Thruway Direct Employee Reviews

Terrible, the company is pathetic
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 16, 2018
BeThe company is a complete was of time to work for. I would never recommend this job to my worse enemy. The company will have you come into work at 5:30 and often you will be sent home without pay due to the company not getting enough routes. I have seen on multiple occasions over 10 employees sent home on a single day! But the company continues to hire new employees. So if you want to work your butt off for 14$ an hour making 150-240 stops a day for 14 an hour with no benefits or social life this job may be for you. They don't care about your safety all they care about is getting the packages delivered. They will keep you on the road sometimes 15+ hours because they need packages delivered. They take advantage of you fully! I originally loved the job but after seeing the work culture it's pathetic. DO NOT WORK HERE UNLESS YOU WANTED TO BE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF AND SENT HOME WITHOUT PAY. The company does not take an steps to resolve this problem either. So I advise anyone to be careful when working for this company.
Horrible place to work! Dont do it
Driver (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJOctober 26, 2018
Dont do it. They work you like a slave, from loading your truck (which takes forever) waiting for everybody to get done which means you will be getting back later. You cant come back til you finished delivering your packages. They have you out late at night & you cant even see the addresses. The parking lot is a mad house. Everything takes forever. So unorganized. The pay isnt worth it.
Pros
Cons
No break, late & long hours, poor management EVERYTHING
Awful Management, awful pay, timecard fraud
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 9, 2018
I had one day of training. Then I was on my own. I paid 130$ out of my paycheck for a uniform that I didn’t get for 5 weeks. You aren’t guaranteed 40 hours each week. Pay is only 14$. If your work day is on a holiday you don’t get paid since you don’t work. Bosses are not available for questions. The tools you use for your route are broken, don’t charge, and you aren’t given supplies you need. They change your shift start time without notifying you. This is definitely not a stable job at all. If you end up getting stuck somewhere and need them to tow your van you don’t get paid for the time you spent waiting for them to get you. I can not recommend this job to anyone unless you are truly desperate for any job. Also, they change your timesheets without telling you.
Pros
Cons
Dog bites, poor pay, poor management, not stable, overall the entire job is a “con”
Not a good company to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAOctober 27, 2018
they show favoritism to some drivers most drivers are scheduled but don’t get a route, poor vans to work in, management is horrible pay is not really good when they send u home because they over schedule.. can’t move up in the company and if they tell u a driver assistant is moving up its not. Dispathers are rude and nasty and sometimes don’t want to help with some of the problems
Pros
On the road alone
Cons
Management, pay, breaks
poor management
Route Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJuly 23, 2018
Poor management skills,no room for advancement ,unsafe vechile to driver ,sometime no lunch break but its been deducted from your time ,no associate engagement
Pros
Cons
Overall bad
Fast workplace environment run by lazy management
Delivery Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJune 22, 2018
Working for Thruway direct for Amazon Fresh was a time that was both stressful and fun at times like most jobs. Overall I cannot say I would recommend the job to anyone for any Department under Thruway direct. I worked as a delivery associate delivering Amazon Fresh orders in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and New Jersey. I was employed for the company for over a year. At the time I worked for Thruway, the company terms promised to it's employees never came to fruition not only for me but for my other co-workers as well.

Good luck to anyone who works for Thruway Direct in Elizabeth New Jersey.
Pros
At the time, location of deliveries.
Cons
Company promises, Management, Employee work environment.
loved managment
Courier (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 18, 2018
Terrible benefits, unfair pay(too little for too much), long hours with lack of advancement, stressful work environment with lack of communication, fun people
Pros
out on the road
Cons
forced 30 minute break, stressful
Driver (Former Employee) –  Moonachie, NJOctober 5, 2018
Management was all over the place. You wasn't always guaranteed a route if u didn't have a route you was sent home a hour later from the time u arrived instead of being sent out as a back up helper which didn't make sense to me.
Pros
Good pay rate
Cons
Gps equipment sucked
Work benefits
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJOctober 27, 2018
They can do better with they work benefits Ive been there for 2 years with no paid vacation no health benefits no nothing I can’t continue a job without benefits
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Enough is Enough
Route Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 29, 2018
Thruway gets a poor review because there isn't any balance in the company. The wages are not competitive for the cost of living. Too many days off and not a full week of pay, only a fool would live on these wages. Special preferences is given to certain drivers do to their Spanish heritage, which is not fair. Balance, unity, wage increase, more hours and the same equality for everyone is definitely needed in this company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth New JerseyNovember 5, 2018
They will blame you for something that wasn’t your fault like Management sucks ,unorganized ,Not professional,lack of Communication,Employees are rude
Disorganized
Foot Courier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 14, 2018
Very disorganized as a company. Management does not care or appreciate their workers. It is very hard to directly speak with management because supervisors do not make it easy for us to contact them.
real labor
Amazon carrier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 22, 2018
the job is very simple and easy to do. there are not enough hours available, my team and i would be done with our routes in 3-5 hrs, which forced us to stretch our hours as much as possible to possibly get 6-7 hr worth of pay. that was ok for the young ppl who had no where to go after and was ok with hanging around/stalling in midtown . for a women like me, it not only felt uncomfortable taking my time, and hanging around ppl businesses and homes, but felt out of place. its either take a long time completing an easy task or walk more than your feet can bear while pulling a heavy cart around in order to get your hrs. the few times i tried, i still didn't make 8 hrs because of the amount of ppl working. The only day you are guaranteed 8 hr pay is your mandatory wknd day. supervisors was cool and quick with everything. they would even stretch out your inventory, or save some on the truck for you so u can have more time/ work. So, when applying for this job, i did not know it would only be 4 days a wk, or that i would be fighting for my 8 hrs a day. u can come in on your days off for people who have the availability.
Pros
you can work on your days off without a problem from my experience
Cons
you are not getting 8 hrs a day, with an 1 hr unpaid lunch break
no way thruway
Walker (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 22, 2018
Thruway is one of the worst jobs you could work for. Your opinions will be ignored when concerning management. The equipment is subpar and malfunctions often. The atmosphere is very racially segregated, not favoring those of darker skins. And their ad for employment is not true, the promises are never kept, and advancement is unheard of.
Pros
Cons
sometimes I am rushed or even denied a break, send you home on scheduled work days because of 'forecast'
It's ok for part-time job
Amazon Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 2, 2018
I tried to make the best of it but it's alot of favoritism, dirty vans, crashed vans, not that organized, thought it was a career job for me, cut hours periodically
fun but non livable hours
Amazon Fresh Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 27, 2018
It was interesting and a great environment but, they hire too many employees which lead to less hours of work and being underpaid. Also it took nearly months to get uniforms even though we paid for them. Their health benefits were a non factor too!
Don't waste your time
Delivery (Current Employee) –  Rochester New YorkOctober 29, 2018
From the start the dispatchers are very poor at their job Believe me even the best drivers get the worst treatment I've seen it. So let me warn you this place has no growth potential. The training well that's only One day Then you're on your own, They throw you to the wolves . All I can say is up to you Do you wanna be a winner when do you wanna be dinner.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 5, 2018
It was great working with the team but the bureau wasn’t organized at all. Some manager really don’t know what they was doing and the dispatcher either doesn’t know how to do they job or talk to the drivers. The dispatcher are really rude and disrespectful with the drivers. And they inexperienced.
Pros
Cons
No healthcare
Unprofessional
Driver (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJOctober 18, 2017
Very poor management with upper heads and dispatchers ,driver are treated like garbage ,no lunch breaks most days but still get 30 minutes taken away from you each day ,contract they have u sign is a total lie ,no raise in pay and if you not Spanish you are treated unfair
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Poor management, no raised as promise in contract
Its an ok work environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2018
There is nothing special about thru way. Its your average run of the mill delivery company. The vans you drive aren't taken care of that well. Sometimes you come in and there may not be a route available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thruway Direct. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3