Thunder Valley Casino Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Good place to work.
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAApril 23, 2018
I answered calls, directed to the correct person/extension. Gave directions to persons driving to Casino. Announced Jackpots, and paged people. Dispatched security and cleaning personnel. Learned how to give directions. Worked a complex phone system. Managers are fine, I worked nights and rarely saw my manager. The hardest part was language barrier. Best part was announcing jackpots, and working with my friend.
Pros
free food, gifts and parties
Cons
hard to move up.
The people made it a family atmosphere
Security Guard / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAMarch 22, 2018
I did enjoy my time at Thunder Valley. But it not worth the stress. It was a low paying job. for what a Security officer was expected to do: Wake people up in parking lots / Stop Fights / Escort Drunk people off property / Learn 4 pages of Codes and Conduct / Place your self in Danger / Handling Thousands of Dollars in Chips and responsible for these Gambling Chips back to the Internal Bank. These are but a few responsibilities. Way to much to be be in charge of for a low wage paying job. -Regards
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Part Time unitl after 90 Days of passing probationary period
Hectic place but alot of fun
Assistant beverage manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Creating schedule for all 180 bartenders, servers, porters and barbacks. maintaining balance out in the floor making sure everyone is doing their jobs. ordering enough supplies to last the week and making sure attendance and coaching are added when needed.
Pros
free lunches, great benefits
Cons
not enough staff, always short handed and alot of department issues
Great work enviroment, unfair management
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CADecember 12, 2017
The day to day work was fun, relaxed, and rewarding. Their attendance policy is very unfair, and the upper management was dishonest and extremely unfair.
Pros
The guests, the hours, the pay
Cons
Upper management, unfair discipline
Friendly coworkers
Food Runner/Busser (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CADecember 2, 2017
Environment is fun to work in with all the coworkers always helping each other out. Restock and clean when needed. When there was down time could relax for a min or two and then repeat work throughout the day.
Crazy hours but overall a fun place
Host/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CANovember 20, 2017
Thunder Valley was a super fast paced job, we either had to seat guest at the podium or attend to our guest at the pastries. We were always running around. depending on your shift and day it was either super busy or slower then ever. Graveyards were the worst.
Pros
Paid lunch, discounts around the casino
Cons
On call
very strict, but fun loving people to work with!
SLOT MARKET REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CAOctober 30, 2017
It was a very friendly environment. It pays well and is a great place for opportunities. Not a job that will give you time with your family. But you can work your way up the ladder here!
Pros
fun loving people and great money and great benefits
Cons
cruddy hours and long shifts
fun place
Clerk/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAOctober 21, 2017
was very relaxed at times and fast paced other times. the learning was everyday. met people from all walks of life and globe. I would work there again but I now cant handle the smoke from cigarettes
Pros
great place
Cons
smoke in the casino
working at thunder valley casino
Floor Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CA 95648September 12, 2017
While working as a security officer for two years. it was a good experience for dealing with fights and medicals. while working these medicals I have learned a lot of first aid and CPR . this job gave the courage to help people in need.
Pros
learned alot
Cons
n/a
Overall a very productive work place with lots of benefits
Server (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CAAugust 24, 2017
The best part of my job is that i meet a lot of wonderful people that i work with and customers. The place is very clean and organized just a 1 and half drive is a long stretch for me to commute everyday.
Pros
Benefits, free lunch, paid lunch
Cons
1 1/2 hours drive to work
Great pay, free food.
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CA 95648August 2, 2017
Working at TVC was a great learning experience. It taught me the important values of customer service as well as the ins/out of the gaming industry. It helped me improve my critical thinking vastly and the team there was the best!
Pros
great pay. free food
Cons
smoking environment
Unfair Let-go
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJuly 9, 2017
Working there wasn't bad, at all. I liked it, actually. Plus they feed you LOL. Was hoping for advancement after the 3 months probation.
And then I witnessed my co-worker & partner for the day get SEXUALLY HARASSED by our manager. She knew I was there, he thought they were alone. Later that day, before our shift was over, she asked me if I'll be her witness because she was going to report him. I, of course, said "Yes".She did. We were "suspended" for a few days. Then after those "few days" I was asked to come in & pick up my last check. Mind you, this all happened towards the end of my 3 month probation. And I had heard rumors from other employees (who happened to be friends with my father, who also worked there) there, saying that they had a habit of "letting go" employees after learning they wanted to leave maintenance for a different position.
Pros
Free Food;
Productive and fun workplace
FatBurger Employee (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAMay 28, 2017
I loved working here, i'd definitely go back and work here now that i have graduated. it was always so fat paced and intense, i live for that. Great place.
Pros
Free full shift buffet
Cons
Long distance travel
One of the best jobs I have ever worked at.
Porter (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAApril 19, 2017
The casino was one of the best places i have ever worked at. it was really fun and i met a lot of uplifting people . i do not have anything bad to say about the casino or management they treated me really well...
enjoyed working with my co-workers
Café Food Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CADecember 9, 2016
Great experience. Hardest part of the job is working holidays, odd hours, and smoke environment. Management team is great, co workers were the best part of my job.
great
Status Board Operator (Housekeeping Department) (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CANovember 24, 2016
working at the casino requires a lot of patience. There is not EVER A SLOW DAY. As long as you can keep up with the pace you'll be fine. if not this isnt the job for you.
Not bad
Porter/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJune 30, 2016
For the most part, all members of management that I met were pleasant and helpful. The pay was fair, nothing flashy but not bad. Other employees were good as well.
Pros
Union, free and paid lunch every shift.
Cons
Fluxuating hours unless you're full time.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAMarch 21, 2016
Management explained what was expected and employees were responsible for following all rules and there were no exceptions. I learned to pay close attention to all the details involving my job.
Pros
free lunches and lots of hours
Cons
sometimes I wouldn't leave work until 3 or 4am, so the hours
Great Benefits
CHEF (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Fast-paced environment, great team work, and an awesome head Chef. The actual training that takes place on the job is very informal and hard to adapt to for slower learners.
custodian job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 10, 2015
Great workplace for people who don't mind being on there feet bending, standing, pushing up to 20lbs for long periods of time. Most enjoyable is working alongside with my co workers and learning from them. This is a big company and is crowded everyday, often difficult to get the work done. It was challenging but great to experience.
Pros
free lunch, paid breaks/full 8 hours
Cons
management has high expectations