Thriveworks Employee Reviews for Therapist

Treat employees poorly
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 18, 2019
Try to charge penalty when I couldn’t work due to illness. Threats and pressure by administration. Do nothing to help prior to resignation but very quick to get their money from you as therapist. Very poor treatment to employee
Pros
Cons
Threats and charging for costs
Hard to give clients the care they deserve
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Not VirginiaAugust 23, 2016
I love providing therapy. I thought Thriveworks would be a great place for that as a young therapist. Well decorated offices, and they manage all the billing and credentialing, which was extremely valuable. However, being a franchise, I felt lost from day one. It felt like I had to call Virginia to discover where the extra kleenex was. Which was irritating, but I still got to see clients. However, the billing and scheduling staff is so over-worked, that there were many mess-ups. I had clients double-booked, or booked when I wasn't in the office and this was just terrible customer service for people who are trying to get help.

Honestly, I could deal with all of that. What was most difficult for me were the ethics behind their tiered or subscription service (which was in flux over the time I was there). I understand the idea of a boutique clinic, where you pay extra to have greater access and flexibility to care. However, it felt like the "extras" being offered with the subscription service were never actually discussed with therapists. At one point, clients could pay to have therapists "prioritize" their emails, when in fact, as an ethical therapist I respond to all client emails as soon as possible. These rules (and rules for no-show fees) changed several times without clear communication to the providers or the clients. These issues didn't allow me to create a safe space for my clients where they could be heard, rather than worried about being exploited.

However, the other clinicians I met at Thriveworks all seemed caring and competent, and I think most people had good
  more... intentions. Even management. I get that insurances don't reimburse enough for what we do, and a bigger profit would help with all the other issues (not enough help with billing/scheduling, errors, etc.)

I don't refer people to Thriveworks because I'm worried that they don't put the client experience first. I want to support my clients, not trick them into paying a fee for a service that doesn't actually exist.
Pros
nice offices, they handle credentialing and billing
Cons
explotive policies, no structure/support, many errors in scheduling