TIAA Bank Employee Reviews

A day at TIAA
CRA/HMDA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 23, 2019
Employee friendly company. Works very well with employees needs and concerns. The employee resource groups are great! They allow the employees to learn more about each other and how they can group within their departments.
Pros
Free lunches, ERGs
Cons
Na
Diverse and inclusive
Senior Back Office Support (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 15, 2019
Fast paced, constantly changing, career opportunities were fair, great work environment, location was convenient, atmosphere was fun, inclusive, benefits were excellent
Good internship with great department.
Deposit Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Islandia, NYSeptember 4, 2019
Work in my department was awesome. The people in my department were great to work with, and the department worked together as a team to get our daily workflows for the day done.
Horrible
Client Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 28, 2019
I'll start with the good. Pay, benefits, and PTO are the best in the industry.

Now the for the bad. You are chained to your desk . You speak with angry clients most of the day. You are extremely micromanaged. The systems are absolutely horrible. Management gives a lot of lip service but rarely follows through. There are very limited opportunities for advancement, especially in the call center. This is the only job I've had where I come home mentally exhausted every single day. You are just a number. My word of advice is to look elsewhere.
Great environement when EverBank ran it
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 28, 2019
When they were owned by EverBank. This was the place to be, it was the perfect hybrid. Programs like a broker with banking rates, this truly was an amazing company.
Business UAT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 22, 2019
it was a job that i enjoyed working for and with the employees. i look like the way they treated the customers they always came first.............................
Watch it
Creative Content Developer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 20, 2019
Poor management. Watch out for this company as they are bottom line oriented and have no regard for employees. Think long and hard before working for these people.
Values?
VP (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 5, 2019
TIAA does not follow their own values. Employees have no advancement opportunity and upper management is like the good old boys club. It’s a shame because the team members stay in the same job until they quit.
Under payed
Client Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 2, 2019
Management unable to help you, because they don’t know anything. The job consist of opening up checking,savings,CD’s money market, Ira, trust accounts. Close accounts, transfer funds, help Enroll in online banking. Take credit card applications. Help with wire transfers, help set up online external bank accounts.
Productive fun place to work
Mortgage Underwriter III (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJuly 12, 2019
Our managers trusted us to do our work without micro-managing.
We could always depend on our managers to be fair and make sure that we had a chance to explain the purpose behind our decisions.
Great place to wirk
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 26, 2019
Great atmosphere, conducive to learning. Team oriented and everyone helps out when necessary. Management was fantastic. Morale was always very high.
New Accounts
NEW ACCOUNTS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 22, 2019
Very difficult working with a company that has merged with another. Both companies were still functioning as to separate entities when though were actually one.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
no direct management, micro managers, bad communication with department
Stressful, but glad to have a job
HL Ops-Closer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 15, 2019
I was happy to be working at TIAA, but like most places - there are definitely room for improvement. I feel more training and leadership classes/training should be required for ALL Management and not just to gain the position, but to keep the position. Team morale is needed too. Luckily, I had a good boss later after being hired and moved to a new manager.
Supportive and Collaborative team(s)
Non-Employee Consultant, TMS (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28269May 31, 2019
other people are always willing to help you out or assist you with any issues. Managers are nice and care about their team members. the culture is starting to get with having a positive and supported team and a fun and less stressful workplace environment.
Says they're Ethical but lay 1000 people off with 1 weeks notice
Retail Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 17, 2019
I lived through a 2 year merger between EverBank and TIAA and was told how fortunate we were to be bought by such a stable and ethical company. Within a year, they shut the entire Retail Division down, giving 1 weeks notice to 1000 employees.
Enjoyed my time there
CRM & Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 16, 2019
I was brought into TIAA (Everbank) to set up their CRM integration and work directly with their sales teams and managers. It was a great environment to learn updated technology and I worked with people from all areas of the firm. My office closed so I had to move on, however it was a positive experience and I appreciate the people I worked with.
Don’t waste your time
Client Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 25, 2019
Typical call center job. Terrible customers and management is ridiculous. This company is very unorganized. I would not recommend this job it is very stressful
Pros
Coffee, pto
Cons
Stress, schedule, customers
Great mission, poor execution
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 25, 2019
TIAA Bank has superior benefits and strong work/life balance. Their retirement plans are second to none among banks. Bottom line, the benefits are superior.

Whether or not you can have a fulfilling career depends on your personality and what mold you fall into. If you are all about conjecture and meaningless platitudes, if you spend more time socializing in the office with your associates than getting work done, if you talk the talk and ignore the walk, if you actually know very little about their business but have a nice degree, if you give management high marks on surveys regardless of the truth, if you like praise for the sake of praise itself...You'll do well there.

If you are driven to drive out the facts, if you feel strongly about the facts driving direction, if your reporting paints an accurate picture even if it casts doubt on management decisions, if you think management should be highly qualified and not in place because of who they know or the rosy (and usually false) reporting they generate...You probably will not do well there.

Who you know is important, what you know is irrelevant. How well you socialize is important, what you get done is immaterial. Most of the management there is self-serving and exclusive, if you do not conform, you will be cast out. The Kool-Aid does have a nice flavor, though.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
An entrenched culture of cronyism
Acceptable Employment
Underwriter III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2019
TIAA Bank was consistent with my past employment experience. I was a legacy EverBank employee and was acquired via acquisition, my experience with TIAA was limited.
Pros
Collaborative
Cons
Job instability
Good environment.
VENDOR MANAGEMENT & SOURCING INTERN (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 23, 2019
Good environment but very hard to get an entry level job. Requires a lot of years for experience. The workplace is very laid back and every one tends to be helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TIAA Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight