thyssenkrupp Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 512 reviews matching the search See all 1,340 reviews
My Summary
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 25, 2018
TK was an excellent place to work, and I enjoyed my time there, I was given opportunity to excel in my duties, and I look forward to working with them again in the future.
typical call center
Customer Service / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 20, 2018
It was a fast paced, customer service job. There was poor leadership there, but some good people made it decent. If you're desperately looking for a job, then this would be one to consider
Poorly managed, overly demanding and unreasonable schedules.
Driver/Spotter (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJuly 20, 2018
Six day work weeks since I started. Been here two years on the night shift, expected to have a day shift position by now and im no closet to that goal than when I started. Layoffs are often and always looming. The job is easy, but the schedule and poor management makes the job nearly unbearable.
Pros
Long weeks, few weekends off, poor management
Cons
Decent pay, easy job
Great place with even better people !
Sales (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 16, 2018
I love working for TK for the most part. Depending on what branch you are in, and in what part of the county I'd image there could be other opinions.

I would describe TK as a mom and pop operation (elevator). By that I mean, we actually do make good on our promises to customers, and employees. The lack of structure is sometimes a good thing, and sometimes a bad thing. The only "negative" thing I would say, is that the micro-managing from upper management gets annoying. The power to make business decision really should be at the local level.
Pros
Gas Card, Car Allowance, Expense Account, Flexible Hours
Cons
Micro-Management
Utility Worker
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Middleton, TNJuly 15, 2018
A typical day for me was leading a crew of 3-4 people on the paint line. We would unload the painted parts off the line, inspect them for any flaws and defects, and them stack them on the appropriate skid, and them have the forklift driver move them. The supervisors were very easy to get along with, and my co-workers were extremely friendly.
Productive and great environment
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 14, 2018
This company allowed me to branch out and explore the fine understanding of leadership,which allowed me to mold myself among my peers into a great leader with additional skills and critical thinking under pressure.
Pros
Bonuses
Houston relocated to Frisco
Would prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 4, 2018
Great place to start if you want to build experience in a bigger corporation. Culture was good. Management could have used some help. 80% of work is delegated to 20% of the employees while management plays golf on Fridays. Lack of leadership and bad decisions cost business and reputations which took years to build. Still a good company.
Pros
Pay, benefits and experience
Cons
Lack of leadership form management, and uncertainty with future (lay-off)
Dispatching
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 2, 2018
Any other department would have more areas of advancement except dispatch. Management isn't helpful or motivating. Lack of concern for employees. It's a giant black hole so stick to different dept
Pros
Free lunch when you give up your lunch time to take calls (always pizza)
Cons
No advancement from this dept
Good place to work among politics
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2018
All organizations have politics, it is time to move on from thyssenkrupp the work culture and environment is changing rapidly that the management is in disarray.
good work experience
Senior Architectural Designer (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 27, 2018
Mostly Thysenkrupp was a good company to work for. The people I worked with were good down to earth. They tried to make it a pleasant work environment. They were willing to work with me with new ideas and help develop them. They were receptive to suggestions.
Pros
when I had medical problems, they were understanding and worked with me as I resolved those issues.
Cons
Demand on my time making it hard to balance work and family. A lot of overtime work was expected.
Great Pay for Hard Work
Admin II - Parts/Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78247June 27, 2018
This is a great company to work for if you are driven and single as you can pretty much take yourself to the top. Also if you are willing to move around you can definitely fine your niche. however if you are set in where you want to be and are looking for local advancement it is hard as the local branch is relatively small.
It was fun
Service & Repair Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJJune 27, 2018
I enjoyed working for TKE as a Collector. Must make a set number of calls per day to make your daily quota. I was able to learn Collection laws which was interesting.
Pros
Bonus structure end of year
Cons
Travel to location
Good people to work for in most cases
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILJune 27, 2018
Very good overall. They don't utilize an employees previous experience to he companies advantage. They have a tendency to advance people based on who they know and not on a performance basis .
Terrible
Inspector / Operator (Former Employee) –  Calvert, ALJune 26, 2018
The workplace culture for me out on the line was very anti-woman. Management would intentionally make working there hard in the hopes that I would quit. It eventually worked after working 70+ hours a week while 7 months pregnant.
Not a nice place to be
Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 25, 2018
There is an old saying..."If you can not say anything nice, it is better to say nothing at all." I will follow that advice when it comes to providing a review of Thyssenkrupp.
Pros
Cons
numerous
Corporate Politics
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LA 70123June 19, 2018
When I was there, the corporate politics made things very uneasy. . This was a very long time ago. The corporate politics may have been worked out by now.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairfierld. Ohio 45014June 15, 2018
What I enjoyed about Thyssenkrupp is getting to meet new people. I worked in the office with the Human Resources Department. I got to do a variety of things like filing,data entry,and whatever else was needed to be done,
Pros
experience new things
TKE Experience
Service & Repair Analyst (Former Employee) –  519 8th Avenue New York, NYJune 14, 2018
The office was very friendly and management were willing to help you understand the business so that you could be successful. I learned to management my department very will by training the employees to be suspenseful unfortunately there was constant arguments with upper management and it would make the departments very uncomfortable.
Pros
Additional vacation days every quater
Cons
Management inter fighting.
Inexperienced in Manufacturing
Administrative Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 13, 2018
Although you are trained in each position, if you don't already have experience in manufacturing, then you won't get the interview. People are hired around here for the companies they've previously worked for versus skill set.

I have an administrative background; however, because I have no manufacturing experience, I have found growth opportunity minimal to null.
Good Culture
Apprentice Mechanic/Helper (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 11, 2018
Classes, on the job training, a jack of all trades. Good company to get your foot in the door with. Sticklers for perfection when it comes to the helpers. Always concerned about safety - good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at thyssenkrupp. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight