thyssenkrupp Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Office Manager/Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  West Babylon, NYApril 19, 2018
Thyssenkrupp is a horrible place to work. Everyone is just a number and the choice of managers is atrocious. I would not recommend anyone to work there unless you like getting undermined constantly
Fun place with opportunities for advancement
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTApril 17, 2018
TKC was a great place to work. They held monthly/bi-monthly events for employee morale, work parties for major holidays, and on top of the generous benefits package also gave generous annual bonuses. The management encouraged employees to further their education and apply for job opportunities within the company. TKE always made a point to hire employee's before using outside employment agencies.
great place to work
Purchasing Agent/ Buyer (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 16, 2018
i enjoyed my time here at ThyssenKrupp, the people are great and so is the atmosphere. I learned my job quick and everyone was very helpfull in the process.
Tk is an awesome company tobwork for
Supervisor/ working team lead (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHApril 15, 2018
There is absolutely nothing wrong with TK. It's the companies that they work for that cause a lot of the underlying problems, or stress. The pay from tk is actually great for the work you do.
Pros
At yiur own pace work, friemdly tk staff, good pay
Cons
Their customers
Unfair management, favoritism, and high school enviorment
Collections Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 14, 2018
Unfair management, favoritism, and high school environment. Mostly stressful hostile working environment. Managers cover secrets for "certain" employess
Thyssen Krupp
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIApril 11, 2018
It was a job that consisted of menial tasks, but easy work day. The shifts were usually 10 hours in the plant. Also, the employer is a third party so it creates an issue when attempting to obtain permanent employment at that particular plant.
Expect to work 7 days a week
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 6, 2018
Was told it was a Mon-Fri position. Soon found out I was expected to work 7 days a week, but cut hours so it wasn't over 40. Plus make sure company phone and emails were answered after hours. Basically being on call without the pay. New management who didn't know the position and had unreasonable expectations made doing the job very stressful when it didn't need to be. What started out as a great job ended up being a nightmare where no life could be had due to having to work 7 days a week.
Great company.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2018
The Austin Branch of thyssenkrupp Elevator is rated very high in the local industry as well as within the company Nation wide.
Customers and employees are their greatest assets and are treated as such, with courtesy, professionalism, honesty and respect. Whether you are a customer or an employee of thyssenkrupp Elevator you will experience a feeling of family!
Pros
Manager, benefits, coworkers.
Hardest Part of the Job
Payroll/Extras Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 29, 2018
Unfortunately, it is very slow 90% of the time there is not much to do because all work is already completed. I love my co workers but it can be like in high school most of the time with the cliques and favoritism.
Fun place to work
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILMarch 28, 2018
I was hired as an intern and completed my tasks for the internship in 2 days. My manager decided to give me real tasks at that point. I ended up refurbishing an industrial wash machine. It was a great learning experience of taking apart industrial equipment and working with suppliers to rebuild it.
Boeing contract beware
Plate Department (Current Employee) –  Park City, KSMarch 28, 2018
There are 3 locations working on the Boeing contract dba TMX Aerospace LLC, the locations cannot sustain the workload as the company does not have the equipment needed to meet the demand. Poor planning has Employees working non stop, 7 days a week since November 2017 (now March 2018) with no end in sight. Upper management at the Boeing contract locations are continually providing false information to employees meant to cause fear and urgency.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
No days off. Extremely high healthcare costs. Poor upper management.
great place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILMarch 26, 2018
Well clean and slow pace. Nice people great help if needed and also great management. Warehouse job was great enjoyed it. always using safety. Short break and have to be on time for everything.
Pros
neat, safety first
Cons
short breaks
A retirement job
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILMarch 16, 2018
You can work here until retirement and no feel bad about it. The pay is good and the work is hard, but not too hard to deal with. I've enjoyed my time so far, but I'm always open to the idea of a better opportunity if one arrises.
Benefits
Cons
Sleep
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 15, 2018
Wonderful company to work for, very busy and day would go by fast, management was very nice and helpful. Hardest part of job was when I would have to wait for sales people to come in when I had a problem with a receipt sou they can explain. The most enjoyable part was when I mailed checks out.
Pros
Great health insurance, salary, managment
Thyssenkrupp
Visual Inspector (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 13, 2018
The work place is a slow work place, it is also stressful and disorganized. I wake up every morning if i am going to work a full 8 hours. Some days we would work 4,6, if we get lucky the whole 8.
Wasn’t a fun place at all
Team Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Ligonier, INMarch 13, 2018
There was always drama in the work place. And it was 7 days a week with no days off, your body just gets so tired. Other then that it a good job to work
Cons
Short breaks no days off
great environment to work in
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Calvert, ALMarch 12, 2018
Great place to work. With the maintenance department we set up, it was a joy to go to work and achieve something each and every day. The German management was a problem at time with the difference in philosophy.
Pros
people and work environment
Cons
Okay work place, awful management
CNC operator (Former Employee) –  Danville, IL 61834March 12, 2018
Decent pay, not too difficult work however can be boring. Some team leaders are very good managers and work with people well. Others are very condescending and have poor employee relations.
Pros
Paid lunches, good benefits
Cons
Bad management
good environment
Dispatcher/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 12, 2018
Job was very team related the manager was helpful an patience always willing to help they work around your school schedule and allow you time to get to work from school and don't hold it against you as if your late good company
Pros
free food
Cons
busy at times
The DC i worked in was incredible until management changes
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 2, 2018
Good managers was forced by upper management to provide changes which caused good employees to leave. Annual pay raises was terrible for the amount of work they ask of workers. Great learning experience just just bad compensations (medical insurance spiked $200 within a year, 3% annual raise if your lucky, upper management consistently want to cut cost no matter how much they profit.
Pros
lower management is laid back and willing to accommodate as much as they allowed
Cons
read my review and pray it change

Ask a question about working or interviewing at thyssenkrupp. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

2.0Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight