Thriveworks Employee Reviews

Treat employees poorly
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 18, 2019
Try to charge penalty when I couldn’t work due to illness. Threats and pressure by administration. Do nothing to help prior to resignation but very quick to get their money from you as therapist. Very poor treatment to employee
Pros
Cons
Threats and charging for costs
Awful.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 8, 2019
They admit bonus’ are not calculated accurately, but that they “try their best” therefore good luck getting one. 13 an hour for the amount of work and stress is not worth it. Management is a joke. The incompetence is astounding and the belittling that goes on is disgusting. I went in to this job hopeful and proud of what I was doing, left disgusted and embarrassed I represented a company that over charges and takes advantage of the mentally ill.
A Thriving Company
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2019
I have had the pleasure of working for Thriveworks as a clinician over the last several years. I have enjoyed the opportunity to work with a diverse group of dynamic clinicians and appreciate the ability to refer to my fellow coworkers who possess a broad range of knowledge and skill set. The Thriveworks model provides an excellent opportunity to have both the flexibility of a private practice while they handle all the things most clinicians prefer not to manage, like billing and marketing. As the company continues to grow, I appreciate their desire to better their processes along the way and continue to provide growth opportunities for employees. The well designed office spaces are also a nice perk!
Fast-paced competitive environment with a rapidly growing company
Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 4, 2019
Helping others find counseling on a daily basis! Company is growing super fast and finding new ways to help more and more people.

Call center environment - fairly busy throughout the day.
Benefits - up to 4% 401k match. Health, Dental, and Vision insurance. Paid vacation.

bonus - based on how many people you can get scheduled with counseling throughout the month.

Compensation - fair based on other call centers in the area
Pros
Donuts on Wednesdays. Champagne on Fridays. Competitive Bonus structure
Cons
Fast paced. Busy at times
Great Place to work!!!!
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 1, 2019
Working here has been AMAZING!!!! I have enjoyed working with a great team. Being able to help folks on the other end of the phone is rewarding as well. Thriveworks cares about the staff and shows it.
Pros
Hours, and the team
Excellent place to work!
Lead Clinician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 26, 2019
I have been working as a full time therapist at Thriveworks for the past 5 years and it has been a dream job. I get to spend all week doing what I love, providing therapy for individuals and couples :)
Taking Advantage of Workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 9, 2019
I rated job culture so low because it feels like the company is doing everything it can to take advantage of its employees. Shortened work hours to avoid minimum break times BY LAW. Switched to a new shift to have more work/life balance - and the break times got even more screwed up. Office politics is rampant. It's all about who you know or who likes you best. Seniority? Not a real thing. They talk all about job advancement. And it does exist. For the people who are connected. They talk about great insurance but it's still expensive out of pocket for any kind of real coverage. They'll preach bonus structures and then pull it out from under you while still expecting you to do the same amount of work as before. Management will be your friend but will screw you over because they want to keep their job. They will be really shady about a simple question like "is my desk mate coming in today?" How hard is it to say that they're ok just sick. There is very little emotional support for their employees. For a company that says they're out to help those who need help, they don't seem to think they have any obligation to assist their employees.
Pros
The best kinds of people work here, best coworkers ever
Cons
Bad management, procedure change every other day, no seniority, lots of promises with no delivery
Great work Environment!
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 1, 2019
Very relaxed work environment, run by very professional and considerate management. Fellow staff was very easy to work with, but also very determined which I liked. Enjoyed working here for a short amount of time, unfortunately, I had to relocate. Definitely recommend this establishment to anyone around the area.
Growth that is exciting to be part of!
Asst. Clinic Director (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 2, 2019
I started at Thriveworks a little over a year ago as a Billing Specialist. After learning valuable skills in that department, I was offered the position of Recruiter in the Clinics Department and have since been promoted to Asst Clinic Director. When management says that they promote from within, they truly mean it. Thriveworks is quickly becoming the biggest name in counseling, and how exciting it has been to be part of such growth!

Passion and motivation will take you far in this company. If you are driven and willing to put in the work, the opportunities are endless!
Pros
Career advancement opportunities
Cons
Ever-changing environment.. Great for some people! Others, not so much.
Great teamwork
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 23, 2018
Our billing team is very supportive and helpful to one another. The Manger is supportive. Casual dress code is really nice. We keep really busy which the reason I have a job. I have worked at Thrive for quite awhile now and I am happy to part of the Thrive team!!!
Pros
Great teamwork and Manager
Cons
Can get hectic
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 17, 2018
Great place to work. Relaxed & positive environment, great supervisors and coworkers. Great opportunity for bonuses. Opportunity for growth within the company. I have been here for about 6 years and plan to stay for as long as possible. I would definitely recommend Thriveworks to anyone that is looking for a position with a great company.
Pros
Get treated weekly with donuts, relaxed dress code and culture, positive environment
Career Changer. The sky is really the limit if you want to fly.
Director (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 3, 2018
I first started at Thriveworks as a newly licensed clinician and was able to work my way up into Senior Management in under 7 years, which is truly incredible. Really an opportunity of a lifetime and definitely life changing. There are also even opportunities and support available to start your own business. You definitely can't find that anywhere else.

Thriveworks' owners value hard work, results, creativity, a "make it happen" attitude, and are always willing to collaborate to achieve the shared mission. The CEO always talks about how our mission of "helping people live happier more successful lives," is not just about the clients, but also for the employees. I can definitely tell that he really means it.

You will be given opportunities and tools for success and the opportunity to work with a very high-functioning population of clients who ultimately really do "Thrive," as cheesy and cliche as it sounds since the company's name is Thriveworks. Outside of working with the clients, the most rewarding part of the job is working with such a supportive team. Everyone gets together to talk about clinical cases, and management even organizes Happy Hours for special events, including a really nice holiday party. You will be rewarded with very competitive pay, lots of benefits including Health Insurance, 401K, CEU's, free supervision, and lots of autonomy, and clinical support. I've also learned so much and have been able to advance my career to the highest possible level. It's truly an honor to work here.
Pros
Being a part of such a supportive team.
Cons
There is very little room for errors because it's a complex industry/business, so attention to detail is a must.
Great place to work!
Finance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 2, 2018
Thriveworks is a great company to work for! A typical day is busy, as there is always something to work on, but the days go by quick. The workplace culture is relaxed, yet professional.

There also seems to be a lot of opportunity for advancement in the company, which is great when you are wanting to continue to grow professionally.

Overall, Thriveworks is a company who continually strives to grow and better their company. It is a great place to work, and there is great management!
Pros
Relaxed Dress Code, Benefits, Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Noisy
Awesome
Director (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 2, 2018
Love working at Thriveworks! There is never a dull moment and the culture is amazing. The company has huge goals that include everyone's collaboration. I honestly love coming to work everyday.
Pros
Great culture, fast-paced, Goal-setting
Think Twice.
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 23, 2018
Typical work day is extremely face paced and high stress. The management is extremely un-experienced, and ill trained. The culture here is put your head down and do your work, if you ask questions or dis agree in the slightest you will not last. The worst part of this employer/job is the way they treat their clients. You will be forced to lie to clients as well as insurance representatives. The only thing decent at this job is the team. Not management but the team. They have good people that they consistently over work, under pay and mis-treat. But they are solid people stuck under poor management.
Great work environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 14, 2018
Great work environment, awesome management, good communication, easy work/life balance, relaxed but competitive work,great benefits, great chances for advancement
Don’t even bother
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 6, 2018
Your first few months with this company will be great. You will be blinded by all the “perks” you get and the “relaxed” atmosphere. You will then start to see the very disorganized chaos that the business actually is. There is no regard to how employees or clients may be affected by decisions of the management team (really just the CEO because no decisions are made without his approval). For a company who’s mission statement is “help people live happy and successful lives” they do a pretty terrible job of making anyone happy.
Pros
Weekly treats like doughnuts and champagne. Co-workers are also great.
Cons
Pretty much everything else’s. Especially the management team and the CEO
Promise A Lot- Offer Little
Fellow Clinician (Current Employee) –  somewhere in PAJuly 26, 2018
You may see 8+ clients per day. All kinds of promises are made when they recruit you but once you are there they do whatever they want. Management constantly adds and changes requirements without notice, which is extremely upsetting but no one cares how you feel. Seems odd for a counseling center, right?? Supervisors are not trained on how to manage employees in an positive manner. They offer health benefits but are constantly harassing you about losing your insurance because you didn't meet billable hours. It's very upsetting to work there.
Pros
pay rate is ok
Cons
constantly changing requirements and making you feel bad that you don't meet them
great coworkers
Individual and Group Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 5, 2018
I work with great psychotherapists and clients.

My hours are not consistent. Pay is not dependable either. Benefits are not as positive as possible. Not much room for advancement.
Love working here
Fellow Clinician (Current Employee) –  Richmond VADecember 11, 2017
I have a positive relationship with the management and colleagues at Thirveworks Richmond. I came from private practice in another state and I have always had a good relationship with my clients and the professional staff that I worked with and here at Thriveworks it is no different. I get to make my own hours, work with helping people manage their mental health disorders or adjustments in their life. Although I have been here for a short period of time, I really see no downside to my employment here at Thrivworks, and I look forward to continuing to have a rewarding career with them in the future.
Pros
Flexible hours, great professional staff
Cons
None that I can see of right now