Thruway Direct Employee Reviews

fun but non livable hours
Amazon Fresh Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 27, 2018
It was interesting and a great environment but, they hire too many employees which lead to less hours of work and being underpaid. Also it took nearly months to get uniforms even though we paid for them. Their health benefits were a non factor too!
poor management
Route Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJuly 23, 2018
Poor management skills,no room for advancement ,unsafe vechile to driver ,sometime no lunch break but its been deducted from your time ,no associate engagement
Pros
Cons
Overall bad
Fast workplace environment run by lazy management
Delivery Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJune 22, 2018
Working for Thruway direct for Amazon Fresh was a time that was both stressful and fun at times like most jobs. Overall I cannot say I would recommend the job to anyone for any Department under Thruway direct. I worked as a delivery associate delivering Amazon Fresh orders in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and New Jersey. I was employed for the company for over a year. At the time I worked for Thruway, the company terms promised to it's employees never came to fruition not only for me but for my other co-workers as well.

Good luck to anyone who works for Thruway Direct in Elizabeth New Jersey.
Pros
At the time, location of deliveries.
Cons
Company promises, Management, Employee work environment.
Enough is Enough
Route Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 29, 2018
Thruway gets a poor review because there isn't any balance in the company. The wages are not competitive for the cost of living. Too many days off and not a full week of pay, only a fool would live on these wages. Special preferences is given to certain drivers do to their Spanish heritage, which is not fair. Balance, unity, wage increase, more hours and the same equality for everyone is definitely needed in this company
loved managment
Courier (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 18, 2018
Terrible benefits, unfair pay(too little for too much), long hours with lack of advancement, stressful work environment with lack of communication, fun people
Pros
out on the road
Cons
forced 30 minute break, stressful
Don't
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYMarch 20, 2018
Be prepared to deliver AT LEAST 200 packages a day. TWO HUNDRED.

A bunch of different "courrier" companys share the same warehouse with thruway. In reality they're all linked and owned by the same people but split up in to different, smaller companies for more beneficial tax purposes. Problem is thruway is dead last to load up in the morning (anywhere from 9:30 to 10:30am) and thus you won't be home until 10pm unless you want to jeff gordon your way through your route and risk your clean license/safety as well as delivery accuracy.

Not to mention the laughable uniform (a dopey hi-vis vest) taxes. $5 EVERY WEEK and $25 deducted from your first paycheck as well as $25 every 6 months for a total of $75 deducted for your first year NOT INCLUDING the dopey $5 weekly tax. The f is this? You are not made aware of these fee's until AFTER you are hired and are signing the paperwork. (which is done on your smartphone/tablet, lmao.)

Your co-workers are good honest folk for the most part.

The managers are decent enough people but be warned you will magically be "mis-scheduled" if you are not up to par and you will go home with no work. So there is no true guarentee of hours. Especially true of new, unexperienced deliverers.

You will get paid for the hours you worked, to be fair.

Overall a hilarious hodge-podge of a company, turnover is absurdly high and rightfully so.

Biggest thing I can say is, be prepared to be disappointed.
Pros
You kidding me?
Cons
Literally almost everything
no way thruway
Walker (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 22, 2018
Thruway is one of the worst jobs you could work for. Your opinions will be ignored when concerning management. The equipment is subpar and malfunctions often. The atmosphere is very racially segregated, not favoring those of darker skins. And their ad for employment is not true, the promises are never kept, and advancement is unheard of.
Pros
Cons
sometimes I am rushed or even denied a break, send you home on scheduled work days because of 'forecast'
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYFebruary 10, 2018
They Hire new people every day, have 40 people each day for 20 routes so you don't get more than 30 hrs a week, Lack of management this is an example of a company that its managers clearly don't have an Idea of what they are doing.

But if you don't trust me get in and you will get disappointed in less than 48hrs guaranteed

Plus they don't know what is direct deposit.
Cons
fun work place no stress
Delivery Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYFebruary 2, 2018
typical day at thruway is straight forward you go in get your amazon parcels load them into the company provided van scan out from the warehouse then your on your way to make your deliveries no stress no one bothering you on the road, when your done with all your deliveries for the day you head back to the warehouse park your vehicle and clock out go about your business.
Pros
on the road by yourself no body on your back
Cons
Great management team, autonomous work environment
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJanuary 4, 2018
A typical day involved picking up a van load of packages from the warehouse, delivering the packages to various locations, and returning the van to the facility. The management was pleasant and helpful. With a few exceptions, the routes were not stressful and made sense.
horrible
Amazon Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 5, 2017
job was poorly managed. company vehicles were horrible. jus was not a great place to work . very unorganized. they had more drivers than they had routes. and alot of favoritism was shown.
Innovative Logistics Company
Delivery Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 17, 2017
Logistics meeting the future of technology and home deliveries. Working in newly constructed Amazon buildings and meeting new people everyday. This job gives me daily opportunity to learn and experience new environments.
Pros
3 Days off!
Not a good company
Delivery Driver/Package sorter (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYNovember 15, 2017
Do not work here. Disorganized, didn't give me information about 401K only took the money out my check. Did not offer benefits or raises as posted. Had to pay $5 every paycheck for my uniform.
Thruway Direct is some what racist and horrible management.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJOctober 28, 2017
Thruway direct is not a place to work due to lack of management no respect take advantage of people work people harder than what they supposed to no lunch breaks but they still deduct 30 mins from your pay work consistently want you to rescue others constantly it's a no-go and what gets me the most is that they treat Spanish people better than other nationalities to the whole management is Spanish as well as the dispatchers it is wrong there is not one black or white in dispatch or management position and then they send us home and give work to the Spanish it's not fair someone needs to report this. I only refer this job to Spanish people and desperate people that's looking for employment good luck.
Pros
Cons
Only send spanish people on jobs and and other nationalities home.
Unprofessional
Driver (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJOctober 18, 2017
Very poor management with upper heads and dispatchers ,driver are treated like garbage ,no lunch breaks most days but still get 30 minutes taken away from you each day ,contract they have u sign is a total lie ,no raise in pay and if you not Spanish you are treated unfair
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Poor management, no raised as promise in contract
My view on Thruway
Courier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2017
Working condition on Thruway are harsh for some and mellow for other, the harder you work the harder they make you work and because they have problem keeping employee they'll just let most get away with barely working and complaining about anything, so for them to avoid the complaints they'll excessively use those who want to do their duty pushing them out in the process.
Cons
There is absolutely no benefit working with Thruway
unprofessional and unorganized management team
Driver (Former Employee) –  NJAugust 21, 2017
The job itself iscool but they have a poor management, even when I saw those bad reviews I wanted to do my own experience. You wouldn't have any ID for at least for 4 weeks. It ll be difficult for you to get in. You have to call dispatch thousand time before they finally answered they would tell you somebody gonna come get you till you would finally go home, waisting time. And they don't owe you any explanation. They would call you to start driving after completing your 2 drive alone training, and when you get there, they would say sorry we don't have enough Delivery for our driver. You gotta go home . Till now old drivers complaint about the raise promised when they signed their first contract. Some of them already quit, they always messed up your check. You worked 50 hours and when you got your check you just got pay for 39. They don't care about driver at all. You have bills to pay that's their problem. They kept hired driver that they don't really need. So you are here in their file whenever someone did not show up they would call you. Even when you signed for full time . I decided to quit the day when I noticed that some drivers covered 2 shifts while others were asked to go home because they did not have enough deliveries. Poor management, no respect. The most welcome race is the Spanish people and you would see that from the management team.
Pros
If no traffic you will have time for break
Cons
Unorganized
I enjoy wprling for this company
Driver Associate (Current Employee) –  Avenel, NJAugust 19, 2017
It's an very fast pace company. They deliver AMAZON product. It's easy and flexible they work with you on setting your schedule. Down to earth Management. Dispatcher are very hands on while your on the road. You really have to be a people's person to handle this job
Pros
Great way to explore other cities and States
Cons
Not productive and horrible job
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  New York StateJuly 13, 2017
Don't work for this company. They post on craigslist everyday expecting some desperate person to take this job. Don't do it. If you're desperate, look elsewhere
Pros
Cons
They're terrible
No they are very racist
Driver Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJune 28, 2017
They only wanna give the most work to their own kind of people they are. Very unprofessional. Very unorganized. And they lie to cover up each other dirty work
Pros
No free lunch lucky if you ever get one
Cons
No breaks health care is garage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thruway Direct. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4