Thriveworks Employee Reviews in Lynchburg, VA

Great work Environment!
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 1, 2019
Very relaxed work environment, run by very professional and considerate management. Fellow staff was very easy to work with, but also very determined which I liked. Enjoyed working here for a short amount of time, unfortunately, I had to relocate. Definitely recommend this establishment to anyone around the area.
Growth that is exciting to be part of!
Asst. Clinic Director (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 2, 2019
I started at Thriveworks a little over a year ago as a Billing Specialist. After learning valuable skills in that department, I was offered the position of Recruiter in the Clinics Department and have since been promoted to Asst Clinic Director. When management says that they promote from within, they truly mean it. Thriveworks is quickly becoming the biggest name in counseling, and how exciting it has been to be part of such growth!

Passion and motivation will take you far in this company. If you are driven and willing to put in the work, the opportunities are endless!
Pros
Career advancement opportunities
Cons
Ever-changing environment.. Great for some people! Others, not so much.
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 17, 2018
Great place to work. Relaxed & positive environment, great supervisors and coworkers. Great opportunity for bonuses. Opportunity for growth within the company. I have been here for about 6 years and plan to stay for as long as possible. I would definitely recommend Thriveworks to anyone that is looking for a position with a great company.
Pros
Get treated weekly with donuts, relaxed dress code and culture, positive environment
Great place to work!
Finance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 2, 2018
Thriveworks is a great company to work for! A typical day is busy, as there is always something to work on, but the days go by quick. The workplace culture is relaxed, yet professional.

There also seems to be a lot of opportunity for advancement in the company, which is great when you are wanting to continue to grow professionally.

Overall, Thriveworks is a company who continually strives to grow and better their company. It is a great place to work, and there is great management!
Pros
Relaxed Dress Code, Benefits, Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Noisy
Awesome
Director (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 2, 2018
Love working at Thriveworks! There is never a dull moment and the culture is amazing. The company has huge goals that include everyone's collaboration. I honestly love coming to work everyday.
Pros
Great culture, fast-paced, Goal-setting
Think Twice.
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 23, 2018
Typical work day is extremely face paced and high stress. The management is extremely un-experienced, and ill trained. The culture here is put your head down and do your work, if you ask questions or dis agree in the slightest you will not last. The worst part of this employer/job is the way they treat their clients. You will be forced to lie to clients as well as insurance representatives. The only thing decent at this job is the team. Not management but the team. They have good people that they consistently over work, under pay and mis-treat. But they are solid people stuck under poor management.
Great work environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 14, 2018
Great work environment, awesome management, good communication, easy work/life balance, relaxed but competitive work,great benefits, great chances for advancement
Don’t even bother
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 6, 2018
Your first few months with this company will be great. You will be blinded by all the “perks” you get and the “relaxed” atmosphere. You will then start to see the very disorganized chaos that the business actually is. There is no regard to how employees or clients may be affected by decisions of the management team (really just the CEO because no decisions are made without his approval). For a company who’s mission statement is “help people live happy and successful lives” they do a pretty terrible job of making anyone happy.
Pros
Weekly treats like doughnuts and champagne. Co-workers are also great.
Cons
Pretty much everything else’s. Especially the management team and the CEO
Pathetic...Chaotic....Stressful.....Unprofessional
Credentialing (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 21, 2017
Soooo where do I start?? This company is a complete joke, they have zero training for the chaotic stressful job you are about to embark on. You will be thrown into a pile of projects that you have no idea how to work. You also use the most unsecure programs such as Gmail for your business email platform that the healthcare providers are sending personal and sensitive documents through, and half the time can't even open them due to the computers not having adobe so your job becomes that much harder. They promise you that the workload will be manageable once they get staffed properly which will never happen becuase no one stays, as the most tenured employee has only been there a little over a year. The pay is terrible (way below the national average) for the amount of work you have and the micromanaging and drama you have to deal with... but the best part is when they pay new people with no experience more than what their current employees are making (you know the employees that have been loyal and stuck with them through the "tough times".) The credentialing manager is the biggest liar, hypocrite and joke that ever walked with zero experience in the credentialing job. They claim they want people with degrees but dont have degrees themselves. I have never seen such an unprofessional company in my life. The amount of projects you will have to work that were sold merely to make a buck is ridiculous and then it becomes your job to let the provider know that they paid a bunch of money and we can not get them on anything they want. You will quickly see that this company is all about  more... the money in their pockets and does not care if the employees are suffering. They will flaunt a laid back atmosphere, Parties, Champagne, Pizza and Donuts to paint a picture of the dream job we all want however this is a nightmare you can't wake up from. All the 5 star reviews have been written by family or friends of management please be mindful of that before applying to this outfit.  less
Pros
Co Workers who share the same pain
Cons
The lack of training, Pure Chaos, Low Pay, Management, Basically the rest of the company
Best Place for Counselors
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 14, 2016
Thriveworks offers the best environment for counselors to focus on what's important to them; working with client's. There is a sense of autonomy that allows counselors to flourish and grow professionally. The benefits of working in this environment extend to the quality team members that work within Thriveworks. There are competent staff to manage day to day operations and sufficient support clinically. Thriveworks offers a solution for counselors who truly enjoy therapy focus and master their craft.
Warm and inviting atmosphere
Fellow Clinician (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 5, 2016
My experience at Thriveworks has been a positive one. From my interview on, the atmosphere has been very welcoming. A feeling of relaxation is promoted upon walking into the office. The warm and inviting atmosphere allows me to provide quality counseling services to individuals.
Pros
Positive atmosphere and helpful coworkers
Cons
Credentialing takes a long time, but this is no different than other employers of this nature
One of the most caring companies to work for
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 5, 2016
Thriveworks is a company where if you do your job,and are a hard worker, you will realize how much opportunity there is to grow with the company and will see just how much they care about each and every employee. The CEO in particular is down to earth, generous, really cares about the well being of the employees at the same time making sure that the company is successful. What other company do you actually get to say you not only see the owner on a weekly or even daily basis but that they know you by name?!?! Hard work and dedication is rewarded within the company and personal praise is given all the time.

It may be a demanding and hard job, but nothing in life is easy, you are successful based on the work you put in and this company is one that makes it known to it's employees that with hard work comes growth and opportunity.

The rest of the staff and co-workers are great, always trying to put a smile on eachother's faces, very caring. Management is always there and available to their team and wants to be sure that they are happy within their position and are in the right position as well so that they can shine.
Pros
CEO is awesome!, management awesome, work hard play hard atmosphere
Cons
Stressful times can be stressful (but so is any job)
Efficient and Enjoyable
LPC (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 30, 2016
I've worked here at Thriveworks as a Licensed Professional Counselor for the past several months. The atmosphere is light and friendly. Everyone I've met has been helpful and engaging, making it a pleasure to come to work. While this is a challenging field and emotionally draining at times, Thriveworks has cheerful and energetic employees and management that are quick to respond and encourage. I truly appreciate those who work behind the scenes in a supportive role as well as my fellow clinicians. I frequently have clients comment on the atmosphere and mood of Thriveworks. They are always impressed with the office and comment about how comfortable it makes them feel. We are truly all working together as a team to provide the best services in the area.
Pros
laid back, friendly atmosphere, helpful employees
Cons
Excellent support for Clinicians!
Senior Fellow Clinician (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 29, 2016
I have been working at Thriveworks as a licensed clinician and by far this is the best experience that I have had working in a professional environment.
Pros
Good benefits package for full time staff
Cons
Great place to work with endless room for growth
Corporate Finance & Franchise Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 28, 2016
I love working at Thriveworks. This is an exciting, relatively young, quickly growing company with enormous opportunity for growth. I've been with the company a little over a year and I'm about to receive my third promotion. If you're willing to work hard and go above and beyond, it will certainly be recognized.

The culture at Thriveworks is one of fun, light-heartedness, and inclusion. The job can be stressful at times (as with any position), but every member of the team is willing to help out at a moment's notice.
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 2, 2016
A typical day: answer calls from clients who want to schedule a counseling appointment, or change or cancel a session. Co-workers: are all very helpful. I'm glad I'm in this department, I really like everyone. Sad when people leave/quit. Hardest part of the job: there are times when everyone decides to call at the same time and we get backed up. not fun but lasts less than 20 minutes. Some of the counselors we schedule clients for have way too many rules and special requests. Most enjoyable part of job: it's really a fun place to work. Laid back, even thought there's a lot of work. Never a dull moment. The company is growing like crazy. Mngt is always present and supportive.
Pros
Coworkers, office location, laid back, friendly place to work
Cons
lots of work, compensation
Serious issues
Credentialing specialist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 23, 2016
The first few weeks I loved my job, the donuts and champagne, the laid back attitude and the flexibility. But soon I realized the high turnover, lack of training and poor management created a miserable work life.
They provide little training leaving you unprepared. They promise you will ease into the workload due to the lack of training then drop huge projects on your plate that even the most experienced employees (of less than a year) can't help with. Because the department is so behind you will constantly be taking over other people's work. You ask for help or training and are told you'll be fine. It's a never ended circle, they can't keep employees because of the chaos then hire new employees just in time for the others to leave so the promise for a manageable workload is not possible.
Management: nobody communicates not with the employees and seeming not to eachother. Every supervisor will tell you something different. There's serious favoritism due to friends and family being hired probably out of desperation. They even launched online forms and didn't even tell the employees! From your first day you don't know who or how to report to a supervisor, to clock in etc because nobody shows up on time. Other reviews speak of the ceo and vp, I didn't have issues with them, and found both to be kind. Unfortunately they both don't seem to know what a mess the office is as they deal with the franchises and such. If these higher ups actually saw the problems they could fix it however my take is that they just don't know, again because of no communication.
Thriveworks is too
  more... laid back, there's no supervision or accountability which combined with the overdue work load creates a lack of motivation, and the lack of organization will make your life miserable. Also the benefits are terrible. Don't get sucked in, you'll soon realize you should've taken the other jobs you were offered that didn't appear to be a laid back paradise.  less
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor management, lack of training, unorganized
Great Team / Industry Leaders
Director (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 25, 2016
Thriveworks is a great place to work. I've witnessed a lot of growth since in my time with the company. We're constantly trying to improve our services and develop new strategies for helping people in the mental health field. Our work is rewarding, but it is hard work. We have great employees here, who daily go above and beyond for our clients and franchise locations. I'm proud to be a part of this industry-leading company.
Pros
Comfortable work environment, supportive teams, creative services
Cons
parking is a little tight
Excellent Workplace!
Attorney at Law (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 21, 2016
I've worked as an attorney at Thriveworks for about 3 years now. It's grown tremendously over that period of time. The work-life balance is excellent, and it's really a pleasure to come into work. The HQ is about a 6000 square foot vintage-modern fusion space, with brick walls and high ceilings. It's an open floor plan for lots of collaboration. There's a lot of work to do, so there's always a lot of commotion. What else...lots of great things about working here. Last Christmas management rented out the downtown kids' museum--which was a blast. We usually have more than a few parties and events every year. There's always something going on--whether it's a contest of some kind, or maybe the CEO hit gift cards all over the offices to help get everyone through the doldrums of February. This year we were all to busy to take down the Christmas tree--EASTER TREE! There's champagne on Fridays (literally, 4pm). The best part of my job is the people--the people at Thriveworks are deeply passionate about their mission, and also care a lot about one another. If you're looking for a job where you can punch in, be apathetic, and punch out, you won't last here. But I believe that everyone who tries and applies themselves does great, and has a very positive and rewarding career at Thriveworks.
Pros
The people, the Culture, always something interesting going on, the HQ space itself
Cons
Lots of growth means things are always changing
All about the profit, very unethical
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 7, 2016
Wow someone caught on to management... yes they write the 5 star reviews. Where to start?
Their therapist and employees at the office are always leaving, there is terrible turnover. They are focused on making money quick, therefore overworking and underpaying their staff. Their clients pay a yearly fee for "Gold Service" only every other therapist replies to emails and voicemails, there is no gold service. There are so many aspects of the business, some stay and some are just ideas that never take off. They do credentialing, and unless you hound them about your account, they really do not update you. There is a lot of turnover which makes it hard to know who to deal with. They have a billing service... wait... they had a billing service, got rid of it, got it back and got rid of it again. You CANNOT get out of a contract with them without paying but if they decide to stop doing your billing, you only get 30-60 days notice. It is only a matter of time before franchises start to blow up. They have this great concept but they do not have top notch staff that knows all the ins and outs. Most of their staff is newly out of school and often have no experience. You would think being as big as they claim to be they would be able to afford the best of the best staff to be number one. Last, don't get attached to your counselor they do not stay either.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
Everyone is miserable and would leave in a second with a another offer.