I had clients double-booked, or booked when I wasn't in the office and this was just terrible customer service for people who are trying to get help.

Honestly, I could deal with all of that. What was most difficult for me were the ethics behind their tiered or subscription service (which was in flux over the time I was there). I understand the idea of a boutique clinic, where you pay extra to have greater access and flexibility to care. However, it felt like the "extras" being offered with the subscription service were never actually discussed with therapists. At one point, clients could pay to have therapists "prioritize" their emails, when in fact, as an ethical therapist I respond to all client emails as soon as possible. These rules (and rules for no-show fees) changed several times without clear communication to the providers or the clients. These issues didn't allow me to create a safe space for my clients where they could be heard, rather than worried about being exploited.

However, the other clinicians I met at Thriveworks all seemed caring and competent, and I think most people had good
  more... intentions. Even management. I get that insurances don't reimburse enough for what we do, and a bigger profit would help with all the other issues (not enough help with billing/scheduling, errors, etc.)

I don't refer people to Thriveworks because I'm worried that they don't put the client experience first. I want to support my clients, not trick them into paying a fee for a service that doesn't actually exist.
Pros
nice offices, they handle credentialing and billing
Cons
explotive policies, no structure/support, many errors in scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thriveworks. Our community is ready to answer.