thyssenkrupp

United States1,367 reviews

Found 1,367 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,491 reviews
elevatorthyssentkkruppbilsteintkecrankshaftgerman

An okay place to work

It's an okay place to work if you don't mind really long shifts. They also schedule you for mandatory overtime on top of that. Other than long hours and mandatory overtime, I enjoy working there. The team leads and management are all very nice.

Biased and nitpick

The pay is not horrible in terre haute but alot of mismanagement and biased in work place. Horrible union and way to low pay top-out. Not many long term benefits

thyssenkrupp insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Do Not Work Here

It’s been years since I worked here and I have ptsd from working in a management position that has carried forward into future roles. Terrible combative managers, ridiculous schedules, drop everything spur of the moment travel requests, was asked to start before 6am to complete daily reports when I first started. I could continue but you understand where this is going. The compensation, 401k 3 year vesting period, paid time off, etc. was all below where you’d find at a comparable company. Avoid at all costs.

Clean and climate controlled

Good place. 220 weekly attendance bonus. Union. No pension. Make steering columns for self driving cars so I'm not sure how this will work in 15-20 years

Fun workplace

Really good place to work, they take care of their employees & they also have really good benefits if you do get hurt on the job. Which a lot of jobs don’t have

Poor communication

I was recently fired for missing over time that i was not informed i was scheduled for i tried contacting hr and discussing this after leaving and was met with still recieving my termination. They also have issues with having work i and many others were sent home due to lack of work wasting gas just to get sent home id rediclous. I was hired in and told that id be working 8hr shifts and a week later they forced us to start 10 hour shifts. Ive been lied to so many times about rewards and such and nothing ever being rewarded. the only good thing this job had was a 220$ bonus for perfect attendance.

Pros

$220 attendance bonus

Cons

Lies 30 minute but more like 25 minutes. lack of work and information. wrongful termination.

Bad Staff

Horrible! Cameras on every move you make !Constant turn over rate . Have a extended years of history horrible employer . Bad conditions inside all employees hate it …there for paycheck only !

Pros

Ins ok

Cons

Horrible communication

Laidback work environment

I like this job because it’s laidback and management does not look over your shoulder. Compensation could be better, but it’s better than most other entry level positions.

Management sucks

Working here felt like I was back in highschool, my boss was constantly literally crying over relationship and children problems, workers trying to fight eachother. Was worked maybe 10 hours a week when I was supposed to be full time. It’s a complete mess there, very unorganized.

Horrible

Management is a jokeNever follow through I witnessed them dropping people with only months to go to retirement and they did it through Email. I know of management steeling from bars on out of town training seminars! This is a company to steer clear of!

Easy

Beat job ever.. great first job for high schoolers Great pay, good people, the job is very easy. Room for you to grow in the company .Food truck outside

Pros

Great people

Cons

Always down yime

Excellent work place.

Very easy work load. Enjoy going there on a daily bases knowing the work is very easy. There is no stress being at this place. Every one is easy going and very friendly. You can make a career being at this company. Lots off opportunities to move around in different departments.

Great place to work and build a career.

I enjoyed my time there it was a great place to work at. Room for advancement and just enjoyed my coworkers very much really hate it to leave. No downside working for this company.

Don’t go here for fair pay or reliability

Can send you home whenever they want even as union and never communicate because no one other than management needs to know anything going on. If management don’t like you you’ll have a target on your back for doing your job. Constantly stressing about money and all the hour cuts along with the other bs there and getting yelled at your thing? Then go there. Otherwise employee beware. Union doesn’t do anything for us here.

Over all a horrible place

It's a filthy disgusting place to work. Management doesn't care if you are trained correctly and then put you by yourself when you should be training for months not days. Then blame you when something goes wrong.

Cons

Over all a horrible company to work for

ThyssenKrupp is a excellent company to work for.

ThyssenKrupp is a excellent company to work for with a continuous work load and minimum down time. Overall TKE is the best place to start out as a Elevator Constructor Apprentice.

No room for advancement

Very hard to move up in this company. Its a shame because from the outside it looks like a great company until you work there. Horrible time keeping system and poor mgmt.

very intenst enviroment with no room for error

with the original start up founders a great place to work. When management changed their former working personnel were hired and the original people let go. If you are not in their click you will not last long. very sad!

Work-Life Balance is a plus

Recent changes with a hybrid schedule has made a work-life balance easier. I hope that stays. Management in my experience has been good. Can improve on positive feedback.

most the workrs are great Management sucks

They will make you go thure a temp sevrice then right before 90 days are up they will let you go seen it a few times and happen to me. there is no training you learn on the fly

Visión y Desempeño Todos Haciendo la Calidad y Mejora Continúa cumpliendo lo más importante la Seguridad dentro la Empresa

Se va Creciendo a Nivel Laboral sin faltar ,sillegar tarde cumpliendo con el trabajo Asignado dentro la Empresa

Common questions about thyssenkrupp

Answered by current and former employees at thyssenkrupp

Ask a question about working or interviewing at thyssenkrupp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.5
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare thyssenkrupp with

thyssenkrupp reviews by popular job title

• thyssenkrupp