Thriveworks Employee Review

A sad disappointment
Enrollment specialist (Former Employee) –  FredericksburgJune 3, 2019
I truly went into this job excited about the chance to help people in a misunderstood field. This job is sadly a joke they did not provide proper training by any means, I had one week of training then forced onto the phone. Mean while management sits in secret shady meetings most of the day. They smile and try to save face but sadly they do nothing to help what so ever and tell you a bonus structure that is truly not intended to be hit they tell you. That they review your metrics “ Holistically” but that is the biggest joke. But meanwhile they make you feel that the ridiculous prices you charge people seeking help is worth it but the services provided are mediocre. Sadly my coworkers were the best part of this job and they are missed but honestly save yourself and look somewhere else for a career.
Pros
Coworker
Cons
Management, unrealistic goals, over priced services

Other Thriveworks Employee Reviews

Coming up on three years and still loving this.
LPC/therapist trainer (Current Employee) –  N. Lamar/Bastrop/South AustinJuly 4, 2019
I’ve been an LPC at Thriveworks in Austin and Bastrop for almost 3 years. What attracted me to this company was that there is still a private practice model, but we as clinicians are able to do what we do best while the office staff takes care of scheduling/billing/etc!

The cultural has been wonderful, and the other clinicians on staff have been amazing.
Pros
Set your own schedule, office staff help, independent, accessible management
A solid workplace environment
Therapist/Counselor (Current Employee) –  North Austin, TXJuly 2, 2019
Thriveworks (Austin - N. Lamar and Bastrop locations) provides a well-balanced work environment. As an LPC there, I can count on support when I need it (from colleagues and the practice owner), as well as independence and autonomy. I do not feel like someone is breathing down my neck, as I have in other jobs, namely in the not-for-profit sector. I work hard and earn a very good living. This is definitely a good job for responsible clinicians who love the work of psychotherapy -- you will be rewarded and feel respected as a professional. I set my own schedule (within reason) and truly enjoy coming to work! The most enjoyable part of the work is the challenge and reward of working with clients. My caseload is full and my days go by quickly and with a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.
Pros
Catered staff meetings, twice-annual staff parties, capable leadership
Cons
Could benefit from offering and HMO/PPO but does provide a healthcare spending account