Thumbtack Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
Thumbtack, Inc.
Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 26, 2018
a great place for referrals for independent jobs for your skill set. downside is that they charge per referral. the charges to receive a more progressive lead file is excessive and the actual leads do fall through do to the volume received.
Pros
work independently
Cons
charging for leads on sid services.
Thumbtack General Contractor
General Contracto/owner (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 18, 2018
As a contractor performance was essential for me delivering an objective and meeting target closing dates. Since Thumbtack contracts are high profile excellent workmanship was a high value placed on my services. Outsourcing (approximately half my revenue budget was spent on time, materials and installations).

1. The overall framework for my reviewing contractor performance was designed on being consistent.

2. To be punctual, and to be flexible to suit each contract, including the smaller contracts with service discretion, and fairness. These first two dimensions are the bases in which I produce the overall foundation of my business as a General Contractor.

Undertaking a contract and monitoring when a contract is about to expire is a traditional process where pictures are taken and sent to Thumbtack headquarters and Cabinet member(s) are enlisted to vote to approve a competitive review. Here is where it is key to performance and revenue in all aspects which largely ensures your entrepreneurial success. You could be featured Being in charge and making important decisions is fulfilling, but also very challenging to grasp.
Pros
Work for yorself, and the potential for limitless revenue
Cons
Always on-call, increased stress levels, in charge of employees, sales, customer service, vendors and inventory stock.
This is a freelance online agency
Web Designer (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCMay 28, 2018
I have only worked on a couple projects through Thumbtack and the individuals I have worked with have been great. The projects have been challenging, however, the pay was on a bit of the lower side.
Pros
Flexible Work Environment
Cons
Can be quite competitive to get work and low wages
Too expensive to use on a regular basis
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  onlineMarch 17, 2018
The jobs are there but: a lot of people back out of the opportunities. It's a fairly new site and it can cost a lot to get a foot in the door with a job.
Pros
Lots of available work
Cons
Expensive
n/a
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTDecember 1, 2017
Thumbtack is a great place to work if you fit their culture. Run by millennials, you need to be up to speed with Fantastic Beasts and Harry Potter. The company as a whole is great, working in Customer service was poor. They have a lot of expectations, consistently review your calls and quotas which need to be met are unrealistic. The rest of the company is pretty good. Moving up, you have a lot of competition and is hard unless you meet their standards. I recommend if you are thinking of going into the tech side of the it, but highly do no recommend the customer support.
Pros
Free lunches, great night outs
Cons
Hard to move up and around, very much culture based
Fun and Intellectually Challenging
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 25, 2017
I always enjoy coming into work and look forward to the working on the challenges we have at Thumbtack. We always challenge the status quo and look for fun new ways of approaching life and work.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits
Cons
Too much discussion leads to inaction
excellent workplace culture
Snippet Writer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 12, 2017
I had the chance to work productively with flexible work schedule. I learned how to be efficient, effective, and self-motivated. I enjoyed mentoring my colleagues to help meet our company's goals too. I learned the value of professionalism.
Pros
the company is very generous, they value their employees
Great culture
Customer Service Account Manager (Former Employee) –  UtahSeptember 16, 2017
TT was a great place to use my skills to help customers. Problem is, although I provided 100% positive feedback experience, my manager had an ego. If I didn't do things his way - I got written up- regardless what my scores were. Not ok
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Its your words against theirs
Good, but quotes cost too much
Artist (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 29, 2017
Easy to get work as a freelancer. However, they should consider taking a portion out of the money you earn through the site instead of charging for each quote you send out.
Pros
Flexibility, Easy to work, simple job
Cons
Quotes cost too much, some clients may be dishonest
Thumbtack Review
Guitar Teacher (Current Employee) –  New Brighton, PAJune 23, 2017
What's great about Thumbtack is that you're basically your own boss, and you get all that comes with that. You set your own hours, but you don't get paid vacation or paid time off.
Pros
Freedom to create my own work schedule
Cons
No paid vacations/time off
Fun if starting your own company
Freelance Photographer (Current Employee) –  EverywhereJune 6, 2017
This site is great if you are trying to do some extra work on the side. Only downfall is that your dealing with the public who has no idea that it cost us money to quote on a job.
Pros
Great chance to make money
Cons
cost money to quote on jobs that you might not get.
Great Experince
Small Business Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NCMay 26, 2017
Running my own small business was extremely rewarding. I don't regret trying this site out for one minute. It is so user friendly ad enjoyable. Take your time to try it and you wont be disappointed.
Productive and Fun
SEO Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 21, 2017
This is a great entry level position for anyone interested in a job that has maneuverability and hierarchy in terms of promotional ability. Management is great!
Great opportunity for students and entrepreneurs
Owner of Heaven Scent Catering (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 25, 2017
I was originally hired for a one time job and I have been working for the same couple for 2 1/2 years. Most one time jobs for me turn into a permanent position. It allows me to attend college and accept which jobs that I have time for.
Pros
positive feedback from clients
Cons
short breaks, long days setting up, serving, breaking down
A great company to work with!
Computer Repair Technician, Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 8, 2017
I like the flexibility and freedom that working with Thumbtack provides. I can work my own schedule and choose the job assignments myself.
Pros
Flexibility and I am my own boss.
Cons
Losing out on job bids.
Snippet Writer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, USAJanuary 9, 2017
A place where you can achieve career growth. It was very challenging, hence, I've learned a lot of things when I was still connected to the company.
Pros
Free trips
Cons
Challenging
Great company for the independent contractor
Drum Set Instructor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 31, 2016
I have loved working for Thumbtack as a teacher. They are very helpful with details about work policies and leave a lot of room open to schedule. You as the teacher get great ability to choose what students you take in.
Pros
Great Availability of students
Fun and Hip
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 24, 2016
Thumbtack has a wonderful work environment and takes care to hire only the best of the best. They really take care of their employees and makes sure that they not only enjoy the work they do but just being there at work. In almost 2 years I have never woken up thinking, "I do not want to go to work today!".
Pros
Free Lunch, Great Benefits, Parties, Amazing Swagg, Gym on Site
Steady workflow, great flexibility in choosing job assignments.
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 27, 2016
Great company to work with. Excellent managerial staff and support system.
The most enjoyable part of the job is completing an assignment to the happy client's satisfaction; a happy client is an excellent motivator.
Pros
Work your own hours.
Cons
Some assignments can be extremely lengthy.
Great culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 7, 2016
Super people. Fun place to work. Love the mission of the company. Move fast and have an impact. Can have variety of tasks.