Thurston County Employee Reviews

It was alright
Citizen Access Residential Resources (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 21, 2018
I honestly can't give the best answer for what my work with Thurston County was like. Specifically, I worked for an organization that was contracted by the county's department of social and health services. This was five years ago.
Pros
Realitivly stable
Cons
Not paid well
Assisting with Diverse Age Populations
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAMay 5, 2018
Required community service for high school. Had a pleasant experience. Worked with seniors to help them do various requested chores around the house, as well as yard work such as fertilizing plants.
Production Production
Prep Cook & Baker (Former Employee) –  Tumwater, WAApril 29, 2018
Very good place to work and very fast paced the people I worked with were very friendly and awesome. Boss was harsh but had to inorder to get our jobs done.
The work is clear and management and staff are supportive
Commissioner Assistant (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAMarch 20, 2018
The organization oversees multiple elements of living in Thurston County. The diversity and interaction with citizens is gratifying and informative. Employees from the many departments went out of their way to assist in helping answer constituent questions and resolve problems.
Pros
The work environment.
Cons
Being an at-will employee holds no guarantees for employment.
Fun Workplace
LEGAL ASSISTANT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAMarch 5, 2018
If you love helping people and enjoy the law then this is a great fit for you. They are family oriented and encourage a balanced atmosphere. This is the best place I have worked ever.
Reasonable bosses and expectations for great salary and benefits.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WANovember 9, 2017
When working at Thurston County, I work hard but am not often expected to work more that 40 hours. Most staff are genuinely nice. The benefits are great. Salary is good...great considering the hours I work and the reasonableness of management.
I worked on a team to count voting ballots during the election season.
BALLOT PROCESSOR - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Tumwater, WAFebruary 2, 2017
We received batches of ballots and as a team, we were supposed to organize and sort the ballots by precinct. We completed paperwork at the end of each day as directed.
I was really amazed by the entire process of the voting system. Up until that time, I was basically unaware of the "behind-the-scenes" activity that goes on during the election season.
The management was patient as they taught us what was expected. They gave us clear directions and answered questions as needed.
My co-workers were friendly and very laid-back. This made the workplace culture very comfortable.
The hardest part of the job was that it was a temporary opportunity.
The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers and supervisor.
Pros
I learned new tasks and procedures n a friendly environment.
Cons
This was a short-term emplyment site.
A positive experience.
PC Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Olympia WAApril 3, 2012
This was a great place to work. I enjoyed the job, the management, and just about everything else about it. I would work for them again with no hesitation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thurston County. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6