TIAA

United States1,026 reviews

Found 1,026 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,076 reviews
tiaacrefretirementfinancialcrefculturebalancebenefitparticipant

Featured review

TIAA selected this as a representative review
Loved it here. Great culture. Awesome benefits. The co-workers and managers are very supportive. I have nothing negative to say about the company. Lots of fun activities planned.

Great place to work for, for a week, so you can put it on your resume. That's it

While I personally had a half decent manager, the rest of the comp. is horrible. The pay is Sub-par through and through. Oh and the terrible benefits!

TIAA insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Support from manager

What is the best part of working at the company?Beautiful Charlotte officeWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The hybrid work schedule What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It’s a nice environment but he culture is a little off putting What is a typical day like for you at the company?Phones all day no special projects

Great culture

I’ve been with TIAA for 9 years. The culture is amazing. The diversity is even better. I love how transparent the company is with frequent Town Halls with the CEO

Easy, straight forward job

The pay is good for the amount of work that you have to do. The managers and trainers are great communicators and are focused on helping you succeed. Good place to work

What is the best part of working at the company?The best part of working at TIAA is being able to learn from the high level of experts in the industry.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Not being able to work remote full time.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The work environment and culture is fine.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Very busy.

Excellent

Best possible place to work very fair compensation program products are always improving career growth opportunities both in same division and in other parts of the company

Great people

Great people are at TIAA Bank Field fun experience with the staffing company and manger and people who comes to work at the TIAA Bank Field and the football team is very respectful to the fans I will always work at the TIAA Bank Field and tell friends and family about a great job at the TIAA Bank Field

Pros

Great food

Cons

Great health care center

Too many hours

Too many hours, too much work, too many systems, mid managers do not reflect culture. The hardest part of job is keeping up with mandatory HR training. Most enjoyable is coworkers and lunch. I learned how to deal with stress.

Great Benefits, Collaborative work culture

Overall Nice place to work .. work in IT function.. used to be a nightmare starting out in operational support..buy has improved since. management needs to step up to provide more support and standards like SLA and boundaries on time.

Good place to work, but less remote opportunities

TIAA is an awesome company to work for. The pay structure and benefits are like no other investment company that I am aware of. The only downside is that you don’t have much flexibility and they are really emphasizing return to office at least a majority of the time, so remote opportunities are few. You pretty much have to live near a hub to work here.

Good benefits, day-to-day can be mundane

The company has a great mission and excellent values. The benefits are good, but the day to day can be repetitive, especially in transaction operations.

Terrible place to work

Horrible culture and crooked middle management. They do not care about employees, ridiculous unrealistic goals. Reward people who have no shame or morals

Overall benefits and Comp Very Competitive

Benefits and compensation are very competitive. Although TIAA tries to project they are employee focused, there are aspects they fall short. Keep your eyes open.

Benefits

nice place to work

Nice place to work. Friendly people. Beautiful offices. good benefits. Good management, you will learn a lot if trained by the right person. Pay is good also.

Pros

nice cheery atmosphere

Cons

parking at this location is bad

Good Workplace

The company is REALLY giving which one reasons I like working here. Don't like the interview process for applying for new positions. People are nice but like to pass the buck.

Solid company; until it wasn't.

Hired as remote, then told to come to the office or lose bonus/position. Bad look after shouting "work life balance" since 2020. The people are good, the campus is beautiful, and it feels like there's a fair amount of room for promotion. However, I can't get over the lies we were fed the last two years only to have the rug pulled out from underneath us. It's not our fault that you wasted money on infrastructure when most of our jobs can be done from home.

Pros

Hybrid, beautiful campus, good pay

Cons

Expensive healthcare, imaginary work/life balance

Excellent work place

Excellent work place, good environmental labor. The supervisor are respectfully with them co-workers. The parking lot is available every time. The building are comfortable.

Current Customer support

company does not care about their employees. Employees have said all year they do not want to work in the office however leadership, against the views of the employees are forcing everyone back into the office, not raising pay, and not doing anything to help the costs for the employee. do not work here unless you want to be under appreciated and not valued at all as an individual.

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

Top heavy leadership

Company does a reorg so often that nothing ever gets accomplished. Lack of true leadership and lots of egos. Pay is great which is why people stay but the culture is very toxic.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Terrible leadership, lack of focus, no processes

Great working enviornment

I really enjoyed working with the team I worked with. They were all willing to teach me and show me the ropes of the job and help me with anything that I might've needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TIAA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.6Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
4.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight