thyssenkrupp Employee Reviews

Thyssenkrupp
Branch Certification Auditor (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 21, 2018
looking for a job that allows you to put family first and have great benefits this is the place to be. can move up within the company as long as you work hard.
Do not do it
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCFebruary 15, 2018
It is not worth your sanity to work for them. they use you and dont care about you. you have to get permission to use the bathroom and breaks are only about 10 mins and you spend most of that time walking to the breakroom or batheroom
Long Hours and you get jerked around
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 14, 2018
Management doesn't know how to manage. You will be treated as property and are not allowed to have any form of opinion on anything. If you question your manager you will be terminated. Going to the general manager for anything is also immediate termination. Retaliation termination happens quite often. They prefer lazy employees compared to people who want the job done. Also enjoy all the drama that goes on in that building.
Pros
45 min lunches
Cons
the job itself
Not very fun place
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCFebruary 12, 2018
They promised me a raise for 3 months and I’ve yet to see it. They want you to work 7 days a week and no days off . It was not fun because I have two children I never got to see.
Great job for those who have no life.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 10, 2018
Like working 7-day weeks, months straight? Then TK is for you. Mandatory, none the less. The company is very clean, temperature controlled, and only noisy when the AGVs roll on by. Automation and industry come coupled hand in hand at TK, and replace most human aspects of the plant. The higher-ups spend millions investing in automation that is unnecessary and barely functions as intended. To maintain a competitive edge in the market by showing off "toys" and fixing things that weren't broken, seemed to be their motto. Aside from the company, the single greatest thing about ThyssenKrupp was the people. There was a very high level of camaraderie and family. You get to know too much about seemingly random people and it is a trip.
Pros
Friendships
Cons
You will probably be replaced by a robot
Customer Support Manager
CUSTOMER SUPPORT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 7, 2018
Great people in TK. The management team is the best I've ever worked with. The down side is the business model leaves you totally dependent on the customer's emergencies.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Business model
ok place to work
Inventory/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Loud. nice people. Team mentality. good hours.
management was ok. This was a temp position.
Very hot during the summer. not well ventilated in the building.
Pros
nice people
Cons
hot
Stressful, sad, and hostile
Sales (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 7, 2018
High stress every sector of the company seems to be competing with each other and working against each other than working together.
Majority of the management is very poor and initiate drama to turn employees on each other, when this is brought to higher management they tell the initiator to handle it with the employee which only causes more yelling and hurting (this did not happen to me but I have seen it happen to countless others).
People talk down to you, don't listen to any opinions and suggestions and constantly tell you to go against company policy.
Pros
Very flexible with time off.
fun place to a point
State Coder Administrative (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 4, 2018
was happy but yet management was unfair. I felt that I was blamed for everything but yet wouldn't give help. felt degraded compared to the other admins
Pros
people
Cons
management, rude
The money was good but the environment was not
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAFebruary 3, 2018
If you are not a part of the club involving friends you will be required to follow the rules while seeing the preferential treatment of others. There was a lot of overtime. I was working at least 60 hours a week for a year before being let go due to budget cuts. That shows a lack of management because that makes no sense. The associates in the club were never pointed, reprimanded and were not laid off.
Pros
The pay and benefits
Cons
The way supervisors speak to you and allow others to ignore policy
Excellent environment to learn new skills and excel.
Contract/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 2, 2018
Performed quality control to ensure data integrity. Throughout my tenure with ThyssenKrupp Elevator my positions were varied. I would be more than willing to discuss each individual position.
Pros
Exciting technology
Cons
Poor management
Excellant place to work
Support Desk Level II (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 1, 2018
Excellent environment. Wonderful people both management and co-workers. Hardest part of the job was leaving. Workplace culture was very diverse. Most enjoyable was the people both my co-workers and the users that would call in for help.
Flexible work schedule, paid vacation,amazing benefits, and tuition reimbursement
A/P, AR, & Accounting II Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 31, 2018
Needs more training for new hires. Overall thyssenkrupp was a good company to work for. Development opportunities are there if you can prove you're worth it.
Pros
Free lunch, Employment appreciation days
Cons
No lunch if the work load was high
Productive and Great pay
Machine Operator II (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAJanuary 31, 2018
Great job, great pay, poorly manages, a lot of he said she said incidents. No one accepted right or wrong for their actions. New management coming and going quite a lot.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Short breaks, lunches, management
Doesn't promote from within
payroll, billing and contract administrator (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 31, 2018
They do not promote from within even if they have qualified people. They's rather higher someone off the street that knows nothing about the business. They definitely do not pay their office staff what they're worth.
Heavy work load and plenty of horseplay
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAJanuary 31, 2018
A typical day is a morning meeting!About these previous days events!load and unload materials on the table using a side loader!packaging and processing orders for different customers.
Pros
Hours and pay benifits
Cons
Short breaks, horseplay, and bad management
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJanuary 30, 2018
Worked here for almost 4 years. I loved it! Pay is decent, coworkers are great, family like enviornment, work either 8-10-12 hour shifts. I believe they do their best to give the employees the recognition they deserve. Managment will TRY to work with you on any issues you may have whether work or personal depending on situation. Only issues I had was the changing of schedules with little notice. The work is fairly easy, can be stressful at times but that's mainly when your machine is having issues. Not the best communication between team leaders/ management and floor workers. Despite the cons, in my opinion, its a wonderful place to work.
Pros
benefits, decent pay, easy work, co workers
Cons
can be stressful at times, little communication, rules change often
Every thing changing all the time
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILJanuary 28, 2018
It a ok place to work hard to move up and things allways changing lot of things that don't seem like it the right move for the company mangement communication need work that the biggest problem i have with this places
A joke
Production/ Blue tarp (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJanuary 27, 2018
Place is definately a joke from co workers to managements. Fully racist. They fired me because of something another employee said. I almost sued the company. But decided its just waste of time and moved on for better career.
Pros
Benefits, hours.
Cons
Poor management, and workers.
Good Company
Service Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 25, 2018
ThyssenKrupp Elevator is a great company, I learned a lot within my 12.6 years at the company. I learned routing for field services along with dispatching and contract administrator and billing coordinator. The people were like family.
Pros
stable company
Cons
many personalities to accomodate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at thyssenkrupp. Our community is ready to answer.