Thunder Valley Casino Resort Employee Reviews

Good job, but not ideal for me
Transportation (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAApril 17, 2018
My position is "on call". Which isn't what you think. I am on the schedule 40 hours a week, but my hours are inconsistent. They fit me in where they need me. In the back where guests aren't allowed, employees do not look happy to be there. My manager is cool, but upper management really controls my department, and they aren't good at it.
Pros
It's a paying job
Cons
It's a low paying job
Fun and productive
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAApril 5, 2018
Great place to work management sucked and never a consistent schedule managers were always leaving cooks understaffed as well as not giving breaks till your 7 the hour
Security
Security Officer (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAMarch 17, 2018
So for everything you do and protecting the money you get paid a high 12.55/hr woooh, you put your life in danger at times from people sleeping in their cars with guns to the constant drug flow. managers are amazing and helpful they know the pay for some people suck but they do everything they can to be there for you and help you out. The culture was great mostly everyone is friendly, a lot of the time there are clicks, but that's at every job. Oh and to top it off theres no night differential pay, and the tribal people there get treated like gods even though they do so much stuff that should get trespassed for.
Pros
free meals, understanding helpful management, paying for your own equiptment
Cons
pay
Housekeeping
Houseperson (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CAFebruary 26, 2018
Ive had a wonderful time over the last 4 years in the hotel. Probably because I am prior service and don't have a problem with attendance. It feels like a couple people every week get fired over attendance, so please DONT get a job here if you have a problem being late or showing up to work. The bosses and big bosses are going nuts trying to improve out turnover rates. That said, there are approx. 60-80 co-workers on any given day (Housepersons/GRA's/Leads) that you have to work with. By my estimation 20% are the most negative people you will meet. They complain about anything and everything. Another 20% are always tired. They act like they sleep 1 hour a day everyday, its weird. Another 20% act like the switch on their brain is stuck in the "Off" position. I interact with these people and wonder how they passed the interview. The rest of us just enjoy working a typical 9-5 where we can provide superior customer service to our guests. The full time benefits are outstanding with many options. In conclusion, if you have no problems with attendance and know how to follow rules constantly. Then you will have a bright future at TVCR.
Pros
You make many friends, some casual and some good friends. All age ranges and ethnicitys
Cons
Compared to being at war in the desert, none!
fun place to work
Utility Porter (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAFebruary 22, 2018
very high volume of guest , fun place to work and be. crew members work together and help each other . lots of room for advancements and training , good health care package too.
Pros
free lunches, health care
management
Security Field Training Officer/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAFebruary 16, 2018
High Turn over rate for Lack of Pay all employees are moving to Red Hawk for completive pay. Over all Casino is great but employee are not getting recognized for their hard work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
lack of pay
Good job
Surveillance Agent (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Secure job with good benefits but an extremely busy working environment. Some positions do not have good promotion availability. Not competitive hourly wages compared to Las Vegas.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Busy work environment
Management sucks, benefits are good, and other employees are cool.
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Hotel management is a joke. They don't care what's going on in your life, they micromanage like we are all children. They ask you things to do that are not required in your job title. Management doe not know how to run a business, they do not make logical decisions. Higher management above them does nothing about it nor does the union. Only good thing working there were the friends by your side and the friendly guest.
Pros
Get an hour lunch thats paid for and all food is free.
Cons
Can be boring at times.
Fun and quick paced place to work
Slot Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CADecember 9, 2017
I enjoyed working at TVCR, but the point system for attendance catches up with you if not careful. Management was awesome and so were my co workers. I actually miss it to be honest.
Pros
Free lunches, great pay for work required, good benefits
Cons
Sometines patrons could be very rude and disrespectful.
Nice co workers
Reaort operator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CADecember 3, 2017
I was new. I knew I was a little slower catching on for some reason. But mgmt assured me I was fine!! Then out of blue, let go. New young manager on board and very very serious at times. And he wanted power. And apparently he didnt ike me. I was let go with no warning at all. Except they trained a new person
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low pay, changes always
its a productive place of work
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CANovember 20, 2017
it is a fast pace place to work, learned only cashiering skillsof the Casino, Management was very in supportive, workplace was of no team work, hardest part was trying to be a team worker and ofcus on customer transactions, it was a place where you meet a lot of diferent people
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no tem work and management was not very kind
Miserable taking money from degenerates all the time
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CANovember 19, 2017
Couldnt do it morally anymore. Its not fun taking money from people who couldnt help themselves. Sure friday and saturday nights might be fun but i see the same people playing everyday im there shipping in their checks and its heartbreaking.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Morally heartbreaking
Work hours
Dealer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CANovember 14, 2017
Work hours and scheduling needs an overhaul, inconsistent and unfair. Training program for Dealers is great. Overall it is a good place to work although there is no flexibility with scheduled hours and no work life balance
Pros
Free food! Great benefits!
Cons
No holidays, inconsistent work schedule and hard to get approved time off.
it was not ok
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAOctober 12, 2017
if you get injury on the and no take workers comp, you will still work but its not easy. i hurt my knee and had to walk from one end of the casino to the other with a cane that didn't really help and sit in a corner with a radio for eight hours doing nothing.
Poor management and overworks employees
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAOctober 10, 2017
Department overworks it’s employees and does not pay well enough for the amount of labor required. Managers are not very understanding when employees express their concerns and there is quite a bit of favoritism shown around the workplace.
Pros
Free lunch, occasional tips
Cons
Pay, approval of time off requests
It was exceptional
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAAugust 1, 2017
For me it was an interesting first job. Starting off, they provided training that pretty much lead throughout my employment. However, this job was extremely time demanding and I found my personal life conflicting with my work schedule. No matter how much I asked for a change they pretty much ignored my request. But if you do happen to have the time, it could be worth your time.
Pros
free food during break, employee discounts
Cons
casino, depressing experiences of addiction, rude supervisors
okay place to work
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 30, 2017
okay experience/ hated the attendance policy over all. Management wasnt too great or supportive. A lot of changes need to be made and very fast. I would recommend to others though.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks /attendance policy/parking
Advancement opportunities after 3 months
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJuly 1, 2017
The company has good benefits and good pay. There is a range of opportunity after a few months. Working hours can vary depending on department. Good job for tips
Great environment
Subway Counter attendant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJune 28, 2017
All co workers are like family and welcoming. Management is awesome and there when you need then. Great place to work!!! It is fast paced but the vibe is a good one if you like the excitement this place provides.
Exciting Venue
BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJune 9, 2017
Educational and informative. A great deal to learn about the Indian Gaming Commission- its procedures, policies. Federal Laws & regulations also apply and are enforced.
Exciting and energizing venue- the atmosphere, promotions, people
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Scheduling v Advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thunder Valley Casino Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Thunder Valley Casino Resort Reviews by Location