Thriveworks Employee Review

Being a Nurse Practitioner for Thriveworks North Austin and Westlake Hills
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 1, 2017
I enjoyed working as a Nurse Practitioner for 2 Thriveworks Austin locations (Westlake Hills and North Austin).

I had amazing and supportive coworkers. Working side by side with many therapists was excellent. It was tremendously convenient to cross referral with trusted coworkers.

Building a client base at Thriveworks was quick and simple. Excellent support staff would set initial consultations. Within weeks, I felt like I had a full patient schedule, which followed with growing compensation. I was very comfortable with the compensation I received. I was never required to be "on call."

I was given incredible freedom regarding my schedule. I chose to work 4 days/wk, about 10hrs/d. I was given the option to work as few or many hours as I chose. Another NP worked at one of the practices as little as one Saturday/month.

The EMR was very user friendly. It was the easiest one I've ever used of the 5 I've previously had to use. One potential drawback, is the EMR does not have e-scribing at this time. However, if you are a provider who is not very tech savvy or prefers to avoid the hassle of e-scribing (which can be a huge pain with some EMRs), this is a non-issue. Also, I hear that the EMR system currently being used (as of 8/2017), is working on adding e-scribing as a feature.

I was sad to part ways with Thriveworks. I had to relocate due to unforeseen circumstances. I miss the beautiful office space, easy to use EMR, and camaraderie with the other professionals who worked there. The Thriveworks locations that I had the pleasure to work at (North Austin and Westlake
  more... Hills) were excellent. If you are interested in taking a position s an NP at Thriveworks North Austin or Thriveworks Westlake Hills (or other locations managed by those owners), do not hesitate to ask for my direct contact information from them if you would like to know more.

-MB
Pros
Great coworkers, beautifully pre-furnished office, flexible schedule, user-friendly EMR, quick to build client base, no "micromanaging, " comfortable compensation
Cons
EMR doesn't offer e-scribing

Other Thriveworks Employee Reviews

Treat employees poorly
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 18, 2019
Try to charge penalty when I couldn’t work due to illness. Threats and pressure by administration. Do nothing to help prior to resignation but very quick to get their money from you as therapist. Very poor treatment to employee
Pros
Cons
Threats and charging for costs
Awful.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 8, 2019
They admit bonus’ are not calculated accurately, but that they “try their best” therefore good luck getting one. 13 an hour for the amount of work and stress is not worth it. Management is a joke. The incompetence is astounding and the belittling that goes on is disgusting. I went in to this job hopeful and proud of what I was doing, left disgusted and embarrassed I represented a company that over charges and takes advantage of the mentally ill.