ThyssenKrupp Employee Reviews

Found 852 reviews matching the search See all 2,215 reviews
Nice People
Liaison (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 20, 2018
Loved my job. It was chill. Always learning something new. I love that. I love my work people, they were awesome. Just hated the fact the job was only temporary.
Cons
Had to travel from Turlock to Fremont
Good place to work fair and room for advancemet
Plant Supervisor ll (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CAOctober 19, 2018
Thyssenkrupp is a company who believes in its team members. They always put the team before production. There is room for advancement, team members are promoted and encouraged to grow with the company. Great place to work
All chiefs no indians
Electrical Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 8, 2018
No one takes responsibility for there work always blame the person they handed it off to no support when in the field n doing service work when parts are wrong
Pros
Big company
Cons
To many clicks
Productive & fun workplace
Machine Designer - Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 8, 2018
i do not want to write a review. i just want to finish this and move on. a typical day at work was the same every day, sometimes it was stressful, because of too many demands on time.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
not enough paid holidays
Being lead gave me the ability to develop on-time-delivery and quality solutions
Waterjet lead (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 4, 2018
When I was the Waterjet lead I submitted a lot of improvements to production procedures and quality issues. In the time I was the lead we had quality and no on-time delivery issues.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Always in a rush to get parts out the door by Friday afternoon
Do not recommend it at all. I did not have a good experience working at thyssenkrupp
Setup Analyst for Oracle Based Contracts (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 3, 2018
Did not have a good experience. I would not recommend anyone to work there. They have a person spying on your every move. They pay well because the job is so stressful that personnel rotation is super high
It's a job
Layout Designer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 2, 2018
On the whole it's a good job, nothing inspiring though. No drama that I know of, management is nice, feedback is well received. Downside being the amount of mandatory overtime, 10hr a week regularly.
Pros
No drama, building is nice, descent organization, flex time, good PTO
Cons
Cubicles, dreary work environment, don't get paid for lunch, boring.
Thyssenkrupp
Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 1, 2018
Thyssenkrupp was once a desirable place to work at. Management is trash they take credit for other peoples work. They put stupid people in leadership positions that don't know what they are doing.
Company expects a lot when there is nothing to do and Tesla is there to micro manage every aspect when they don't know whats going in the warehouse firing left and right good and bad workers.
Pros
The pay is good about it.
Cons
Work place is a headache, with management being shady, not caring for there employees.
not just a number
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 30, 2018
the stress from this job became unbearable at times. The staff in the warehouse are extremely unhappy and it leaches over into the management. I did not feel cared about as an employee and was in constant fear of what I did wrong now. There was no training time, I was expected to know everything that was thrown at me right away (which was a lot) and didn't have any positive reinforcement.

The pay was good however in the end it wasn't worth the mental and physical stress I was experiencing.
Pros
good pay benefits
Cons
stress
Decent place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHSeptember 29, 2018
Bilstein is a good place of employment. They work 7 days a week so there’s not a lot of time for work and family bilstein is a very quality oriented company
Pros
Free fruit on Friday
Cons
Short breaks
Dismal, negative, job threatening work place
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calvert, ALSeptember 25, 2018
Never does management see or care what you have done good. All they care about it what have you done for them lately. There is no management that knows how to build a team. Management is inconsistent with there demands. Management does not listen. Plenty of talented people but most are not being utilized correctly. The company is run by spreadsheets, reports and presentations. If something is not on one of there forms then it is not important, tracked or done. You are a small cog in an unrecognizable machine. If you are a butt kisser then you would do well here. Management lacks follow through with inter-departments. Too many silos.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
No work stability, no work enjoyment, low moral, poor job satisfaction.
Great working experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Working at ThyssenKrupp has been a great experience for me and I enjoy coming to work everyday. I have a great supervisor who is both knowledgeable and eager to teach. My co-workers are cooperative and enjoyable to work with.

This company offers a great work/life balance with some flexibility. My hours allow for me to be home in the evenings and on the weekends with my family.

ThyssenKrupp offers excellent benefits at a reasonable price and pays well.

I would recommend ThyssenKrupp to all of my friends and family as a great place to work.
Pros
Flexability, excellent benefits, good pay, great work/life balance
Cons
none that I can think of
Fun place to work
Contracts and Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 25, 2018
People in this company is so much fun to work with. In the position I hold, there is nothing I could complaint about from neither coworkers nor from upper management. This is an international company and as such, I love the fact that I am able to work in such a diversified environment.
Just don't do it
a person (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 25, 2018
everyone here is running for the hills. there is no management at all. Not one person takes responsibility for there own actions. Its not worth it to work here. There are more people related to HR that people who work in the office.
Pros
some good people
Cons
everything else
Boring but Well Paid Work
Parts Inspector (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 25, 2018
The work with this company is fairly simple and easy to do and the pay is generally worth the brogin work. Sadly their management needs some serious work. The team leads and management have horrible communication skills within themselves and with their associates. Associated within the E-Sort probably have it the easiest where those left on the assembly line and away from the main office are practically left on their own with no help, as even if you call for help, it will be quite some time before anyone even gets to you. Training is bare minimum and if you have a bad team lead that doesnt properly teach you and then leaves you by yourself, you will be in quite a pickle.

If you like a rather tedious, repetitive, and kinda boring job that pays well, this is the job for you. If you can get through the first week and are a fast learner I would say this job is rather easy.

If you do not like having nothing to do for some long periods of time, unknown hours, and unorganized management, I would say this job isn't for you.
Pros
Good Pay, Easy Work
Cons
Boring, Tedious, Unorganized Management
Dysfunction
Professional Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 21, 2018
There are too many individuals giving directions and most contradict each other.

Human Resources is low on ethics and has major complaints being filed against it.

DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
Decent Health Benefits
Cons
Dishonest HR
Rudderless company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2018
Avoid like the plague! Unless you’re from the industry they don’t want to change or value your opinion. People have mindsets they are too imbedded and think they are so different even when compared to their sister facilities.
Pros
Cons
German ran company, HR is very transactional and spends no time developing people or processes
Ok place to work if you plan on being complacent and lack motivation
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CASeptember 17, 2018
Wouldnt recommend this place for long term . Too much favoritism, nepotism, and important positions given to incompetent people. Work schedule tends to change quarterly so dont get too comfortable. Also, constantly missing hours of pay so you must keep track of your own hours or else you dont get paid those hours.
Pros
Vacation, Overtime, benefits, work is stable
Cons
Unstable hours, high turnover rates, lack of motivation, highly inefficient, lack of training, too fast pace
nothing
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 17, 2018
they only offer sarcasm. Get in well you can won't last long. If you do get in you won't have to do anything at all they let you sleep on the job sit in the bathroom for long time. unlimited use of cell phone.
hectic place to work we didn't always have the work for all of us so we would get sent home
PAYROLL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOSeptember 15, 2018
The schedule was nice we worked 4 days on and 4 days off so you always knew your schedule a month ahead of time. In order for you to make doctors appointments if needed.
Cons
Temporary Positions only

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ThyssenKrupp. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight